working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,321 to 211,340 of 238,383 messages
M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:50

Mad dog .... cant think why 

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:50

I had to wear gloves to run earlier ... flipppin chilly out there I tell you!

26/10/2012 at 19:22
I'm not sure what you are implying Meldy!!?
M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 19:23

Its amazing anyone/thing remains sane in your house 

26/10/2012 at 21:32
M...eldy wrote (see)

I am going to be quite restricted sadly Noggs as I dont think I have many hours leave left, the plan is to hopefully cycle over on ferry to the Northern sections but I have yet to study the routes

Our tri club will deffo do that as they already go over a couple of times a year for various things - either one day races in Belgium / Holland or to compete in various duathlons / triathlons in northern France

We are on first name terms with most of the ferry workers and many of our club members are immigration / customs / border polissss etc which generally speeds things up

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 21:48

Liking your connexions there Podds  

Nearly bedtime in this neck of the woods I think

I cooked some turkey steaks earlier and then I forgot to investigate the 'thump' in the kitchen whilst I was eatin
something large and ginger has been asleep on my lap since about 5 minutes after !!!

26/10/2012 at 22:11
Gordon Bennett. I have inflamed eyelids, chronic apparently. No wonder I couldn't tolerate contact lenses :0(. Have to bathe eyes twice daily in very warm water and massage 30 mins or so. Had the Registrar bothered to tell me this a couple of years ago when he prescribed cream I wouldn't be like this now. I thought it was a one off then and had no idea it would recur. I thought it was my eyes that were the priblem and didnt think about eyelids. Vision has plummeted too. " See how you get on and we'll see you in 6 months". A bit of irony being that when I went to local optician a few weeks back when eyes kicked off he actually inverted my eyelids to check them and said they were ok.

Jnr had been here to dog and kitten sit most of the day. We got in 4 hours lafter he left to get mini tubs to find that Blue had got hold of the kitten pouches resulting in April having several explosions in the bottom department. Blue also went AWOL when Jnr took him for a walk. Vet quote for plum removal is ??180. He is very hard work at the moment :0(

((((Waisters))))
26/10/2012 at 22:28
Oh Tubbs

Meldy I know not what you mean
27/10/2012 at 07:59

Morning

((((((Tubbs)))))) I've been thinking about you all night, has your eye sight got worse because of the eye lid problem? Or am I being a bit thick?

Parkrun for me, the boy and Dotty Dog  although I'm  and could have quite happily stayed in bed! DD is waiting by the front door!!  3/4 trousers for the first time!    DD said she was fine as she is !! 

27/10/2012 at 08:03

((((((((((((((((((((Tubbs)))))))))))))))

How awful-----painful, infuriating, limiting. Especially if it's been a problem for years and nobody told you .... How long will it take before they start to feel better with the new regime? 

Podds, you are a MARVEL! Those are the kind of people we all want to know. And talk about shoehorning a lot into a weekend....! 

Meldy, did you let the GPO eat your turkey steak and STILL flake out on your lap? He really has got you where he wants you! ))))

Westie, Daffs, and anyone else up there in the northeast, are you OK? The weather forecasts sounded grim. Even NL had its first snow and the gritters are out. But last Monday was the warmest 22 October on record, 22 C---last night it got to -5. Go figure!

Back to NL on Monday, so lots of washing, sorting, and packing. Hate to leave here but it will be nice to see everyone in NL. About to go off  to the twice-annual booksale for the animal charity down here. I made a giant chocolate cake last night to take (along with a bag of books)--every little bit helps. Happy days, all! xxx

27/10/2012 at 08:07

Morning, Spence, didn't see you there! Hope the parkrun goes well---Spenceboy sounds like he's likely to leave you and DD eating his dust )))

27/10/2012 at 08:47

Morning

((((((((Tubs)))))))) are the eyelids sortable with persistence?

(((((Podds' scabby bottom)))))) 

((((WIN))))

Hope the parkrun is fun Spence - if you find your mojo can you see if mine is lurking around in the same place please

No turkey for blur of a kitten - got home yesterday to find a little headless mouse and next to it a pile of cat puke which contained a head. It turned out that the mouse was still alive at 2 am. OH had chased blur out of the bedroom, the spare room, round the house then realised she wouldn't know what to do if she actually caught the thing as she is petrified of meeces. Nice to know I have my uses.

I have mopped the floor - rock and roll

27/10/2012 at 09:26

Morning All

((((Tubs)))) - poor April - we have the same here when Sharkey steals food they all eat it and he is unaffected and the other two aren't......  We now lock anything and everything edible away and the kitchen door is always closed!

And ((((tubs))) for the eyes - no wonder you feel down

Good going DL - you do seem to be a terribly useful person to have around

My scabby ass is really annoying me now as it just won't scab over

And today is wild and windy - couldn't even keep my feet all the time when out with the pooches this morning - kept staggering as gusts of wind caught us and the dogs were all over the place - needless to say we stay away from the cliff edge on mornings like this

Right - off on a morning of being useful and then I'm on sort of child / dog duty over the weekend as pal has gone away for the weekend leaving her son at home (aged 14!) with 3 houndies with his absent father supposedly supervising so I've promised to pop in this afternoon and evening before and after swimming to check up on them all and told A I'll go over again on Sunday to walk the dogs with him as although physically he can cope with all 3 he doesn't have the awareness of environment to take all 3 out and mingle with other dogs!!

27/10/2012 at 09:39

View from my bedroom window this morning.........

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8127066575_3ab02b7649_m.jpg

27/10/2012 at 09:43

Morning all. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Tubbs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
we have been lucky and missed the snow in our little bit of the east coast but it has been (and still is) very cold.need a hot water bottle or a hot woman.

Hope XB has his woolly thermals on in Edinburgh and yup forget park runs today . I will not be out trying to jog in this yet I don't want to risk the leg with cold muscles and can't see warm up helping in this cold wind. May just stick to a good brisk walk again .
Hope Noggy has a better weather window than the east coast don't fancy been on a bike in this .

So it's loads of coffee now play nice

27/10/2012 at 10:01
Will a woman with a hot flush do Westie? :0)

What a lovely view Podds :0)

We forgot to move the kitten food off the back of the work top before we left :0( April is as right as nine pence this morning :0)

The eyelids felt soothed after I bathed them yesterday, about to do them again. It's something I need to be vigilant about. Keratoconus makes your eyes sore and itchy and you tend to rub them a lot. Hard. That doesn't do the eyelids any good and sets off the cycle as you want to rub even more. I really try not to as its not good for transplants either but when they start it drives me nuts. Batheing them with cold water helps but when you're in the middle of the field with the horses it's not easy! I avoid shavings as they really irritate my eyes, strong perfume, hay etc. I'm feeling a lot more positive, at least I know why I couldn't tolerate contact lenses so can try again soon with hopefully good results and happy eyelids!

We have mini tubs this afternoon. Jnr has 2 more night shifts to do then they're off to Florida for a couple of weeks :0)

((( waisters)))
Edited: 27/10/2012 at 10:02
27/10/2012 at 10:23

We get to watch passers by too

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8473/8127127417_12eef34fb0_m.jpg

27/10/2012 at 10:27

Tubbs had to laugh but it's not realy funny about your eyes.
I read it that you avoid shaving and Tubbs with a beard tickled my fancy.

27/10/2012 at 10:31

Is there room for me Tubbs!?

the boy & I have Parkrunned and it was half cold! The boy ended up not stripping off but running in joggers, sweatshirt, gloves & JW beanie and was still complaining of the cold . I had one pair of gloves and my hands were aching with cold so borrowed another pair from lost property  have no idea how we did as I had a watch malfunction at the start   the cold affected the boy as he stayed with me till the last 400m or so when I told him to sod off !!

I'm going to be keeping a very low profile at home, Mr Spence is trying to put another steel in and it's causing problems

27/10/2012 at 10:46

morning

(((tubbs))) your eyes really seem to be one worry after another -  for  heavens sake don't rub them whilst clearing up April's bottom explosion  How lovely Tubbs jnr is off to sunny Florida

Darn. no WAISter outing to Chateau Chuggs for the TdF   It might be worth it though if there is choklit cake

(((noggs GD and Noggs &HL)))  because whilst it might make your lives easier, I know you care.

DD has prolly seen Spence barking at the moon

tiger Balm from the 99p shop, Westie - soom warm your cold bits

Cushtie, me and the boys have all experienced Podds wind and pretty bad it was too! A 14 year old, 3 dogs and an absent mother ? Sounds like an episode of Jeremy Kyle - well, it is Planit Fannit T'is true teenages know everything but haven't got much awareness

Windy and chilly here too. Have decided to let myself off cycling to Buddha club. A 6 mile strong,cold headwind holds no attraction. Soup done, leg of cow in the slow cooker (couldn't get the rest in) and cake shop here I come. The two run club founders are at Snowdon marafuning today... Isn't that the one you did, Meldykins ?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.