working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,481 to 211,500 of 235,751 messages
23/10/2012 at 09:31

XB, after that lot your head deserves to hurt.

23/10/2012 at 09:32

Morning

Yums wrote (see)

Podds, you told a very funny story about the Poliss, a doggie poo carpet and your boulder holders - t'was a long, long time ago - before spence was even a twinkle

Crumbs Yum - you've got some memory - I'd completely forgotten about that!!

Or perhaps I just wanted to forget about it - there's probably a code against my name and address now in the police computer warning potential visitors 

XB wrote (see)

I think you'll find that, in the bike world, what goes around comes around.

You could say, a la Friends, that you were on a brake.

Or it was a chain reaction and you're tyred of it all and someone, from the bottom bracket, spoke out of turn and they can just fork off with pedalling such insinuations and having their head set against you. Take some time to get your bearings and don't let them derailleur plans.

My head hurts.

Oh very good XB - best you go back to bed now and have a rest though

And yes Noggs - if you have been putting it around you will get found out and then who knows what revenge the current model could take on you.........at 45mph downhill........ Be afraid, be very afraid 

I'm another light sleeper who wakes at the slightest noise, usually several times a night, whilst Mr P doesn't generally and as he is congenitally deaf in one ear if he has the good ear in the pillow world war 3 would probably pass him by too.............

I was also up at 0130 as the DG decided he needed a garden visit - luckily he's quite good at coming upstairs (if he isn't already on the bed) which is enough to wake me and I can then follow him down and do his bidding.....

Right - need to do some work now Laters all

23/10/2012 at 09:42

Morning all,Oh dear XB you should know better on both counts !
Was up before 5am this morning just woke up and could not get back to sleep so gave in and got up then about 7am went back to bed.
That's the Lad on his way back to Italy this morning after a good visit it's good to see the two brothers having a good time and enjoying each others company. I do know I would not have stood a chance of keeping up with their antcs so glad I just left them to do their own thing.

Hair cut day afetr more coffee

23/10/2012 at 10:02

morning all

Yumms grrrr  your sis does indeed deserve a good slap! as many of us know life is too blinking short to waste on pettiness!

Noggs - Mr FF will be joining you in Movember - I dread to think!

yes please to secret Santa

I have completely lost the charger/cradle for my garmin. have ordered a new one but I can't face running without it

23/10/2012 at 10:45

Morning everyone, sorry haven't read back.

Lovely walk this morning after a solid night's sleep-haven't had one of those for a few weeks now so I was relieved when I woke up and it was daylight outside!

Baking soda bread today, then a quick tidy of the house before landlord inspection this avo.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
23/10/2012 at 11:10

morning all

Yumms - what can I say about your sis - as Jen says, life is so short, she will so regret her actions in time. That anger she's carrying will get heavier and weigh her down more and more as life goes on.

I'm saying nothing about the biking talk 

It's HWMBT's birthday today so I'm taking  him here for lunch, it's a reasonably clear day, so the views should be good.

23/10/2012 at 11:32

Oh Happy Birthday HWMBT  

Looks like a nice venue Dragon Lady - have to day that Swansea seems to have changed a bit since I lived there.............but then I was only about 6 or 7 so that was quite a long time ago 

Hope you both have a lovely day

((Yums)) - nuff said - you know my opinion of your sis' action - in the long run the person she'll hurt most is herself........

Jenni - just go and do it naked  - it won't kill you and you never know you may get a real kick out of back to nature, we do enough clock watching in life in general without having to drag it out running too!!!

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 11:55
Morning world

Still foggy here so me and the fat (fog coloured) one didn't go out but he had a good groom instead and has gone out with Wilbur for a stroll round the field

I may attempt a run but I'm not going with the fast group

I wish I hadn't read back ... That was cringeworthy!!
23/10/2012 at 11:58

happy birthday HWMBT

its a recording of data thing Podds - yes I know its daft! not bothered about times as such

grumpy boss today - he's even refused cake!

23/10/2012 at 12:18

Happy Birthday HWMBT.

I've had my flu jab - I didn't cry BUT I didn't get a lolly either.

I appear to have a terminal case of CBA when it comes to work.

I have an hour or so of 'speed' work top do later.  I'll give the winter hack an airing I think as it's pretty dank and drizzly here.

23/10/2012 at 12:50

LOl XB that made me larf!

Hope the ankle feels better soon

23/10/2012 at 13:15

I  missed the secret santa info, but count me in

Yums, your sis is really annoying!  But you cant change the way she thinks so get on and spoil your ma.  A day trip somewhere nice is always special.

Happy Birthday HWMBT, have a fab day   

23/10/2012 at 13:18

Managed a 2+ mile walk into town without problems however running may be a step too far at the moment.

I have the CBA case as well Noggy about everything

23/10/2012 at 14:30

Happy Birthday HWMBT

I'm heading towards the sofa for a nap so keep the noise down!!

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 17:04

I ran  

Only 40 mins but it was niggle free which is good, concentrate on cadence and form and dont get carried away !!

XB
23/10/2012 at 17:09

Feck. I was hoping for some info on where to buy a cheap rip-off designer handbag.

Good news, Meldy. That's the way to do it.

I think I need a word with myself. I've got to accept that my limitations are limitations and there are no prizes for trying to go beyond.

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 17:16

Exactly ..... just because I 'can' go and run a marathon if I want to doesn't mean it is the right idea at the moment
I am going to keep to under an hour runs this side of christmas and see how it fares .. if all is ok then I will increase, big fish to fry in a little under 30 weeks time  

23/10/2012 at 17:16

Good work Melds.

I've done an hours worth of intervals on the winter hack.

I have a big bowl of chili cooking nicely.

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 17:18

I had yesterdays risotto .... one more to go !!

23/10/2012 at 17:41

Did I mention I was doing a chilli?

Well i just rubbed my eyes but hadn't washed my hands properly.  Now that was a mistake of the XB/4 miles/dodgy ankle proportions.

Time for a name drop.  HL is rooting through the cupboard under the stairs looking for some papers.  She found my missing photo of me and President Clinton.  After 30 years of devoted service to Her Majesty and my country it's the only photo I have of me in uniform.  It was taken in Oxford when he received an honourary degree in his second term.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.