working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,321 to 211,340 of 234,140 messages
18/10/2012 at 07:12

Morning each,

Kids indeed Tubs.

We're having a new lodger next week.  A westie this time.

Very wet here - again.

Ah well, coffee time.

18/10/2012 at 07:15

Tubsterr wrote (see)
Spence aka Waisterbabe, I was about 9 months old when I was fostered, 12 months when adopted, 16 when rescued by Mr Tubs :0)

ahh Tubbs, how lovely that you & Mr Tubbs have been together and happy for such a long time

Oh er...that sounds like I think you're really old!!!! but you know what I mean!!

18/10/2012 at 07:16

ooh sorry Morning

18/10/2012 at 08:09

morning

I want to know what Podds is smiling so much about...

18/10/2012 at 08:40

Morning all

Nice bike Noggy - when does it arrive?

awwwww to Juan and his cohort of fleas

((((((Pippette)))))) Hope she's over the shock.

Just before I went out last night we had the plumber round to cut back the dodgy  gas pipe that was drilled through on Friday. Whilst there I asked him to look at a dripping radiator (just started dripping that morning) He went to tighten the valve and hey presto water spurting everywhere. I had to stem the flow (finger in the dyke type thing - fnarfnar) whilst he drained the system. All sorted now. I wonder what will be next.

Mary Chapin Carpenter very mellow. Could have done with some of her older stuff, but I guess people need to promote their new stuff.

Happy Thursday everyone

18/10/2012 at 08:52

Morning all,
Sad to report it is not  me  visiting Noggy next week
See we now have someone called  "Spence the Babe " in the lounge these days

Eldest son is flying back from Italy this friday for a couple of days so it will be good to see him but we are a bit worried about his health. He is coming home for a few tests as he has lost a lot of weight in the last 6 months so trying to find out if there is any under laying problems for him.
Question how long do I R I C E  for and when is the ice part no longer effective ? calf feels tight still but can walk about the house ok don't fancy a longer walk yet .

Coffee

18/10/2012 at 11:10
That's a bit of a of a worry Westie, hope you get if bottomed out.

Flippin wet here so may have to cancel the lawn work.
18/10/2012 at 13:36

Afternoon,

((Pippette)), glad that she wasn't hurt.

How exciting about the noo bike, Noggy! I am glad that you paid no attnetion to Timothy Tightwad.

Good luck to you, Tubs, I don't think I would want to live with hedgehog fleas all winter. It sounds as if Oskar has an insatiable appetite, as does Alfie.

Crikey DL, you really don't have much luck with workmen, do you?!

The weather here stayed really nice until yesterday lunchtime but was pretty nasty for the rest of the da. Today is grey and damp, I'm glad that I don't have to be out until Eaters' Club this evening.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx 

18/10/2012 at 15:41

Afternoon-been for my walk, thought it would relieve my stress but I'm still feeling a bit down in the dumps.

Think I need to chill out this weekend (well it's my weekend as I have Fri & Sat's off) and just take it easy. I forget sometimes that I had ME/CFS and then the exhaustion kicks in again-must remember to heed the warning signs!

Anyway rant over, don't mean to darken the mood, just needed to vent to strangers haha!

18/10/2012 at 16:24

~~~~~~~((((Elder boy of Westie)))))~~~~~~~~~

Take care jay!

I've lunched with an old colleague and now I'm well stuffed!

18/10/2012 at 17:51

Oh heck, I've just checked my Wiggle account and my order hasn't yet been processed.

Have they run out of bikes I wonder?

Chef has dinner ready, so I'm off.

18/10/2012 at 18:19

Westie I don't know if this answers your question but leave the ice on for 20 minutes or so. If you mean how long do you keep doing it, you need to wait for someone else!

Charging and packing. Off for a photo weekend - or geriatric sleepover as someone said last time!

M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 18:28

Ice wont do any harm Westie ... there will come a point tho when some lght stretching and gentle exercise will help more .

I have had a do nothing day really, didnt sleep too well ... popped up to make sure the FGO was still in pristine condition for his visitors this weekend .. poor boy has some nasty chaffing this time round so have smothered him in sudacrem

Me and the GPO had a lazy afternoon and I am looking forwards to a night at work ...

Noggs, sorry didnt mean to nag 

M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 20:08

Weather is not looking to be that good on Sunday Podds .. waterproofs needed at th very least by 1300, I would think we would be more or less done by then hopefully
If it is very vile then I shall bring TriXie instead as I dont really want my posh bike to be subjected to such horrors !!!

XB
18/10/2012 at 20:49

I've just been out in the back garden watching the space station zipping out of the west. Fascinating.

18/10/2012 at 21:10

How does one spot this space station XB?? Keep hearing you mention it!

XB
18/10/2012 at 21:30

I follow someone (@fredtalbotitv) on Twatter who tells me but you could look here

XB
18/10/2012 at 21:34

This site is pretty cool too.

If you're uncool like me

18/10/2012 at 21:56

Ta XB In true researcher fashion, I asked the question, then went and figured it out myself before you got back Found the nasa site, will set a timer for tomorrow!

18/10/2012 at 22:20
Anyone watching Channel 4 !?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.