working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,521 to 211,540 of 233,826 messages
M...eldy    pirate
24/10/2012 at 08:11

Morning tribe

My car started nearly ok this morning so saved the embarassment of waking up the neighbours at sparrows fart

24/10/2012 at 08:28

Morning

lucky neighbours Meldy!

ewwww podds, bloody hell though, you have a cleaner!  How posh are you.

Its still like the middle of the night here.  I have learnt a lesson this morning, after a late night swim, the chances of me getting up for a run are zilch!  I slept like the dead.

Loads to do today and I'm on a mission to get it all sorted.

24/10/2012 at 09:10

morning all,

Off to caravan for final visit to complete the emptying think a few charity shops will be doing well over the next few days.
coffee on

24/10/2012 at 09:15

I'd be leaving the mess for the cleaner to clean up Podds!

Bye Westie!

Happy birthday HWMBT for yesterday, hope you had a lovely old time

I'm off to my old university to run a seminar this afternoon. Wibbling slightly, but it'll be nice to get back and have a nosy at the old place!

24/10/2012 at 09:58
Belated happy birthday HWMBT

((( punchy bits and family members)))

2 days to eye hospital and counting

(((Waisters)))
24/10/2012 at 10:07

morning

~~~~~~~~~ Tubbs ~~~~~~~~~ really hope this will give you some improvement!

got me garmin charger and had a little plod yesterday evening and again this morning - I am so much happier when I plod! I'm trying to get in a habit of sending round a few meals for my oldies each week, I know its a big help and makes me feel I'm at least doing something useful

M...eldy    pirate
24/10/2012 at 10:14

That reminds me I need a new HR strap for my Garmin ... may need to keep a nose round eBay

24/10/2012 at 11:17

Morning each.

The cupboard under the stairs is a real treasure trove.  I found a Cycling Weekly from the late 80's. It has in it an article i wrote for them about my troubles with ME.  May prove useful to (help, was it JayHell?)

I'll scan that it later (as well as the piccie I mentioned yesterday)

24/10/2012 at 11:59
Speedy Snaily wrote (see)

bloody hell though, you have a cleaner!  How posh are you.

I use the word "cleaner" in a very loose sense Snaily - she's an elderly lady so doesn't move furniture, get under things etc etc but she does keep the place looking reasonable and the kitchen / bathroom hygienic and more to the point comes at lunchtime twice a week which relieves me of dog duties when Mr P is away...

Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

I am so much happier when I plod! 

You are well wierd 

~~~~Tubbs~~~~~ really really hope that they can do something for you..... 

24/10/2012 at 12:05

Afternoon,

Belated Happy Birthday to WMBT. I hope that he had a lovely day, hat restaurant looks really nice. I'm afraid that I had no internet for most of yesterday so I was't aware that it was an auspicious day.

Noggy, I bet that article really showed how far you have come since the ME days.

I'm afraid I don't have any celeb encounters to recount, I leave that sort of thing to the esteemed Meldy and Noggy.

(((Sorely and poorly peeps))) Tubs, I really hope that someone sorts out your eyes PDQ.

Yums, chum and I are going to Bath for a couple of days. We thought it should be safe as DL no longer lives there . MS suggested it, he feels less guilty about going away himself if I have a jolly too

I have had a lovely, lazy morning. MS switched off his alarm last night so we both slept until about 7.30, then Alfie came up for a cuddle so we dozed together for another couple of hours. It is 'Thursday man' this arvo. Must shift my arris, the lazy morning means that I haven't actually done anything yet .

(((WIN)))

WAISt well xxx

24/10/2012 at 12:06

ps - I meant to say that Pippi will need those wellies, it is very dreich here.

24/10/2012 at 12:55

(((((Tubbs peepers)))))

XB have you been about yours yet!?

Have a nice time Westie

Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

I am so much happier when I plod!

and me!

But I seem to have lost my mojo  I know exactly the reason, cos I'm not working towards anything which is ironic as I was looking forward to just going out when I want!!

back to school at 4 parents evening!

24/10/2012 at 13:02

A nice man with a big delivery van has visited.

He has left a lovely new Moser bike.  I've put the bars on, just the pedals to do.

It's lovely and so light.

Oh, and I've shampooed the carpets at Nog Towers as we have another guest, a Westie called Lola and she has already incurred my wrath.  We also have a hyper spaniel called Boris for the day.

M...eldy    pirate
24/10/2012 at 13:04

Blimey Noggs a new bike and a Westie and Boris .... what circles you move in !!

24/10/2012 at 14:24

Just calculated the gear ratios on the new bike and the good news is that they are within a gnats tadger of my current bikes - just 0.3" difference at the lower end - so I should be able to winch myself over most of the lumpy bits I encounter.

Postie has just turned up with my CO2 inflator.  I'll be a proper bikie soon.

24/10/2012 at 14:40

oooh nice Noggs.......oh and th bike news

I'm waiting for Phil to come and drop his load.

24/10/2012 at 15:03

I have Phil's load on my drive

24/10/2012 at 15:06

Back from caravan or should I now say ex caravan as itis no longer ours. Mrs has taken it well as it was her bolt hole.
I will not use the "C" word but it has come early at the Noggy household .Now all we need is a full size pic of Noggy in lycra astride his new bike punching the air as he tops a mountain

Just wonder if Phil has dropped his load at Pat's place yet

M...eldy    pirate
24/10/2012 at 15:12

Next years Tour route has been announced Noggs .. not seen it yet but I think it visits Alp D'Huez a few times!!

24/10/2012 at 15:56

Just had a quick look Melds.  A double climb of Alpe d'Huez looks jolly, it comes a few days after Ventoux.  Might be a good week to visit Chateau Chuggs.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.