working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,601 to 211,620 of 234,999 messages
26/10/2012 at 13:29

Good point indeed Podds Definitely think the Smiley Paces one is the one for me as it (a) has a good name (b) is closest to my house (c) has a beginners group and (d) is free

Just need to pull finger out and actually get there now!

26/10/2012 at 14:03
Morning ?!

Have set vibe machine to wheely fast for you Noggin
My aim is always to keep fitness levels up by maintaining regular long and short runs. Hence the reason that I find myself with a half marathon on December the 9th and a sum total of zero runs for the past month. Oops.

I would appear to be on a train again. This time with half the population of England. It would appear to be the joy of half term.

Once again on the teeny tiny phone so apologies for brevity
26/10/2012 at 14:28
Ah DL, the joy of traveling with the riff raff. If only you you were a politician.
Winter training for me will in theory be LSD- Long steady distances.
Zones 2 and 3 will become very familiar.

I guess there are many similarities between cycling and running winter plans.

Nearly done for the day here.

Whoopee.
26/10/2012 at 14:34
I hope they aren't all on the train to Devon. Tell em to go home cuz it's going to rain!

I loved my running club, I've seen club runners around here but not sure I'm at a level to join yet. But the good news is I lost another 2lb. My weight management nurse today was quite over weight. Not sure if that's supposed to be a motivating factor !

The bin maggots were the result of a pressie from one of the neighbours cats who left us a dead pigeon outside the door a few days ago.

Right going to pack then we join the m5/m6 car park.

Play nice
26/10/2012 at 15:15
Let's add the joy of a nissed connection to the mix shall we? Hoorah and falderee

May all your trips be trouble free.
26/10/2012 at 15:56

Mine better had be as I'm only going 5 miles up the road - sorry DL 

And I'm going to slope off early as when the Exec Head is in on a Friday he, the head, the head's PA and the senior admin lady have a "meeting" behind closed doors......it's very rude and very unhelpful for everyone else..........so I don't see why I should hang around!!!!

26/10/2012 at 16:47

Quite agree about the club Podds (whodda thought it   ) unfortunately it just doesn't fit with Mr Spence new job & kids atm   Hopefully in a couple of years.

I really have lost my mojo  the boy & I are doing the Parkrun hopefully in the morning....I need to fit in a 10 miler at some point during the week.

Which half are you doing DL?

26/10/2012 at 16:54

You shouldn't, Podds! You deffo have better things to do! (Like go apologise to the DG for making him stay out this morning

Awww, XB, sorry I missed you this morning but have a fab time in Edinburgh. It's a great city, I lived there for 2 years and will always love it. 

Daffs, those four things make your choice of running club totally obvious )))))

(((((((((((((((((DL)))))))))))))))

At some point you will find that nothing ever goes wrong for you again, you're using up a lifetime's worth of bad luck these days!

I hugely admire all of you who are organised and disciplined enough to train steadily (even if it's 'only' 25 miles a week!!). I am resolving---yet again---to get back to regular chugging once we get back to NL, Down here I can usually fit in some good walks, but at least in the summer it's just too hot.

Nogs! Although I forgot it this morning, I DID see a reference a day or two back to a possible visit to Chateau Chuggs???  I raced off to look at the TdF site, but it's not quite so hopeful as the only thing that goes anywhere near is is the airplane that seems to ferry them from the Pyranees to Brittany  and it will presumably be at about 25,000 feet above ground.... ;-(( Huge pity, cos about 5 years ago the Tour went right down the road 6 km from here. We all went to watch since Boogard was in the peleton, the two male Chuglets (already both around 6'4") in bright orange shirts; I videoed it as they passed, and as he zoomed by we could hear him say 'Hoi, Nederlanders!' The Chuglets weren't half made up!

26/10/2012 at 17:10
Afternoon. Well turned out to be good day. Tackled asda quite early. Home then meeting at the bank.
Called in at our new local pool / sports village which was being officially opened by duke of Kent. He was ok but the afternoon highlight was meeting johnny peacock ! He was lovely, had my photo with him and youngest got an autograph. He has had surgery recently and still had leg in plaster. He was there ages and spent lot if time with the kids.
It is a good facility, Olympic size pool, 10 m diving boards etc.
26/10/2012 at 17:38

Chuggs, it was an aspiration, I realised that, sadly, the tour was not routed through your front garden or, indeed, anywhere near you.  I am tempted to visit France in mid July and watch a couple of stages then ride the Ventoux - maybe some others too.

Who is Johnny Peacock?

Our weekend has taken a turn.  Stupid parents of GD are  being twunts, so our input over the wekend is reduced.  It actually makes things far simpler for us but Amelia may miss out knowing those two vacant f***wits.

Enough of that, the babe magnet - otherwise known as my white van- has been emptied of kit and the bike installed.

Off to open a bottle of red.

26/10/2012 at 17:47
Johnny peacock is Paralympic 100 m gold medal winner.
M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 17:52

I have been having recent TdeF conversations too with regards a spot of spectating & cycling ... 100th anniversary and hopefully the beginning of a new age for the Tour

Evening to all

I have swum and run and cooked ones tea

26/10/2012 at 18:04

Haven't you cooked my tea too Meldy?

Poor GD Noggs How disappointing

Question for the afternoon -  Why is that the more crap you are, the less work you have to do?

26/10/2012 at 18:08

Bu88er, just lost a post.

I've just seen next years Etape and.......

........I'm going to put my name in the frame.

it's the 7th July and based at Annecy.

Melds, maybe my people should get their people to talk to your people about a culteral/fact finding visit?.

I reckon HL would be up for a week or so of partying if not cycling.

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:15

I am going to be quite restricted sadly Noggs as I dont think I have many hours leave left, the plan is to hopefully cycle over on ferry to the Northern sections but I have yet to study the routes

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:18

Oh .. friend Sue and I were discussing after swimming when we can go and see Mr Bond on the big screen, I just cant wait to go and see it .. anyway, O2 customers get various discounts and what have you so we were looking to see if we could get a deal and whilst perusing noticed that Great Expectations is on at the new Aylesbury Waterside theatre this week and its a BOGOF deal so we are going !!!   I am almost as excited as seeing Mr Bond, I love the story and the film and I hope the stage does it justice, for those that remember, Burnside from The Bill is playing Magwitch which I think is a brilliant choice !!
and we are going on WEDNESDAY  

26/10/2012 at 18:19

ahh poor GD

26/10/2012 at 18:37

DD is growling at the chimney !?

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:50

Mad dog .... cant think why 

M...eldy    pirate
26/10/2012 at 18:50

I had to wear gloves to run earlier ... flipppin chilly out there I tell you!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.