working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,421 to 211,440 of 232,994 messages
21/10/2012 at 18:17

Not read back yet!

Spence you must've seen my nephews! Speedy nephew did it in 1:48, close to PB but his best for that course. Other one did in 2:04 or thereabouts which is a PB for him! These are the ones that did Liverpool full mara last Sunday!

I've been at Ingleton for hte weekend with my photographers. Awful journey getting there - crawled through Liverpool to the M6 (much worse than a normal Friday for no obvious reason - unless there was something on another route with a knock-on effect) then a van fire on the M6 so we came to a standstill while that was put out! It was dark by the time we got there, but they hadn't gone to the pub without us! Lovely time - light not so good yesterday but today was gorgeous.

I seem to be over my virus and coped with walking round etc, though I knew I'd be okay as there's a few there that aren't very energetic.

half-term now! yippee!! going to try and get some difficult uni reading and note-taking done for the first couple of days then going to see my sister.

21/10/2012 at 18:42

wow speedy nephews the tv coverage wasn't on for that long and I couldn't go watch as Mr Spence is at work.

we've another week to go before half term

Glad you're feeling better

Where's DL?

M...eldy    pirate
21/10/2012 at 18:53

She probably got a last minute place for brum half 

21/10/2012 at 19:07

Evening

M...eldy wrote (see)

I'm home 

Podds is on her way back to Fannet ... a pleasnat morning out with a few Chiltern lumps thrown in for good measure, I did a couple of miles more than Podds and Mr Podds .... when will they ever learn that Meldy is always right!!

Lost Podds a couple of times but always found her again in a pub ... funny that 

Ok ok ok - let's get it over and done with

*takes a deep breath*

I, Podds, do hereby declare that Meldy is always right........

My pal sprung the boys and dropped them round at my place - the NV was so grateful to her that he barfed in her car   apparently he didn't deal with kennels very well this time round but that fits with the fact that in the last few months he's become more affectionate and seems to finally feel fully part of the family so I guess he sensed the abandonment this time   However he's home and fed now and happily asleep on the settee with Mr P

Lovely 24 hours away although I had a shocker of a ride this morning - like I had no legs at all.........................or like I hadn't trained for 3 months...........

21/10/2012 at 19:19

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8185/8109386844_926ae80934_m.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8109387970_383e475851_m.jpg

I think I'm in lurrrrvveee - and not with Meldy I hasten to add

I can officially say that the FGO is just adorable - and he loves carrots

M...eldy    pirate
21/10/2012 at 19:25

He also likes mugging people for them!!    great lump that he is 

21/10/2012 at 19:47
Ahh what a lovely Dobbin
M...eldy    pirate
21/10/2012 at 19:49

Thats ma boy 

XB
21/10/2012 at 20:17

21/10/2012 at 20:50
Someone died at the Brum Half
M...eldy    pirate
21/10/2012 at 20:55

Saw that on the news ... very sad always

21/10/2012 at 21:07

blimey, some superb times there. Was the course down hill by any chance

oh Pippi, the traffic sounds awful but how lovely the others hadn't gone to the pub without you - unlike Podds

Bless NV, what a soppy sossige he is. Good to know he feels he has his forvere home now. Cush refuses to get out of the car now when I take her to kennels - funnily enough, she jumps straight in on the way home.

Ah, bless Murph too and they say dogs look like their owners .....

Ta for the shirt ironing, Spence - I left some maltesers as a thank you - have you found them ?

I got some reflective spokeys for my work bike today - Will be cycling a lot more in the dark soon

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 21:08
M...eldy    pirate
21/10/2012 at 21:09

It was proper dark this morning, far too dark to be up and loading a bike into the car !!

21/10/2012 at 21:18

good riding you two/three! I gave a lift this weekend to a 'horsey' lady who has a horse called Murph!

I had to read back quite a way to find out why Spence was getting excitable about scs - I thought they did settees and stuff!

Nice bars XB - I quite fancy baking in the next day or so but I'd have to do a bit of shopping to do those.

My camera's playing up a bit. I'm asking about it on nerdy camera forums. Of course the fault could be with the idiot behind it, but I don't think so (not completely). Still, I got a couple of good ones!

Edit to say: Waister Santa, yes, yes, yes, me! me! me!

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 21:28
21/10/2012 at 22:06

oh yes, SS for me too, please

Been trying to find a replacement dishwasher on eBay as I'm feeling quite desperate with the amount of time I spend washing up - I know, I should make the bosy do it so they would re use items. I think I've found one that can cope with all my dishes..... teh description reads...... 8.4 metres high.4 n a half metres wide.6 metres depth

Am now looking for a new house......

and I thought they made you go out under the cover of darkness, M..eldy - could be traumatic for young children otherwise

21/10/2012 at 22:15

Me too for SS please

M...eldy wrote (see)

He also likes mugging people for them!!    great lump that he is 

Oh yes - I got well and truly slimed in 'oss style - most lovingly when he wiped the remains of his tea he'd been guzzling from his bucket all up my arm

He's certainly not backwards at coming forwards if he thinks you've got something edible

21/10/2012 at 22:16

Oops - forgot to wave madly at Yums and say 'Lo - that dishwasher sounds about the size of my whole house!

Bed with Chrissie now - can't believe it's work again tomorrow

21/10/2012 at 23:32
You could put the boys in it Yums and save on baths :0)

Hope you don't have to wait too long Sluggy

Some fab pedalling and running and power walking :0)

Lovely and sunny here for a change. Horses were out naked :0)

Lovely photos of Murph :0)

((((Waisters))))
22/10/2012 at 07:40

Morning

*looks round puzzled*

where is everyone ? ah yes, it's arf term oop norf........

Sunny, Tubbs? Just how far away is the IOM ? Wet, wet and wetterer here yesterday. Now just weirdly warm but misty.

*waves madly back at Podds*

Spleurgh, Monday again.....   I have a health check on Thursday. Shall have to avoid eating blocks of lard until Friday then. I suspect my cholestrol level may be my undoing as it's always been on the high side of 'normal'

22/10/2012 at 07:59

Morning

Not half term here yet!!

Stick your clothes i the dishwasher too Yums!

A friend knew the guy that died yesterday was only young. Makes you think eh.

Work and pub lunch for me

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.