working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

211,801 to 211,820 of 233,008 messages
01/11/2012 at 10:18

Morning

me and the dawgie have done 3 miles in the rain!!

and now Homes Under The Hammer is on

01/11/2012 at 10:48

IWhenever I see that show advertised I think it's a new Sherlock episode - Holmes under the hammer

Is it only my mind that works in this way?

Don't answer that

01/11/2012 at 10:51

Morning,

Thanks for the update, it looks as if things are pretty 'normal' in the WAISTerlounge.

DL, I am afraid that we did the normal tourist stuff in Bath. We stayed at the Hilton which was very well situated for the centre of the city. Had a look at the baths and the abbey, indulged in a Sally Lunn and pottered around the shops. We were very impressed by the M+S, it is bigger than even the biggest one local to us. We had dinner at 'Cafe Rouge' the first night and 'Bengal Brasserie' the second, good prices thanks to my 'Tastecard' .

Alfie and I had a lovely, snuggly night and today is a designated Duvet Day.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

01/11/2012 at 10:52

morning all

Noggs - you are indeed a beast

woohoo Westie - take care with the training but we shall all be cheering you on in your 1/2!!!

aww Podds - lovely houndies

welcome back Flibbs you were missed, glad you are settling in with your nice new chap

we were out for a curry last night - blooming delicious!  but I did a miniplod this morning, 2 miles - thinking of doing a November streak

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 10:55

and I was out at the Theatre dahlinks ... twas a very good adaptation of Great Expectations, was quite nice to see a proper play rather than a musical although it did seem quite quiet without a full orchestra!!!

Me and the cat are having a duvet morning whilst I write my Tescos list

Bond tomorrow  

01/11/2012 at 12:30

3 miles done in dry but cold. I am now contemplating who do I talk to the wall or the fridge .Have a training program well sort of as I have to ignore "speed" work which is a laugh in it's self for me.I class my schedule as a survival program or how to stay on my feet for  13.1 miles
If I make the start line I do have a target but it's for my eyes only

01/11/2012 at 13:28

afternoon

we have the same addiction to B&Q as you and OH DL.  We're in there every weekend and have too being struggling which what shade of cream we should go for.  By the time we finish our house it will resemble 50 shades of cream!

Nice one Westie

I can see podds at the xmas play, with the hounds dressed as rudolph, prancer, dancer.......nope cant remember the rest!

Me and the cat have fallen out, nightmare last night because he wouldnt go out as it was raining.  so from 1.30am he's been crying to go out, then wont go, then crying, then attacking.  Finally went out at 4am, then we had him and another cat screeching at one another.  I'm trying to convince OH that we should lock the cat out at 5am(ish) when he wakes us up, but he doesnt like the idea of locking him out.  Bloody softy.

So now I'm trying not to fall asleep at my desk.

01/11/2012 at 13:39

Get a cat flap!!

01/11/2012 at 14:31

cat flap is the way to go

I nipped out to the post office at lunchtime

It was shut for lunch

I have relocated to the 1950s and noone told me

01/11/2012 at 16:16
Coffee with the girls done, sisters dogs sorted, unfortunately it looks like she is going to have to find new homes for them, she has split with her husband just recently and works long hours as well as having the two kids so she just can't manage dogs as well. I now live in the next town
so can't pop round as much. I think she was hoping the ex hubby would help but he's not taking the break up too well so far, two grumpy jack russels anyone?
01/11/2012 at 16:27

Far Far - FJ is calling 

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 17:50

Yep ..another vote for Far Far  

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 17:50

Snaily .. you need a cat flap.  End of.

01/11/2012 at 18:08

Oh yes, the WAISTer support van is just calling out for two more JRs

XB
01/11/2012 at 19:06

Another vote for a cat flap and set it for exit only.

My house smells. From the left there's a smell of "Eau de Dogwotrolledinsummatrotten". From the right is the delicious remains of my Fromage et Choux Fleur.

I managed a slower than slow 2 miles this morning without any negatives. Slowly does it.

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 19:11

I am edging towards the left

01/11/2012 at 19:28

I am edging towards the right.

XB
01/11/2012 at 19:31

I'll ask Faith to budge up for you Mouldy.

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 19:37

Can you check her bottom first please

XB
01/11/2012 at 19:55

I'm afraid she seems to have a little wind to go with her other stench. Sorry.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.