working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,041 to 211,060 of 234,450 messages
10/10/2012 at 22:02

ooh, it worked! Just bear with me and I'll see if I can make this work too...

the start...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11354257@N02/8075055018/

18 miles...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11354257@N02/8075053148/

19 miles (bit giddy)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11354257@N02/8075050630/

the end...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11354257@N02/8075053269/

10/10/2012 at 22:03

oops, no idea what I did there, but if I click on the links they take you to pictures!

11/10/2012 at 07:13

Morning

great pics Daffs, although I can't see them here!

11/10/2012 at 07:15

Looking every inch the athlete Daffs.  You were having way too much fun not to do that again eh?

Morning each,

It's going to be wet here all day apparently so I've written it off as far as earnings are concerned.  HL is going to a funeral so I'll either do accounts or go to the big bike shop at MK.  Hmmmmmm

Oh, I've given grandson my mountain bike so I'll need a new one of those too.

Coffee?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
11/10/2012 at 07:19

morning

just back from what was meant to be an easy plod, it felt very hard work and was slower than the slowest , I have Cardiff Half on Sunday, so let's hope this is my 'bad' run done out of the way!

Lovely pics Daffs, you look as if you are having lots of fun, which is what it's all meant to be isn't it????

11/10/2012 at 08:03

Morning all, thanks for the coffee noggy.

a bit on the wet side up here to so will be doing woodwork in the garage again.
Dragon lady I too went out for a little plod yesterday and felt crap after first half K so ended up doing a very slow interval crawl for 5k and packed in.

Waiting to see weather for saturday as still playing about with doing the Edinburgh park run but the way I feel at the moment it may be a none starter.
"he helps himself to more coffee nice "

11/10/2012 at 08:47

Morning All

Grey and dry here but they're promising rain for later  Also for Sunday which is supposed to be our big tri club bike ride and cakes but looking at the forecast I'm not going!!  

And if I stay home I can start making my shopping list for the following weekend as such a gorgeous handsome clean lad clearly needs pressies

11/10/2012 at 09:28

morning

oh you definitely need a new bike Noggs!

Sue - having a bad run is definitely a good sign for a fast race!

didn't run this morning - fell asleep after turning off the alarm - gah!

11/10/2012 at 10:10

grey wet and miserable morning here too.

Looooookin good Daffs 

I've had my weight management meeting today with Docs.  Good news I lost 6lb since I last went (about 4 weeks) but looking at my food diary its full of hidden sugars.  The plainer the food the better I'm told, but I love sauces and really dont have time to make my own.  So I'm a bit stuck.  Need more veg too which I can easily sort out because I love it.  Go back in another 2 weeks so need to research some good food websites.

Right better get cracking

11/10/2012 at 10:41

Right, that's the interval session scheduled for yesterday out of the way and done in  the dry, that was a bonus.

5 x 6 mins effort with 3 mins rest.  A couple of times I was hitting the high end of my target HR whilst turning over 52/11 on the flat.

I've decided to be a grown up and get my accounts sorted instead of going to the bikle shop.  I'm going to get a new carbon fibre framed roadbike over the winter as my current one is 8 years old.  That's the longest I've had a road bike by a big margin.  It will be downgraded to training/wet/turbo duties.

Having given my mountain bike away to grandson - he has to bike share with mum and dad at the moment. - I will  need to look at a new one of those sometime too.  I won't get one yet as i don't do any serious off roading.

Although having seen some of the entry level Cannondale kit I am tempted.

Yet more coffee needed.

11/10/2012 at 10:48

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/147844/gallery/cannondale-trail-sl-1-2012-mountain-bike.jpg?width=350

Hydraulic disc brakes, front suspension lock out on the bars, 20 speed and not sill money.

11/10/2012 at 11:56

Morning,

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, Pippi, take care not to overdo things.

Well done on the weightloss Snaily!! Slow and steady is the way to go. I haven't weighed myself for a couple of years now (always used to weigh at w*rk as we don't have any scales at home) but my clothes are slightly looser than they used to be so I know that the trend is gradually downwards.

What a handsome chap the FGO is and how honoured Podds will be to have visited him.

Great photo's Daffy, it was good to see you looking suitably cheery.

I'm another one who can't stand having MS around too much. He is out 5 days a week and I still value the 2 evenings he is out without me  .

I didn't sleep too well last night so was very happy when Alfie snuggled down with me for a snooze after brekkie. The only problem was that he patted my face every time I stopped stroking him, so I wasn't able to actually sleep . Said little monkey has been out a few times but only for a max of 20 minutes. He brought himself home yesterday when he heard me making a noise like a tin opener.

Thursday man had forgotten about our change of day, so I will see him today after all. From next week onwards I will be doing a sluggie with MS on Thursdays.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

11/10/2012 at 11:59

you were 'making a noise like a tin opener' sluggy?? The mind boggles!

Well done Snaily! What about stuff like passata (seived tomatoes) with a handful of dried mixed herbs in? Doesn't really need 'making' as such and you know exactly what's in it Good luck

Nog, le rouleur wrote (see)

Looking every inch the athlete Daffs.  You were having way too much fun not to do that again eh?

I shall say to you what I've said to everyone else - p*ss off

11/10/2012 at 12:31

LOL Daffs

We have cat food pouches and HC hears them being opened!!!  (as do the neighbours cats!)

Noggs is getting way too excited about bikes

Got a big meeting later that I'm a bit nervous about, done some stats and our recruitment time has reduced by half and I'm very proud of the team, still some major issues but its a start.  But some of the people at the meeting are quite strong direct characters, I can handle them, but I do get nervous before hand! 

11/10/2012 at 12:44

Sorry, I was starting to dribble a bit.  Give them hell Snails.

Daffs, I was being mischievous, but I suspect you saw through that.

The rain has started here now.

I really ought to get on.

11/10/2012 at 12:44

LOL Daffs

Hope it goes ok Snaily! and well done on the weightloss

I am sooooooo hungry today !!

11/10/2012 at 13:40
Hands Nogs a tissue. That is a very nice bike :0)

There's sugar in everything Snaily! Baked beans, soup, and my biggest sin, chocolate - at least it's got milk in it which is good for my bones :0)

Oskar is being renamed Thunderpaws :0) he careers round the house scattering cat toys and Labradors in all directions. He's an absolute joy :0)

As its raining stair rods here I've been sorting paperwork out. It was going well until Oskar took up residence in my in tray :0)

* puts a fresh pot of coffee on*
11/10/2012 at 13:48

I could do with a nap!!

but have to go see a friend and her new knee!

Tubbs that photo of your in-tray is fab!!

11/10/2012 at 14:42

Just whizzing through. 

Nogs, the new bike is definitely a must-have)))

Westie, good for you for going, and also for being sensible. Works better in the long run.

((((((((((Sue)))))))))

Yup, that was the 'bad run' out of the way. Saturday will be no problem now

Sluggie, LOL at you having to attend to Alfie rather than catch up on sleep

Tubs, lurve your in-tray! From a shy little kitten to the mighty Thunderpaws in four short weeks.....oh yes, felines rule the world )

~~~~~~~~~~~~Snaily~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give 'em hell. You have a great report to give, so don't take anything fron anyone!

Great afternoon yesterday yomping through the woods with France (pere du village) and Sigi (lovely Swiss German neighbour), looking for the telltale signs of the 17th century charcoal pits that are scattered through the woods here. Apparently in that time this area produced most of the iron and steel used in the French navy. Also looking for cepes (the big mushrooms that appear overnight after the rain). Francis is a real countryman, knows all the names of the plants and the signs of the animals, and knows these woods like the back of his hand. Today he appeared with a bag full of fabulous mushrooms! We are out tonight, but I've cooked the mushrooms with fresh garlic and a bit of olive oil, so that's tomorrow's dinner sorted. xx

11/10/2012 at 14:50

Hello everyone, newbie here. Just been for a power walk in the rain, very refreshing-great to de-stress after work! A time of 13mins 39s for 1.5k distance, so I am on target to achieve my goal of walking 5k in under an hour in a couple of months. Taking it slowly and pacing myself

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.