211,401 to 211,420 of 239,080 messages
28/10/2012 at 20:38
Woo hoo that Dragon!!
M...eldy    pirate
28/10/2012 at 20:42

Noggs, you are a Leg End

Top biking sir, me and the GPO are doffing our caps  

28/10/2012 at 21:13

Great going, Sue---that must have blown the cobwebs away ))

Noggy, brilliant report of a fantastic race!! Truly awesome. We know how easily impressed Meldy is, but apparently even the GPO thinks you shone like a star, so you really must have done)))

Nighty night, lads and lasses, 0530 is coming soon so I'm off to sleep. Next word prolly from the flatlands. Have a good Monday, all. xxx

28/10/2012 at 21:44

Well done Noggy - sounds like a true day of mind over matter - very impressive young man

28/10/2012 at 21:52

had a leg try out today and scott came along to sheep dog me so I did not over do it.
Left the house and went up over the Lomond hills then down to Falkland village on the other side.A bit steep and lots of walking but leg stood up well, so 11+k completed  today so very pleased.Only problem was getting home on a Sunday found we had a 3+ hour wait for the Sunday bus so we were forced to sit in the pub drinking the black stuff and footy on Sky.Now need to set a target for early next year and get a training plan going . Scott put a couple of photo's on FB.
ok off to bed night all.

29/10/2012 at 07:41

Oh come on, I can't be first up can I?

Oh, it's half term and the schools are on holidays - again

Coffee?

29/10/2012 at 07:54

Morning,

Great report Noggy, you did bliddy well to stick at it under such adverse conditions.

Well run Dragon lady. Well girlie screamed Meldy. Well run and swimbled JFF. Well gossiped Spence. Well packed Chuggy. Well xc'd Yummy. Well teenaged Podds.

Welcome home Larry . It is hard to believe that Stanley is 2 already - Christmas is going to be such fun this year.

I had the pleasure of Alfie's company overnight as MS is away. He was generally a Very Good Boy although he did get a bit bouncy around 4.30 when I got up to spend a penny. He settled down again once he had managed to excavate myh hands from under the bedclothes - silly me for wanting them under the duvet where they were warm rather than being available to stroke Alfie!

We are planning to leave around 9.45. 1st stop will be the cattery - I haven't told Alfie yet . I still have quite a lot to do - including clearing up the paper and cardboard thatAlfie has strewn around the floor and removing half the things I overpacked last night - so I had better get moving.

See you on Wednesday.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

29/10/2012 at 08:23

Ah, Bless Alfie  - probably just delaying tactics as he will have realised things aren't quite right this morning. Hope he enjoys the cattery. And do have a hoobacious time

Noggs, I shall take your word for it that the race is as tough as they come. Great race report and well done for sticking with the beginning difficulties and believing in your training - yay

Crumbs, Larry, how are you ? Two is such a fab age for kids. Trouble is they have also learnt to say no. How are you keeping ?

Girly screams, M...eldy, surely not from you ?? Off road riding has that effect on me though.

Sue, when I suggested a plodette, I didn't have 10 miles in mind or is that your idea of a plodette ?? Well done mad dragon

(((Tubbs dodgy pet stomachs)))

Bon voyage, Chuggs. Safe, flowing journey and all that stuff. Don't forget to pack Rossie and your toothbrush

Anyone seen FP lately?

When the boys were returned home last night, I was asked whether or not I still had our baby gates and a particular toy...............it doesn't take a genius to figure out why I was asked and a direct question to the boys revealed the answer. Time will tell how this might affect the boys but even though I don't have a crystal ball or psychic powers,  I reckon I can predict with some certainty one course of action someone will take.

Now, can I get the boys to take me to see Skyfall today ?

29/10/2012 at 08:31

Morning all and very well done and reported again Noggy and yes coffee will do nicely thank you

Off for second visit to the toof doctor this morning and then that should be it for this year.

Have ordered new running shoes

29/10/2012 at 08:42

Morning

yey for new shooz

Oh yums !

It's half term I don't have to get up but I did and.....

ran 5 miles

It was fab !

29/10/2012 at 09:10

Thanks for all the encouragement, we all know it's a real help.

I few more things have flagged up for me.  I think yesterday was a major step forward for me.  I was ready to pack for almost two hours but I kept the faith and things got better.  I've never felt that strong after 5 hours of hard riding - including my racing days.

Total chip time 5 h 44m - I was off the bike a few times for one small mechanical and clothing changes, one on a slippy cattle grid - and one to wade through a river.

My training regime is working and gives me so much confidence.

My food and drink intake is about rght, no thirst or hunger knock and no hint of the cramp that has blighted my hard rides in the past. 

My bike handling has improved loads too.

One final thing.  

Cycling is flippin' great and well done Spence on your five miles.

A short recovery ride awaits me later after I; cleaned bike and kit.

29/10/2012 at 09:50

Morning all

Someone has only been and stolen the weekend - where did that go then???

Wooooooo hooooooo with extra cor blimeys to Nog the hill climber - a mighty impressive and rather bonkers achievement

Yay, yip te dee and woo hoos to Amandax too - don't listen to Podds - Garmins never lie - I've managed a 3 minute mile acording to mine.

Yums - an interesting weekend indeed. ((((()))))) Think you might be needing these

LARRY!!!!! How the divil are you?

Sluggie - give my regards to Bath. I do miss the place.

Also some very good plodding and swimming and walking and cycling and generally being active - I seem to have stopped all forms of activity. Not sure how to get started again. Every morning I think I really should then don't - its a conundrum within a paradox surrounded by a challenge.

Went to see Skyfall at the weekend - not really a Bond fan so not sure if it deserves all the hype. Liked the trailer for Les Miserables - can't wait!

Happy sparkly new week 

29/10/2012 at 10:36

oooh DL I've been looking for you

J has told me to tell you you have to do Ashby !

and with her being Irish I wouldn't say no !

Think of the pizza

29/10/2012 at 10:50

Morning

Well done indeed Noggs. A great report too. Your training and nutrition plans must be spot on for you and you certainly have that determination that it takes to get stuck in and get it done.

Great plodding Sue, spence and anyone else who got out and did some of the energetic stuff.

As for Stanley, he is a little darling. A cheeky little chap. Such fun to be around. He leaves us delighted and exhausted at the same time!  I will post some pics when I have sorted out how to get them from there to here. He absolutely loves the horses and has already started his riding career

Must be off now as its AA this lunchtime so I may pop back later to see what you have all been up to. If I leave it too long I can never catch up!!

29/10/2012 at 10:56

Oh and Nogs its not half term again, this is the first half term of this academic year. It will be half term again in 6 and a bit weeks.

Happy to help

*waves to Larry*

29/10/2012 at 10:59

Actually what am I saying !

It wont be half term in 6 and a bit weeks it'll be end of term which means 2 weeks off.

Silly me !

*runs away giggling*

29/10/2012 at 11:07
Spence, you're a ratbag.
29/10/2012 at 11:17

yeah, but you love me

don't you !?

29/10/2012 at 13:04

What's not to love?

29/10/2012 at 13:13

*wanders into lounge and trips over can of worms*

I may be out of the country for the next Ashby extravaganza

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.