working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,101 to 211,120 of 235,784 messages
12/10/2012 at 16:18

Happy Birthday Mr Far Far! He's one of my most favourite people

Oh poor sis Daffs !!

Beautiful photo Snaily

Oh Chuggs how dreadful for that family, does make you count your blessings.

12/10/2012 at 16:30

Damp proofing man has drilled through gas pipe. I phoned emergency gas who have come and turned us off. Joy to the world. Emergency plumber at 4.30 on a Friday.

Did have to tell damp man to stop with the drill whilst the smell of gas could be detected next door - surprised we didn't get blown to smithereens. Aparently also, they're not liable - deep joy

12/10/2012 at 16:32

Sorry - a tad self indulgent 

12/10/2012 at 17:58

Crikey DL !!

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 18:07

Eevening all

I less than successful day here so I shall implement PlanB  ....when I think of it

I have however made an awesome Carrot and Butterbean soup, I may be living on it for some while 

Errrrr DL .. no nakid flames right!!!    Glad I live a looooong way away

12/10/2012 at 20:06
Cripes DL, that's the stuff of nightmares.

I'm using the phone again as amelia thinks moshy monsters is more important than my mitherings.

I've done a quite intense hilly session, piddington pitches followed by two ascents of brill via the 20% side. Some impressive numbers on the HRMonitor.
12/10/2012 at 20:26

And dont switch the lights on DL, There was a terrible gas scene in Brookside that had a dire ending with a light switch.  Good luck with the emergency man

I've decided working from home is not for me, I didnt actually do any work so have to do it tomorrow.

i have a funny recruitment story, this was MrS 2nd "interview" which asda calls Magic Day  (interview 1 was a mock driving test)

Activity 1 - 20 candidates all for different jobs with ASDA. you have to introduce yourself to the people on your table, then introduce the person next to you to the whole group.

Activity 2 - Then you have to decide "if you were taken out of space what 2 items would you take with you, cant take a phone or camera?"  (MrS came up with a pen and paper which I thought was quite good)

Activity 3 - competition time, in small groups you have to build the tallest tower out of.................Marshmallows and pasta!  Then name it and tell the group what you would do with the tower (bloke in mrS group kept eating the Marshmallows!)

Thats it, have to wait and see if he's made it to Interview 3, which is face to face and a drive of a van

Poor MrS, he just wants a permanent job!

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:32

Nice one Noggs

I'm watching the 1970's on BBC something ... its a bit scary !

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 21:08

and now a docu on Squeeze  !!

Its all rock n roll here on a Friday

12/10/2012 at 21:22
HIGNFY here
With the lovely Clare Balding!
12/10/2012 at 21:31

Squeeze!

I've been turfed out me seat by HC

We have football on, and i've managed to get Sky Sports half price for 3 months, MrS is very happy!

On that note I shall retire with a cuppa and a book, loads of odd jobs need doing this weekend before we start gutting the bedroom.  Such Fun!

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 21:34

I am mountain biking tomorrow so expect to get very muddy ... for once I shall be dirtier than the FGO !!

12/10/2012 at 21:53

Evening, wow, I have managed to fill up my day off, lie in tomorrow! Out running errands this morning, then lovely mum took me out to pick up a sports watch I'd reserved at Argos-hopefully will give me more effective timing than relying on my phone and faffing between the stopwatch on there and my music.

Thanks for the compliment DL a dog walked said I looked "very determined" this afternoon-well I was walking uphill so yes!

GC-thank you for the lovely friendly comments-my views on life are many and varied, my view about the world is one of disdain in general (!!) and-a little bit about myself? Well-I mentioned in another thread I'm starting walking (and eventually running) again after suffering through M.E/C.F.S. Before I fell ill last year I ran-walked the Race For Life in 38 minutes and was very pleased with my time. If I can power walk (wiggle) 5k in under an hour before Xmas I'll be chuffed. I'm tracking my progress on the walkjogrun site at the moment.

I love making art journals, love animals & birds especially, left handed, football fan and have a day job as a sales assistant* (*shelf stacker) but I love it!

I always try to be happy and positive and hope to enjoy the friendly atmosphere in these forums

Goodness me that was a bit formal wasn't it? Sound like I'm applying for a job haha!

Jenni-I'm a mahoosive Jamie Oliver fan-his book is already on my Amazon wishlist for mother to buy for me for Xmas! Talking of that I saw a Christmas tree in the Next window display today-how depressing-not even had Halloween yet!

WOW Snaily love the photo. I would love to live somehwhere where you can run alongside the sea every day. Ah pipe dreams!

I have rambled on far too much now...

Ha! Forgot to mention in all that waffle-25 minute route power walked in 23m 33s today. Whoop!

Edited: 12/10/2012 at 21:55
12/10/2012 at 21:53
DD, the boy and I are going to Parkrun if we get up in time!
12/10/2012 at 22:59

Spence you don't stand a chance just go to bed and look after Mr he's had a bad day

night all

12/10/2012 at 23:51
Good grief DL! Thank goodness you noticed the smell!

Interviews ain't what they used to be Snaily! Marshmallows and pasta?! Was it cooked!?!

Think I might start applying for jobs pdq. Need to get ruddy eyes sorted first though.

((((waisters)))
13/10/2012 at 06:58
Morning all.
Hope your pipes got sorted dl.
My fridge says 10 miles. Well actually it says 11 but we are week behind!
Still it's dry at moment. Not going yet

Need a run though as lots of little stresses going in and feeling fed up. Then feeling guilty as youngest tells me I'm anyways grumpy.

Out for run clubs 30th anniversary tonight, meal, band and guest speaker . Should be fun if I can stay awake!
13/10/2012 at 07:24

Morning each.

JayH, that was quite a full intro.

If someone interviewed me for a job like that I'd have to burst out laughing then walk out.  I couldn't work for anyone who treated staff like that.  It sounds like 8o11ox created by HR people to justify their own jobs.

A day at dance/stage school with GD for me.  It will involve coffee, cakes and chatting with the mums.

A day off the bike today but my last long ride - 4 1/2 hours - tomorrow - it will be the hilly route plus a couple of bonus climbs up to Brill.

13/10/2012 at 07:35

morning all

cripes DL

nice intro Jay! still not sure if you are a boy or a girl though lol

we had a fab night out for Mr FFs birthday - a curry with pals from rugby club - such fun! I gave blood yesterday and didn't sleep well so am tempted to take a day off running - shocker!

13/10/2012 at 07:49

Far Far

(((((Amandax)))))

DD the boy and I are off to Parkrun

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.