XB
03/11/2012 at 18:48

Aaaargh...bloody fireworks

03/11/2012 at 18:57
Lovely Xb see you there

And yes soddin fireworks Dots going to lose her bark at this rate
M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 18:59

A fair few going off here luckily GPO not too fazed and he has stayed in at least

The main display round here appears to be on next Friday so I think we have a whole week of it to come !

03/11/2012 at 19:18

I didn't go for a bike ride.  By the time I'd finished my job it was time to do a bit of shopping, then bike shop phoned to say Giant was ready.  They've done an ace job - re cabled, new bottom bracket, all bearings stripped and greased.  

I then went to The Lion for a couple of Guinnesses(Guinni?) and a watch of the rugby.

A few fireworks here too.  Should we mount a campaign to our respective MP's?  I love firework displays but not the mindless snap, crackle and pop of the garden variety set off by the numpty FWits who pollute the world.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 19:22

Where do I sign Noggs ?? !!

03/11/2012 at 19:43

Daffy, I'll be your friend and eat your pizza

Noggs, your Giant sounds as though is really been pampered - are you planning a welcome home ride for it ?

Lovely pasties, XB. I went out and bought 3 tins of assorted beans to follow your recipe. All I need now is an oven/grill

Its the bliddy new year fireworks that get on my tits. When you have young children and they're asleep it scares the bejesus out of them and when you're an old fart and already in bed, it scares the bejesus out of me and the boys sleep through!

03/11/2012 at 19:45

I use this site to keep an eye on ToryBoy, my MP.   I managed to tell the world that he had 13 jobs apart from being an MP at the last election using info from this site.  The Times used it but didn't pay me (B******s)

You can set it up so that you get an email when they get off their arses and do something.  And you can direct your questions/vent your spleen via it too.

If enough people annoy the they often do summat.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 19:52

I shall have a nose in the morning Noggs

I think I shall retire to my boudoir after SCD ... Yums if you wouldn't mind asking the locals to keep their Bangers to themselves thanking you please

03/11/2012 at 19:57

Yums, I've owned the Giant longer than any other road bike - 7or 8 years.  It deserves some tlc.  I can't wait to get on it and see how it feels.

Time for a rant.  HL has SCD on.  Do people really watch this carp?  It's dreadful and aimed at eejits with a room temperature IQ.  I just want to throw the TV through the window.  I've adjourned to the kitchen to avoid confrontation.  It truly is the pits.

03/11/2012 at 19:59

Oooops, x post.  SCD is great and in no way sh1t3, and Bruce Forsyth is the greatest entertainer ever and not really a sad, useless old to55er.

I'll get me coat.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 20:01

Taxi for Noggs   

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 20:03

Let me explain the appeal to me Noggs apart from some very nice bare flesh courtesy of the boys
At the very least it is a group of people who are learning a new skill and performing it, they aren't holed up in a glass house arguing with each other for the world to gawp at .. there is an element of skill

XB
03/11/2012 at 20:04

Good lord and crikey. You've just managed to insult my nearest and dearest. I don't like it at all but both daughters and wife have gained so much pleasure from it over the years.

03/11/2012 at 20:14

Other opinions are available.  I just don't watch TV at the weeknd if I can avoid it.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 20:15

What do you enjoy watching Noggs?

XB ... I may be in your neck of the woods next weekend  

03/11/2012 at 20:56

Evening Honeys I'm home

Dr Daffs wrote (see)

Didn't really make close friends til later, and actually I've still never had a proper close female friend, not one that you hang round with all the time anyway

Me neither Daffs   And I really don't feel the absence either but then although I'll burble on superficially till the cows come home I never share my deepest (darkest?) thoughts so don't need anyone to do so with 

Nog, The Beast. wrote (see)

A few fireworks here too.  Should we mount a campaign to our respective MP's?  I love firework displays but not the mindless snap, crackle and pop of the garden variety set off by the numpty FWits who pollute the world.

Yep I'm with you on this one - Sharkey is scared of fireworks wherever he is and the other two whilst ok'ish in the house won't go out when the banging is going on........

And ROFL   at the fastest recant in the west i.e. Noggy's 180 on SCD following his cross post!!!!!

I like SCD too but unfortunately generally miss it as I'm out swimbling

Talking of which they had us doing butterfly today  it's safe to say that nobody in our lane was any good at it but we all had a real laugh - I suspect however I will be rather stiff and sore in the shoulder department tomorrow!!

03/11/2012 at 21:30

You will, Poidds! Butterfly was my stroke when I was on a swimming team in my teens. Horrible really; since I left the team at 16 I've never had the slightest inclination to do a single stroke of butterfly again! Oh, and I'm with you on the girlie friendie thing. I have friends, some of whom are women, but not 'girlfriends'. I'd certainly never think of going away for a weekend with a bunch of females. Yet some of my friends love it. To each his own. 

Awww, Nogs, sounds like Giant will be as wonderful as ever, only better )))

Don't know about SCD, never watched it. But I take Meldy's point---at least these people do work at it and put some originality into it, too. 

Daffs, I'd bet loadsa money on your getting below 30 mins pretty fast, if that's what you want to do )

Oh Yums, yes, what a milestone: I can embarrass my children! I was out cycling with C2 when we saw some of his friends; and I asked if he minded being seen with his mum. 'Oh no' he said 'the others understand, they've all got mothers too.'  But the one I'm waiting for is some way off yet: they do say there is no revenge as sweet as seeing your kids dealing with their own teenage offspring 

03/11/2012 at 22:07
Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

! I was out cycling with C2 when we saw some of his friends; and I asked if he minded being seen with his mum. 'Oh no' he said 'the others understand, they've all got mothers too.'  

Nice one

Off to bed now with a magazine or two - if not raining tomorrow (and the forecast isn't good unfortunately) will take the pooches to spectate at the Deal 5 where many of my running and tri club mates will be running and marshalling (the race is put on by my tri club!)

Sweet dreams all

See you all tomorrow

04/11/2012 at 01:10
I have danced and danced and danced and danced...
I now have very achy feet and buzzin ears

On the girlfriend thing I have 3 bests 2 of whom you're met H and J and Ruth in NZ they know me better than anyone, all the good and all the bad. I could and have told them everything, they are extremely important to me and i love them dearly. I am a very loyal friend. I Also have some close friends from my new life ie post Mr Spence they know a slightly different me. I can not imagine life without my friends.

Night night !
M...eldy    pirate
04/11/2012 at 07:05

Morning all

Golly Spence that was a late night 

I saw a Barn Owl on the way to work this morning so I am more than happy, what a way to start a Sunday!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.