working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,441 to 211,460 of 229,582 messages
22/10/2012 at 08:50

morning

Meldy and Podds been orsing around then!

Sad news about the Brum race and when someone young passes, just doesnt seem right.

Yet another DIY weekend at Chez Snaily, we will be open to visiters in November (if everything goes to plan!) So I'll post a booking form!!!    Wilko had paint on offer yesterday, so we bought the max allowed for each customer and ended up carrying 20l of paint through the town. 

I ran Saturday and Sunday morning, but this morning my legs were really stiff so thought I'd take a rest day.

And now I'm sitting in working wondering where to bleedin start......

22/10/2012 at 09:18

Morning

Monday - bleugh - not ready for it...

Was sitting in my office having snuck in the back way and not having logged onto my phone so I could remain in peace and quiet and some toerag set off the fire alarm so sadly everyone now knows I'm here and the pestering will begin..........

However I have a cunning plan............. 

Laters

XB
22/10/2012 at 09:44

Does the cunning plan involve lighting a real fire?

I do think that if you have a busy weekend you should be allowed a second weekend to recover.

Nog
22/10/2012 at 10:07

XB, as always, your proposal makes perfect sense.

Could I add one of my own?  Can we have Christmas in June when the shops are quieter?

Podds, torching the school is quite radical but we can see why you'd do it.

I've just booked accommodation for The Beast next weekend.  I had to pay my dues over the weekend just gone to be free to get away.  HL has GD for all of her activities next Saturday and Sunday.  HL has been surprisingly supportive.

It's a worry.

22/10/2012 at 10:08

o

XB wrote (see)

I do think that if you have a busy weekend you should be allowed a second weekend to recover.

or a whole week! (it's not half term everywhere round here - neighbouring authorities tend to have alternate weeks in October and February)

It's a bit dull today, but the weekend was gorgeous (I wish I'd gone out after getting back to get a photo I wanted ...) and I was running round naked like Tubs' horses - well, I didn't have a coat on!

Back later when I've finished brekkie and got dressed!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/10/2012 at 11:51

morning all

Lovely pics of Murph, he has something of a glint in his eye!

Fab weekend here also, a bit dull today, but no matter, I have the day off - and tomorrow 

Sad about that young man dying, but it happens, fortunately rarely when you think about it. There are races going on all over the country every weekend, so putting it in perspective it is a rare occurence. It's highlighted by the fact that the media don't report "couch potato dies at home". Still, my thoughts and best wishes go to the family.

I've spinned this morning and had my mane tamed, schlepped around the shops for a while but bought nothing of note. I'm going to have a tidying and organising day today. I have so much to do, and so much I want to do, but I've gone and got the place all of a clutter what with knitting and sewing and other crafty type stuff.

First, coffee then dive in to the muddle - send in a search party if I don't emerge by teatime if you would be so kind 

22/10/2012 at 11:55

Morning - just,

Great pedalling from Meldy and the Podds. Thanks for the photo's of the FGO. How lovely to think that NV has finally settled down and become part of the family

Gosh Pippi, your nephews are right speedy! I am glad that you are now fully recovered and were able to enjoy your weekend.

Ooh Noggy, HL is being supportive? I suspect that you will pay for that sooner or later .

XB, have you seen your doc about your eye yet? Do let us know how you get on please.

So it was Tubs who snaffled our sunshine over the weekend? How very dare she!

Yumms, that dishwasher sounds as if it might just be big enough to fit yourself, the boys and Cush in it at the same time .

Snaily, it bet it will be lovely when the decorating is finished and you can put your feet up and enjoy your new home.

I am waiting for a gardener to come round to have a look at our wilderness. The last guy who came has not been heard of since...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

22/10/2012 at 13:07

Crumbs Sluggie - I didn't think your garden looked that bad!! In fact I didn't think it looked bad at all

Sadly - until I win the lottery I can't torch the place as I need to keep paying my mortgate.....why can't the lottery peeps see that I could do so much with the dosh and just give it to me?

Loving your idea of a 2nd weekend XB....I am really struggling to get going today and I've got so much on my plate + the fact that the more I get done this week the more time I can have off at half term and yet I still can't get really into the swing of it.............

Even doing a dragon and organising my house is beginning to look attractive 

22/10/2012 at 15:21

chuck us your list over here Podds, mine is being crossed off at a rate of knots - indeed, I'm starting to get alarmed at the productivity here today! Hope the boss doesn't start getting ideas...

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 17:03

Me and the boy have been out and I have swum and I have cooked tea enough to last for 3 days 

22/10/2012 at 17:07

I've lunched out and don't need tea. Need to get daught to ballet and the boy to Scouts for shooting and then I can sit

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 17:09

They shoot Scouts?   Ace  

22/10/2012 at 17:39
M...eldy wrote (see)

They shoot Scouts?   Ace  

Bob a job  - contract killing on the cheap!

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 17:52

Inspired Pippi !!

Nog
22/10/2012 at 18:25

Evening each,

A day of not getting much done here.  I have booked a hotel for next weekend, thank heavens I did.  I've just got the rider briefing notes and I must start between 0700 and 0800 next Sunday - (it's a 3 hour drive from here).  It starts and finishes at Butlins Minehead and they are doing breakfasts, coffee's etc. - a lifesaver.

My new bike should arrive in the next day or two - unless the gearing is exactly what I need I won't use it on Sunday, although.............................

HL and I are having our flu shots tomorrow - we pay for the privilege at a pharmacist - after having flu 3 years back I reckon it's a good investment.

I like the idea of  Scouts taking on 'contracts'.  I have a few tasks for them already.

22/10/2012 at 19:00

I'll send him round Noggs

Is it bed time yet!?

DD woke us at 4 for a poo I pretended I was asleep in the hope Mr Spence would get up but he didn't!! 

22/10/2012 at 20:11

Never works Spence, you end up getting up anyway, just more annoyed!

Perhaps we should do a meal swap Meldy, i have 4 loads of Leek and Potato Soup for swapsy!

Today I have updated a CRB policy AGAIN.  I am sick of the "government" deciding on new legislation meaning i have to change everything again.  CRB is such a hot political topic its a bloody nightmare.  And it changes again in December and again Spring 2013 

True Dragon, like your facebook says "hills hurt, couches kill"  (though I dont quite feel like that when I'm trying to get up a hill!)

Do kids still have harvest festival?

22/10/2012 at 20:18
Yep, doing ours to parents tomorrow to local seniors Wednesday!
Nog
22/10/2012 at 20:22

Spence, you should live here.  HL is very deaf and hears chuff all after lights out.  I have one ear working but always have to get up to deal with dog/burglar/fire alarm/noisy neighbour related issues.

I've signed up at The Lion for 'Movember'  I reckon mine will be the carpest tache but it's a few quid to cancer charities.  When they launched the idea, they reckoned on 10 or 12 blokes signing up.  As of yesterday 77 of us had joined in.  At £10 a pop plus sponsorship we should do ok.

Nog
22/10/2012 at 20:27

Ooh I should have mentioned, that, when I was looking for a hotel for next weekend I EMailed a few places looking for a room.

One very nice place got back to me today saying the only room they had for me was the bridal suite which I could have at the single rate plus £25.  As I'm travelling alone that would probably have been the saddest day of my life.  I was happy to decline their offer and stay at a Premier Inn.

Life can be quite unfair.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.