working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,501 to 211,520 of 232,848 messages
23/10/2012 at 17:42

Happy birthday HWMBT - looks a good place for lunch so I hope the weather and views were kind to you.

I'm signing out for a bit - going to see my sister in the morning down on the Dorset Devon border. She phoned this morning to say bring wellies!

23/10/2012 at 17:44

Post the photo Nogs.

A degree in your second term? I had to do three years to get mine!

I've done that with chillies - once had a tiny paper cut on a finger, chilli got in that, so I automatically put my finger in my mouth - mouth on fire! head under cold tap then gasping out of the window!

23/10/2012 at 18:18

Post the photo Nogs!!

Have a fab time Pippi

Well runned Meldy I'm chillin' and running when I want at the mo before maybe getting ready for Ashby.

That reminds me, where's DL!!?

I need an accountant I've gone back 4 months and still can't see how the bank thinks we have more money than I think we do!!

XB
23/10/2012 at 18:54

I'm an accountant and I can help you have less money than you currently have. It's the first thing I was taught.

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 19:12

Is it Kevin night tonight ???

23/10/2012 at 19:14

XB, my accountant has his office above a bookies shop.  I just have this nagging thought that there is a secret back staircase between the two.

I'll scan the photo and see what I can do.  I still need to find the one of me with Courtenay Walsh, that's much more important.  Oxford was quite a surreal place to be in the police.  One week I could play basketball against the Afro Caribbean Club, the next you'd play cricket against the Bullingdon Club.

23/10/2012 at 19:52
M...eldy wrote (see)

Is it Kevin night tonight ???

No!

Tomorrow!

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:00

Thank you  !

23/10/2012 at 20:01

Oh I keep editing my post and it's not happening!?

Good programme on now Channel 4

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:03

Edits are not working at the mo (as you found out) !!

23/10/2012 at 20:12

ahh right, that would explain it!!

and I had to google Coutenay Walsh!

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:14

Did he mind?

23/10/2012 at 20:22

Courtenay was quite scary.  I'm not exactly small, but he towered above me - and was quite 'brooding'.  That was the same day I met Sir Colin Cowdrey and Sir Garfield Sobers.  It was a wonderful day and I can die happy.

I had the job of policing a combined Univesities v West Indies Cricket match at The Parks.  I got paid for it and had one of the great days of my life.

I still can't believe it.

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:45

Bleugh .. back on earlies tomorrow

My car will no doubt embarrass me by taking 3 or 4 goes to get started in the morning and will no doubt wake up all my neighbours 

23/10/2012 at 21:42

ooh, Sluggy, where ya going with yer chum ?  Glad the man reckons he can tame your straggly bush

*waves pippi off* bon voyage - wave to sluggy as you pass through Darset.

Oh XB, you must have been up all night thinking of that. Bless.... And quite right too, M...eldy, going with the fast group is clearly dangerous.

*puts blanky over M...eldy's car and slips in a HWB - not a HWMBT!*

Happy burfdee HWMBT Looks like a fab place to go for a relaxed lunch and fab views. And you're right, I'm sure sis will regret her behaviour at some point but it's rather too late already as she's hurting our olds. I think I've almost passed the point of understanding/caring about sis so whateber point she's trying to make is lost on me.

Farfar, go nekkid as Podds says. Mind you, you're an accountant, you can't help number crunching

Snaily, I'm so glad I don't have a cat!

Noggs, a man in uniform

*thud*

Whatcha having done with your hair, Westie - blue rinse, go faster stripes ??

I plodded to the shop this evening and treated myself to some chokky buttons Just waiting until the boys are in bed......

23/10/2012 at 21:49
People across the road wake us at 6:30 when their taxi arrives and toots... !
23/10/2012 at 21:58

Just toddling through the lounge to make sure everyone is playing nicely and I haven't missed any important developments. 

Happy Birthday, HWMBT! Hope you and the Dragon Lady had a splendid lunch and it stayed clear so you could enjoy the views!

Westie, it must have done Tony no end of good to be back with family. If he put on weight in just a few days, then there's prolly nothing seriously wrong that his mum's cooking and some trips to the pub won't fix )) When will he be back for good? 

LOL at the noctural power plays of the WAISter pets! They do have us all well under control, don't they? 

Have a lovely break, Pippi, enjoy splashing through the puddles!

Oh yes, Nogs, we need to see that photo! And by the sound of it poiice work had its compensations))

((((((((((((((XB's foot and ankle))))))))))))))

Ow, that's a painful way to be reminded, isn't it? Any result yet from the doc on the recent tests? 

Yums, wot everyone says, specially Sue. It's awful to see your sis hurting your parents, but you can't do anything about that, and one day (very probably when it's too late to put things right, alas) she will suddenly realise what she's done. You just keep on a steadu course and have a lovely time with them. (And eat the chokky buttons, obviously!)

Hope you manage to stay awake, Melds. Bad form to snore on the keyboard

Apologies for not reading back more carefully but busy times here, we've had two social lunches and two social dinners in the last 5 days. Tonight we had bread and cheese in blissful silence This is the very last bit of summer: it was 24 today, 25  C tomorrow. After that it will be cold and wet forever. So we are making the most of it. Fab weather for walking in the hills ))) But now I'm falling asleep. xxx

23/10/2012 at 22:17

Evening

gosh I'm impressed Noggs, my only brush with a celeb was meeting Tommy Ball (from cannon and ball) when waiting for a plane to Costa Del Sol (I was about 10!)

Spence and XB you need to get together and but the banks right!  And I may need your services when we have to submit our tax form as we are now landlords and I've no idea what we actually have to do and when!

I've had to have a word with our neighbour again, he likes his music......loud........ at 8am of the weekend, I know its not too early, but when your having a cuppa in bed its really bloody annoying.  He seems ok about it, well my car isnt scratched yet anyway!

I've been swimming and feeling quite chuffed with myself.  40 lengths in 40 mins and I was quite disappointed because i usually do more.  Then I looked up the length of the pool and its only 48 lengths for the mile so i was nearly there    I do miss the private gym pool though, the local pool is a bit run down, but at least it isnt full of kids.

Coffee and bed.  Hopefully up for a run tomorrow morning

24/10/2012 at 07:15

Morning!

24/10/2012 at 07:45

Morning All

I really must suggest to the cleaner that she doesn't feed the boys too many treats......I've been up and down like a yoyo all night with them and their seriously unpleasant "bottom issues"  and they still managed to produce more on the walk which they still wanted at 6am as usual........guess they haven't got to do a full day's work now!

Anyone want brekkies now!

Meeting at 0930 which will require intelligence so a sleepness night wasn't my ideal scenario

Laters

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.