working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,541 to 211,560 of 238,360 messages
02/11/2012 at 09:18

morning

Good grief, Snaily, poor old Snaunty. I am charging the WAISTer vibe machine to meltdown mode so they get her sorted once and for all.

oooer, I have a gryehound helping me type

(((tubbster))) a lot of hard work there so take it easy and keep taking the hot toddies

Awww, love the houndies, Podds - Mind you Santa hoep Santa realises how lazy hounds are or there will be  mucho disappointed children this year.

Cats, dontcha just love 'em when they want to go out at stoopid o'clock.

And thank goodness Houndies seem far to posh to roll in dog doo, fox poo or dead fish.

Noggs, or should I call you your beatliness - I can see Spence is going weak at the knees.

Westie, I love your determination to get the harf done. You're a far better man than me

M...eldy, am glad your Great Expectations were expectorated

DL, do you think you should be on grand designs ? Surely you must have rebuilt your place by now - 3 times over

Sluggy, Bath sounds fab - can you get MS to run away a little more often ?

Well, somehow its Friday already and I need to entertain the kids. Gone are the days when we'd go and play in the park - what do you do with teenagers, swimming, bowling, cinema, tie them to a tree, leave them in their rooms ? Oven and dishwasher arrived - even I couldn't save Comet it seems, so DIY on Sunday with chum and I banged on it with plod club last night. Rock n roll

02/11/2012 at 09:27
Is it possible to get a hangover from a hot toddy? I have a pounding head!

((((Snaunty)))))

Polishes off coffee and leaves another pot :0)

I think Oskar has been watching Fireman Sam. He's whizzing up the bannister uprights then sliding back down again! In between killing loo rolls.

(((( waisters))))
02/11/2012 at 09:29
Morning all
(((~~~snaunty~~~)))
Delivering lil flibs to my sisters today for baby sitting duties and taking a lasagne round that lovely fella has cooked.
02/11/2012 at 09:30

Morning all.

Oh Snaily, what a mixed bag! Cat flap, deffo (tho the cat will forget about it and still yowl for you to let him in, as Heineken is doing right now!). Dawgie also a good plan. Good progress for your mum, but 

((((((((((((((((((((Snaunty))))))))))))))))

Sounds like a pretty big op for a lady who's already had so many. Really hope this one DOES put her right! 

(((((((((((((((((Tubs)))))))))))))))))

That's a truly rotten cold. Just give in, let Mr Tubs take care of you, and get well! 

Nogs, awesome jersey and one you totally deserve!!! A badge of honour in every sense of the term. 

Podds, that's a great photo of the sea! And I do like the idea of you as the WAISter version of Santa's stable-keeper, with houndies instead of reindeer )) Although something tells me even the saint wouldn't be able to drive that team safely!

Melds, do tell what you think of the new Bond. It's one possie for a family outing over the holidays, so I need a full report. 

We too favour cream walls. Until you have to touch up in places and discover the difference between vanilla, ivory, cream, off-white and all the other ones that look the same in the tins but aren't!!!

Sluggie, sounds like a really perfect mini-holiday in Bath. There's good stuff to see, but also I seem to remember a lot of rather seductive tea shops....

Yums, at least you GOT the over and dishwasher, presumably some people have paid for things and won't get them. Well done with the running club but good luck with teenagers. The only thing we found that worked was electronic games. Deprived the boys of all normal social interaction, healthy exercise, improving literature etc but DID keep the peace (most of the time). Confessions of a failed mum....

Up at 7 to go for a run, but Mr C took one look at me in my running gear and said 'You are NOT going out in this weather?' Now, you all know Mr C (he of the 'open window unless temp below -5') so if HE says it's too horrible to go out, you can be sure it is. And it was: pouring and lashing. Core work instead. Maybe I can get out later. 

02/11/2012 at 09:46

Morning all

Fantastic cycle top Noggs - event ones can be a bit dodgy but that looks fantastic.....Do we get a photo of you modelling it when it arrives?

(((Snaunty))) - poor soul, talk about going through the wringer

((Tubbs)) - sounds like you did enough work for 3 before the hot toddy called  

Yes Yums - it is nice, despite having had the most adored labbie in the world in Guttie, to now have slightly more refined dogs........  Earlier this week there was a tiny dead seal pup on the beach and the most the DG did was sniff it a bit and then pee on it - Guttie would have sniffed, pee'd and then rolled most likely 

Sounds like Oskar is a right handful too - I once came home to a whole 12 pack of loo rolls shredded in the front lounge - peach confetti was quite nice but it took forever to get it all up and in the bin.............kept finding bits for days afterwards 

Right - best get on with work - today I seem to be absolutely the only person in school bar one site attendant.........there are usually a few others floating around but not today it seems  will have to see how long I last before terminal boredom sets in........  On the plus site the radio is blaring out at full volume and all the doors are open between rooms and the radiators cranked up to maximum

Laters

02/11/2012 at 10:40

HC loves loo rolls    Its difficult to wipe your bum with the remainder of the roll though!

MrS starts his new job today, induction day with Asda.  He has been offered another job too, so he's going to try Asda for a week and then decide.  Nice place to be in I suppose.  He's still unhappy though, he said so out the blue this morning, I was gutted really as I thought he was settling in.  Well we said we'd give it 12 months and he said he'll just get on with it.  But at the end of 12 months if he's still this unhappy then we'll have to move back to Stoke because it isnt fair on him.  I was ok in stoke, mega stressed but I suppose that was related to the job, but I'm much happier in paignton.  All about compromise I suppose    But I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thank you for listening!

02/11/2012 at 11:56

Oh Snaily

I shall remain  but you should also imagine a "bursting at the seams to be undiplomatic" smiley if there is such a thing

In order however not to burst a la Mr Creosote and make an unholy mess I shall highlight one phrase..... "he said he'll just get on with it" and ask you to ponder on the emotion behind that........

02/11/2012 at 12:20

((((Saunty))))))))))
and Snaily I can only think of doing a Podds a la MrS and as nothing I could say would help your situation (((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))

02/11/2012 at 13:03

I know what your thinking because I'm thinking the same and I'm like this  at home a lot of the time.  Just not sure where its going to take us.

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

I shall highlight one phrase..... "he said he'll just get on with it"

They never do though Podds, thats the problem!!! 

Anyway it isnt going to be resolved yet, so this weekend I've planned a shopping trip tomorrow which includes a walk on the seafront, and Sunday night we're going to a fireworks display (weather permitting). Most important its Bond tomorrow...cant wait!

Just heard the news Snaunty Ops tomorrow.  so charge up the vibe machines!

Cat flap man is coming today to measure up, thank gowd.

02/11/2012 at 13:04
Oh snails, what a situation. You've done everything for entirely the right reasons too.

I'll associate myself entirely with the comments made by my learned friends above.
((()))
02/11/2012 at 13:25

think I may need glasses

Snaily - I read that "flat cap man was coming up to measure" in your last post.......the mind boggles!!!

02/11/2012 at 13:26

morning all

oh Snaily poor Snaunty! hope it all goes well for her

and as for Mr Snail - just hope he gets settled over the year. for some people being away from family and friends takes some time......

busy day for me, and feeling a bit grumpy! going out this evening with  Mr FFs sisters which I'm sure will be fine but feeling a bit CBA!

and NO I do not need any more Jack Russels!!!

02/11/2012 at 13:27

Me too. Wot Podds said, I mean. That's a really tough place to be, so fingers crossed that one or other of the new jobs works out really well and Mr S can start to enjoy Paignton too, 

Podds, LOL at the mental picture of a lounge filled with TWELVE shredded loo rolls....!!! Have to say, Heineken and Truffles are characters, but thankfully they have never discovered loo rolls!

02/11/2012 at 13:40
Mr Snail prefers Stoke to Paigton !!!?
is he barking!?

We would love to move to the coast perhaps when we retire!!

I've been to Tesco, served by "James" who was sniffing, now this wasn't a little "sniff" it was a dragged up from his boots type sniff, so I suggested to customer services that they told him to blow his nose!!!
02/11/2012 at 13:50

Afternoon,

(((Snaily))), it is not much fun if you feel that you cannot voice your thoughts at home  (((Snaunty))) here's hoping that this really will sort things out for her.

(((Tubbs))), hope that you are starting to feel a bit better. Colds are the pits - you feel like death but everyone else treats you as if you have a minor illness (which is true, of course, but no help when you feel like 5h1t)!

Yumms, I have no words of wisdom about rearing teenage boys. The only thing I can say is that most of them do grow into decent human beings eventually.

Chuggs - I would love to be the same sort of 'failed mother' as you. It is great to see how close the Chuglets are to each other and you. BTW, If Mr C said the weather is too nasty to run then I can understand why you stayed inside!

Great looking top, Noggy, you haved earned the right to wear it with pride.

Meldy, do let us know what you think of Bond. I have promised MS that I will go to the cinea to see it with him, although goodness knows when we will get there.

I gave aquagym as miss this morning and had a lovely lie-in. The only drawback was that Tesco was so much busier at 11am than it is at 8am, I was glad to get the shopping finished and get back home.

Alfie has been a right little monkey since we got back - although he is asleep now, looking as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth . We have horizontal bannisters and he loves climbing up the 'safe' side and down the other - I am terrified that he is going to fall. He jumps onto them when he wants to ply or otherwise 'needs' attention. He has not really worked out the cat-flap yet and only wants to use it when it is propped open - letting in the cold air. I hope that HC catches on more quickly!

MS is due back about 11pm tonight. I hve enjoyed a bit of time to myself but will be glad to have him back now (even though Alfie will have to sleep downstairs again).

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

02/11/2012 at 14:25

I live by the sea, Spence Not quite as close as Podds mind but only a mile or so

Oh Snaily, not sure how anyone makes a decision like that.  It would be a real shame if Mr Snail can't settle. I guess he is missing his footie and bloke bonding perhaps? I've not been to stoke but I hear its grim oop norf

Chuggy, I paid by credit card so should have been OK even if my goods didn't turn up. t'is horrible time for anyone in that situation at the moment though.

I hope James was sent home with pay and told to blow his nose, Spence

OOer, Snaily is having her flap measured by a man in a flat cap

I am off to play with my new mower - anyone care to join me ?

02/11/2012 at 15:01

Have you seen my PM Yums !?

02/11/2012 at 17:04
The Scout is heading to dragon land for the weekend
Tomorrow they are walking 15 miles!!?

Thankfully there are check points along the way if they need to bail!!
The boy is saying he's doing the lot, I'd like to think he will but tbh I'm not so sure!!
02/11/2012 at 17:21
(((( snail))) it took us a good while to settle in here. Initial move from Stoke was to Winchester, then Bicester then S Wales. IOM after that! Once I'd got an interest - in my case horses I began to feel more settled but it took a year or do before we stopped talking about moving back. Been here since 1987. Moved for Mr Tubs job so he was already meeting people so to speak. I ended up working at an estate agents, loved the job itself but I wasn't manx and the rest were. I ended up walking out after a year, things got a lot better after that! Jnr and Mini are here which is holding us back from moving elsewhere.mhaving said that where we'd really like to go is Florida, but the logistics of getting all the animals there is frightening and the cost of health insurance would be off he rhicter scale with my eyes. Might sell this place, downsize and get a place out there to specs cape to though :0)

Busy sorting stables. I'd underestimated the length of Megs neck, she'd knocked a cupboard over at some point in the night. I've already had to move all the feed bins - even if she can't reach them from her stable she has a go on her way past! I've got a 24' x 6' area in front of the stables, cupboards and rabbit hutch going backwards and forwards. Think I finally have it how I want it. Still some stuff in the back of the land rover to cram in yet! If Megs knocks anything else over she's going behind bars like Hannibal Lecter!
02/11/2012 at 17:22
Oh, and Alfie back downstairs??!! My money's on Alfie! :0)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.