working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

210,981 to 211,000 of 233,629 messages
09/10/2012 at 19:22

Daffs, fabbo piccies.  You look like you are taking to this mara milarkey.  Where next?

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 19:25

Morning all ... lovely(ish) sleep and my back is a lot looser now thank heavens

GPO has been asleep on a chair all day so that he can see if I reach for the Frontline in my sleep I suspect

Sluggy, it is indeed a huge hole, I always put some by each month for such eventualitys (self insuring) but what with the car fiasco last month and then the emergency call out there are a few things that need to be sold, it kind of coincides with me getting rid of some large pieces of furniture in a bid to look less like a filming delight for the next series of Life of Grime so I am hoping I might get some cash towards it and then have a few other bits I can sell so all is not lost and (fingers crossed) we might have a peaceful winter!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/10/2012 at 19:37

evening

well slept Meldy 

Ihad some words of encouragement and wisdom for the stalwart marathoners, but it's all been said.

Noggs keep a close watch on your lumpy bits, any change - take action, but I suspect you've already been told that

not a great deal going on here. A bit of a challenging day at work. One of my people died a couple of weeks ago, she was place in a facility in North Wales, she was just 38 and died of a fast growing cancer. Her mother asked me to do the eulogy - the funeral was today. I practiced what I was going to say in front of the kettle this morning, although the kettle remained unmoved, I did wobble a bit. I was determined that I was going to retain my professional facade and not cry at the funeral ----- I failed!!! Life can be so cruel to some people, many of them, like this girl, just get on with it uncomplainingly.

Good luck with the money raising Meldy, I had a bargain  on preloved a short while ago, a practically new knitting machine for £180, it's still in Swindon with my step mother atm, but I'm off to get it sometime soon. 

Gumtree is also good for selling stuff so I understand. Ebay is pricing itself out of the running!

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 19:56

I might try Gumtree .. there is also a guy up the road with a salvage place who does house clearance (its not quite that drastic yet!!) and he may come and collect them if he is interested

Life is so very cruel Sue and well done you for getting up there and what can only be a very harrowing task

09/10/2012 at 20:03

Oh Melds, what a pain in the wallet.

My '100 best climbs' books have arrived and I'm surprised that I've done a few,

Melds, Whiteleaf is a 6/10, Kingston Blount a 2/10.

By contrast, when we were in Devon I did Widecombe which is 7/10 and at the end of the month I get to do Dunkery Beacon which is 10/10.

HL was keen for me to do an 11/10 in Westmorland - described as Britains Mont Ventoux - until i pointed out my life insurance is worth chuff all.  That's fired me up even more.

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 20:04

I have seen that book Noggs, I forget whose coffee table it was on but yes ... have done a few!
Is Mow Cop in that one ??

09/10/2012 at 20:07

Sue, so sorry, I hadn't read your post fully.  What a foul day but well done for delivering the eulogy.  A few tears never did any harm.  A 38 year old with a crappy illness is just not right, I'm sure you were a pillar of strength.

09/10/2012 at 20:08

Sure is Melds, we could probably swap notes on a few others.

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 20:09

Did you get the ok for the sportive ?  Podds is only coming over to see you and the FGO  

09/10/2012 at 20:47

It's up before the appeals committee soon.

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 20:50

If you need an expert witness just let me know 

09/10/2012 at 21:09
Well done Sue x
09/10/2012 at 21:23

OMG Mow Cop Hill, I've walked up there a few times, its a killer.  We have a local race called Mow Cop Mile every year for charity, but its becoming quite well known as a race with a big challenge.

~~~~calming vibes Spence

Sue well done today, so difficult to stand and speak in those circumstances and I'm sure everyone appreciated it.

Mum moves tomorrow (if the bed stays free) where she starts her rehab.  You couldnt make this up though, Snaunty has been admitted, her stomach is squashed between her splean and rib(I think) so she cant eat, she's not eaten properly for a month.  All come to a head overnight and she's had to go in.  Honesly the hospital is like the Snaily B&B (shes going on the ward that mum is leaving.....prob having her bed!).  My main focus now though is to get mum a home.

09/10/2012 at 21:38

Bit of a mixed day in here. 

YAAAAAYYY FOR SNAILYMUM!!!!! I bet that news has cheered her up no end, and you too of course Snaily. Gosh, wouldn't be wonderful if she could get home in just a couple of weeks? Thanks to your firm action, Snaily, I bet she's already 150% better than she was just ten days ago. That's REALLY good news!

Oh Sue, how very sad, and what a tough assignment for you today. But you know, the fact that you didn't entirely maintain your cool professionalism will probably have helped this lass' family more than anything. Knowing that other people are really sharing your grief is one of the few things that really helps. So good on you for doing it, and good on you for being human with it. 

Gosh, Melds, a vet is an expensive necessity, isn't he?!? Well, Murph is worth it, and maybe a bit of a clear-out will actually be good. 

Spence, great to hear you declaring UDI from the wall!! ) With you in such a militant mood, Mr S better watch out if he knows what's good for him!

Westie, that sudden change in shoe prices does sound highly suspicious. Leaves a nasty taste, that sort of thing, doesn't it? 

Oh Nogs, hope your FIL is stable and comfortalbe for now. HL really doesn't need another major upheaval, does she? 

Sluggie, LOL at the thought of Alfie politely declining the offer to go out into the rain)) Cats are so smart ))

And Daffs, you know how proud we all are of you! But sorry to hear your FIL is still so unwell. Hope things settle and stabilise soon, it's been a tough couple of weeks for you and Mr Daffs. 

((((((((((((((((((Jenni's gums)))))))))))))

Anything your mouth always hurts double, and so much to do at work prolly isn't helping. (

Where's Yummy? Don't think she's been in for a couple of days. 

Rainy here so we dodged to the market quickly between showers and did a lot of admin things. No excuse for being sleepy since I've done nothing all day, but I'm yawning horribly so I'm off to bed. Nighty night all xxx

09/10/2012 at 21:43

Chuggs

09/10/2012 at 22:08

Hiya Mick *waves*

Woohoo for SnailyMum - but poor Snaunty.

(((Sue))) nowt wrong with tears sometimes, it is when you stop caring that you need to worry.

It sounds as if 'everything must go' Meldy, do you have a spare organ or two??

09/10/2012 at 22:13

* waves back *

09/10/2012 at 22:20

Oh Snaily, just saw your recent post. It is almost incredible that Snaunty can be having MORE trouble! How can she possibly be under proper medical supervision and have all this going wrong??? I do hope they can get her back on the right road quickly, but as you said, your priority right now has to be your mum. And your own energy and sanity, too!!!! xxx

((((((((((((((Snaily and family))))))))))))))

09/10/2012 at 22:22

Hey, Mick! Just seen you shooting through. How are you now? Have they got that infection under control? What's the plans????

Sluggie, you managed to say what I wanted to say to Sue, but better. xx

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 22:27

Evening again

That'll be work then 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.