working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,421 to 211,440 of 236,777 messages
29/10/2012 at 15:59

Shall I tell you something DL!?

Shall I??

Don't feckin believe you !!

and thank you Nogs, what indeed

I'm still chuckling over my earlier post actually!!

Really should get out more!! 

29/10/2012 at 17:30

morning all

Noggs - you are a total biking hero

DL  - think of the hoodie

wooohoo for a returning Larry  - saw your lovely photo on facebook!

ooh err Yumms - interesting times ahead

had a day off today and went out to lunch for my Dads birthday with Mum, my bro and and sis, a couple of nieces and my Littlun - very nice and a break for my Dad

Mr FF did very well entertaining all the olds on Sunday but says I have to go next time - darn it!

M...eldy    pirate
29/10/2012 at 18:57

I appear to be back at w*rk again ... roll on 3am  

29/10/2012 at 19:07
Oh lucky you Melds.
Fish pie and purple sprouting broccoli nearly ready here.

My recovery ride went well. My Giant bike - the one I rode yesterday- is a bit second hand. The water and dirt has mashed the headset and the brake blocks are worn away.
29/10/2012 at 19:52

one previous careful owner, Noggs ?  I have a Giant too - Talullah is her name and a Trek and a Marin

DL, I'm fine about it. I wouldn't fancy teenagers in my sixties though. I am just waiting to see how it affects us 'others'. Quite possibly financial as well as emotional for the miniyums.  And am I being very naiive to believe you when you say you wont be in the country for Ashby (nice planning btw)

Oooh, M...eldy, does that mean you will miss 999 what's your emergency tonight? For some reason in our house it's called 999 what's your greyhound - kids eh

*stops the traffic so Chuggs can speed on her way*

I dont like to worry you chuggs, but London sarfend airport  now has QueasyJet flying to Hamsterjam - I often race the planes down the runway on a Thursday night at plod club

Ooops, I'm rambling. Someone has finished the weekend wine/ cooking sherry and when I find otu who.............Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

M...eldy    pirate
29/10/2012 at 20:04

I will miss it and tomorrow I will miss AUtumn Watch and Operation Iceberg cos I am going out for me supper and I have actually had to download BBC iPlayer so I can watch them ... Food or Chris Packham was a difficult choice for me you know !

aaand then Wednesday is Theatre day and then Friday is cinema day ... its a very exciting week I tell you !!!

XB
29/10/2012 at 20:08

That's me home.

I can't believe I was so close to Westie when we popped over to St Andrews for the day.

Anyhoo, massive congrats to Noggs. Sounds like a tough day and the power of the WAISter won out in the end. It's proof positive that your training regime is working.

And a woo and a hoo to Amanda. Well done.

I'm still a bit fooked. I trid a run yesterday which was wonderful while it lasted. Unfortunately I spent the rest of the day back at the hotel with my feet propped up. Feckity feck.

29/10/2012 at 20:22
Oh boo XB

Yums, I for one ain't believing DL!!
29/10/2012 at 20:27

Evening all,
May be next time your up this way XB I'll take you for a pint
New shoes came today so have to get training again only problem don't know what I am training for . (Looks up where,when  and how far Ashby is ) Have this mad idea of trying a half marathon but don#t know if I could manage the training for it without doing myself damage.

XB
29/10/2012 at 20:32

Work At It Slowly, Westie. Really slowly. Aim for the long game and build up over say 40-50 weeks. None of this 10% nonsense; go for 5%. Plan some step back weeks.

Patience.

29/10/2012 at 21:33
That was a Beast and a half Noggs!

Well done Amandax

Helloooo Larry :0) Like everybody else I'm stunned Stanley is two! Where did that go?!

Mini Tubs is 6 in December :0) Hurriicane permitting, he and Jnr Tubs are flying from Dublin to Orlando tomorrow :0)

Blue is fine. We are being even more vigilant about kitten/ dog/any food being left out. He's such a big dog he can reach right to the back of the work top, and he can open drawers.

Brought the horses home yesterday, rain, rain and more rain. They are pleased to be back, Megs was doing prances and bucks this morning :0) Stables done, field electric fenced and 80 bales of hay collected and unloaded for friend's pony. I'm whacked!

(((( waisters )))
M...eldy    pirate
29/10/2012 at 22:04

I hate to think what colour Murph is ... its been raining for a few days now !

29/10/2012 at 22:10
Westie, Ashby is 20 miles
29/10/2012 at 22:14

Now that could be a step too far lol.
But it would be nice to get down south when there are a few Waisters gathered even just to say hello and have a drink.

29/10/2012 at 22:24
That sounds like a plan Westie :0)
29/10/2012 at 22:58
Well Westie, there will be Far Far, DL* and myself

*yes I know, I know she hasn't said yes.......yet
M...eldy    pirate
29/10/2012 at 23:29

Remind me when Ashby is again .. is it July?

30/10/2012 at 06:48

morning

work for me so can't stay and play   No idea when Ashby is, M...eldy and no plans to find out either

30/10/2012 at 07:12
Don't worry Yums, I'm sure Spence will sort out your entry. And a map :0)

Oskar has taken to murdering loo rolls! I'm considering setting up a confetti business :0)

* leaves large pot of coffee, porridge and a huge pile of hot buttered toast in front of blazing log fire in Waisters lounge*.

(((( waisters ))))
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
30/10/2012 at 07:34

morning, and a lovely one it is too. Just back from my dawn plod , it felt like spring rather than autumn.

Ashby is 17th March, timed for part of VLM training. 

Better get going for the work thing! Happy Tuesday everyone 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.