working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,461 to 211,480 of 237,129 messages
30/10/2012 at 19:37

Woo Hoo, I'm seem to have got my timing right.  My new bike has increased in price by £300 on the Wiggle website.  That seldom happens to me.

30/10/2012 at 20:06

Chuggy - i have so many "new leafs" that have been disregarded the council have been called to clear them!  But my theory is, its better to start again than never start at all.

oh dear, sounds like DL is being volunteered for something.......again!

had a busy few days here, weekend was in Stoke, started friday with 5hrs stuck on the motorway, but all in all a good weekend.  Mum is doing great, council have put her on the emergency housing list (eventually) as she cant come out of hosptial until she has suitable accommodation.  But I'm hoping that will be soon

Work - crazy busy

running - killing me

swimming - im actually enjoying!

Anyone for coffee?

30/10/2012 at 20:25

aborted getting to M..eldy as I hear she is out with the girls now so heading home again. Will just leave it to the ginger one next time

30/10/2012 at 23:58
The Ginger Pikey Barrista. Latte with attitude :0)

Somebody sneezed on the plane on Friday. My rubbish immune system has succumbed and I'm full of a rotten cold :0(

Jnr and Mini have arrived in Orlando safely which is a relief.

(((( waisters ))))
31/10/2012 at 07:11

Morning all. 

(((((((((Tubbs)))))))))))))

Awww. after all that with your eyes and your thumb you really don't need a bad cold now ( At least you can enjoy hearing about Florida! How are your eyes feeling? Is the new washing and massaging helping? 

Very nice going, Nogs, getting that cycle just before the price went up )))) Every shopper's dream! But I reckon you deserve it, after conquering the Beast!

Westie, I'm sure Meldy will look forward to your attentions in future, don't give up on her

Snaily, what good news about your mum! Really hope they can get her home soon, she must be just desperate to get out of hozzie. But she's making stellar progress now. And thank you for your comforting words about new leaves....I can use them!

New govt programme (in negotiation for 6 weeks between thet 2 parties in the coalition) announced last night. The big shock is that health insurance premiums become income-dependent, so very low earners pay less and people with higher incomes pay more. But for us it's A LOT more...like 3 times more. And since C2 and C3 are still on our policy it's a BIG total increase for four people. But it's prolly right, since someone has to pay for it, and these day low-income people are really tight. 

Anyway, with Snaily's encouraging words ringing in my ears Rossie and I are going to stagger round the block now and see what happens. I fear the worst...!  Happy days all. xx

XB
31/10/2012 at 07:23

Morning.

Bleurgh. We've joined the "dog with a dodgy bum" club. 3 times she had us up last night. I hope she's learned that vegetarian sausages aren't proper fodder for a hound.

Crikey, Chuggs, that is a hike. On a similar subject, I did hear someone on the radio the other day moaning about the loss of their child benefit. She was struggling to make ends meet on over £100k pa. Poor cow.

No running. Still broken. And there's nowt in the kitty for physio so it's wait and see.

31/10/2012 at 07:36
I'm spending a lot of time with the compresses on my eyes Chuggy. Mr tubs says I look better with face covered :0) Eyes aren't quite as sore. But are sore this morning because I've been up half the night sneezing :0(

Jnr and Mini got to the hotel and Mini was straight in the pool :0)

100k XB! Must be shopping in Harrods deli!

Wind and rain. Horses snug in stables. Both dogs bums are behaving thank goodness. Very glad we don't have carpets :0)

*leaves large pot of coffee* those of you with a death wish can try to get the GPO Barrista to serve it. He's commandeered all the biscuits :0)

(((( waisters ))))
31/10/2012 at 08:14

Morning

Off to get my hair done shortly and then will work at home today - well some work and some house stuff

XB wrote (see)

Morning.

Bleurgh. We've joined the "dog with a dodgy bum" club. 3 times she had us up last night. I hope she's learned that vegetarian sausages aren't proper fodder for a hound.

Loving your optimism XB

Apparently our health and fitness and get rid off the excess porkiness regime starts tomorrow......although how Mr P is going to manage it I don't know given the Siberia trip is still on currently so he'll be away and then he's seeing the knee surgeon in a few weeks time and is likely to get knifed..........and if he isn't training then I find it extremely easy to do sweet FA

Oh well - I shall enjoy my potentially last day of sloth to the full then today
Gotta dash but back later

31/10/2012 at 08:16

Morning

Just a quick trip to Norfolk yesterday - a mere 7 hours on the train

Spence wrote (see)

*Some work girlies are coming round to watch the film Calender Girls because we all went to see one of our number in an am dram production a while back I have wine and nipples at the ready

oooerMrs!

ooh look I've shrunk - must have been chilly!

(((((((Tubbs))))))

I heard that programme XB - it amazes me what people actually find to whinge about without realising how they sound

My travel plans have already been decided. OH has booked leave and I know it's in March some time - I'm hoping it's at the end as I would of course skip for joy if I could do Ashby. *waits to be smote by thunderbolt* 

Happy Wednesday Happy Halloween Happy exploding dogs bottoms 

31/10/2012 at 08:28

Morning each.

Self indulgence alert.

I've just checked the official results for the Beast.  

The computer printout at the finish had me down at 5 hrs 44mins.  I hade little idea as my computer wasn't running properly.

I've just checked the official results and I did  - fanfare - 5hrs 13 mins, just 6 mins off my target time.  Bearing in mind my mechanical, wardrobe issues, carp weather and general near death experience in the early stages I am thoroughly elated.

I was 9th in my category and 365 overall (1600 starters, not sure how many finishers)

31/10/2012 at 08:34
Hi all
I have been awol for a long time now so thought I should cal back in!
I have recently moved in with my new partner who is lovely an all is good on that front
My training is none existant unfortunately which is making me depressed. I am still having lots of hip problems. I have had physio, painkillers and steroid injections now an still no joy, back at docs next week. Just joined my local gym but not sure what exercise I should do and feel horribly unfit.
Anyway, thats enough self indulgence! How are you all? I'm not going to attempt to read back the several months worth of posts!!!!
31/10/2012 at 09:01

Woooohoooo! That's not self-indulgence, Your Beastliness, that's proper self-appreciation! The conditions were about as bad as they could be, barring snow, so that result is absolutely and totally brilliant and you bliddy well ought to be chuffed!!!

((((((((XB))))))))

How maddening to be on the bench again. Hope a bit of rest will help. Alas, exploding dog botties do not help at all!! (And if you manage to persuade Bonnie that there is ANY food that's 'not for her'. do tell us how---Rossie will eat ANYTHING if she gets the chance!)  Totally agree, why should people who don't need child benefit get it? Insane. And I didn't mean to complain, we are very lucky compared to most, but the rise means about 800 quid a month more which is a lot. 

DL, what a brilliant OH you have, she's already got your holiday sorted! Means you have something to look forward to all winter as you stare out of train windows)

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

if he isn't training then I find it extremely easy to do sweet FA

Podds, that's a barefaced lie! You have more steely determination re training than anyone else on the planet so if you decide to up your programme, upped it will be, no matter what Mr P is doing!! What is he doing in Siberia, by the way??

Tubbs, sounds like the cold is bad for the eyes, but once that clears they should start to feel quite a lot better. Thank dog someone at least told you what to do! Sounds like a good day for you and the geegees to stay tucked up inside and hear about the mini's fun in Florida. 

Daffs, so glad you managed to take part in the traditional Belgian sport of goat-parading )) One of the colourful threads in life's rich tapestry, eh?

Lurvely trundle with Ross---only 2 miles, but lots more running than I thought I'd manage and it felt really good )) The barefoot stuff really works for me---for the last 4 years running always hurt: feet, shins, back, something. Amazing to feel relaxed and no pain at all ))) Now it's a question of building up again. Time to go shower, Truffie will not be best pleased to lose her lap! Happy days all. xx

31/10/2012 at 09:07

That is brilliant Noggy shows there is plenty of life in the old dog yet Just keep showing the youngsters the way and enjoy your efforts.

Chuggy that is some hike in fees but I do like your attitude to the event.
Didn't know you were on the bench XB hope it was not due to the Scottish air you had or you were running on the beach at St Andrews to "chariots of fire" music.(Have to admit have been tempted to pop over there and jog along the "film" set with the music playing.
Now I have got a confession to make and I am blaming Scott and a few glasses of the water of life

I have entered a Half marathon and have until the 17th March to attempt some sort of training for it.

help me

I may live to regret this then I may not

31/10/2012 at 09:08

Morning

We didn't watch all the film, too busy talking...what a surprise!

wooo hoooo well done Noggin !!

Can't manage on 100k  like to give that a go!!

lol DL nicely quoted there

and whoop whoop on coming to Ashby now we just need Yums!

31/10/2012 at 09:37

ooooh missed you there Westie  woooo how exciting, shame it's so far away  I'd come and join you

31/10/2012 at 10:41

FLIBS!!!! Welcome home, lovely to see you! So glad to hear new partner is good news but boo to the hip, what a drag. But if you've joined a gym, someone there should be able to help you work out an exercise routine that won't hurt the hip but will help you get fit again. Don't stay away just because of that, we've missed you, so pull up a chair, have a coffee and make yourself at home! xxx

Westie, that's fab!!! And knowing you, you'll be in fine shape for a half by March. And this sounds like a lovely route and well managed race. I've pre-programmed the vibe machine already ))

Just saw this on an animal charity site, and thought it was nice. Our cats are ordinary grey moggies, but next time I'll look for a black one!

http://videos.theanimalrescuesite.com/?p=984

31/10/2012 at 10:49

Oh, and this is your TRUE hard core barefoot runner!!!

31/10/2012 at 11:22
I love cats but just don't like it when they bring dead things home!
31/10/2012 at 11:34
Morning. Have relented and seen physio re knee . Phoned him from work Monday and said he has 2 weeks to fix my knee before the half! It's what I suspected. Inflamed it band due to weak glutes. Got set of 4 stretches to do , ice and see him next week.
31/10/2012 at 12:02

Get that butt working Amandax!!

Are you coming to Ashby!?  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.