working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,581 to 211,600 of 236,758 messages
03/11/2012 at 08:16

Morning

Raining here and I'm a sissy so gloves from October to May.

Bless DD, she's so thoughtful being ready and waiting to ensure you don't miss your run, Spence - you only need one look from her eyes

I bet you had sweet dreams, M...eldy. I wonder whether Daniel Craig had nightmares though

Walked dawg. Arrived home to find boys arguing. Joy. Hopefully the tazer I ordered will arrive soon

Like the sound of your recipe, XB not sure your neighbours do though

I plan to cycle to meditation today and home via the cake shoppe

03/11/2012 at 08:20

X post, Sue. A totally indoor tri does sound quirky. Let me knwo when they do the one where I don't have to even get out of bed  Is it a sprint distance - surely not an ironman

03/11/2012 at 08:42

OOooh have a good time tri-ing Sue!

I'm off parkrunning, if I can ever get my backside out the door that is!

03/11/2012 at 08:44

GO GO DRAGON!!

Well DD and I have done the grand total of 3:5 miles  it's hammering out there and as I don't have to do 10 I thought sod it.....the time is soon approaching when I'll have to .....

and it is a two-layer-glove day  already!!

XB
03/11/2012 at 08:48

Morning

4.5 gentle miles d&d. No rain but I had my winter mittens on. Legs still not right but it's getting better.

As long as I'm with Mrs XB and the kiddies and there's a place to run, I could live anywhere.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 09:10

I think I live at work   

03/11/2012 at 09:36
Go go Dragon :0)

It's sunny and chilly here. Megs is not pleased I have clipped her, though she's tucked up in two quilted rugs, with a hood :0) I'm not the best at clipping, she still has hairy armpits and furry bosoms :0) My friend is coming round later to make her look presentable :0) She loves being clipped, didn't even bother to put a head collar on her :0)

((((( waisters ))))
03/11/2012 at 10:08

GO GO GO DRAGON LADY!

Let us know how the reverse tri goes---sounds like of interesting!

Enjoy your parkrun, Daffs. How's your sister's foot now, BTW? 

Like Sue, I'm not a big Bond fan but it might be fun when everyone is home. I'm not good with violence: I tell myself this is something that never happened to people who don't exist, but you don't want to get inside the story, what's the point? I'm the one in the family with a viewing age of 7.... wimp. 

Oh Tubs, good for Meg! all girls love a haircut, right? How's the cold now? 

Yums, meditation + cake shop sounds like a good day ))

Spence, 3.5 miles in cold and wet gets you a gold medal to start the day!

XB, good news on the leg. And I reckon your attitude about home must be the right one. 

I'm a homebody, don't like moving. When we got our family house in Surrey (in 1986) we thought we'd stay there forever and I loved that idea. Life just hasn't worked out that way. Sometimes I miss the familiar things(songs, sayings, jokes, holidays, treats) but I've been so lucky to be able to see so much, And like XB says, if Mr C and the Chuglets are there, it's home. 

03/11/2012 at 10:19
Ahh XB that's lovely

I'm with you Chuggs can't watch anything violent either 'Police 5' frightened me as a child!!

Happy park running Daffs!

I'm keeping a VERY low profile Mr Spence is having extension problems and is close to throwing in the towel....which would mean at least 2k down the toilet....and a load of steel we don't need! So I'm keeping it zipped !!!!

Which is very difficult!!!!!
03/11/2012 at 10:19

That's what my face looks like this morning

I appear to have just knocked about 2 mins off my 5k PB

Quite impressive, considering I was still locking my bike up when they shouted go...

03/11/2012 at 10:26

Oh, and chuggs, thanks for asking about sister's foot - situation is pretty much

'3 weeks ago - "Your foot's broken", 2 weeks ago - "your foot isn't broken", Thursday - "oh wait, maybe it is, here wear this fetching moon boot for 4 weeks while we decide". (she's got another scan at the fracture clinic in 4 weeks)

Quite ridiculous really - she's proper annoyed she can't run!

03/11/2012 at 10:32

Good Lord, Daffs---how confusing for your sis! I would assume you treat it differently if it IS broken or if it ISN'T, so you'd think they'd make up their minds!!!! Hope she isn't in pain, at least. And well done on that PB---of course, as a bona fide medalled marathonner, you naturally toss off 5 k's with a disdainful laugh these days))))

Rossie and I did 5 k this morning, by the way. r2/w1 and very slow, but I'm still amazed that I can run and nothing hurts )))) 

03/11/2012 at 10:47

By the time they finally decide it'll be about 9 weeks since she did it I think - quite ludicrous!

I'm not sure about tossing it off with a disdainful laugh... more like a bright red face and a lot of puffing and panting

Oh, and can I point out, this

www.speculoosspread.com

which i brought back from Belgium, is the nicest thing EVER, and I wish I'd brough about 17 jars. Biscuits on toast

03/11/2012 at 10:48
Woo hoo Daffs
Crikey that's a worry about your sisters foot!!

And we'll run Chuggs
Brightening up here now typical!!
03/11/2012 at 10:58

GO GO DRAGON!!

Well DD and I have done the grand total of 3:5 miles  it's hammering out there and as I don't have to do 10 I thought sod it.....the time is soon approaching when I'll have to .....

and it is a two-layer-glove day  already!!

03/11/2012 at 11:00

Oh oops sorry!! must be the ipod !?

I've just been to pick up daught from dance...half hour early  had to come back...that's Mr spence stressing me out !

03/11/2012 at 11:01
Morning each.

I appear to be working in Thame. It's a business unit and can only be done at a weekend.

Go Sue and well done Daffs.

I may chance a spin out on the new love of my life later. If it stays dry, they sweep the roads a fill the potholes.

Best get back to it.
03/11/2012 at 11:31

33.21 apparently That's a PB by 2 mins and 51 seconds Since I believe olympic athletes celebrate when they knock a second or two off theirs, I think I am entited to a large celebration!

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 11:55

Well done Daffs  

03/11/2012 at 12:50

Can I have the 0000 as a celebration prize please

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.