working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,021 to 211,040 of 235,001 messages
10/10/2012 at 14:55

Afternoon

Lovely and sunny here although I've spent most of it being annoyed at a silly little boy who I really want to give a good slapping!!

He decided not to show up to the cats catch up so I sent one of the Y9s to get him and he decided to run off instead and refused to come so I ended up having to have him retrieved by on call which delayed the test for the others who had managed to turn up correctly and then wasted more time as he'd missed the first part of the test and so had to do it once I'd let the others go........... 

However his misfortune was that the grumpiest shoutiest person was on call (not one of the "aw bless let's love him ladies") so he's not only had a lecture this arvo but has to go and see him again tomorrow at 0900 to try to explain his behaviour 

10/10/2012 at 14:59
Tubsterr wrote (see)
Mr Tubs is pretty much retiring Snaily, on a few boards so will have a few meetings to go to now and again but other than that he's home :0) He's 56 and we want to spend time together, 

In Italy you often see the retired gents under the Arengario (market building which is open on the ground floor) or in cafes etc etc whatever the weather.........it's because their wives are fed up with them being under their feet having had decades of sending them off to work

It's not that they don't love their hubbies (or so they say!!) just that when you're used to having your space and then someone's in it all the time they seem to find it  rather trying 

Several of the ladies I used to teach said that that was exactly the case and that once their hubbies retired they couldn't get on with anything as he was "always there"...... 

Hope you get your peepers sorted soon though - I can't imagine how horrible that must be

10/10/2012 at 16:12

oh podds, that explains me and MrS to a T.  Now he's working day shift I'm stuck at night slobbing out in front of the telly.  He's just there all the time and it drives me nuts.  When he was working shifts I could get on with "stuff" around the house and have more free time at the weekend.  Or just sit with the telly off and read.  Feel I've lost my "me" time.

However that may be about to change, he has an interview tonight with Asda, doing home deliveries, which includes evening and weekend work 

Noggs, thanks for the info, I might get onto the council to sort 

10/10/2012 at 17:45

I like Mr P working shifts. He did work Mon-Fri for a couple of years and it drove me mad as he always wanted to do something at the weekend, when sometimes I just wanted to chill out by myself, or get on with the gardening or something. It also means he can get stuff done during the week when I'm a work (shopping and theoretically housework ....) so we don't have to squeeze that into the weekends.

First day back at work ... I'm a lot better though not fully recovered - still a little on the wobbbly side, but I decided to bite the bullet and go in for half the week, rather than wait till Monday and go back to a full week. Everyone, from children to the Head, was delighted to see me. Children 'cos they just always are pleased to have their own teacher back, and the Head as we had ICT stuff for me to help sort out!

It wasn't too bad, just started to realise I'd had enough at about 4:30, so I'm relaxing now with a coffee and a handful of Quality Street that I won in photo club raffle a few weeks ago, and forgot to pick up. Bless them, they've hung on to them for weeks for me! I'd expected them to have been put back in the system by now!

~~~~~Snaily mum and aunty~~~~~~

(if you cut off any branches over your fence, you have to offer them back to the neighbours, I believe)

10/10/2012 at 17:55
Podds'
Fwiw, I think you're spot on regarding 'space/togetherness'. HL and I are better with our own space and deffo have artistic differences if we worked together regularly.

Late finish at work so training delayed until tomorrow.
M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 18:15

Damn just lost a post !!

It has been a gawjuss day here - didnt have a lot of sleep as was up at 1130 as the vet was coming out to relieve me of some more money !!   Made up for it going out for a wander with my boy in the sun 

Blimey Westie that video was well scarey in places!!   I shant be trying that at home thats for sure

The FGO is quite excited at having visitors soon, he took the oportunity for a bit of a wash& brush up and a bit of bucket inspection

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/0_(480x640).jpg?width=350

M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 18:16

He has also totally trashed his autumn rug ... the chances of staying this clean for more than a nanno second are very slim indeed, unlike his goodself !!

10/10/2012 at 18:22

Glad you're feeling a bit better Pippi

M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 18:26

Thats not Pippi, its Murph   

10/10/2012 at 19:44

Bu&&er sorry Pippi didn't have my specs on !

10/10/2012 at 20:15

Neigh!

10/10/2012 at 20:38

silly billies!

ooh Murph does look nice and clean!

M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 20:50

I bet he wont by the morning !!!

M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 21:07

I was going to bed but the lovely Kevin is on the telly so perhaps I wont !!

10/10/2012 at 21:14
looks an interesting one!
M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 21:15

Indeed!!

10/10/2012 at 21:40
Neighbours aren't best pleased!
M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 21:44

No they aren't!!

10/10/2012 at 21:56

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/39814/gallery/end_of_marathon.jpg?width=350

No idea if this'll work, but it should be me with my cycling entourage

10/10/2012 at 22:01
Nice one Daffs
Didn't like the house!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.