working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,341 to 211,360 of 236,741 messages
M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 12:00
Morning all, me and the fat one had fun in the woods kicking up leaves
I have had a bucket of porridge to fuel me on the bike for a couple of hours, may need to drag the longs out !!
27/10/2012 at 12:08

Back from shops at last .
weather very nice at the moment wind has dropped a bit and bright and sunny so feels a bit warmer.

Any news from Noggy yet or is it Sunday have got a bit mixed up

27/10/2012 at 12:29

Afternoon,

I have had internet problems so haven't been able to get in. Have skimmed over the past few pages but have clearly missed a lot as I have no idea what any of you were talking about (no change there then!).

(((Tubs))) it sounds as if you have 'blepharitis' which does tend to be an ongoing problem . Blue sounds a real handful, having him neutered should help calm him down  - and if he does get out, at least you will know that he will not be fathering litters of unwanted puppies.

(((Noggy, HL and Amelia))) vibe machine is on turbo charge for tomorrow.

Westie, it is bad enough down here, heaven knows what your weather is like.

We let Alfie out around 8.30 this morning and he has just deigned to saunter in. I think he is grounded until after our trips away! Decorator Dave is here sorting out the spare bedroom, it will be nice to get that sorted and have the room useable again.

It is very blowy here, bright and dry but temps around 5 C. MS seems to think this is an ideal time to give the bikes a go for the first time this year...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

27/10/2012 at 13:06

Slugs, keep the bikes locked away and turn the heating up is my advice.

I'd prefer to be riding today though.  Minehead is forecasting very wet and windy tomorrow.

I've just got to pack my bag now - I'll leave at 4 or 5 pm and take a steady drive down.

27/10/2012 at 14:00

GOGOGO Noggs - good luck!!!

((((Tubbs)))) but you do sound much more positive now

bliddy freezing here this morning - lovely plodding weather though - 12 miles done

27/10/2012 at 15:38
Yums wrote (see)

Cushtie, me and the boys have all experienced Podds wind and pretty bad it was too!

Windy and chilly here too.. The two run club founders are at Snowdon marafuning today... Isn't that the one you did, Meldykins ?

Wouldn't dare get on the bike here today sluggie - keeping my feet was bad enough first thing, I'd never have managed to stay upright on 2 wheels!!

Does seem to be dying down slightly now and the sea is looking a little less wild....

Aaa Snowdonia mara - Mr P has done that one once before and then the 2nd time it was cancelled at the last minute as the emergency medivac copter couldn't fly due to wind conditions so they couldn't go ahead on safety grounds........it was a bally long journey for an enforced DNS!!

Good luck tomorrow Noggy as I'll probably miss you later - have a good one and remember to enjoy it whatever the outcome

Off swimbling now via "the teen" to see if he's burnt the house down yet  although I'm sure his mum's already checked in with him by phone mind you!

Laters All

27/10/2012 at 15:41

GO GO GO NOGS!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

And hats off to you, if it's colder than today AND wet, you're going to well deserve a reward at the end of the day)

Sluggie, glad you decided to follow His Noggyship's advice and give the bike a rest today. I've cycled often in cold, gusty wind, and it really isn't any fun at all. 

Melds, sounds like you and Murph had a perfect autumn morning in the woods )))) Which is doubly good as I guess it means he's feeling a lot better again. 

Nobly chugged, You FarFarness! Glad you got out there, you've been strapped to your desk so much lately. 

Westie, I'm glad to see you. The weather reports did sound pretty yucky up your way but you seem to be surviving with your usual panache  )))

Awwww, Yums, you have everything organised already. Fab!!! And yeah, the cycle to Buddha club can be kept for another day, at least unless you want to do a Mary Poppins and sail off with a gust!

Very windy here, too, and a really icy north wind too. Just did 3 miles with Rossie and it was lovely when moving but I'm not sorry to be in now that the sun is low in the sky. We even did some chugging )) Now for an evening of eating up leftovers and doing nothing much. Perfick!

27/10/2012 at 16:20

oooh have I missed Noggin

Go Go Nogs !!  

Proud mommy alert!

Daught got distinction in her 1st shield  Modern Jazz dance exam

No PBs for me or the boy but was proud he finished, at one point he looked like he was going to give up as he was so cold, just over 30 minutes for both of us!

27/10/2012 at 17:39

*waves Noggs off and  provides a light show worthy of a hero with her new lights and reflective spokeys*

Hope the wind and rain are kind to you, sir

Sounds as though we have similar weather, Chuggy and yes, once the sun ahs gone down it's double brrrrr!

Oh Podds, fancy travelling all that way and th race is cancelled. IS that why he hasn't done it since and which is worse, Beachy or Snowdon and guessing Snowdon but Beachy is a tad cheeky.

*stuffs M...eldy's longs up her jumper to warm them*

Don't say I never do anything for you

Fab park run, Spence, shame you had to tie the boys laces together to keep up with him

farfar, glad you were able to get out and enjoy a plod. How are the olds ?

Sluggy, glad that Alfie did eventually come home. He'd be completely daft not to but he is a cat and they are a law unto themselves. So where are you going when Mr S is away ????

Quiet day here. Was able to lose myself  at meditation - usually it's tricky. I guess that's cos I ride there and am in doing mode rather than chilled out mode. Have even tidied cupboard in anticipation of my dishwasher and oven arriving later this week. Plodding in the woods with plod club tomorrow at 9am! In the arvo, cush is meeting my friends cheeky but sweet Podengo  - a Spanish hound type dog although he is more whippet size. Cush will try to eat him so I'm going armed with cheese and a muzzle. If they can be friends, I could see more of my friend and dog sit for her

Yesterday I saw a Kestrel near my house. I know t'was Kestrel cos auntie sluggie told me t'is only bird that hovers

27/10/2012 at 17:41

oops, nearly forgot, woop, woop Spence daught - although what modern jazz dance is remains a mystery - I doubt Cleo Laine sang- t'would be undanceable

27/10/2012 at 17:58

It's expensive that's what it is Yums!!

'My Mate J' seems to have got it into her head she wants to keep training through the winter and the only way this can be achieved is to enter Ashby   roles seems to have been reversed

I've had to open a second can of Speckled hen to get used to the idea!!

27/10/2012 at 18:13

LOL Spence.  I assume daught got a real gold medal then ??? And as for Ashby, I thought it was essential plodding if you're from oop norf, especially if you like train travel... DL, it's perfect for you

(you can pay me later, Soence )

M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 18:18

Well done young Spence!!

2.5hrs biking for me ... its flippin coldout there!!!  Squash & pepper risotto being devoured as we speak 

M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 18:59

You might have to get a shift on tomorrow Noggs to keep warm ....Have a fab time, I shall do a few hours for you as well

27/10/2012 at 19:29

DL, J has told me to inform you that your presence is required at Ashby!

M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 19:34

3 line whip already ?  

27/10/2012 at 19:59

Waaaayhaaay, the Spence brigade is deffo on form today! Big congrats to Miss Spence, and a doffing of caps to your lad for keeping going in the cold. Proud mummy indeed ))

Yums, glad you got into 'the zone' for meditation. Must be hard to really stop when you've been rushing like mad to arrive. Hope you continue to feel tranquil for a nice long time ) And hopefully some of your live-and-let-live attitude will rub off on Cush and she'll play nicely with her Podenco pal. 

Now. I was always carp at geography, can never remember all the little bits in the Balkans and that. But I just looked at a big weather site (to see if it was going to be snowing on our trip home: it's not!) and searched for the weather in Lille. It came back with the weather for 'Lille, Belgium'. Hooray---there's someone out there who knows less geography than me!!! 

(Lille is in France, y'see....)

M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 20:04

Perhaps the wind has blown it across the boarder Chuggs ? !!

27/10/2012 at 21:04

Bleedin' Nora

The wind may have died down but instead it left this

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8328/8128631856_bb57c8cb1b_m.jpg

And to think that just two days ago the temps were around 16 - 17 C which is not bad for late October..... the white stuff is actually hail which is lying

Aaaannddd.........don't get me started on teenagers

I am off to eat chocolate - I may resurface tomorrow or I may not

PS didn't Daffs say she was going to Belgium? Hope it wasn't by ferry.....dover was gridlocked this arvo with lorries due to wind induced ferry delays and cancellations

M...eldy    pirate
27/10/2012 at 21:37

Anyone get the impression Podds has a new camera??

I think we have similar weather, I got caught in some freezing rain on the way home, I hope to goodness its not like it tomorrow or Holly & I will be cycling to the pub at the top of the road !!

I heard that a lot of cross channel activities were cancelled today

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.