05/11/2012 at 06:31

Morning All

Monday - bleugh

05/11/2012 at 08:07

Morning

i have a knackered looking Scout!!

Work

05/11/2012 at 09:08

But a triumphant one, I hope, Spence )) You should be right proud of him.

Pippi, sorry I missed your post last night, but that sounds brill! What are you studying? 

Busy day here. C2 has another module starting at uni----first one since he got this bad anxiety last spring so he's rather nervous. Vibes for him would be appreciated. Other than that, it's organising for our little jaunt to see C3 tomorrow )) Oh, and it's raining again. Still. Obviously. 

05/11/2012 at 09:22

sun's shining here Chuggs, sorry!

(((((((tubs)))))))))) xx I love waister pals too

Well done to the spence scout!

((((((((waisterers))))))))))))

Working at home today, thank goodness.

05/11/2012 at 09:24

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~C2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raining, Chuggs? Heavens, it's fresh but glorious here

*smiles smugly*

Just send him to school and let the teachers enjoy him, spence

*avoids Podds gaze*

I have banged out 3 miles in the sunshine. Best go play with my appliances and then make myself bewtiful for my hot date

M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 11:19

Good moaning

1000-2000 is an 'orrid shift, it'll be bedtime by the time I get home

05/11/2012 at 13:47

Afternoon

Why oh why oh why couldn't we have had today's weather yesterday?   It looks glorious out there today - not that I'll get to sample it!!

05/11/2012 at 14:00

It is beautiful out there    (sorry Podds!)

ma and the pooch have done a bit of an interval session

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~C2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

where you going on your hot date Yums!?

05/11/2012 at 14:02

Afternoon,

Welcome back Pippi, I'm glad that you both had an enjoyable weekend.

Woohoo for SpenceSon Scout.

Sue, it sounds as if you have now got enough beading supplies to keep you occupied through the winter.

~~~C2~~~

It is a nice day here too, Chuggy  and it looks as if the west country will stay dry for the next few days.

Yummy, I'm sure all the messing around will be worth it when you get the kitchen sorted out. It will be heaven to have the 'washing up' done without nagging and histrionics.

Podds, well done on the supporting - as usual. I'm glad that the boys didn't eat the chilblaims - altough it does seem to be an opportunity missed!

I am also in agreement that WAISTermates are the best. I do have one very good girlfriend,  I have known her for 26 years and we each know where the bodies are burried. However, other than her I think that you lot are the ones who know me best - and you still haven't run screaming for the hills. Yet.

Aquagym done this morning, it was hard going - possibly because I had last week off. Alfie and  had a nice snooze afterwards .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

05/11/2012 at 14:08

Good afternoon WAISTers, it's been a very long time since I last posted on here although I do read every day. It's been a great summer sportwise with the Olympics, Paralympics, Wimbledon and the US Open tennis, it's just a shame that the weather was so poor.

My summer highlights apart from those mentioned above are Daffs and her sister having a picnic during the Chester marathon, Westie completing the Inverness 10k and Podds and Meldy competing the Ironman triathlon. I also rememebr Spence beating herself up over her finishing time for Chester, as was said by many of her WAISTer chums, she completed a marathon and had no need to feel down about the time. I've also spotted lots of new pets being taken in.

My own summer has been pretty good, I'm still running and managed my first ever 100 mile month in October. I've managed 750 miles this year, which if anybody had suggested at this time last year, I would have laughed at! Mind you I haven't run since the end of October as I've got a stinking cold/throat infection which means I sound like Mickey Mouse one moment and Barry White the next. I'm currently off work with it but hoping to go back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Family wise, my eldest son achieved the equivalent of 10 GCSE passes in his exams and is currently studying his A levels. The youngest son who is now in year 9 has already started his options with a view to takjen some GCSE's in year 10. He's just turned 14 and is now 6 feet 2 inches tall. The long suffering Mrs GFB is still working hard as we try to keep the wolf from the door. A new solicitor started recently at her place, she's a legal PA, and it turns out that me and Mrs GFB have known each other longer than he's been alive!

And finally, after always saying that we couldn't have a cat due to the youngest one's allergy, you've guessed it we have a cat. She a seven year old black and white female called Socks who we got from Cats Protection, youngest appears to have become more immune to her as he is able to stroke and fuss her. He can also hold her for short periods of time without having a reaction.

I'll try to post a bit more regularly in the future.

05/11/2012 at 17:39

Howdy

Why GFB how lovely to have you back, and with a glowing schoolreport to boot - ope the lurgy clears soon

I did read back over the weekend and agin just now, but unlike Gary I have retained very little - wooo hooo to Daffy's PB, (((((((Snaunty, Tubbs and Amandax))))) - I know there was a heap of other stuff, sorry!

It's turned a bit brass monkeys, I have been to the shires, the cats are having a mexican stand off at the cat flap - as you were

05/11/2012 at 17:52

Evening All

Welcome back GFB

Am liking the WAISTer love in - I have to say I might have made a few confessions over the years to some WAISTers that I haven't made elsewhere...........

Why am I still at work? Oh yes - silly meeting - had to sit through over an hour before the 15 odd minutes relevant to me! Off to supermarket now as it's far too late to get home and then to run club.............what a dreadful terrible shame that is 

Right - laters peeps

~~~~~~~~WIN~~~~~~~~~~

M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 17:55

2 hours til home time and then straight to bed for me!!

I have the delights of a first aid course tomorrow so beware the lot of ye  

05/11/2012 at 18:05
WB Gary

And as for WAISTer mates, well I wouldn't have done a marathon without them, the ones running with and the ones supporting

DL, I spoke to "J" today she's so pleased you're doing Ashby
M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 18:08

15 on Santas list so far, just waiting on a few more confirmations and we are good to go

It *might* be next week before Santa gets round to informing people as he is away this weekend errrrr on a fact finding mission  

05/11/2012 at 18:20

hello Gary Fat Bloke  -  just leave your excuse on Podds or M..e.ldy's desk and then run away, run away

I'm liking your evening, M..eldy

Oh DL, just in time to be badgered about Ashby - slightly less threatening than mexican pussy loitering near your flap.

Sluggy  - I'm surprised the houndies didn't find the bodies in your garden - mind you, they are sight hounds, not sniffer dawgs.

Spence, my hot date was just an intimate arvo at the cinema - me, Mr Bond  - oh and the kids and a load of silver haired cinema goers

I am using my grill Imagine my excitement when I discovered my oven has a light  I will play with my dishwasher later

M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:45

and I am orf home in a mo

Playing with Resus Annie tomorrow so I shall check in when I eventually get home !!

05/11/2012 at 19:47

oh no, I'll have to read back ages now to find out what indiscretions Podds has admitted to ...

I'm doing an MA in local and regional history (which will probably sound dreadful to everyone except Chuggs! ) - not "My hometown through the ages" but more using local sources to investigate or illuminate a wider aspect of history (for instance, generalisations that are made on a national level might not be true of all localities, or particular groups - I'm not sure where I'm going to go with it, but no doubt I'll tell you more than you want to know as the time goes on!) At the moment we are studying a book written some years ago as an example of how some historians used local studies to examine the rise of the middle class in the early C19th century.

Hello? Anybody still there?

But at the moment I am turning children into numbers ... grrr

05/11/2012 at 19:55
I'm interested too Pippi

No really I am
I like history and if you explain as if you're talking to your class there's a chance I'll be able to understand
05/11/2012 at 20:03
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

I wish Spence would ask me to do Ashby

I've murdered Mr P and put him inder the patio.

M.eldy smells 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.