27/10/2012 at 22:01
It's been a beautiful day here
27/10/2012 at 22:06

I think you got lucky Spence - or rather we far East coasters got unlucky

Here's hoping it's nicer tomorrow

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/10/2012 at 07:02

morning

a boootiful day here yesterday as well, raining today though. I had tentatively thought I would go out on my bike with the CTC group today, but not sure that it's a good idea to start with a new group on the day the weather is set to be wet and windy!

I envy the park run people, the nearest one to me is Cardiff - some 40 miles away, but well done on those of  you who get out there, the boy is doing welll Spence.

Dunno what I'm going to do with the day today, run, bike, gym or just veg out?

28/10/2012 at 07:14
Morning each. It's peeing down here in minehead, just sucking down coffee and Bacon roll before setting off.

This could be quite hard.

Later.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/10/2012 at 07:17

Oooh, nearly forgot - go well, go strong Nogs 

28/10/2012 at 07:35

GO GO GO NOGS!!!!!!

Hope the clouds lift quickly so you get some dry weather and good views!

Sue, sounds like the better part of valour. Why not do what you FEEL like, whatever that is? If you feel like tussling with the wind, go for a run. If you want to move but not get wet, gym. And if you want to do sweet FA, then do it ))

Beautiful day here but bliddy cold. Thick ice on the car, Mr C has just turned it toward the sun so the ice can melt before we have to leave for church. This arvo I shall wash, iron, sort, clean, pack, toss, and use my magic powers to pack the car for the trip back tomorow: 'yes, of course I can fit that in too'

28/10/2012 at 07:39

I'm losing it. I'm sat here with my mouse and my coffee on the table beside me, and have now twice found myself moving my coffee cup slowly and carefully in an attempt to move the curser on the screen.....aaaaarrrrgggghhh....

28/10/2012 at 07:44

Awww Noggs, well my weather vinbes have failed

GO GO GO, Noggy, RA RA RA

*springs off the bed, slides down the banisters and forward rolls onto her feet*

Ta dah!

Windy, wet cycling isn't much fun, Sue. How about a leetle plodette and then veg out ?

Looks as though the west now have the eats weather from yesterday - sorry Fosty here but still and a glimmer of the golden orb. Plodette through the woods for me shortly. I have spent the last few days chatting with a spider in my bathroom

28/10/2012 at 07:47

x post, Chuggy. Snigger at you wondering why the computer isn't responding to your coffe cup mouse   Sounds like a pretty hectic afternoon for you so I wont slip my ironing in your pile

*peeks round for another ironing WAISTer*

28/10/2012 at 08:32

Morning all and good luck today Noggy not the best of conditions for you .

coffee

28/10/2012 at 09:12
Morning

GO GO Noggin!!
Hope the weather picks up

We've had rain in the night but ok now

Yums let me know when you find an ironing pile please I have some to off load

Sue I'd be tempted to veg!!

H is dropping by today with her tat. One girls tat is another girls treasure !!!
She is clearing out her front room and I get the good stuff as long as I take the carp which saves her a charity shop trip. Suits me!!
Although as its her front room it may just be tat and no clothes.... But thems the chances.....
28/10/2012 at 10:21
Go go Nogs :0)

We have wind and rain. And a vomiting dog. Rang vet yesterday as it includes remnants of kitten pouch packaging. Vet seemed to think he'd be ok. Last vomit was about midnight so hopefully things are settling down, he's asleep on the bed at the moment. Oskar is chilling a bit further up on the bed. We are all listening to the rain.

((((Waisters)))
Edited: 28/10/2012 at 10:22
28/10/2012 at 10:42

Morning,

GO GO GO Noggy, RARARA I do hope that you are not too troubled by wind.

It would be nice to think that Blue has learned his lesson re stealing food - but, sadly, I doubt t!

Sue, I agree with Chuggy that you should do exactly wha you want to day. You spend so much of your time looking after other people, you deserve some 'me time'.

Great going from the junior branch of the Spence family yesterday, no wonder we have a proud mummy in the lounge .

Yumms, I don't blame you at all for getting a dishwasher there is no point in life being harder than neccessary. Shove yer ironing over here and I will sneak it in with MS's, I'm sure he won't notice.

We did indeed take Noggy's advice yesterday and forego the bike ride. It was a lovely day, when viewed from inside, bright and dry but very cold. Today is just grey and cold so far. I think we will potter into Wimborne, a local town, today as they have a food festival happening. MS will be leaving for France at around 7pm, chum and I depart for Bath around 10am tomorrow.

Alfie is being a little monkey and keeps jumping onto the bannisters cos he knows it gets attention. He has supervised Decorator Dave's work - and has paint on his whiskers to prove it.

I hope that everyone is snug and warm today - especially Noggy once he has finished.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
28/10/2012 at 10:49
Morning all
Sending warm and dry vibes Noggswards

Sounds like pesky cats haven't been outside much lately either!! Mine has just killed the rug

Just supping coffee, porridge next and then out on the bike for a while
28/10/2012 at 10:57

There is a mouse on Hamish's patch and he's doing feck all about it!!

Poor old puddy tat can't be arsed

28/10/2012 at 11:15

morning

Awww, bless Hamish, guess it will just be down to you, Spence Unless GPO and Alfie get permission to go out and head for yours. Least you're having your dressing up box refilled

LOL at Alfie and him supervising the painitng - curiosity and cats, eh ?  And fancy you having a bath, sluggie Yonks since I've been but liked is as a nipper.

I went  down to the woods today but didn't meet anyone from the plod club until I was returning to my car after my run. Not sure if they started promptly - I was 5 mins late, whether I was in the wrong place or they made a later start. Hmmmmm, it defo said 9am and as it is the first X country outing you'd think they might wait a few mins as it isn't the easiest place to find

The dog has taken to piddling upstairs when I've only been out 2 hrs. 3 days running now. I think its a protest piddle

28/10/2012 at 12:03

Eeyew, Yums, bit nasty that. Maybe it will help if she has an alternative means of protesting?

(hands Cush a placard reading 'I am being neglected and I insist upon immediately being returned to my rightful position as empress of this establishment')

Oh, and Sluggie is dead right: OF COURSE you should buy the dishwasher. That's a no-brainer. 

Melds, hope the weather is kinder to you than it sounds like it's being toward Noggie! 

Spence, be sensible: which would you rather eat, clean fresh packaged catfood or a smelly mouse that hasn't even been gutted? You think Hamish is stupid or something? 

Oh dear, Tubbs, sounds like he should have learnt his lesson this time! Although dogs don't seem to work that way, I've noticed... Anyway, I hope he feels better quickly if only because life will be so much nicer for you! Do your eyes feel any better yet on the new regime? 

Bath is a perfect place to go for a nice break, Sluggie---have a fab time )))))

Right, I've put off the packing as long as possible. I don't want to have to do it late tonight so best shift my bottom. Laters. 

28/10/2012 at 12:33

*Rushes in oooh we forgot, we forgot*

GO GO AMANDAX !!!

28/10/2012 at 13:08
I'm back!
It was bliddy cold but at least it stayed dry. Was an early start despite the extra hour so first challenge was getting all 3 men out the door.
Got to the athletics stadium on plenty of time, quick loo stop , banana then ready for the off. Wind was cold and feet were numb!
By 3k had started to warm up but niggly knee kicked in. However it wasn't tooo bad and seemed to intermittently ease off. Caught up with a club mate and we stayed together. First 5 k on roads then veered into lee valley park and along canal. Good practice for the grand union canal half in 2 weeks!
At 11 k started to feel it but friend and I decided to finish together and even managed sprint finish. Saw my support team at 7k and finish.
Nice medal and goody bag
Back to cafe and to see the white water rafting centre. Cup of tea and bacon roll hit the spot.
Got cold then but now home , bathed and warm.
Official time 1.29.26 for a supposed 13.1km tho my Garmin measured it lo get than that. 13.1k is 8.1 m and I made it 8.5m . Pleased with that time and the fact knee coped. Going to see physio next week to get knee checked but at least I know it's not getting worse.
Now awaiting pics!
28/10/2012 at 13:09

Afternoon

I have been over and walked pal's dogs with her teenager - who is busy weedling his way into my good books just as fast as he can!  He did phone me at 8am this morning worried because one of the dogs wouldn't eat but she's fine........just being a fussy madam

I am now home with my pooches and will have a busy day making lists of all the things I want to get finished over half term while I can get away with working reduced hours..........

As Yums said it's dry and still here today but I still wouldn't want to be out running or biking so I admire Noggs' cogliones as it sounds like a pretty manky day his way!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.