working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,561 to 211,580 of 237,430 messages
02/11/2012 at 19:06
Snaily, has Mr Snail had anyone to visit?
M...eldy    pirate
02/11/2012 at 19:41

Oh. My. Word

If you love Bond, go and see it

If you hate Bond, go and see it

02/11/2012 at 19:43

I reckon you're right, Spence, Emess on the sofa and Alfie in the bed - nothing wrong with that And, yes thank you, I have just read your PM. Are you mad ? Nah, don't bother answering that

Florida, Tubbs ? I had no idea you were such a Mickey Mouse fan

Erm, where is Daffy ?

02/11/2012 at 19:44

The boys are taking me to see it on Monday. Have you been dribbling over our Daniel ?

M...eldy    pirate
02/11/2012 at 20:00

Most definitely !!!!

02/11/2012 at 20:10
Poor DD ain't lovin' the fireworks
M...eldy    pirate
02/11/2012 at 20:15

Surprisingly the GPO isn't too bothered .... !!

XB
02/11/2012 at 20:25

Evening

Poor old Mr Snaily. It must be difficult if you feel discombobulated. Time will make a difference and hopefully give him more of a positive view.

Faith can't hear the fireorks over the sound of her snoring and trumping.

The girls are back in town. They seem to have had a good time. I cooked them their favourite tea. I might let you in on the recipe.

I might go and see Bond on Sunday. The girls saw it last night but seem keen to see it again.

XB
02/11/2012 at 20:30

OK here goes

Fry up some onions and garlic until soft

Add a grated carrot and fry for a couple of minutes.

Mix in a Chilli spice mix

Add 3 tins of assorted beans and a tin of tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes.

Get an oven proof dish and spread some of the mixture on the bottom.

Fill 6 tortilla wraps with the mixture and lay them in the dish. Spread more mixture over the top and finish with grated cheese.

Grill until the cheese is melted.

Serve with a salad.

M...eldy    pirate
02/11/2012 at 20:48

It was all going so well until you added chilli !!

XB
02/11/2012 at 20:54

I guess you could add any spice/herbs that you want.

M...eldy    pirate
02/11/2012 at 20:57

Indeed .. it does sound rather nice !

02/11/2012 at 21:28

And you wonder why your family trump the whole time XB!!!!

02/11/2012 at 21:34

Re the moving and settling debate I guess that my childhood wanderings - moving house (and usually by hundreds of miles!) approximately every 18 months until I was 14 - made me pretty adaptable

Yes you leave stuff (and people) behind but rather than looking back and rue-ing (sp?) what you have "lost" I was always taught to look at it as an opportunity to look forward and to do / see / meet / experience the "new" in all forms possible.......

Didn't always come easily - Jane-Ann O'Grady and Marianne ? have a lot to answer for and will never be forgotten - but even in hindsight I wouldn't swap those early years  

It made me a lot more independent and self-sufficient that's for sure as there was always a new challenge round the corner...

02/11/2012 at 22:27
I'm the other side of the apple cart we moved when I was 10 never felt like I fitted in and always vowed once my kids were in school I wouldn't move them. Also I moved a lot in my single life...

Was Mr Snaily as keen as you to move Snaily or was it more your thing? Perhaps if he had friends visit ? Although I can see how this could make him more homesick! :-/.
It's a tricky one and no mistake.
I know where I'd prefer to be!!

I'm thinking of doing a ten miler tomorrow will be my longest run since 'that' race
03/11/2012 at 07:06

Last in first up!!?

Morning

Tis dry out there thankfully and looks like a one pair of gloves type morning

DD is already sitting by the front door!!

Laters

(((((WIN))))))

03/11/2012 at 07:18

Morning. Not quite glove weather here, but not raining so Rossie and I are going to go for a little stagger )

03/11/2012 at 07:32

It's blinkin raining here now  

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 07:37

Had an early frost this morning but luckily by the time 0530 came around it was already starting to thaw and I have got wise to making sure my car points the right way to avoid the worse!

and good morning to you all .... I had very sweet dreams last night 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/11/2012 at 08:11

morning

snot raining here, but it has been and it's about to any minute now by the look of it.

I'm due to be doing a quirky Tri today! quirky cos they are doing it all backward - run/bike/swim! This is 'cos it's indoors and they don't want people dripping all over the gym floor after the swim! should be an interesting experience 

It's a shame about Mr Snaily - I hope he settles soon. I can't say much about it really, I've not exactly moved about much myself. A couple of moves as a child, but all within a few miles, and I've been in this house for over 30 years.

Thoughts and good wishes go to Snaunty, poor thing, 

I'd quite like to see the Bond film, but not really a Bond fan, I don't much like going to the cinema either. Noisy people just irritate me - if they pay to go watch a film, watch the bliddy film and stop nattering 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.