working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,581 to 211,600 of 235,347 messages
M...eldy    pirate
25/10/2012 at 20:55

You will be absolutely fine Noggs .... keep those muscles warm, its going to be a chilly one 

XB
25/10/2012 at 21:03

You'll be just grand Noggs with the Waister wings on your shoulders.

I'm signing off for a weekend of fun in my favourite city. Och aye.

25/10/2012 at 21:42
You'll be fab Nogs
Have fun XB I love Edinburgh
25/10/2012 at 22:14
I tell you what it's amazing any telly or radio programmes were made during my childhood the amount of presenters that are rumoured to be linked with JS!!
Unbelievable !
25/10/2012 at 23:27

Go get 'em Noggs - just don't wear a hole in your trews though like I did last sunday - I've still got the graze / burn to show for it and it won't scab over as it keeps sticking to my skirt when I sit down at work or on the loo !!

You've really targetted this one and I have absolutely every faith you know exactly what you are doing and are fully prepared - anything else is in the lap of the dogs

26/10/2012 at 07:23
Morning all

Good luck Nogs !!

I am doing my half kilomathon Sunday. Hope knee is ok. It finishes by the Olympic white water rafting centre which I am looking forward to seeing

It was run club AGM last night and one of my group got picked out for a club place in London!! I keep looking at MK as its local ish and sounds ok. Only in its second year. It's just over 2 weeks after London so I could train with my friend ......

Joys of asda this morning, meeting with bank lunchtime then prob catch up with few jobs.
26/10/2012 at 07:43

Just racing through quickly, back later, but wanted to say:

~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOD LUCK AT THE EYE HOSPITAL, TUBS!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amandax, training with your friend? sounds like a plan!! ))))))

Nogs, I presume we will have a chance to send proper vibes later today (after you've enjoyed playing at fave customer's) but the vibe machine has been switched on, checked, and is now humming in 'ready' mode. 

Happy days all! xxx

26/10/2012 at 07:45

Morning each,

Ta for the encouragement,

Have a good break XB.  I've not been to Edinburgh since Jnr was a nipper - probably 1977. 

Have a good plod Amanda - for a dullard like me you'd better say what a half kilomara is.

Podds, thanks for sharing the 'non scab' story

Coffee?

26/10/2012 at 08:00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUBBS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooh does Meldy know you're doing MK with her Amandax

Not sure about doing Ashby, don't think I can be arsed to train through the winter

XB
26/10/2012 at 08:05

Hmmm...you don't need to train specifically. Just do a longish run every 3 weeks. You're then working at maintaining a regular fitness level rather than letting go then building up again. I work on the basis that as long as I do approx 25 miles per week and one long run every now and then, I can complete a marathon. It might not be ideal.

I can't decide whether to pack running gear.

Good luck for Sunday Noggs and Amanda

26/10/2012 at 08:14
Nogs it's 13.1 k rather than 13.1 miles
26/10/2012 at 08:31
Morning.

I've been cleaning maggots out of our bin ewwwwww

Run. Then cat is going on his hols

Good luck noggs. Have a great weekend everyone
26/10/2012 at 08:35

Morning All

~~~~~Tubs~~~~~~~~

I have to say that this morning's walk was not nice in our little corner - wet and wildly windy..... the DG did his business and turned for home and was most disgruntled when he realised we had to wait until the other 2 had "performed" as well before we could go home 

Yuck Snaily - whaddya been putting in your bin? 

Happy Fridays one and all - back later

26/10/2012 at 08:42

Hope it goes well Tubs.

Ta for that Amanda.  My simple brain was try to work out why you'd do a half mara but measure it in Kms instead of miles,  To be fair I hadn't had my coffee by then.

Chuggs, I'll be about later today and tomorrow.  I'll be on GD duty most of tomorrow and leave late afternoon for the delights of my Premier Inn in Bridgewater.  I'll have my phone so will be able to keep up with the thread.

Time to get off to work.

Later

26/10/2012 at 09:08

Morning all,
(((((((((((Tubbs)))))))))))))))))))

Have a good trip up to Edinburgh XB you could pop along and do the park run sat morning. Noggy have a good one this weekend remember Bridgenorth from my square bashing days .
Thought mr Snaily had taken up fishing and started breeding his maggots.

Just a weather warning it is very dry and bright up this way BUT very cold with an Arctic wind so wrap up well XB.

26/10/2012 at 10:10

Morning all

pompomoms out at the weekend I see!

Love your strategy of just maintaining fitness XB rather than training for specific events. Not sure I'll be managing 25 miles a week myself mind you - I barely managed that in a month even while 'training' for the marathon

Mother wants to buy me and my sister a commemorative race photo. I've told her it's a complete waste of money, but she insists (especially since there isn't a proper one of us at the end). I've picked one with both of us in, plus the lovely cycling man, and the pesky sweep bus at the back Should remind me of the day fairly accurately I think!

Onwards...

26/10/2012 at 10:29
Dr Daffs wrote (see)

Love your strategy of just maintaining fitness XB rather than training for specific events. Not sure I'll be managing 25 miles a week myself mind you - I barely managed that in a month even while 'training' for the marathon

That for me is the beauty of a club as you're not always following a plan, you just join the club runs and "run for fun" although obviously in my case there isn't much fun in it - but it's a very easy way of maintaining fitness without having to plan every step and motivate yourself only for you.....and the more you go the more sociable it becomes so the more likely you are to go........

Oops - meeting time - best disappear

Laters

26/10/2012 at 11:28

morning all

~~~~~~~~~~Tubbs~~~~~~~~

pompoms on vibe for Noggs

I'm a non specific traiber too - since my first 1/2 mara I've stayed in the habit of doing a long run on a Saturday of at least 10 miles. then its easy to build up if theres a longer event coming up. and a couple of hours fresh air and plodding at the weekend is my me-time

26/10/2012 at 12:39

Aha - a club, of course! Trouble with me is I do too many extra-curricular activities to make yet another one of them a regular more than once a week thing every week... (and I'm bone idle) Perhaps parkrun and the ad hoc women's running group on a Thursday night might suit...

26/10/2012 at 13:23

Doesn't have to be more than once a week Daffs - just because you're a member doesn't mean you have to turn up to all sessions - crumbs if I turned up to all my running club and tri club sessions I'd be a) dead and b) jobless

If I make once a week to each that's good going for me  but if that once a week your parting shot is "see you next week" it's a bit of an extra nudge that next week

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.