14/10/2012 at 10:43

Oh .. is she doing Cadiff Half today?

14/10/2012 at 11:19

pompompoms for the dragon lady!

14/10/2012 at 11:32

oooh is she!!?

GO GO THE DRAGON !!  

beautiful day for it

DD and I have had a lovely hour in the park met two Springer puppies. Lucy 12 weeks Freddie 14 weeks  all soft and yummy

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 11:40

Did you steal one?  

14/10/2012 at 12:04

I was very tempted !

14/10/2012 at 12:26

Morning all. Wetter than a wet thing here!

But Ive 'just met Rosie, an 8 year old poodle x adopted from the animal shelter by my friend Anne. They tried and tried to get the awful smell out of her coat but couldn't so they had it all shorn off and Rosie is so happy to smell and feel clean again. She's very thin, but Anne will fix that! Can't resist sharing happy doggie news )

GO GO GO DRAGON LADY!!!!!! 

Hats off to those cycling and racing today, hope the weather is better where you are. 

14/10/2012 at 12:29

Go Sue!

We've just been down to the prom to see the Mersey Marathon go past - first on the top road 5K marker, then down to the prom for the 10 mile marker by the ferry. Got 2 nephews doing it - one doing his first. Got to the ferry building and my b in law and family walked out - what are the chances?!

The runners were looking rather warm ... it was a bit cold this morning first thing, but beautiful sunny day, and no wind even along the sea front, which is unusual.

I would love to have done it, but I think I've decided that I'm not going to be doing a marathon. There was a 10K added late on and they are hoping to include a half next year, so I might look at that. I do want to keep up some running and make myself fit it in aroudn uni work.

Best laid plans and all that!

Didn't see Hippo, though I know she's doing it.

14/10/2012 at 12:41

And I'm so glad I didn't waste more money by putting a 10k entry in as it was hard work walking the 30 yards up the hill from the prom ...

so looking forward to being well again ...

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 13:00

Blimey Pippi this is dragging on a bit isn't it?

Chuggy if I was a smelly poodle I think I would be a poodle x as well  

14/10/2012 at 13:11

Pippette has now emerged and is cross that we didn't wake her up to come too ... but she's grown up, and surely could have got herself up to come had she wanted to! Do you really think I'm going to go in and wake her up on a Sunday morning???? Really?

14/10/2012 at 13:25

Holy cow, Pipps, I can't imagine ANY of the Chuglets EVER expecting me to wake them up on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't dare! But this lurgy has really knocked the stuffing out of you, hasn't it? I just bet you ARE looking forward to feeling like yourself again, as Meldy says this has been going on for a long time. Sending lots of healthy vibes your direction!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PIPPI~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, I sent Yums an email to see if all was well, and it is. She's fine, just very busy so she's lurking these days but sends her love to all.

Question for doggy types: do dogs shed more at this season? Rossie has always shed somewhat, but I think I could stuff a duvet with the hair I've taken off her the last few days. I bathed her to see if that would lift it all out, but the flow is continuing. She's absolutely fine, healthy and happy, but my lord, there's a log of dog hair about! Anyone know why? 

14/10/2012 at 13:42

goooooooooooooooooo Dragon

afternoon

No idea about shedding chuggs we've always had dogs that dont shed.  I thought they lost more hair in the summer??  Then again I often see people walking their dogs and brushing them outside, no matter what the season

Pippi hope this lurgy shifts soon, see what running with that Spence does to you!!!

I had a weird dream about Spence last night, she was making me do a run, it was so odd, and so "real"  

Had a beuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful run on the beach this morning, loads of dog walkers about, generally people just chilling, it was lovely. 

But I really need to work now so better get cracking (MrS is removing radiators, how long will he last before he shouts me!)

14/10/2012 at 13:50

Yep just been to "help"!

14/10/2012 at 13:51

Westie what a lovely post

GC-My mum has a dog, and it seems she sheds more around the season changes. Don't know whether it's to do with a change in temperature or what, but don't know if it could be that???

Oh Snaily I am very jealous-it's a dream of mine to live somewhere where I can run on the beach

Very cold and sunny today-frost on the playing fields when I got up for work! Going out for a wiggle in a little while, that'll warm me up!

14/10/2012 at 13:57

Afternoon

What a glorious day

No beach run for me today (tide's in first thing anyway currently!) as had decided to go on tri club bike ride and ended up tail end charlie-ing a newbie lady. Options were 60, 80 or 100k and I only ever intended to the 60K (around 38-39 miles) but she was struggling a bit so while the others went on we took a slightly shorter and flatter route back to the village hall where the cakes were waiting for us and still clocked just under 33 fairly gentle miles so I'm happy with that

Oh - and someone makes the scrummiest chocolate cakes

Go Dragon lady - show 'em how it's done

14/10/2012 at 14:00

Podds, you're turning into Daffy!

(thanks for the ((())) ~~~~~etc - I don't feel too bad, just anything physical is a bit too much of an effort! even had to give up on the ironing yesterday)

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 14:04

They will shed at this time of the year Chuggs as they are shedding a sumemr coat in preparation for growing a winter one ...  ask me how I know this?  GGrrrrrr 

14/10/2012 at 14:17

Mine barely shed at all.................

*snigger*

Pippi LS wrote (see)

Podds, you're turning into Daffy!

I would be honoured Pippi

Hope you get your strength back soon  whatever you had clearly knocked you for 6 and a bit more...

Got the email Melds thanks   Might need a cycling fit body on loan for the weekend though!!!

14/10/2012 at 14:21

yay! Nephew no1 is finished in 4:40

No 2 was last seen walking at 14 miles - he's had a poorly knee and not really got the training in, so fingers crossed!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.