for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,061 to 211,080 of 233,830 messages
11/10/2012 at 14:57

well done JayHell thats a great way to make progress

mmmmmmmmMushrooms

ooh Sluggy that cat has certainly settled in nicely

11/10/2012 at 15:11
Hi jay,

That's a good start. Keep us up to date with your progress and feel free to chip in a bit about yourself.

Well, I've done some work on my books. Working from home is usually code for watching mantracker on eurosport and stopping the settee spontaneously levitating
11/10/2012 at 15:55

Well done Jay

A power walker overtook me Sunday    

11/10/2012 at 16:22

Old ladies with tartan shopping trolleys on wheels have been known to pass me going up hills Spence.  

But not if I had one of these.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/147844/gallery/trek-madone-3-5-wsd-2013-350x350.jpg?width=350

11/10/2012 at 16:27

and I lost another 20lbs,

and 35 years.

11/10/2012 at 17:56

Where is everyone?

I'm Noggy NoMates.

Again.

11/10/2012 at 18:02

I'm here

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 18:12

I'm here 

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

Morning All

Grey and dry here but they're promising rain for later  Also for Sunday which is supposed to be our big tri club bike ride and cakes but looking at the forecast I'm not going!!  

And if I stay home I can start making my shopping list for the following weekend as such a gorgeous handsome clean lad clearly needs pressies

He certainly does, he likes carrots and polos and ladies shoes (size 8)

Speedy Snaily wrote (see)

grey wet and miserable morning here too.

Looooookin good Daffs 

I've had my weight management meeting today with Docs.  Good news I lost 6lb since I last went (about 4 weeks) but looking at my food diary its full of hidden sugars.  The plainer the food the better I'm told, but I love sauces and really dont have time to make my own.  So I'm a bit stuck.  Need more veg too which I can easily sort out because I love it.  Go back in another 2 weeks so need to research some good food websites.

Right better get cracking

Snaily, make batches of sauces in advance and freeze them, read labels ... anything processed will have gallons of sugar in and breakfast cereals are reknowned ... eat everything as close to its natural source as possible,  No time?  Make time 

11/10/2012 at 18:12

I'm here too!

Heading off for some tea now though

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 18:14

I have been to see aforementioned FGO and he has had a hair cut and was still as clean as when I left him, that was until I put him out and its raining .. lots

I have been swimming and have done 1.15hr off road in the woods for a muddy run and met a pack of 6 rescue dogs including a yellow lab that reminded me of someone     He goes to his new home tomorrow so you cant have him Podds!

Jacket spud & beans and the GPO has cleaned the plate  !!

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 18:15

Nice bike Noggs  !!!

11/10/2012 at 18:20

Late leaving work but I am feeling  Since being in post I have halved the recruitment times.  Obviously not me personally I have a great team, but with new processes and someone actually making decisions.  Mucho Job Satisfaction

Moving onto another department with similar issues next, starting tomorrow working from home to sort out the process first.

Going to google some saucey webpages tonight

Nog that bike has a seat higher than the handle bars, surely thats not natural!!! 

Right off home before hubby calls a search party

11/10/2012 at 19:07

well done Snaily on the work front 

I was thinking that about the bike too !!

well runned Meldy

Is it bed time yet?

11/10/2012 at 19:15

Snails, it's normal to have a seat that high on a road bike.  Mine are set up more radically than that - I have longish legs, a long body and arms.  The aim is to balance your weight fore and aft and get to an aerodynamic position.

The piccie is the Trek I'll be emptying the Nog bank account and ferreting down the back of the sofa for.  They are so well rated that there are no 2012 models left - there's normally a 'last years' bargain to be had.  I need to get my name down on a 2013 model sharpish.

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 19:24

Happy Christmas Noggs  

M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 20:20

The 'Location Location' couple moving to Surrey are moving out of Wendover, something I said?

11/10/2012 at 20:32
Hi jay,

That's a good start. Keep us up to date with your progress and feel free to chip in a bit about yourself.

Well, I've done some work on my books. Working from home is usually code for watching mantracker on eurosport and stopping the settee spontaneously levitating
11/10/2012 at 21:02
Now, that's spooky.
M...eldy    pirate
11/10/2012 at 21:08

Just repeating yourself ... its your age!

11/10/2012 at 21:25
I'm using.g my phone which is. Tricky at the best of times. (Hence the punctuation)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.