working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,381 to 211,400 of 232,786 messages
20/10/2012 at 16:02

Hi Roadrunner Do you do all your runs the same speed? If so, might be worth varying a bit - do one a bit slower but longer distance, and another one shorter and a bit faster (if you can't manage faster for a whole run, do 30 secs of speeding up at a time). Bet you'll get faster in no time at all

Aw tubs

(((((((sluggy))))))))) that looks like some contraption! Hope it sorts you out xx

40.07 for my parkrun this morning Under 30 mins by the end of the year do we reckon??

20/10/2012 at 16:41

Without a doubt Daffs

The boy informs me we're going next week

20/10/2012 at 17:19

Hi all

XB-does the Preston Parkrun include the MASSIVE hill in Avenham Park? Because it did when I did the Race For Life!

Advice needed-as I improve/progress is it worth investing in proper running tights? I power walk in tracky bottoms at the moment. Are compression tights worth the money and in layman's terms what exactly are they for?

I'm not so sure how seriously I want to start taking this, whether I want to go down the route of entering lots of things/pushing myself etc or just run for the fun of it. I guess I will know the more I go out and do it

Hugs to all

Edited: 20/10/2012 at 17:19
20/10/2012 at 17:34

Racing through as very bizzy here so hope I've got this right:

((((((((((Pipette)))))))))

Glad she's all right but it's still a nasty shock for such a young driver. (

(((((((((((Westie's eldest))))))))))

A few good nights out with his brother and his family must be fab for him. Fingers crossed that there's no cause for any concern. 

******Nogs' new bike******

Wow )))

((((((((((((((((((DL's family)))))))))))))))))

Never easy with parents needing support. All the hidden cross=currents come out. Sigh. Sterkte. 

((((((((((((Tubs' iPad)))))))))))

But DL is right. The video that matters is the one in your heart. And such a shame about Juan----but he must have had the most wonderful time for the last few days, so I'm sure he died happy!

Woop woop for Spencelad!!!

Well runned Park Runners!! (XB: 26 minutes??? Whew!!!!!)

Hooray for Snailymum and Mr. Snail!

Melds, yep, Secret Santa for sure )))

Sluggie, that SCS sounds deffo worth a try. When can you get an appointment? And I guess you will try it for a week before they decide? Fingers very crossed this works!!!!!

We had 36 hours of absolutely relentless, strangely warm wind, then 24 hours of solid rain. Weird. Must zoom off, out for a rousing paella evening in the next village with German neighbours. xx

M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 17:36

You can pick up a cheap pair of running tights in most chav stores, if they wear out - treat yourself to a posh pair 

Podds has arrived, we have done visiting time and both of them minded their manners  !!

I think if tomorrow turns out like today then I will take my posh bike out while the weather is good ... I do have a nifty plan B on standby if it looks iffy tomorrow

20/10/2012 at 18:56

Thanks M will save up for some cheapo ones first-tight budget here at JH towers!

Just watched that Tattoo programme on 4oD. It's made me think about adding to the one I have. Although I would never have text/words/Miley Cyrus related imagery...

M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 18:58

I use a fair bit of 'More Mile' stuff, you can usually find it on eBay, good value

20/10/2012 at 19:24
Jay, Aldi often has good stuff
lucky I have a friend who buys stuff wears it once doesn't like passes it on....to me
M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:27

I need a friend like that  !!

XB
20/10/2012 at 19:32

Evening

There's no need for tights unless the temp falls below -5degC.

I've been in the kitchen making some chocolate "energy bars". I wouldn't eat them for energy; just for fun.

20/10/2012 at 19:35

I'm in the kitchen too XB, making bread, rice, chilli, cooking dried mung beans and black eyed beans, bread, muffins, and a rather fetching sparkly witch

M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:37

Goodness ... I am not sure whose kitchen I prefer !!

XB
20/10/2012 at 19:39

These are what they are supposed to be like. Mine aren't quite as tastey.

Save a bit for tomorrow Daffs and I'll come round for lunch.

20/10/2012 at 19:39
I'm on my back on the sofa having had a couple glasses of white
Everyone should have a friend called Helen!
M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:44

A bit of SCD for me ...

20/10/2012 at 19:45
Ooh XB they look fab
I'm so looking forward tomorrow ! Mr Spence is working we're had Sunday lunch today, so tomorrow I can be really lazy
M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:48

They do look nice XB

Can I take some with me tomorrow?!

20/10/2012 at 20:05

http://www.runningshow.co.uk/

Free if you register in advance.Has a 10k on 25th - not free

20/10/2012 at 21:37

Ooh, they look proper tasty XB! Think I might swap my kitchen for yours - mine is very productive but smells mostly of cooked mung beans right now...

21/10/2012 at 07:11
Morning all. Woke early and made tea. Trouble is now the fridge had reminded me its 12 today. Lets hope knee behaves.

Dry but grey weather forecast.

Parents home today. Been keeping eye on their house so that's one less job . And yesterday was the first day in ages we didn't get a phone call from or about FIL with latest crisis . Poa is in process and reassessment of his care too. Just awaiting outcome of memory tests etc.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.