working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

210,821 to 210,840 of 235,393 messages
06/10/2012 at 07:32
Not going far spence.sunny MK! Taking youngest to see blood brothers , my friend coming too, then meeting eldest after for dinner. He's shopping while we are in theatre as he apparently doesn't do musicals!! Youngest and I are then stating over in hotel just nr centre so no driving. Pool at hotel so chill out evening and then Sunday youngest wants to shop.
OH will be at home with list of jobs including fixing the leak!
Edited: 06/10/2012 at 07:45
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/10/2012 at 08:23

morning

(((((Pippi)))), hope you are well on the road to recovery now.

Have a great time Amanda, shame about the job front - there are lots of vacant posts about, but in a quest to save money, they are not being filled - absolute nonsense IMO, Bank and Agency cost far more than regular staff and the risks of something going wrong with staff trying to care for people they know little about is likely to cost the organisation far more in enquiries and compensation.

Sunny here, let's hope it stays that way 

06/10/2012 at 09:00

Morning each.

Hope you feel a bit better Pipps.

I've only read back the last page so am a bit out of touch.  Looks like Amanda needs job vibes and is it Daffers mara weekend?

Who else is doing what?

The rain and general CBA'ness meant I missed yesterdays hilly session so, today, HL has taken GD off to dancing and I'm off out for a long ride - 4 hours as hilly as I can make it - 10 hills just about worthy of the title including Brill and Oving twice each.

Cycling Weekly this week has a bikies bucket list which has got me to thinking.  More on that later.

06/10/2012 at 09:08

friggin b*ll*cks and t*ts thought it was all going to well....short version I'm going on my own, hotel on my own, meal with J on my own...

So friggin stressed now

can I leave my bag in your car tomorrow XB please

So see you on the start line WAISTer pals

ooh I love Blood Brothers!

Laters xx

(((((WIN))))

06/10/2012 at 09:26

Morning all,
Good luck to all runners this weekend and good luck on the job front amandax.

Hope M..eldy got away ok and the old boy is getting on Vet bills are a pain.
Excuse my ignorance but whats a bikies bucket list ?
Coffee then duty driver for Mrs.

06/10/2012 at 09:42

Have a good time Amanda, sounds nicely relaxing after all you've been dealing with lately! Fingers crossed for the job x

Hope no news from Meldy is good news... 

I'm now going on my own too Spence - but refused to drive home after running 6 hours so going on the train Fortunately my mother lives just up the road See you on the start line indeed! can't decide whether I should be panicking - but can't really be bothered

Gorgeous day here  

06/10/2012 at 10:53

Morning. Rather overcast and breezey here, but not cold. Bit of relief as it was actually hot yesterday (28 C)---was sweating like a pig after just walking 5 k (well, it was hilly

(((((((((((((((Snaily and Snailymum)))))))))))))))

Hope the new initiatives give your mum some energy and focus again. She's such an impressive lady. xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amandax work~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sue's right. It's demented not to fill posts, and then bring in agency people. That said, hope that results in some more work for you! A nice weekend in the meantime sounds good. 

Daffs, your planning is impeccable, as ever )) You're bound to have a great time. 

(((((((((((Spence))))))))))

Not sure I entirely understand what happened, but sounds like the best laid plans went suddenly off track ( But you will have a great run anyway!

((((((((((Melds and Murph)))))))))))

For all possible reasons I hope the vet didn't find any serious 'issues' with the big fella. Let us know, please. 

Whoa, Nogs, that sounds like a pretty determined training plan for today! Hats off to you. 

Been to the market and now time to go do our double act: Mr C chops back branches and I lug them to the compost heap. 30 years of wedded bliss condensed into one sweaty exercise)

06/10/2012 at 11:53

Dropped Mrs off at station she is off to pack more stuff up at the caravan as we clear it out for "disposal".
Did a bit of shopping got some petrol now will be out attempting to cut the grass  and garden work.

Oh yes went out for a plod yesterday just did a steady 5k so the legs still work but heels are painful but do ease off after a while .
Enjoy yourself Daffs and if Spence gets in the way just trip her up.

06/10/2012 at 12:37
Crikey spence! You scarem me there, thought u weren't doing it!
I'll be driving there and back on my own too - it will be fine'
I'm in denial .....
06/10/2012 at 13:38

not quite my 4 hours, but, 54 miles, 10 decent hills all in HR zones 2 and 3 done and dusted.

Cripes we had some rain overnight, flood and standing water everywhere despite it being a lovely sunny day.

Westie, Bikie bucket list is things for cyclists to do before they peg it.

Number 1 is climb the Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux.  That is sneaking back onto the Nog agenda for 2013.

Go racers

06/10/2012 at 13:47

Right, I'm off to catch the train, see you on the other side!

06/10/2012 at 14:51

Good news, Chester marathoners - it's beautiful weather here, and forecast for the same tomorrow! Sorry I can't offer to carry your bags, spence ...

I'm feeling a bit better today thanks - not so weak and wobbly, and my chest doesn't hurt when I bend over ... hope it continues as i'm a bit fed up of feeling like someone in a Victorian novel!

M...eldy    pirate
06/10/2012 at 14:53
Sorry guys !!

Murph was ok, just a flystrike attack (I won't go into details)

Arrived chez mouse last night and have been out for a couple of hours on the mountain bike with the girls

Spence, chill!!! You'll be with J and everything will be fine, it won't affect your race so enjoy it

Ra ra ra ra Team WAISTer
06/10/2012 at 16:54

Afternoon,

(((Pippi))), glad to hear that you are starting to get better.

Meldy, I'm glad to hear that Murph is OK and you were able to get away. Please give our regards to Mousie.

It is a lovely, bright day here. I think we might give Alfie a look at the garden before his teatime

Pompoms on supercharge for the marathoners.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

06/10/2012 at 17:59

Evening all

Just popping in to shake my pom poms and get the vibe machine oiled for a busy day tomorrow.

(((((((Pippi)))))) Hope the anti biotics get you sorted - it has been dragging on a bit. 

~~~~~~~~~Amandax~~~~~~~~ job vibes for you

I did a local 10k today - nice and slow. Did it with my mate who is a nice slow runner. We were last - it's very liberating being last - actually enjoyed it.

So for the Chester chuggers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ etc etc etc

06/10/2012 at 18:00

Ooh my vibes shoot off the screen - how very exciting

06/10/2012 at 18:29

Norty DL

Evening all

Nog, le rouleur wrote (see)

The rain and general CBA'ness meant I missed yesterdays hilly session so, today, HL has taken GD off to dancing and I'm off out for a long ride - 4 hours as hilly as I can make it - 10 hills just about worthy of the title including Brill and Oving twice each.

You should have come to us Noggy - I came from the far east and another lady from Swindon and about a dozen others from points in between for a Surrey Hills session followed by a burger and chat

Some of us did less hills than others but the good climbers went off and did extra ones while we slower peeps ground our way up and we had a good fast blast back along the A25 before the last hill as we were getting hungry by then

Lovely day out and in the end great weather but am now a tad tired after the 0530 start, 4 hours driving and around 6 hours fresh air between cycling, cake stop and lunch stop at the end

06/10/2012 at 18:30

PS - they included one of 20% which completely defeated me I'm afraid  but Mr P managed to get up it which well impressed me

XB
06/10/2012 at 18:49

Crikey. That's some serious wheeling. You have every right to be knackered, Podds.

I've just cooked a red & green pepper chilli with brown rice. 4 clean plates.

Managed to mow the lawn today. It was a bit wet but you've got to make hay...

06/10/2012 at 19:23

Good work Podds.  My ride has a short piece of 20% too.  Today  was all about getting up the hills with the least energy expended.  It felt slow when I rode but the computer showed a decent pace.

Spag bol here, same clean plates.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.