working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,561 to 211,580 of 234,924 messages
XB
25/10/2012 at 07:19

Morning

I need a holiday. Oh. There's one just around the corner. Edinburgh for the weekend Then the girls are off to London leaving Mrs XB and I to a week of peace. We were going to go on hols but boss man said I couldn't have time off. Twat.

M...eldy    pirate
25/10/2012 at 07:40

Change your boss  

Morning all ... I am at my desk on my 3rd cup of coffee and it is barely light yet

25/10/2012 at 07:59

*stands at the WAISTer bus stop with her bag and bike*

Boo to your boss, XB but kiddy free time is almost like having a holibob

I didn't see GD. My mansion only makes theirs look feeble

(((XB peepers)))

(((westie))) are you having a thing with your gob Doc cos you seem to go to se him a lot

More living the dream for me followed by plod club and then it's the weekend

25/10/2012 at 07:59

*dofts hat*

Morning Maam

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
25/10/2012 at 08:25

morning all 

25/10/2012 at 08:48

Yummy it's only my 6 month dental check up but he don't half fiddle on any way leaving house in 10 mins so time for one more coffee.
play nice

25/10/2012 at 09:00

Pah to not letting you have time off XB Not even like you do the kind of job where people will be seriously injured if you don't go in! I agree with Meldy - time for a new boss

My garden is a hive of bird activity at the minute!

Working at home today thank goodness. 3 days of messing about with trains was quite enough. Mind you, off to Belgium on the train on Saturday so could do witha  rest before that!

25/10/2012 at 09:05
Morning.

Sorry, not read back. Am on a train, have been travelling since 6 am due in just after 10. On my tiny phone, with its tiny screen so will not write much.
Have been to Berlin for a long weekend. It was rather edumacational and a bit sobering but lovely nevertheless.
Yesterday I was in Cardiff, today I will be in Great Yarmouth, tomorrow Norwich. I hope to make it home for the weekend.

So I shall scatter (((())))) ^^^^^^^ no proper vibes available, and a large helping of wooooooo hoooooos.

Happy Thursday one and all
25/10/2012 at 09:49

DL! Long time no see!

Saw a sign in the train station that make me think of you yesterday - tis an East Midlands Trains poster with  big trophy with 'More time on trains than anyone else' on it (of course, it actually says 'more trains on time...') Might get a copy for your bedroom wall

25/10/2012 at 10:28

morning all

choo choo DL

3 miles plodded this morning   and sleeping better for it too

25/10/2012 at 12:57

Anyone seen my mojo?

25/10/2012 at 13:39

its on holiday with mine spence!

25/10/2012 at 13:43

having a bit of a mare of a day, but I'm off up norf for the weekend starting tomorrow to visit.  Staying with SnailyNan which will mean I'm over fed, over talked and counting to 10 a lot.  But I love her!

Have to try to get things undercontrol here first, which is a bit like rounding up cats!

25/10/2012 at 14:22

Ditto

The cats bit not going oop norf for the weekend!

Having had the Head of Drama and the Head of Vocational Learning sign off that all the course details were correct and then done the entries it turns out that they didn't actually mean that course at all....................... 

25/10/2012 at 14:28

Oh and in case you ever wonder about anti-fakebook bias it's because of incidents like the one below - redacted and edited (!) notes from the "on-call" first thing Monday morning.....

.........see we don't educate here, heaven forbid, we do policing, parenting and mediating because heaven forbid they sort it out themselves....

Not the easiest one I've ever had and actually took up two hours to resolve as best I could:

Involved A, B and C Year 8 - B and C’s mothers waiting to see someone at 9.15 following a weekend incident (to do with an invite to a boy's party, BBM/facebook messaging between the girls with C and B allegedly being told by A that they were not welcome at the party - C and B’s mothers went around to see A’s mother and an argument ensued)  Meeting with parents and girls then saw all three girls and D (fringe player) and discussed responsibilities/actions and hopefully resolved. E Year 10 (A’s sister),got herself involved by speaking to B at am break and not happy that B’s mother (and C’s) had been round to see her mother at weekend. 

25/10/2012 at 14:58

Sounds like a Vicky Pollard script Podds.

G'day each, just got back from fave customers having spent the day stump grinding.  That's not a variation on pole dancing BTW.  It flippin' hard work but I have demolished the stumps of 12 trees I cut down last week and creating some space for a bit of garden development.

I also picked up a cheque for some work I did for the parish council.  It'll pay a chunk of the new bike.

Time for a cup of redbush, sort out my Canna's, then a bike ride.

25/10/2012 at 15:49

I'm pretty much with you on @rsebook Podds, you have to be very careful - People making comments about people they work with can cause major issues! I am aware of someone losing their job

M...eldy    pirate
25/10/2012 at 17:33

Evening all

W*rk done with for 2 days, back in on nights on Sunday

That'll do me

25/10/2012 at 18:21

ah, arsebook - you only even have to watch one episode of jezza to see it is the work of the devil - well, the programme is too

LOL at your stump grinding, noggs - stump and grind. I like it

(((DL)))) are you really sure OH doesn't tell your boss how much you like trains ?

Good luck at the weekend, snails

Well the good news is the weekend end is here. And more good news is that my cholesterol is fine. The not so good news is that my BP is elevated so I have to go to my GP. Maybe only a blip but as it has previously been low, the new job and hours may be a factor. The boys dont help and I feel rushe to fit it all in. Plod club tonight - legs still suspect - better dash.......

25/10/2012 at 20:51

evening each.

I've done my last ride before Sundays biggy - 1 hour 20 at tempo.

I have a full shift at fave customers tomorrow, then it'll be van emptying,packing etc.  

I think I'm as ready as I can be - I can do the distance at a decent pace, I can even do local climbs ok.  The unknown is how the number and steepness of the climbs will soften the legs.  5 hours would seem to be a reasonable target time.

I think I have my food and drink intake nailed too.

Can you tell that I'm getting a bit edgy now?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.