working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,161 to 211,180 of 233,028 messages
14/10/2012 at 15:02

I'd wait a few days before you turn into me Podds, I'm feeling rather rotten right now! Atishoooooo!

Aw pippi Hope you feel better soon. Good job we didn't talk you into the chester marathon really wasn't it?! Fingers crossed for nephew no 2...

Nice lazy day here Enjoying not thinking I *should* be out running (even if I probably wouldn't have gone anyway!)

14/10/2012 at 15:26

Nice lazy days are just the best daffs

Jay, I've not lived by the sea long, moved from Stoke to Devon 15 weeks ago, I love it so far

ooooooh I wondered why we were have more cat fur around the place, he needs brushing then, I fear for my fingers!

Guess who's got 5 damp patches on the ceiling and water running down the wall???? 

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:36

Get a nice soft brush Snaily and he will love it .. wait until he is sleepy tho and watch for the tail flicking ...  

14/10/2012 at 16:16

my mother sent a text half an hour ago saying 'this time last week you were nearly at the end!!' Much preferring this week being sat with a cuppa...

14/10/2012 at 16:28

Afternoon,

Couldn't get in yesterday as I was having problems with my broadband connection. I have read back but I'm afraid I can't remember 2 days worth so I will leave ((( ))) and ~~~ for everyone to help themselves.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:44

honeys I'm hoooome

what a fab day for a race. clear skies, cool but not too cold. Well it was to start with, but then we soon warmed up.

Garmin said 13.28 miles in 2:27:42, that'll do - could be a pb even, but I lost results from previous races in a computer move. This was a completely new course anyway and had a few cheeky hills thrown in! 

There were a few of us going up, so we had lunch in Cardiff before coming home. We were all girls (!) so it got a bit giggly.

What's bin happening in here then?

14/10/2012 at 17:00

Well done Sue.

I shocked myself with an early start and  was ready to go before it was light.  I set off at 7.30 with the sun peeping over the horizon and a hard frost on the ground.  It was pretty misty too until I got up to Brill in glorious sunshine.  The low lands all around me were covered in the mist and I felt on top of the world,  the pattern was repeated throughout my ride - mist and cold in the valleys, sunshine and warmer over the climbs.

11 climbs - including 3 up to Brill - in all and 100k in total all before midday.  A hot bath then a Red Lion lunch followed by a snoozle.  Days seldom come better.

14/10/2012 at 17:00

woo hoooooooooooooooo well done that Dragon  

ahh Pippi, you have been knocked about, only 2 weeks till half term!!

Speedy Snaily wrote (see)

I had a weird dream about Spence last night, she was making me do a run, it was so odd, and so "real"  

Have you finished that blinkin book yet!!??  

You know when you have kids and they are both out on a Sunday afternoon and you get doing something quite interesting and then one of them returns......!?
Well that !

14/10/2012 at 17:06

Missed you there Nogs, well done

XB
14/10/2012 at 17:57

Snigger

Well done, Sue. That's a brilliant run.

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 18:36

they dont call it 'doing a Spence' for nothing eh

Well done that Dragon Lady !!  

14/10/2012 at 19:12

LOL Meldy

books are not unpacked yet! 

Well done Sue

and Well done noggs

some perfect sundays going on........apart from Spence's!!!  lol

We have a dead pigeon, me and MrS flipped a coin on who was going to move it.  I lost

catching up with Strictly tonight, up early for another run tomorrow, its getting to be a habit this running lark

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 19:27

I have telly on in the background and it is probably SCD !!

Its flippin chilly here already, need to get on and book this chimbley sweep or i'll be using the GPO for a task he never thought possible  

XB
14/10/2012 at 19:29

I've been watching Felix Bum Gardener take a trip back home. Wow. Wow. Wow.

2.5 hours up and 10 minutes back home. And he landed on his feet.

14/10/2012 at 20:18

Mr Daffs has just been raving about that

14/10/2012 at 20:55

I'd be more impressed if he'd done it in beach shorts and jandals.

Sorry, that wasn't worthy.  I take it he made it through the sound barrier?

Jnr in NZ has had to scratch from the Taupo Challenge next month as he's not been able to train.  He's been working away from home for many months - since the Christchurch quakes in fact.

It seems that the honour of The Regiment has to be upheld by me doing The Beast.

No pressure then?

Sunday telly is dreadful so I'm in the kitchen finishing the crossword.

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:08

SCD and the Antiques Roadshow ..... Noggs, whats not to love!!!

Tubs .. we have just had one of those 'thunderings' ... up and down the stairs several times and then it appears over the back of the settee in close proximity to my left ear (very scary I can tell you)  Now he is killing something that he has retrieved from a box, I think it is dead.  Very dead.

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:09

Now its killed my coat

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:19

something else has come out of the box to be killed .....  its got that look in its eye

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:20

If you dont hear from me by tea time tomorrow .... I think I'm next on his list

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.