Thank you. That'll be £240.

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 14:21

Lol ... I just saw the 900  

Cheque's in the post

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/11/2012 at 14:21

I'm home 

Not the best performance, but I really don't like running on a dreadmill, even if it is only 2.5K! Bike wasn't tooooo shabby, I fitted in around the average for the time. 

I really really have to work on my swim  - although I did marginally better than the last Tri a couple of months ago.

Well done Daffs, you celebrate girl, and we'll keep the 0000's just for you, won't we gang ?

03/11/2012 at 14:24

Well done Daffs

Spence wrote (see)
I'm the other side of the apple cart we moved when I was 10 never felt like I fitted in and always vowed once my kids were in school I wouldn't move them. 

Moving schools meant I never fitted in anywhere - but then I still don't really fit in anywhere - I guess it's just the fact that I find humankind rather offputting, stress making and difficult to understand and deal with most of the time (with notable exceptions of course) and would really far far rather spend my time with animals....

On the other hand my breadth of education was far greater than most other kids of my age as I kept on having to deal with new syllabusses (syllabi?) in every new school and sometimes with completely new subjects and although challenging it certainly stretched and filled my brain cells..............

03/11/2012 at 14:27

Woohoo Dragon lady - you snuck in there (in a speedy triafferlete kind of way) when I wasn't looking

Great going and sounds like fun...........and although I can quite see they don't want swim drips on their bikes I'm not entirely convinced about sweaty bodies all jumping in the pool for the last leg either....................

And of course we'll keep the 0000 for Super Speedy Dr Daffs  (SSDD)

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 14:33

Will we hell ... she can fight for it like everyone else  

well done that Dragon Lady  !!

03/11/2012 at 14:39

Perhaps if you hadn't moved about you would have fitted in and humankind wouldn't have made you so stressed?

I've always wanted my kids to have firm, solid friendships, ones that will help them through teenage years and whatever struggles they may face in the future thankfully they both have that

M...eldy    pirate
03/11/2012 at 14:43

I moved around a lot and a I am normal   

03/11/2012 at 14:49

and I guess that comes from losing my mum at a young age, life's ups and downs are better with solid friendships

03/11/2012 at 14:51
M...eldy wrote (see)

I moved around a lot and a I am normal   

03/11/2012 at 15:31

Yes you are very normal Meldy

Spence - wouldn't have thought so - I never liked people much from the day I was born........pushed my brother down the stairs when we both only small kids for example and no it wasn't just one of those things - I meant it

To have good friends you have to open yourself up to people and I don't think whether you do that or not is entirely up to how you are brought up or your family circs but something far more deep seated in your pysche

anyway - enough of the philosophy - I have to go swimbling

03/11/2012 at 15:40

Well done my dragon friend I did wonder how an indoor Tri would work .

still qite a nice day up here if not a little cold had to look out for frozen puddles on my run earlyer. Got brave and headed up the hill to the Lomonds but only did 4 miles (2miles out & Back). After about 1.5 mile on the hill I heard Scott coming up the road "Nice one dad well done" he remarked as he left me for dead on the hill and he was not even breathing heavy.Anyway I beat him home but maybe that's because he did 17 miles to my 4
Oops nearly forgot well done Daffs on 33 mins 5k I take it that your next half marathon will be about 2hr 15 mins

03/11/2012 at 15:43

Well done on the nice new PB Daffs - and well triaferloned Dragon Lady.

We stayed in the same area all throughtout my formative years - and there is no-one I have ever wanted to remain in contact with from those days. In fact, I have not kept in touch with anyone I have ever worked with either.

Tubbs, you would have lost your bet. Alfie sleeps downstairs when MS is here, it is the one rule that is pretty much unbreakable.

Meldy, I'm glad that you enjoyed SkyFall. We thought we might go this weekend but couldn't get seats to our liking (end o the back row) so will have another look next week. We are out for dinner this evening as an early birthday celebration for MS and SM is coming round tomorrow evening.

It was lovely and sunny this morning, albeit a tad chilly, but the light has gone now. Alfie watched the fireworks from the window ledge yesterday, he seemed happier when he could see what was going on, so I will make sure he can do the same while we are out.

WAIST well xxx

03/11/2012 at 16:58

Mr C is with MS: no cats on the bed. Ever. And I'm like you, Sluggie: as a kid I only moved once, but I haven't stayed in touch with any of the people I knew then. Podds is very likely right, and quite a lot of this is down to your basic personality. 

Westie, 4 miles is good going, especially as I imagine they weren't flat! And good on Scott, too---fancy just popping out for a quick, hilly 17 miles!!!

Sounds like an excellent performance, Sue! Tho I too wondered about jumping into a pool full of sweaty triathletes 

Daffs, I've just checked and I can get that spread for you any time you want in my local shop: smooth or crunchy versions available, or alternatively you can get it in the form of sprinkles that you put onto buttered bread or toast. (Which comes out a bit like the very nicest cinnamon toast.)

Mooched around in the village this arvo doing errands and had a cup of coffee all by myself, like a big girl  Now waiting for C2 to ring: one of his team mates was injured in the match today so C2 went with him in the ambulance and is waiting with him in A&E. (It's his knee, nothing life-threatening, but this chap had an op in the same knee about 4 years ago so this is not good news.) 

03/11/2012 at 17:10

I think you'll find it's sylabub, Podds

good news that Alfie isn't too worried by fireworks - a real cool cat

Well plodded, Westie. I trust you had the kettle on for Scott when he returned ?

Hoobacious plodding, Daffy - what's your next race ?

Are you training for something Podds or is your brother swimming and you're going to stand on his head. My sister used to beat me up too

Sounds like a fun tri, Sue. At least you didn't have to wear your helmet or rack your bike

Now that's something I never thought I'd hear - the words M...eldy and normal in the same sentence

well chugged, chuggs. I bet Rossie is pleased you're trotting properly again and with the winter coming you'll be glad to raise your temperature a little

Cycle cycled, meditation meditated and divine cake eaten. Shall be lots of banging here tonight as local skool has a good firework display - I asked the boys to take me but they said it wasn't cool - fantastic, I have lived long enough to be an embarassment to my sons - oh yessssss

03/11/2012 at 17:33

Yums wrote (see)

I think you'll find it's sylabub, Podds

good news that Alfie isn't too worried by fireworks - a real cool cat

Well plodded, Westie. I trust you had the kettle on for Scott when he returned ?

Now that's something I never thought I'd hear - the words M...eldy and normal in the same sentence

yeah but it doesn't really count when you say it yourself!!

03/11/2012 at 17:53

iIm off out tonight in a dress borrowed from H, any WAISTer men like to accompany me  Mr Spence wont go  It's the head's 50th

03/11/2012 at 18:03

I've just made pasties and they're baking in the oven. Once they've been scoffed. I'll join you. Get us a pint of vimto in.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.