working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,581 to 211,600 of 243,228 messages
04/11/2012 at 07:38
Morning.
Ended up on work yesterday pm which threw plans out a bit.
Going to test out the knee/ ITB this morning. Physio said 8 and one of friends with a niggle is aiming for that too. Have tried to do stretches but time had been a problem.

I'm with you on friends front spence. I have 4 very close , all from different areas of my life . One I have only known since I started running but we just get on fab.

It sounds wet out. Am trying to avoid checking but suppose its not going to go away

Right need tea. Anyone else?
04/11/2012 at 08:30

Morning. It's not quite horrible here yet, but is about to be: warning of high winds and heavy rain all day. Glad I got in 3 miles yesterday (AND IT STILL DOESN'T HURT! --- this is truly a revelation.) 

What a magical way to start your day, Melds ))) Hope it's a nice quiet one, for all possible reasons. 

Spence, you sound like a fab friend to have ) I have three very old friends, as you say from different times and places, who are very important to me, but not really the 'I could tell them anything' variety. I think Podds and I are just not confiding souls 

About to go off to sing---hooray! I do love getting back to a good choir. And I have stashed a book in my choir folder to read during the sermon -- better for everyone that way 

04/11/2012 at 08:43

morning

And a fab way to start the day indeed, M...eldy. I'm not feeling the love so much though as despite putting on our coats and hats, Mrs Dawg and me got pretty wet

*wonders how many changes of clothes there will have been by the end of today*

Mind that knee Amandax, eight would be great but if it's complaining you have a permission note from me to cut it short.

Podds, I'm guessing your weather is like mine. It would be cruel to takle those poor, sweet boys out to spectate

LOL at C2, Chuggs Sometimes  I see Mini no 2 walking home with this friends, so I cycle up behind them and call across' woo hoo, Pumpkin' and wave Oddly enough, his friends laugh and he tries to ignore me.

On the friends score, I never really had any close friends when I was younger and my parents weren't/aren't big on friends. I seem to have work friends who I've know years but don't really see outside of work - only one of whom knows the good, the bad and the ugly me. Outside of work it's only recently that I seem to be making better friendships. We talk openly and have each others best interests at heart. And shock horror, one is a man! I do have a fair few acquaintences though. Almost like a dart board of friendships - a very small inner circle.

And of course there are my WAISter chums. All hugely supportive and shown great kindness even though I have only met them a few times in real life and one of the most suportive I've never met. Friendship is a funny thing

And then there's M...eldy  And now you're going to hate me.... who has been behind some of the collective acts of kindness and she lent me her pie rat top and buff and even lets me walk 3 steps behind her

Edited: 04/11/2012 at 08:45
04/11/2012 at 08:47

norty Chuggy - reading during the sermon   A good heart sing is theraputic - except for my audience

Edited typos so my post made sense...welll....

04/11/2012 at 09:21

Morning all, Well it's -1c outside but looks great, clear sky,white with frost and the winter sun reflecting off the ice. Yup central heating on full blast lol

not running today but well done Chuggy and good news about lack of post jog problems

COFFEE TIME

M...eldy    pirate
04/11/2012 at 09:34

3 steps ??!!!!    I told you 5  

04/11/2012 at 09:36
I'm still in bed!

What late night, the dancing hassle my leg a bit ouchy

If someone could bring up some tea and toast that would be grand

Careful with that knee Amanadax
04/11/2012 at 09:37
'Hassle' that's the iPod for you should read 'has made'
04/11/2012 at 11:38

Happy Sunday.

Wild and windswept here. I decided not to venture outside this morning. Warm and cosy in here. Mr L is wallpapering now, so I am still banned from the bedroom. At least anything that goes wrong cannot by MY fault that way

Its good to hear you are still barefoot Chuggs. Are you completely shunning footwear or wearing minimal covering?

Yums - where is your plod club and how is the ITB/knee these days?  And as for embarrasing the teens, its great fun isn't it?

I had a day of seeing friends that I haven't managed to catch up with in a while yesterday, which was lovely, A relaxing day today is in order.

Snaily - Everything crossed for Snaunty. And its good news that your Mum is getting her housing sorted.

I'd better go and peel some spuds.

Edited: 04/11/2012 at 11:44
04/11/2012 at 11:46
I'm still in bed

We've been waiting for daught to go out
04/11/2012 at 12:14
And still in bed !

Just waiting on a fried egg sarni to be delivered !
04/11/2012 at 12:32

I am on my way spence but its a bliddy long way!

Is it cold in the Trossachs, westie ?

Larry, there's always something that aches like it shouldn't when I run but I seem to be managing byu keeping it short and irregular. The plod club is Rochford Running Club  -  pretty new but enthusiastic and doingntheir best to cater for beginners/no hopers like me - you tempted when you're up to it?

04/11/2012 at 12:35
Mr Spence beat you to it Yums

Guess I should get up at some point!!
04/11/2012 at 12:46
We did 6. It was horrible, rainy and windy with flooded roads . I am still cold. And knee not great.

B*llox
04/11/2012 at 13:05

That was quick spence - half an hour between waiting for daughter to go out and getting an egg butty? Don't think I've ever managed it so fast

M...eldy    pirate
04/11/2012 at 14:21

I am making a start on my christmas present list ...

Ahaaa talking of which, WAISTer Santa, I have no idea really who is in and who is out, I will email everyone who took part last year to see if they want to play this year and if any newbies are reading and want to play as well then message me via here and I will let you know what I need

04/11/2012 at 14:31

*hops excitedly*

I'm in, I'm in

it is indeed orrible out there Mandax. Sorry the knee is being a pain

Daffy, you're quite right. Buddha says, smile, go slowly - guess spence's egg butty was a quickie - not to be confused with a quiche of course.

I decided to unblock my slow draining bathroom sink. I wielded my plunger with such effectiveness that 15 years of black gunge spewed out the overflow hole and onto my clothes - eeewwwww

04/11/2012 at 15:00

I'm in I'm in

Daffs, it kicked off before she left

Could do with a bit of WAISTer muscle here, as a workmans mate I aint all that !!

04/11/2012 at 17:12

Afternoon,

Oooh, me too for Secret Santa please .

Yuk, that sounds thoroughly unpleasant Yumms .

Daffs, you will easily get sub 30 for your 5k if you choose to work at it a bit.

Sounds like a good run for you Westie - and for Scott.

(((Amandax))) take care of that knee.

No sympathy for Spence cos her sorely knee is self inflicted

Pasties sound scrummy XB, I am on my way.

Larry! It is lovely to see you again . How are things going?

We have had a pretty quiet day, even though the weather has been nice. We went and got a duvet cover, lightshade and 2 cushions for the spare bedroom and I am pleased with the way it looks - even though I had to fight for the cushions a MS couldn't get the concept of putting them on a bed as well as  pillows.

I enjoy SCS. It is gentle entertainment and not even Craig Revel Horrid is really nasty to people these days.

SM is coming round this evening and bringing a chinese takeaway with her, so I have got a nice toffee pavlova 'in case' anyone wants pud. And now it is Sunday evening again already - it still comes round too quickly but at least I am not as miserable these days as I am not working. Speaking of work, I bumped into one of my old patients today and he was very distressed to see me walking with a crutch. I had to reassure him that it really is OK - which is very sweet when you realise that he is paraplegic!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/11/2012 at 17:32

afternoon

something of a lazy day here also - walked the muppets as usual this morning with my mad friend, we were lucky with the weather, it stayed reasonably dry for  us.

I had intended going for a run, but I was tempted to a bead fair (and spent more money than I should have ), then it was time to cook dinner, so I've spent the afternoon watching old films and sewing.

It's pretty grim out there now!

Me for santa if you please  

I quite enjoy SCD, certainly this year, I got bored and stopped watching last year, it's a bit of harmless and mindless entertainment - I just love the athleticism of the dancers and seeing the 'celebs' develop over the weeks, it makes me think that even I could perhaps dance with my two left feet and total lack of coordination!

Back to the sewing................

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.