working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,261 to 211,280 of 229,949 messages
17/10/2012 at 09:49

Morning

Welcome Jack - Jenni speaks sense. Sounds like you're already doing well.

A bike with over a thousand pounds knocked off it Noggy - blimey - how do I get into garden maintenance??????

((((((Westie)))))))

Daffy - how very intelectrical - thank you - that's the closest I'll ever come to a PhD

Loved The Great British Bake Off - don't know what to do with my Tuesday evenings now - could consider baking, but would much rather watch someone else do it. Podds?

Supposed to be w*rking from home - have just spent the last hour talking to nice men in IT trying to sort my e-mail out. In need of a cup of tea now. 

Happy Wednesday

M...eldy    pirate
17/10/2012 at 10:35

Bleugh

Nearly overslept this morning so I was up and out in 15 mins and at work within the hour (considering I have a 30 mile drive!!)

Podds, quickest reply is that I am on nights on Friday so any visiting hours would be best scheduled for mid to late afternoon  
I shall inform himself

I am off for more coffee

17/10/2012 at 11:04
Double bleugh :0( Tempted to remove eyes with a spoon :0(

(((( waisters ))))
17/10/2012 at 11:12

morning Yuk weather here...........((((((((((((((((((((((((((tubs eyes ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Looks like a day at the Iron front then may be some cooking don't know yet but the PS3 may get powered up
Anyway can't run but would not go out in this wet/windy stuff today.

17/10/2012 at 11:23

((((((((((((((((((((Tubs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Sounds awful!! When can you get someone to look at your eyes? 

Awwww, Daffy, that's a beautiful dedication!! And a most impressive thesis I'm trying to read it, since from what I can gather (with my totally inadequate background) it's really interesting stuff. Thank dog for wikipedia, so I can at least look at the stuff I can't even guess at!))

Nogs, that is one WHACKER of a discount! Wouldn't take me long to make my mind up on that one!!)

((((((((((((((Melds)))))))))))))

Hope your day slows down and gets better. Here, have another cup of coffee. 

Oh DL, you've won the lottery yet again. Working at home AND a non-functional IT system. Even for you, that's got to be just more fun than a day at the fair...I don't think! :-/

Podds, we watched enough of the Bake Off for me to be curious who won. I thought the older chap prolly would, but I hope you notice it was THE LAWYER who came through in the end !!))

Welcome, Jack, good to see you and well done. You're going well already. Listen to Jenni, she knows ))

Awww, Westie, what carp luck to get an injury now. Tho as you said, at least the big race is behind you for now and the weather isn't making you desperate to get out there. Hopefully a bit of RICE will see you right if you don't rush it. 

Sun is trying to come out but there's a chilly wind. Nice weather for a brisk hilly 5 mile walk with a few bits of running (on the flat bits))

17/10/2012 at 11:51

Thanks for the advice all. I shall have to look up a longer route!

Dr Daffs - I'm a student at the University! (small world)

17/10/2012 at 11:56

Morning

Daffs - I've flicked and may well read the whole thing too

((((((((Tubbs))))))))

DL wrote (see)

Loved The Great British Bake Off - don't know what to do with my Tuesday evenings now - could consider baking, but would much rather watch someone else do it. Podds?

Watching me might be fun (bit like watching me down at the golf range where pals take me when they want a good laugh ) but I really wouldn't recommend trying anything I produced!

When I did cooking at school and brought it home sometimes even the dog turned his nose up and he was a labbie

M...eldy wrote (see)

Podds, quickest reply is that I am on nights on Friday so any visiting hours would be best scheduled for mid to late afternoon  
I shall inform himself

Perfect - we are aiming to leave late morning as have to deposit the d-o-g-s at the k-e-n-n-e-l-s before packing the car etc and it'll be a good couple of hours drive I would have thought

I'll email tonight or Thurs

M...eldy    pirate
17/10/2012 at 11:57

I loved the GBBO .. something quintessentailly British about it all .. that and lots of cake 

Jack, welcome to the world .... does your uni have a pool??  

17/10/2012 at 12:01

JACK! BE CAREFUL!!!!  Meldy is circling for the kill already, and the only safe answer to her question is: 'No, and I don't know how to ride a bike either'. 

You have been warned!)) 

What are you studying? My daughter did her degree in Sheffield too. 

17/10/2012 at 12:35

I believe the Uni does have a pool Meldy, although I think it's rather costly. Is a pool good training also then? I was a rather good swimmer a few years ago.

I study Economics GC. Sheff is a great city, in all but for running/cycling. The 1/2 marathon is fairly flat, so I hear, however it's damn hard to have a flat training run! What did your daughter do?

17/10/2012 at 12:58

Afternoon,

jack richardson 3 wrote (see)

I believe the Uni does have a pool Meldy, although I think it's rather costly. Is a pool good training also then? I was a rather good swimmer a few years ago.

*shakes head sadly*

(((Tubbs))), poor you

(((Westie)))

I shall also miss GBBO. I used to do a lot of baking years ago, but not these days.

Alfie has been and had his 2nd vaccs, I am keeping an eye on him and hope he doesn't have much of a reaction this time. The vet has said that we will give it as 2 seperate lots next year if need be.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xx

17/10/2012 at 12:59

picture in your mind the outline of an abattoir with a small lamb frollicking unknowingly toward it

Jack, Jack, Jack *sighs* how quickly you fell

(((((((Tubs)))))))

lunch o'clock here

17/10/2012 at 13:01

Sorry x post there Slugmeister. Blur of a kitten is due her booster - keep forgetting

17/10/2012 at 13:53

(((((((Tubbs)))))

Oh Jack, oh Jack, if we were kind we'd rush to save you but tbh it's much more fun watching Meldy reel you in !!

Daffs, you is such a clever bint

I've run 4 miles two of which were under 10mm.....ooooh get me!! 

17/10/2012 at 13:54

Hello everyone, and welcome Jack, I'm fairly new to this forum myself-looks like you have been given some great advice. It's all very hilly where I live aswell!

Back from work, went to pick up a parcel from the PO-Christmas shopping 50% done!

Have decided I'm going to bake some cakes/muffins this avo-but healthy ones with grated apple & blueberries!

Glad it's a rest day today-lots of lifting and shifting at work this morning-catch up TV is in order, Hairy Bikers here I come!

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 13:55
17/10/2012 at 13:59

ahh Daffs, the acknowledgements made me a little  too!

*holds out plate for cake/muffin*

17/10/2012 at 14:03
M...eldy wrote (see)

Jack, welcome to the world .... does your uni have a pool??  

I happen to know that the uni also has an active triathlon club...

17/10/2012 at 14:18

picture in your mind the outline of an abattoir with a small lamb frollicking unknowingly toward it and Daffy with her shepherds crook.....

Nog
17/10/2012 at 14:33

It takes all the fun out of it for her.

I've been out cycling, dog walking and Tescoing.  Now to dribble over that bike and make a decision.  I have an imaginary friend called Timothy Tightwad, he sits on my shoulder and asks dumb questions like 'Do you really need it?' and 'Who are you kidding'

17/10/2012 at 14:43
Tell Timothy to sling his hook. Never look back and think " I wish ...." Go for it Nogs :0)

Is that a Sheffield Triathlete I see on the horizon? Run!!!

Rain, rain and more rain. Combined with a high tide the harbour very nearly flooded. we drove past and the boats were higher than the parked cars.

Horses fed and tucked up in shelter munching hay. Back again in a bit to serve them dinner. Evolution theory of disproved, I'm the one who's wet, muddy and hungry!

It's handy having mr tubs at home, he's driving as my eyes are still playing up :0)

(((( waisters ))))
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.