working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

210,861 to 210,880 of 233,055 messages
07/10/2012 at 11:23

Have you been here Snaily?

http://richardfelton.blogspot.co.uk/p/uk-based-ultra-runner-of-year-polls-2012.html?m=1

Just off to take the pooches for a longer walk.  Tend to take them separately these days as Evie is tired quicker and slower than Bear but I think I'll take them both out this morning as we have no great hurry and it is sunny.

07/10/2012 at 11:45

Morning,

*pompompmpompompompom*

GO GO GO WASTERracers, RARARA

Guys, I know that I am a real techno-numpty - but I can't see the list of nominees, never mind how to vote for SuperScott!

Sterkte, Snaily.

Great cycling from Noggie, Podds and Mr P, I am in awe of you all! I haven't been on my bike all year, made more difficult cos we don't have a towball on the noo car. MS doesn't have the patience to load up the bikes if I can only do a short ride. Still looking into exercise bikes - it seems we might need something a bit more expensive than basic models in order to accommodate MS's long legs.

Alfie has just come and sat on me. He has wet paws and bum as he has been playing in he bath again. We let hi out for a few minutes before his teatime yesterday and he attempted to leg it . I have a real fear that he will run off andmove in with someone else.

A quiet day of pottering around for us - don't want to be far from the comp when the race reports come in!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

07/10/2012 at 12:01

How about a basic turbo trainer Slugs?  At least you'd get to turn your legs over.

What's the time frame for our gallant mara ers?

HL and GD have gone for a walk with a neighbour and her dog.  How blissful it is to have some Nog time on a Sunday morning with no guilt about lack of bike riding.

Lunch is prepped and I'm doing my core/stretch and weight session with the telly on

07/10/2012 at 12:15

Whilst we're waiting for the mara types to finish, I'll take a stroll down Tangent Boulevard.

I know we have a number of Waisters with sleep problems.  I saw a programme called Food Hospital the other night and they looked at benefits of eating Kiwi fruit (x2) 1 hour before bedtime.  I won't try to go into the science but if you google Kiwi fruit sleep or similar you can read a couple of studies.

I started two nights ago so it's too early for me to say, but I am going to persist with it.  It seems better than chemicals or little sleep.

Thought it was worth a mention.

07/10/2012 at 12:19

The kiwis are certanly worth trying, Noggy! Do let us know how you get on.

Yes, I think it might be worth looking at a turbo - although I spect MS would moan about having to swop the bikes over!

07/10/2012 at 12:53

I've voted Scott into 3rd place (although I was intrigued by someone with my maiden surname and the same name as one of my -innumerable- nephews)

Off to look at a Chester tracker. It's a glorious day for them here!

Don't the kiwis wriggle and peck in bed?

07/10/2012 at 13:38

Well the WAISTERS did us all proud and Spence will be over the moon but they have all finished and they can tell their story

well done

07/10/2012 at 14:16

Oops sorry they are done now i think but got mixed up with the estimated finish times

07/10/2012 at 14:21

I don't think Daffy's finished yet, has she? Not unless she has speeded up considererably - the tracker I have has her due in in about 30 minutes. (mind you, it'snot such a good tracker)

07/10/2012 at 16:00

did not get daffs number

Loads of spam on begginers forums looks like state side p*sh

07/10/2012 at 16:07

Yay! She's home!

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 17:38

Ive cleared the spam for you THEN I read back ... how good am I  

Slugsta wrote (see)

The kiwis are certanly worth trying, Noggy! Do let us know how you get on.

Yes, I think it might be worth looking at a turbo - although I spect MS would moan about having to swop the bikes over!

I am not sure he would be able to moan quite so loud with a turbo wrapped round his head ...

Have had a lovely weekend with the girlies in Brizzle, serious mountain biking on Saturday with a short run with lovely views this morning before a roast dinner in the pub and an easy drive home, well it was easy before I hit Handy X 

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 17:39

Not got the tracker link jobby so I shall wait for the race reports now that the Daffy one is home ..

I also voted Scott in to a place last night 

07/10/2012 at 17:41

Fantastic going by the WAISters )))))))

Also by Snaily----I was exhausted just reading what you've been doing!

Sluggie, prolly a good idea to keep Alfie inside for a while longer and let him get well used to being at home. He does seem to be of a roving nature, but his recent, ahem, surgery may mitigate that. In any case, I imagine you have both a collar and a chip on him so that if he should go walkabout, he will be sent home pronto. Will be interested to hear what you do on the bike/turbo front, keep us posted. 

Pippi, hope you are continuing to feel better and get your strength back. You've had a truly carp time. 

DL, how's the neck? Can you still turn it to look down, or is it permanently fixed in the 'up' position after a day of ceilings? 

Nogs, never heard of the kiwi/sleep connection. Do let us know how it goes. 

Nice day here, just come back from tea with German neighbours. Sigi makes the world's most delicious plum tart. Neither of us can even THINK about dinner after having had two slices each))

Now waiting eagerly for race reports......

XB
07/10/2012 at 18:35

Home. Showered. Waiting for Mrs XB to get off the phone so I can order curry.

Happy. Tired. A bit achey. A bit breaky. Ran the whole thing with Mrs FarFar more or less bang on target. Finished with 4:54. I did enjoy most of it mainly due to having company but I did turn the air blue in the last 3 miles thanks to the stoopid hills.

If you ever want to do a marathon that takes in picturesque villages with the most wonderful support and also has a great t-shirt and medal and good facilities, then Chester is the one.

I'm going to take a rest from marathonning for the foreseeable.

Any race that has WAISter participants is never a waste of a day. Thanks to JFF  for keeping me going, thanks to Spence for digging in and getting the job done and Wowsers to Daffy for a true display of awesomeness.

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 18:45

I'veheard from Daffs and she cant wait for the next one and wants a list of options by the time she gets back here 

Nice running Mr XB 

Well done Team WAISTer ... I certainly need to get one on the calandar for next year !!

07/10/2012 at 19:10

I'm back.

Firstly Mr Spence and I hadn't had a row, issues with the boy that meant Mr Spence stayed behind.

I've learnt stuff about myself today that I don't like.

I'm not happy, I don't have the dig deep attitude that so many of you have.  as soon as I was on my own I gave up and no amount of talking to myself would get me out of it.... I'm embarrassed to say.

Passed Daffs as we were driving out hope you heard me shout Daffs

I need to grow some balls before I ever put myself in that position again.

07/10/2012 at 19:14

great news from the Waister team, and Spence has a new marathon buddy in Daffs!

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

DL, how's the neck? Can you still turn it to look down, or is it permanently fixed in the 'up' position after a day of ceilings? 

That made me laff chuggs

I dont feel like I've been out all weekend, we start on the bedrooms next week, so perhaps I wont see daylight until December!

I have a 2 day training course in Birmingham next week, cant wait to go in a posh hotel (the Marriott dont you know!) then i can have a break!

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 19:14

Spence I will echo what XB said on FB, others in that situation would have packed up and gone home, the fact that you *did* finish and in an acceptable time shows that you do have what it takes and you have used it before, its very difficult to analyse a race that doesnt go how you anticipated ... I've been there!!
Dont be hard on yourself ..  reflect in the morning

07/10/2012 at 19:23

For goodness sake Spence........you've done ANOTHER marathon!  You are amazing!!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.