for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,001 to 212,020 of 235,369 messages
05/11/2012 at 20:04

Happy to help 

05/11/2012 at 20:16
He he you is well norty!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/11/2012 at 20:18

DL, 2 out of 3 aint bad! but I think you are skating on thin ice with number 3, I'm sure even Podds wouldn't be brave enough to publicly announce such a thing - 20mile races, yes of course, murder, no problem. Facing up to smelly Meldy - no chance 

05/11/2012 at 20:32

oh cripes, DL, Sue is right. Best you get yourself on the next train out of town... oh, you already have a ticket

Pippi, that sounds very interlekshall  - will you need to learn Latin a la Chuggs ?

Please permit me a lttle scream.......my plates are too big for the dishwasher. They fitted in my other one fine but the spray arm on this one is fractionally lower....aaaaaaargh

M...eldy, give resuscie Annie a kiss from me

05/11/2012 at 20:36
Oh no what a bummer Yums!

Just found out a work colleague has been burgled
05/11/2012 at 23:22
DL wrote (see)
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

I wish Spence would ask me to do Ashby

I've murdered Mr P and put him inder the patio.

M.eldy smells 

Errrrrrr DL...... What did I ever do to you by chance ????????

I think you'll find I've never volunteered you for anything untoward and hence this turning on me so vilely and cruelly is most unwarranted  

Actually with the way I'm (not) running right now number 1 is probably less likely than number 3!

On that note off to bed with me and a mag as I have to be in skool tomorrow by 0730 in prep for the 1st GCSE of the academic year................

Sweet dreams all

Yums - put the dummy down - you're better than that

06/11/2012 at 00:09
Yums will the shelf thingy go higher? Same thing happened with ours and there were two heights. Other option is the Greek method - smash existing plates and replace with smaller ones. Or the Chinese solution - use bowls instead of plates. Or the Party Plan - paper plates all round, balloons optional :0)

~~~~~~ C2 ~~~~~~~~

Hi Gary :0)

The waister lounge is a convivial place and one where I feel quite at home :0)

Productive day. Finally managed to burn a huge load of wood - the neighbours dropped loads of big branches and saplings at the other end of our field months ago. We said it was ok to do so as we'd use the wood. But you should have seen the mess. ( Haven't seen sight nor sound of aforesaid neighbours, an offer of help would have been nice!). We've spent hours up there over the past month or so, Mr Tubs complete with chainsaw. Dozens of barrow loads of logs moved, but 3 huge piles of useless smaller branches and twigs left. And the leaves. Ash trees - lots and lots of leaves. And it kept raining. Finally today after 2 bin bags of burn able stuff, a can of petrol and a bale of hay and 4 hours slog it's burned. Then I moved about 50 x 20 kg bales of bedding out of the ancient barn because the crack at the side is getting bigger and I'm not sure how safe it is any more. It's built from stone and about 200 years old, may have to get it dropped. Then I did the stables, hay, wabbits and loads of washing. Does that lot count as cross training? I am pooped!

((((( waisters ))))
06/11/2012 at 07:12

Morning

Blimey Tubbs I'd say it does!!

Frosty brrrrrr

06/11/2012 at 07:17

Morning. Tried to get in last night but the site was down ??? Anyway, nice to see you all....

Pippi, do tell us all about it, it sounds fascinating! History about how people really lived and felt and thought is so much more interesting than 'the seventh batallion wheeled around the right flank' which means nothing to anyone.

Oh Yumms!!!!! Tubs is right (naturally!)---see if you can adjust something.Otherwise, find the cheapest alternative china you can (charity shops, parents' friends)----by the time the boys are out of their teens most of it will have got broken anyway

Tubs, that counts as OLYMPIC cross-training!! No wonder you were knackered! But it sounds like the cold is better and the thumb is functional again... How are the eyes now? 

DL, you is evil  In my opinion you is also dicing with death... you KNOW (because you just told us) what Podds does to people who annoy her 

Oh Podds, GCSE's again? Already? Do they never stop? I'd never realised your life was quite so full of unending joy! Hope they go well, anyway. 

GFB, welcome home! We thought you'd abandoned us forever. And what a lot of nice news from the FB household---you must be well proud of the young 'uns! And well done you too, that's a lotta miles you've got there  Just take it easy til you feel better, that cold sounds like a nasty one. 

Have a fun day, your Meldyship!

Flying to Exeter this arvo for a quick visit with C3 (and trip to M&S for undies, and Sainsbury's for pre-rolled marzipan  but Rossie and I are going out for a little waddley chugette now )) Happy days, all xxx

06/11/2012 at 07:44

Morning

Yums - you want to check your racks - hopefully they're adjustable - I have a nice set of racks - or so I've been told by those with binoculars.

Sorry Podds   - I could never look a gift horse in the mouth - probably on account of me being quite a lot shorter - I'm usually at knee level

Tubbs - you are wonder woman - I wonder how you manage

Happy Exciter Chuggy

Happy chilly Tuesday all

06/11/2012 at 07:49

Blimey, I can just picture the scene in the Chuggs household...'I'm just popping to the shops for some marizipan, darhling..... Bon voyage

Tubbs, good thinking. The height of the top basket can be adjusted but the booklet says it comes factory set at the higer setting but I will check properly later. Oddly enough, you're the second person to suggest that I hold a Greek themed party and smash the plates. And that is s shedload of c ross training - have today as a rest day

Work - pah....

06/11/2012 at 09:27

Morning all, Tubbs I think X training is an understatement and Chuggy what are you like popping over to blighty for a bit of marzipan ! I think I'll just pay a flying visit to france as I need a bottle of wine

After yesterday with bright but cold sunshine we now have warmer but wet weather and I have to go and do a few miles this morning (don't you just love training plans ). Mind you silly leg calf muscle is playing up again so may have to cut things short.

Coffee time

06/11/2012 at 10:48

morning all

hey! I bliddy love SCD! theres only that and that archers that keep me entertained

Spence - well done to your scout!

Pippi the studies sound fab acshully!

I have responded to Santa

welcome back Gary - don't leave it so long next time

I concur that WAISters are the best! somehow I think we all feel we can be ourselves on here and give and receive support even though many of us have never even met  but you can meet some very odd people off the internet you know.....

didn't get up for my run this morning, hopefully go this evening. spent most of Sunday working which made me grumpy! OK now though

06/11/2012 at 11:17

JFF, a working Sunday makes ANYONE grumpy, and you've had a lot of extra hours lately. Hope a (slightly) lazy morning made the world a bit better. 

Westie, hope the calf behaves itself and you have a nice outing. 

Wish I were better at packing. Mr C just puts his toothbrush and clean linen in a small bag and he's done; I have lists and piles of things and it takes me  hours to pack, even for a 4 day trip to England. Most of it is for C3: pindakaas (peanut butter to you! and yes, the Dutch kind tastes different---at least he thinks so!), chocolate letters for him and favoured friends (you haven't forgotten Sinterklaas in 3 weeks, have you??), strooiegoed, marzipan figures, kruidnoten etc (all the above for SK too). And a student's cookbook And the stuff Mr C will have forgotten, like the plug converter. But I do envy people who can do the capsule dressing, multi-tasking makeup, it-all-fits-into-hand-luggage thingy, Sigh. 

But Rossie and I had 2,5 nice miles this morning. Bit short, but we got drenched once and there was more coming, so we took the short route. And (forgive me for repeating myself) NOTHING HURTS )))

Right, we're off in half an hour (friend driving us to airport) so I'll see y'all later from 'the other side' )))))))

06/11/2012 at 11:49

Just back from a very hard run of 3+ miles, it should have been an easy one but had a gale force head wind headwind home for last 1.5 mile and I was nearly going backwards . Calf not bad and I am resting tomorrow so should get away with it and it would be good if I could tell the difference from a 1)pulled muscle 2) tight muscle 3) a very tired muscle.
Ok to get rid of some frustration popping round to Yummies to smash some plates up.

06/11/2012 at 12:05

Monring

Bon voyage Chuggs. It seems you are always flitting here and there whenever I look in.  Glad to note that nothing hurts

Yums - When, Someday, I am back to normal energy levels, I would indeed like to join you at the plod club. Sounds like fun and is something to keep in mind to look forward to.

Can't stand SCD myself but I do get hooked on Get me out of Here.

The sun is shining here and I may venture out to Asda, gosh, what fun!! I am suffering (in a dignified way, of course) from snotty chesty stuff, which is annoying as I have only just got over previous germs a couple of weeks ago. But that's winter for you. Roll on summer!!

Hiya Sluggs. Nice to see you again..

Meldy, I will message you on here. Its a 'yes' from me too. Thank you

06/11/2012 at 12:07

Well done Westie. Running into the wind is greast resistance training. Take care with that calf muscle.

06/11/2012 at 12:57

Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

but you can meet some very odd people off the internet you know.....

Oh I hear You Far Far and sooo glad you said, that XB is a right odd bod aint he !!  

Well done Westie

oooh Larry me too, starts again on Sunday!!

06/11/2012 at 12:58

oooh sorry....Happy flighting Chuggs

06/11/2012 at 13:04

Afternoon

Well - 1st of the season survived with minimal hassle (all relatively speaking in this place of course!!)

Nose to the grindstone now for a couple of hours before my 3.30 meeting..........

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.