working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,461 to 211,480 of 232,743 messages
22/10/2012 at 21:04

ooh, Noggs, you coulda had your pick of the WAISter babes to drape themselves across your bed in the bridal suite and you went for the Premiere Inn

Hmmm, Snaily tea or M...eldy tea ? Which is better ? Only one way to find out

I was wondering what on earth the boy haddone to be sent to Scouts for shooting.

Podds, no need for you to torch the skule. You won't have to wait long until one of the kids does it

Wow, Sue is knitting her secret santa already. Am sure knitted swimming  trunks would look fab on one of the WAISter boys

Blimey sluggy, is it really true that the gardener emerged and said to MS 'Dr Livingstone I presume ? '

Another day in paradise over with. I am waiting to be allowed to watch my tv. My Mum decided she wanted a family meal for her 80th birthday next month. One meal, sis and hers invited and me and mine. Well, you know where this is going....... sis thought about if for a week and then declined, so Ma n Pa will only have me and mine there. Olds not saying much but I could tell my Dad is upset. Tbh, I think she has crossed a line in my book - if she hadn't already. Feel like shaking her and making her realise how precarious life is and that they wont be here forever. So, ideas needed to spoil my Mum. Was thinking something ahem... girly to a nice meal - shall send her some flowers on the day

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:19

I have been trying to sew ...I had help !

Hmmm Yumms .. need to think about pressies

Noggs, I had assumed that HL was going with you to Dartmoor

Last day off tomorrow and then back to the orifice for a few days

22/10/2012 at 21:20

FFS Yums, how petty can your sis be?  Heaven knows, me and mine aren;t close but we do know how to behave and always turn up and pitch in when it counts.

Ideas? Well, how about tea at The Ritz or The Dorchester?

22/10/2012 at 21:22

Xpost melds.

I did invite her but she is on GD duty.

22/10/2012 at 21:34
Yums my sister is the same, you spoil your mum have a fab time and know in your heart you have done the right thing
M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:38

Ahh right Noggs .. understood

I am watching '999 what's your emergency'

I am not sure why, i'll see enough of that on Wednesday !

yes, Yums - it's your mum's day. Do your own thing for her and don't worry about your sister.

Visions of Nogs in white lying in a 4 poster quaffing champagne with his new bike ...

M...eldy    pirate

22/10/2012 at 21:40

Evening all, have lurked a bit last couple of days but have had both sons staying at our place which has been great fun but gosh I can't stand the pace. Eldest is now registered with our doc who is great and has had blood test  etc done today and our doc is not too worried about him. Tony said he thought the doc was very good and never felt a thing with the blood taking ( he says he normally bruises like mad). On a very good note he found he has put ON weight for the few days he has been home.They came home later in the afternoon after Docs (mum Took him to show him where to go )then Tony said he fancied a chill out pint took his mum along and she ended up on Glayva (?)so she was quite melow by the time Tony got her home saying sorry dad but i slipped her a double

Yumms sorry but I find it very sad with your Sis as Noggy said we all have our "bad" times but family is family and I can't imagine my lot not pulling together when it counts.Then I am very luck as all my lot look after each other and involve Mrs and myself in all things.

Tony flies back to verona in the morning so is staying at scott's overnight so he can get to the airport easy er.Hope they set at least 2 alarms as to date they have not been to bed before 2 / 3 am most nights..
Anyway hope you all get out and do your runs / bikes / swims / and all pet friends are doing well. ( Yes I am a bit Mellow now too ) early night I think (well maybe )

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 21:46

Ahh Westie .. sounds good for the lad if he puts on weight when he comes home

I am off to watch the inside of my eyelids for a few hours 

22/10/2012 at 22:36
M...eldy wrote (see)

I am watching '999 what's your emergency'

Talk about a bus man's holiday!

I try to make sure I watch nothing about education - real or imaginary - when I escape

I am trying to tidy the house as the gasman finally comes tomorrow arvo and it's soooooooo embarrassing when they check the radiators and your kegs are drying on them

22/10/2012 at 23:01

LOL at noggs in his neglige in bed with his bike

999 what's your emergency is, to me, a sweet, law abiding girl, jaw dropping viewing. The people are pathetic, feckless and down right awful, especially the women. Seeing the people off their faces on drugs/drink is shocking. Guess you must get immune to it to a degree, M,,,eldy

aww, bless the boys gettin ghteir Mum tipsy. Glad that a bit of mum's home cooking etc seems to be putting him right though.

Ah, Podds, if it's not the gas man and your kecks, it's the policeman and your boulder holders. As I just said, what the Poliss have to deal with is shocking;-)

Noggs, me and sis took ma to the Ritz for her 65th but it is something along those  lines that I have in mind - perhaps on a slightly less grand scale but something a bit special/quirky for the old bird will do   Hmmm, did you say you had a spare side in the bridal bed? I'm sure your good looks, charm and curmudgeonliness would make her day

Spence, your sis and my sis are eeejits

22/10/2012 at 23:31

Hmm - how did you know the pollisss are familiar with my boulder holders ????

Thought I'd kept that one quiet

Oh lookee here.........it's our Noggs

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4010/4534730636_23e0374692.jpg

23/10/2012 at 07:30

Morning!

Good photo of our Noggs there Podds

XB
23/10/2012 at 07:39

Morning

You can't beat a good ride. And bed is as good a place as anywhere.

I learned a valuable lesson last night. I'm happy to share with you all. If you've got a hurty ankle and foot and you go out for a 4 mile group run with the fast set, then you're likely to make it worse. Feck.

23/10/2012 at 08:00

oh bum, XB - you shoulda stuck to the bed idea Here put your ankle on the poof

Podds, you told a very funny story about the Poliss, a doggie poo carpet and your boulder holders - t'was a long, long time ago - before spence was even a twinkle

23/10/2012 at 08:11

Morning each,

XB, you wouldn't need to be Epstein to work that one out.

Nice piccie Podds - I hope my Raleigh, Butler and Giants' don't find out I've been sleeping around.

XB
23/10/2012 at 08:34

I think you'll find that, in the bike world, what goes around comes around.

You could say, a la Friends, that you were on a brake.

Or it was a chain reaction and you're tyred of it all and someone, from the bottom bracket, spoke out of turn and they can just fork off with pedalling such insinuations and having their head set against you. Take some time to get your bearings and don't let them derailleur plans.

My head hurts.

23/10/2012 at 08:41

morning you crazy lot.

hmm interested in podds and her boulders now

MrS is deaf as a door post, where as I have supersonic hearing, its a bloody nightmare!

oh XB, thought you would know better, your the most sensible out the lot of us!  Silly Billy

Dont watch 999 programme, but I might now, sounds rather interesting.  I'm addicted to Emmerdale at the moment, its my secret (well not so secret now) pleasure!

I'm a bit  and  this morning.  HC decided he would use my toes as attack practice at 2.30 this morning.  After an hour of squirting him with water I got up and let him out.  He then came back at 5am sat on my chest and meowed in my face.  I was not impressed.  Didnt run this morning, we have thick fog and the roads I run on are really badly lit, so its swimming tonight, or a run if I feel like it.

Better get moving, morning meeting to endure

23/10/2012 at 09:07

Morning,

Great puns XB, no wonder your head hurt afterwards (((XB's hurty foot))).

(((Yumms))) Your sister deserves a good slap!! Whatever her beef with you (and we know it is pretty petty), your Mum deserves better . I'm afraid I have no ideas for pressies, I am one of the least imaginative people alive .

LOL @ Snaily and HC. Alfie goes into the lounge at bedtime, he has taken to putting himself to bed in his travelling box. Mind you, it is a different story when MS is away...

Noggy, what a shame that you were not able to make use of the bridal suite. Never mind, I'm sure that Premier Inn will do you proud.

I keep forgetting to say - me too for Secret Santa please.

Gardener arrived on time yesterday and has given us a quote for clearing and taking away. It sounds reasonble so we will see what he can do to get it looking tidier. He suggested leaving the leaves until the New Year and then doing a mega clear-up, which also sounded reasonable.

Coffee/lunch with my friend today, then fizzy-ow this arvo. Friend and I are getting quite excited as we are going to have a couple of days away together next week while MS is in France .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.