working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,021 to 212,040 of 229,656 messages
06/11/2012 at 13:06

PS - Tubs will you please stop putting the rest of us to shame  I'm knackered with back ache just after this morning and compared to your Herculean efforts that was nothing - a mere trip to the Pavilion field to see my absentees were having a fag instead of doing their GCSE hardly counts! 

Bon voyage chuggy

06/11/2012 at 15:07
I have done b* gger all today so far! Coffee and porridge in bed :0) Mr Tubs let the horses out. He's a bit tired too :0)

Safe journey Chuggy

Have you sorted that dish washer yet Yums?

((( Westies calf ))))

(((( waisters ))))
06/11/2012 at 18:00
Daught has made a Leek and cheese 'pie' for tea to go with the stir fry veg she did at school I made some Rosti was lovely and extra lovely was us in the kitchen together
M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2012 at 18:44

Evening all  

Yums wrote (see)

M...eldy, give resuscie Annie a kiss from me

Oi!!   (in the words of Vinie) NO KISSING 

It was ok, it was a very long way to go for a First Aid course, I did blot my copy book when the question was asked      'what can restrict the Airways'??

Apparently ' a pillow' was the wrong answer 

06/11/2012 at 20:35

M...eldy wrote (see)

I did blot my copy book when the question was asked      'what can restrict the Airways'??

Apparently ' a pillow' was the wrong answer 

No, I think you will find that it was a correct aswer - albeit not what they were looking for

Blimey Tubs, I needed a lie-down after just reading that list of what you had done!!

Larry, what a shame that you have the lurgy again, I guess that your immune system is still going to be depleted for a while yet. BTW, I don' know whether I have your up-to-dae email addy - have you been getting emails from me recently?

(((Podds))) sorry to hear that the back is ouchy .

Glad to hear that Chuggy's come back is doing well though .

Gary, it is good to see you again and to hear that things are going well for you and the FB family.

Spence, how lovely for you to be cooking with your daughter. SB and I used to enjoy cooking when he was very little.

Speaking of cooking - I have just 'made' a cake for MS's birthday (which is tomorrow). I am kanackered after just whacking a packet-mix into the oven, long gone are the days when I could do proper baking. I also have ready-made frosting to go on it - shock/horror!

Yumms, I will send the washing-up over to go into your dishwasher as you have so much spare room in it...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

06/11/2012 at 20:37
LOL Meldy, but that answer cheered up the resto of the participants)))

Westie, bravely run! Headwind makes for really tough training. I wonder why you remind me of a bloke called Scott...???

Awww, Spence, those are the times you will both remember. Sounds like Miss Spence is s jollay usefulcook, too )))Great stuff.

Tubd, glsd to hesr that you re having s nicr, lazy day. After your efforts yesterday you surely rand it!

Glad the first GCSE went off well, Podds, but I'd love o havr overhafd ehat you said go thr kids you found out smoking instrad of doing a GCSE!I'm guessing they eot br doing that again in a hurry

C3 was waiting when we came off the plane and we've had a lovely lazy time with an early dinner in a nice local pub. A John Lewis has just opened, so have to have a little look in there tomorrow)) As you know I'm very happy in the flatlands, but it
Is lovely to be home! Xxx
M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2012 at 20:43

Ahhhh   M&S Undies eh Chuggs   

Sluggy, Betty Crocker rules IMO  !!!

06/11/2012 at 20:46
Evening all
Welcome back gfb
Have been to new doc today who said its my hip bursa thats the problem and has advised I lose the stone an half I put on before my problems started and do some exercise.
Flat keys handed over and just awaiting bond back, its all moved very quickly!! Work for next two days so will try an pop by
M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2012 at 20:52

How does he think that will help a bursa Flibbs??

06/11/2012 at 21:26
Am not really sure! She told me to adjust height of seat on spin bike so my hip doesn't bend so much or something and spoke about mass, acceleration and force! Then put it down to me weighing more than I used to and said come back if it didn't work! I think my old doc would have gone for another cortisone injection an then a referral to look into removing bursa. Don't like the sound of any of it!!!
M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2012 at 21:31

It may certainly alleviate the symptems but wont (IMO) do much for the cause .... other medical professionals may be able to advise you further 

M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2012 at 21:49

FGO tomorrow  

Night all

06/11/2012 at 22:14
Night!

Ooh Chuggs is on the building!

Poor Mr Spence came home from work 7:30 and was called back 9:00 fire at the hospital not quite sue where or what :-/

Did anyone listen to the interview on Jermery Vine only it wasn't him it was a woman! Anyway interview with a bloke who was abused at the Welsh care home...it was beyond belief.
06/11/2012 at 22:18

Smiled at Spence & dau in the kitchen together

Pippette, who you might remember, used to cause me sleepless nights and endless worries back ye olde daies when the forum was all quill pen and vellum, well, she - the very same Pippette - was at home watching Downton Abbey and doing her knitting as I went out this evening ... How times do change!

Sue I understand perfectly what you mean about packet mix cake and ready made icing! (I haven't descended to packet mix but I do buy ready made rollout icing at Christmas - gone are the days of coats of royal icing which never looked better than amateurish artex). But I don't understand pancake mix ...

My sister was telling me about the new John Lewis in Exeter - it's the biggest event in the West Country since the eclipse and has been packed apparently! (she's Axmister way).

06/11/2012 at 22:40
No I don't understand pancake mix either!! I buy ready roll icing in fact I must make my Christmas cake this weekend!
Daught said when we were cooking "when I've got my own place I'm going to cook from scratch like you do not get packet stuff"

My work is almost done...

The fires just been on the news, hospital sub station, no power to the area, roads closed so not even sure if Mr Spence has got there!
07/11/2012 at 07:23

Morning!

Nog
07/11/2012 at 08:44

Morning each,

Not been about for a few days.  We went off to FIL's on Sunday and stayed over, then I've been busy trying to cut down a tree without detroying Bicester, although..........

I'm back at it today and I have to climb the tree and top it out, not looking forward to the challenges but it is paying well.

I'm impressed that Chuggs needs marzipan so flies to Executor to get it.  Hope you don't get a taste for Singapore Noodles Chuggs, you'll be planting trees for the rest of your life to wipe out your carbon footprint.

I'm ashmed to admit that I use cake mix occasionally but never use ready made Yorkshires or pasta sauces.  I'm told the Aunt Bessies etc are quite good though.

07/11/2012 at 09:59

Morning

Sluggie - I haven't had any emails from you so I think you may have wrong address or there is an error somewhere.  Maybe message me on here or I can msg you my email?

I have to go to hospital today to get shoulder checked out. Since operation it has become a lot better but still get pain when ME is flaring up and don't have full movement back yet. I think it is something I will have to put up with.

A lovely sunny day here. I hope you all have sunshine in your day too

I love making cakes It does tire me out now but I still get satisfaction from it. Ready roll icing is the way to go though, and if you go to a good cake decoration shop you can get it in a variety of different colours and packet sizes. i have made it in the past, only once. The stickiness and mess involved was just tooo much to be bothered with.

Happy Wednesdays everyone

07/11/2012 at 10:26

Morning All

Sadly it is lovely and sunny here too today  which is b*gger all use to me sat in my office

Did have a lovely walk on the beach this morning though and Sharkey had 2 girlfriends to play with (his usual Stella and an additional one called Harper) and the NV actually was off lead for about 10 mins too - how brave am I? 

07/11/2012 at 10:27

PS - I never bake, ice or decorate cakes.............just eat 'em 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.