working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

210,601 to 210,620 of 234,986 messages
28/09/2012 at 08:30

Morning

I didn't get into London either which is a relief as I don't want to do it again - must have entered in a moment of madness

~~~~~~~Mrs XB~~~~~~~

(((((((Murph)))))))

((((((lurgified WAISters))))))

I'm still blocked up and partially deaf - got a bit of sinisitus so quite headachey and tiring but working from home today so not as bad as my trip to Cardiff yesterday when I came home cream crackered after  a day's meeting and 7 hours of driving.

Hope your drive to France is traffic free Chuggy

I seem to be doing a local 10k next weekend. *crosses fingers* Sorry not to be going the Chester marathon with you all. *sniggers* I'm guessing I should probably try and run again at some point before then? 

Happy Friday one and all

28/09/2012 at 08:44
I have a VLM place, deferred from last year, but Achilles has put paid to any chance of doing it after only 8 weeks of training. Probably going to have a crack at the Parish Walk instead.

~*~*~*~*~*~ Westie vibes~*~*~*~*~*~

Safe trip Chuggy

You can't really achieve 7 hours driving here DL, unless you circumnavigate the island 50 times! You do get into a mind set of places being too far away to drive to - the airport is over 20 miles away - and down South!!

How's Alfie this morning Sluggie?

((( for poorly waisters))))
28/09/2012 at 09:09

((((XB)))))))) Glad Mrs XB is waddling about. I'm sure she'd love a cake (if you three don't eat it before it gets as far as the hospital of course). Do send our love

Westie  you'll be fine I'm sure!  

Good luck with all that driving Chuggs  

((((((((((waisters and pets andhorses)))))))))) 

We were meant to be off to Bristol today, but cancelled as wanted to stay a bit nearer Mr Daffs' dad. Mind you, Mr Daffs went and stayed with him the other night - and ended up having to join Gala Bingo Can't tell you how much I laughed (I personally have nothing against bingo, but if you knew Mr Daffs you'd know why I'm laughing). You get a free bingo dobber thing - which is entirely useless and the whole thing is electronic

Instead I'm going to run (at some point), have a hair cut (so I look half decent in my 'before the marathon' photos at least) and have lunch with a cheery mate  

28/09/2012 at 09:35

Morning safe journey Chuggy,
Had my weigh in this morning and you can tell Mrs is back in the fold managed to put on weight . We go to the shops and hey biscuits / crisps / ice creams /cake all end up back in the house . I don't buy the stuff when she's away to avoid temptation but now can't have a coffee without cake left out etc so instead of just coffee it's coffee + what evers going.No doing much plodding this week has not helped but hey ho come Sunday the Guinness will be flowing so what the hell.
I may do a Daffs and have a hair cut and shave my legs for speed and a proper shave just in case the odd photo is taken. Pink running vest !!! may post a picture before cause after my face will be red and pink

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( lurgy waisters and pets )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

28/09/2012 at 12:02

Morning,

(((Poorly WAISTers and WAISTer rellies)))

Chuggy I reckon you must have worn a path between your 2 homes by now. I hope that you have a good journey.

~~~Westie~~~ I'm sure you ill have fun.

Oooh, is your mara this weekend Daffs? Pompoms will certainly be agogo.

Poor Murph, at least he has a comfortable life and plenty of food.

I'm sure Mrs XB will appreciate a cake. I do hope that the 'waiting on hand and foot' rota has been drawn up for her return?

That eminds me of when I had my hystericalectomy. SB was about 12 and I had explained in advance that he would need to help around the house as I would not be able to do chores for a while. He came up with all sorts of plans to entertain me and was very put out when we pointed out that it was practical help that was needed!

Alfie is back to normal today, thanks. He started to pick up around lunch-time yesterday but was still a bit quiet for the rest of the day. He is back into full 'pickle mode' again now. I will have to chat to the vet before he has hs next lot n 3 week's time. I do need him to be fully vaccinated though - not ony for his own good but because we need to be able to put him into a cattery when we go away.

Oh yes - pet insurance. We have never insured our cats before (it wasn't really around so much when we first had Chivvy and Punky. However, I think it will be wise to insure this chap, at least until he calms down a bit. Does anyone have stories of insurance companies to try - or avoid?

I have done aquagym and Tesco. Now girding my loins asSM and her friend (not the friend) are coming round for dinner this evening.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

28/09/2012 at 13:10
Afternoon. Wet here. I went club last night and 5m done. Sunday apparently is 9.
Still feel tired, beginning to wonder if something wrong but it's probably all due to lots on and not enough sleep.

Meldy , did you do the new mk marathon this year? And if so what is it like? Purely out of interest you understand!

Work tomo . Possibly all day but probably only til half one. Just waiting for a friend to call in . We were going for a walk but the weather has other ideas. Might try and talk her into a gym session.
28/09/2012 at 14:49

Squiet

Nicely girded loins Sluggie

Hope the sun shines on your walk Amandax

There's nothing like a bit of Bingo Daffers. 

Is it the weekend yet?????

28/09/2012 at 15:33
As good as DL

Got my VLM acceptance bumph today. Haven't opened it, may as well put it in the bin :0(
XB
28/09/2012 at 16:07

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417320_10151095289870958_555878887_n.jpg

Look. I always said I had what it takes to be a master baker.

Want some to go with that coffee, Westie.

28/09/2012 at 16:10

It's always the weekend in WaisterWorld.

Today I introduced HL to the joys of 20% hills, actually, there's not much else around here, except for the occasional 25%.  She's cream knackered now so should be a cheap date for tonight.

Guinness is calling me.

28/09/2012 at 16:16

XPost XB, I say, can you put a slice in the post please. It looks grand.

28/09/2012 at 16:59

Mmmmmm, that looks really good XB!

28/09/2012 at 17:13

Oooh, XB, my favourite cake I'll have a slice too please if there's some left over  

Poor old HL! 

Marathon next week Sluggy - same one as Spence, Jenni and XB

Had haircut, lunch with a friend, and a large argument (although trying to forget about the latter). Quite a productive day!

28/09/2012 at 17:59

Nice cake, and pretty impressive photo too XB (Just tweak the white balance a bit! )

I'm not much better, although I'm feeling a little more alert now the paracetemol's kicked in. I can't sleep at night. I think I rest and doze, but only seem to sleep soundly around 5-6 am. I haven't moved much ... rolll out of bed and onto the settee, then back to bed. (I feel a bit like Nogs? definition of flu - if there was a £10 note on the floor, you could have it!)

Daffs, having briefly met Mr Daffs, he didn't strike me as a bingo type ...

My baby has just gone out in my car by herself to go and do police stuff. Where does the time go?

28/09/2012 at 18:00

* holds out plate for cake*

Although I did have rather a lot at school!!

I have my pre race hair cut booked in for next week Daffs

Amandax, so what plan will you follow?

For your mara training that is?? 

28/09/2012 at 20:13
Ahh Pippi you sound proper poorly
I'm watching Green Wing love it
28/09/2012 at 20:31

**slumps down**

flippin difficult day today,  A day that deserves cake 

oh pippi, you sound well poorly.  Just keep yourself hydrated and some food just to keep you going.

hurray for all those not getting into london

hurray for all those who did!!!

We dont have cat insurance Sluggy so cant comment.  Just a credit card in reserve.

thank god its the weekend, its been a loooooooooooooooooooong week

28/09/2012 at 22:08

Ohhhhhhhh, sorry XB. You said master baker - I miss-heard you 

Just been out for a Thai meal - how very unexpected and rather nice

((((((((((Snaily))))))))))

((((((((Pippi)))))))

28/09/2012 at 22:13

* holds out plate for cake*

Although I did have rather a lot at school!!

I have my pre race hair cut booked in for next week Daffs

Amandax, so what plan will you follow?

For your mara training that is?? 

M...eldy    pirate
28/09/2012 at 22:24

De ja vu Spence?

I am at work - I have already had a busy day 

I may need cake & coffee  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.