working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,441 to 211,460 of 239,099 messages
30/10/2012 at 07:36

Morning each.

On my second cup of the good stuff now.

I'll drop my Giant bike off at the shop this morning for a new headset - fitting one requires special tools which I don't have.

I have to do some paid stuff today, mostly grass cutting whilst its dry.  Could be the last cut for this year.

Time for breakfast.

30/10/2012 at 08:25

Morning , coffee going down well
March may be a bit early for a visit but do intend to get down sometime next year

Off to try the new shoes out this morning and they make my old ones look worn out (well they are ). My old ones are Ultima 2's these are Ultima 3's thought I would leave the 4's till next year. Just a quiet 3 miles targeted for the day so will see how things turn out .

More coffee

30/10/2012 at 08:28

Morning

Late

That Sharkey is a norty boy who well and truly blotted his copy book this morning Just as well for him that it's half term and if I go in a little late there's nobody there to notice or care!!!!!!!

Will read back once in work!

Laters

30/10/2012 at 08:33

Morning

Guess what me and the dawg's been and done?   only 3:5miles tis a beau-ti-ful morning   and the last two miles were both 10:08 how weird is that!?

Someone asked about FP well I can tell you she was up at 6;30 for a little plod

Tubsterr wrote (see)
Don't worry Yums, I'm sure Spence will sort out your entry. And a map :0)

Tubbs, thanks for that what I spiffing idea

and she can always stay with us  we look after WAISTers here*

*Disclaimer, we haven't a spare bed, it's an air bed with DD or kids bed  Or in the middle of me and Mr Spence

30/10/2012 at 08:49

Good morning, WAISters! Nice to see your smiling faces from just across the North Sea. 

Splendid start to the morning for Sue, Spence and Westie. Purposeful for Noggie and Yums. Bit on the equivocal side for Podds and Tubbs, by the sound of it 

We are closer to Podds and Tubbs at the mo. Mr C was not best pleased to find Rossie had pooped in the garage last night, but we were too tired to take her for a walk so we let her into the garden and, lady that she is, she doesn't like doing her business there at 'home' so our fault really. Trip back was great til we got to Rotterdam where the rush hour and heavy rain cost us an hour and a half so it was 12-1/2 hours in total. 

I've turned over a new leaf (yes, again: I know the forest floor is a foot deep in my previous new leaves which are now rotted compost, but hope springs eternal) so was up at 6.30, dressed and ready to chug at 7. But it was raining: not the 'gentle dew from heaven' stuff, but the 'lets get this bloody Ark floated then' kind. And it went on for HOURS! Finally gave up and got dressed: I'll chug this arvo. In the meantime I've put most things away and defrosted the freezer so all is not lost.

30/10/2012 at 09:18

*waves to Chuggy across the waves*

I too had a vague intention of plodding along the beach this morning........luckily it stayed a vague intention and never materialised 

So in work - read back a bit, poor Rossie but a girl has to go when and where a girl has to go -

unfortunately IT guy is in his office which is my "foyer" and from which my "top secret special office" also opens so can't do my dad dancing work while he's around

Am hoping he may b*gger off and go somewhere else on the site and leave me in peace

Laters

30/10/2012 at 09:53

IT guys are seldom good company Podds (in my experience)

Just dropped the bike off at the shop - we are lucky enough to have an independant shop in the town.  A new headset and bottom bracket plus full service have been ordered.  My bike is 7/8 years old and apparently a museum piece.

Time to load the van and earn some money.

30/10/2012 at 10:01

Morning!

Goodness, so much going on in here! Athletic feats of prowess - well done the lot of you! Do we have to refer to Noggin the Beast now?? Some fab plodding too.

DL - I suggest you book some flights for next July - to anywhere at all - then scan the tickets and post a picture. That should shut them all up!

((yums)))) interesting times ahead indeed... Hope it means LESS hassle for you rather than more... xxx

Larry! How very lovely to see you And Stanley is TWO! Wow!

I'm back from Belgium - fortunately went on the Eurostar, which, while not windy, was kind of like travelling in a fridge. Lovely to see my friend. I watched a belly dancer while eating a Lebanese dinner (quite off-putting actually), and took a mini goat for a walk on a lead.

Back at work now sadly!

30/10/2012 at 10:47
Dr Daffs wrote (see)

I watched a belly dancer while eating a Lebanese dinner (quite off-putting actually), and took a mini goat for a walk on a lead.

Of course you did Daffs - what else could you possibly do in Belgium ! 

Dr Daffs wrote (see)

I'm back from Belgium - fortunately went on the Eurostar

I looked for you but you didn't wave

Rather liking the idea of Noggin the Beast and yes Noggs I quite agree - whilst a perfectly pleasant chap he's hardly great company and most especially not when he's cramping my style!!

Is it very wrong that I've just eaten my lunch 

M...eldy    pirate
30/10/2012 at 11:51
Morning all

I appear to still be in bed ... waiting on the GPO bringing me coffee and breakfast

I think I have a long wait!!
30/10/2012 at 12:36

Hang on a bit longer he may get round to it or if you can wait a couple of days I could always pop down for you

3 Miles done and dusted in the new shoes with no problems (apart from my fitness ) but did manage 12+ min miles for the distance which is not too bad as the last mile is all up hill.

30/10/2012 at 12:55

Goooooood Afternoon

A few chores done this morning, incuding a trip to Sarfend. Its quite mild outside and I was dressed for deep winter weather. Glad to get home and strip a few layers off.

Yums - which plod club do you go to? And maybe, as Daffy says, the new 'situation' will benefit you and yours in the long run.

Mr L is decorating our bedroom so I am staying well out of the way. Lots of swear words issuing forth from the room but all paint seems to be stuck on the ceiling so far and not anywhere its not required so I assume its all going to plan. (well, my plan, anyway)  Its going to be a sensual sanctuary in red, black and cream. That's the theory!!

Well done on the plod in the new shoes, Westie. and the same (minus the shoes) to eveyone else who has done so.

Time for a rest now. xx

30/10/2012 at 12:57

Glad you are back in NL, Chuggs and the journey was mostly uneventfull. I hope normal service is quickly restored

30/10/2012 at 13:39

Dr Daffs wrote (see)

Morning!

DL - I suggest you book some flights for next July - to anywhere at all - then scan the tickets and post a picture. That should shut them all up!

Daffs that's exactly what she should do

especially as Ashby is in March

It'll be a lovely treat for her after

Good thinking

You and tubbs have been so helpful, I hope she appreciates it!

30/10/2012 at 15:43

oooh I do love other people's skips

Next door but one are having some work done and I noticed a door in the skip...an original 1930s interior door  which we could do with downstairs; we have horrible glass panel things....so much to the embarrassment of Mr Spence I went and chatted up the builders  not only have I got a door but the builder is bringing one from home which is in much better condition than the one in the skip = result!

30/10/2012 at 16:19

well done Spence

Tuesday - bleurgh for me, since I was off yesterday  

30/10/2012 at 17:23

Top recycling Spence.

All work done and lawns cut.

I feel quite tired today - but have just done a cut down core session and it went ok.

A nice dinner planned here with the just the possibility of some red wine.

30/10/2012 at 17:42

*Holds out glass*

Some work girlies are coming round to watch the film Calender Girls because we all went to see one of our number in an am dram production a while back I have wine and nibbles at the ready

M...eldy    pirate
30/10/2012 at 18:41

I got fed up waiting for Westie ...

I am going out for me supper with the girlies and beginning to wish I didnt give in to the 2 slices of toast I had earlier!!

Dont worry if you dont see me tomorrow as I havea Horse/Swim/Supper/Theatre kind of day looming and need to fit a few things in the middle ... its going to be a fun week !

30/10/2012 at 18:56

Why is everyone having a night out with the girls?

What about me?

Dinner was a triumph.  A simple dish - piquante liver with fresh veg.  Costs about a fiver for two and is wonderful.  It deserves a good red wine.  Jamie Oliver would knock it out at about £25 a go.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.