working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,341 to 211,360 of 232,978 messages
18/10/2012 at 22:25

Nope, should I be??

18/10/2012 at 22:32
It's about people having tattoos...
The man having loads of Miley Cryus tatts has mental health issues IMO !!!!
M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2012 at 00:27

Looks like I missed some good telly again then !

Any mad ones with an 'M dot' ??  

19/10/2012 at 07:14

Morning

No Meldy these were proper mad people!! 

19/10/2012 at 07:22

Morning each.

I didn't see the tatts programme and I don't know who or what Miley Cryus is. Tatts have been an issue this week as it seems that The Met have banned visible tatts on it's officers.  Just the shaven heads and the attitudes to deal with then.

I'll try to get some mowing done today.  I had a full body workout on thew chainsaw yesterday (all limbs accounted for BTW)

Coffee needed

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/10/2012 at 07:50

morning

Didn't see much telly last night either.

What I did see this morning on my run was a hedgehog in my street. I passed him/her thinking I can't take him home the muppets would make a meal of him.

5 minutes later I saw a fox, he stood an watched me for a while, then shot off into the hedge toward the direction of the hedgehog. I worried a bit, then thought that the fox would not go crossing a busy dual carriageway just for a bite of hedgehog. I realised of course that Dan could have had the hedgehog for the winter. When I got home though, there was no sign of him. I'm sure the fox didn't have him, I mean why go for unprocessed hedgehog when there's a McDonalds just around the corner?

19/10/2012 at 08:52

morning chums

Sue, the hedgy would prolly roll into a prickly ball and wouldn't be too keen on eating him - ask Cush!

Spence, I saw the trailer to the Tatt prog. The Miley Cyrus man isn't right - bless him.

tubbs, if you cant deflea mr prickles, does that mean Oskar will get hedgy fleas or are they different ? Bless Oskar keeping hedgy company - I'm sure the food has nothing to do with it;-)

(((FGO)))) aww, thankfully sudocreme is wonderful stuff. Who is visiting him

How is Alfie, Sluggy? Funny how life often brings you what you need - well, apart from DL - maybe she needs a workman though

Ooooh, nice bike, Noggs - how will the postman get it through the letterbox though ?

XB, that IS a cool site. Wonder if I can see the planes from my locaal airport - It's officially called London Southend airport.... snigger

Jack, as the others have said, you don't need to get faster every run - why, heck, I'd be in the Olympic team if that were true

Ah westie, 50 years and you still get on - wonderful Shall vibe that  Italian westie gets the all clear from the Doc.

Erm, how many pages is your diss, Daffy ?

Busy, busy week. Wet here today. Cycling chum seems not to be up for cycling lately so I shall try and be useful today. Shall visit local shop to see whether they have a reconditioned cooker and dishwasher - not an all in one although if it cleaned the pans after serving up, that would be cool  - general domestic goddess stuff too - leek and spud soup anyone ?

19/10/2012 at 09:15

morning all, Nice review Yummy saves a lot of reading back, well it's not the reading back is the remembering what I have read problem.
On the RICE front what I mean't to say was how long using ice for (days) before it has little effect ? I just though after a couple of days it became "redundant" so I am doing as M..eldy said and just gentle stretching now.I am hopeful that this time next week I may be able to have a little try out.
Eldest son should be on his way to Verona airport now so will be good to see him later.He has lost about 20+Kg in the last 6 months so it would be good to get to the bottom of it although in that time he has gone through a separation ,house split up and sold ,and he took the Italian contract to get some space. Now he has no home address and formal divorce pending at least there are no children involved and he has Family he can stay with until he is sorted.I guess all that adds up to stress an weight loss but still a big change.

Coffee

19/10/2012 at 09:55

Hope eldest is ok westie. Sounds like it might be due to all the upheaval (I tend to go in the opposite direction!) but good to get to the bottom of it. You keep resting that leg as long as you need to!

Yummity - lovely to see you back Stupid thesis is about 246 pages I believe - and that was considered a little on the short side... Wouldn't bother reading it if I was you :P

Quite jealous of all the hedgehog experiences you lot are having!

I planned to work half day today, then realised I'd goto to finish at 11. Started at 8, but that's still not *quite* half a day is it? Not sure I'm bothered

19/10/2012 at 11:48

Morning,

Seems near enough to a half day Daffs .

(((WestieSon))) Here's hoping that there is nothing physical causing the weight loss and that he flourishes again now that he is home.

It is good to see you again Yummity , how is the new job going? Alfie is fine thanks, 50% pickle, 50% cutie and 100% adorable. As you say, he is just what I needed . No nasty effects after his jab this time, thankfully.

I have aquagymmed and Tesco'dthis morning. Have a hozzie appointment early arvo, I am supposed to be seen by 4 different consultants so I suspect I might be there a while...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

19/10/2012 at 12:08

Morning I mean afternoon!

Westie-sending good vibes to your son, like you say it may just be all the stress of recent events that has caused the weight loss, my first reaction to anything stressful is that I lose my appetite.

Went out early (well half 7, is that early?) this morning for my long walk, mood has improved-a nice chat with a friend this morning has helped too.

Think I might have to have a look at this tattoo programme on 4oD over the weekend...

Going to do something about this avatar now...

19/10/2012 at 12:17

Morning - or it was before Dennis cornered me. It's quite hard to get any work done when you have any building projects going on. I did read back some time ago, I also wrote a to do list, which I haven't started.

((((((WIN))))))

awwwwww to Alfie - blur is 50% cute, 50% mischief 100% pure evil

Westie - hope the weight loss is sorted by a bit of family time and some good home cooking.

We are having some family issues at the moment. My Mum is due to live with brother 1 which involves building an extension. I love brother 1 and think he is a saint. Brother 2 not so keen on the plan , apparently he told brother 1 he 'would rather stick Mum in a home and forget about her'. I'm guessing that puts me in the middle of a rather messy family feud. I should have realised it wouldn't be plain sailing when everyone fell out over a meal to celebrate her 80th a few year's back!

But it's Friday, and there are plans afoot for a lovely weekend - so tra la and falderee

19/10/2012 at 13:03

morning all

meetings meetings meetings - can I go home now please?

no running all week makes me grumpy. definitely running in the morning!

19/10/2012 at 13:10
((( westie son)))

(((DL))))

Tried to update iPad and have lost everything. Photos and video of Ozzy. Crying my stupid sore eyes out :0(

(((( wasters))))
19/10/2012 at 13:13

(((((((tubs))))))) The video in your head is still there. I can still see deaf cat as a kitten hanging on the wall - the joy of hessian wallpaper

19/10/2012 at 15:42

What day is it, I remembered it was monday and then seem to have lost a few days.  Crisis hit work, so worked till 10pm on Monday, then went to birmingham to test a new system for 3 days ready for its launch in Dec.  Its not ready so major delay, early meeting this morning, and now I'm home with a dodgy stomach (thanks to a birmingham curry on wed)

I'm in the good books at work though, BIG boss made a major balls up and ive sorted it out

Nice to see yums back in the fold

ooooo Westie, tough times for Eldest, i'm sure he'll be grateful for some TLC

I saw mum on Tuesday as a surprise, she's doing really well.

And more good news MrS has a perm job   ASDA driver / shopper / warehouse, bit of everything.  Downside is all employees only get 25hr contract, but they want you to work full time.  So if the store gets quiet they will reduce his hours.  However he's working for the only 24hr store in the area so I think he'll be ok.  He's nervous because its something completely different and he's never worked with the general public before, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Right better get ready the policy I'm supposed to be updating

19/10/2012 at 16:22

Afternoon

ahh (((((Tubbs)))))), what a thing to happen

~~~~~~~(((((Westie boy)))))~~~~~~ some of his mum's cooking and hugs will hopefully do the trick

Oh dear DL not good to be in the middle of family feuds

I'm out for a girlie meal this eve, the boy and Iare Parkrunning in the morning so not drinking  and no long run must get that sorted

XB
19/10/2012 at 18:01

Blimey. That's a bit serious. Surely a woman of your age can get pissed and still trot round a parkrun. I'm ding a stint of volunteering at Preston parkrun tomorrow.

I've been to Skipton today (or Skipdale as they used to call it on Emmerdale) with the still recuperating Mrs XB. I had to pop into Specsavers for a quick check and have ended up with an urgent letter to my GP. All is not well with my right eye.

We managed to shoe horn a little lunch in a new place called The Russian Tearoom which was rather fabby. I had pear and treacle tea to wash down my lunch. Lovely firm and succulent dumplings. But that's enough about the waitress. Have a look at the menu.

And I've finally got a follow up appointment for my tittiness.

I'm falling apart.

But I still managed a 5km tempo run this morning with a warm-up and cool down. I did the 5km in 26 mins; that'll do nicely.

19/10/2012 at 19:43
You raise a good point xb. After a night out clubbing I still manage to get out on my bike. Spence is just being a Doris.
I should say clubbing for me these days means a dominoes evening down the legion, sometimes they go on until 9.30pm.
I did a very wet hilly session earlier. My rear brake seized on at the bottom of brill hill, I freed it and did three climbs of brill up the steep side. Descending on the front brake alone was interesting.

Wiggle tell me the new bike will arrive next week.
M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2012 at 20:22

Just in time for the mild spell forecast Noggs 

I had a carp 'nights' sleep thanks to the GasBoard digging up the road for best part of the day, no amount of pillow mountains can block that out so I am very tired and very grumpy

Tubs, you have my sympathies ...I lost all my photos when my computer crashed, I now have iCloud so hopefully everything is backed up, I also use FB to back a lot of stuff on to

I am back at work already and in need of coffee, its a vile old night out there thats for sure

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.