working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,061 to 212,080 of 235,779 messages
07/11/2012 at 20:30
M...eldy wrote (see)

I am orf visiting .. to your neck of the woods I believe 

She means somewhere vaguely north of Birmingham. You know what they're like!

M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2012 at 20:37

I'm watching MC and I will miss the last 10 mins !!

Pippi ... be careful, you lot forget that I know where you live    

07/11/2012 at 20:41

((((The Farfars)))))

Speaking of whom, how is Mr FF doing with his Mo?

I think I need to retire from tree work.  I'm quite good at it but it is so stressy and hard work.  The equation is I big tree = a week on the slopes  ( on a tight budget) ,or a third of a new bike, or a pair of quality skis, or my Red Lion bar bill.  You see my dilemma.

Plus I get to give a few tonnes of logs to my hard up SIL.

Off to chill with HL and grandson.

07/11/2012 at 21:24
Grand Designs
07/11/2012 at 21:35
Never watched it spence.
I have, however, watched some webcams in Italy and Austria and there is snow.
I feel a warm glow.
07/11/2012 at 21:51
It's great
Rarely like the finished result Always too open plan for me but its good to see the process
M...eldy    pirate
08/11/2012 at 00:54

Damn I forgot GD as well !

Noggs ... when are you orf skiing then ?

M...eldy    pirate
08/11/2012 at 06:15

Blimey that was a long old night ....

I shant get in later on as I shall be orf up to XB land .. if I find myself in the back of beyond with no mobile connection then all being well I shall be home on Sunday, if I am not home on Sunday then you can draw straws as to who gets the GPO and who gets the FGO  

08/11/2012 at 07:14

Morning

have a great time Meldy

08/11/2012 at 07:37

Morning each,

Melds, the Nogs, season starts in the New Year, we're off to Italy, the same place we went to earlier this year.  It gets me through the Ch******s holiday.

I'm leaving the tree job for a couple of days, I have to help Fave customer get the garden sorted for a big party on Saturday.  It's to 'launch'the ducks we put in the pond a few weeks back.  Loads of free food and drink so i'll be there.  the downside is so will customer and a trad jazzband - prolly my least favourite music form

08/11/2012 at 07:48

Could be worse, Nogs could be modern jazz!

08/11/2012 at 07:53

Morning

Podds - I hope the sort of writing you have been demonstrating is not some new literacy initiative introduced by the government! As a child of the sixties I was 'lucky' enough to have the ITA reading scheme which taught you one alphabet then told you that it didn't really exist. 

Only in the shires could there be a duck launch party with Jazz - well perhaps aprt from Daffy's house

Hope you've packed a whippet M.eldy

W*rking from home today - hoorah

Happy Thursday one and all

08/11/2012 at 09:06

I'd love a duck pond! No room sadly, have to settle for coal tits on the bird feeder (and no trad jazz here fortunately - although sometimes I suspect it sounds suspiciously like it!)

(((((((((((far fars))))))))))) not an easy time, take care of yourselves xx

Larry! xxx

((((((((waisters))))))

I'm working from home today too. If someone could keep DL and I supplied with tea and cake (home made preferable of course, but make sure you do the washing up too) I'm sure we'd be most appreciative

08/11/2012 at 09:24

Morning All

I am not working from home sadly now term time is back in full swing that joy is denied me......

08/11/2012 at 12:00

((((((((((((Far Fars ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

morning (just) been a bit busy then had to get a run in  just back from a slow steady 5 miles.

Off to Edinburgh this afternoon thenhave been roped into the latest Bond film. I have not been to the films for well over 10 years so it will be funny to see how it works out for me.

Now going to walk neighbours dog as she is stuck at work this week and her Hubby is away with his job.

coffee first though

08/11/2012 at 12:20

morning all

Mr FF took both boys to see their Grandad last night - 3 big boys having a good old blub apparently! they all had to go to the pucb after to bond/drown their sorrows!

acshully he's just texted to say he's taken his mother to visit and the 2 of them are arguing! thats a good sign.

Noggs - I don't like to think of you up a tree  but err, do you wear a lumberjack outfit?

Mr FF is doing OK with his Mo but since it is mainly white its not showing up too much - he may not continue depending on his Dad of course

08/11/2012 at 12:52

Far Far's (((((((boys)))))))

M...eldy    pirate
08/11/2012 at 14:12
Westie, I believe there elements of the film that you will most certainly enjoy

Just checking on the Farfarrr situation before I head off

Laters all !!
08/11/2012 at 16:19

(((((((Far Far family)))))))

I just went into town to the bigger post office - the one that doesn't shut at lunchtime - I forgot that the fair is here - it was crazy. Fairground food does not smell nice but it still made me hungry.

08/11/2012 at 16:38
Just looked in---so sorry to hear about your FIL, FarFar. It's a hard time, but good that your FIL is not in pain and MrFF and the boys have been able to see him. Thinking of you all

((((((((((((FamilyFarFar)))))))))))

Bon voyage, Your Meldiness. Have fun and come back safe, I don't believe ANY of us could live up to the expectations of the GPO if anything happened to you!

Nogs, like the others I think your lumberjacking activities sound pretty scary. Maybe launching ducks isn't such a bad idea, even to the sound of jazz!

Pippi, LOL at your daughter. I still remember the moment C1 said to me despairingly, 'Oh Mum, I'm turning into you!'

Belated HBD to MS!!! XXXX Hope he enjoyed the treat of a homemade cake. I think that's such a nice thing to do for someone, and anyone who's too proud to eat pacakge mix risks getting a cake in the face!

Podds, people must love turning notes in to you---at least they know the spelling won't be held against them!)

Flibs, congratulations on your new home. But don't wonder you're confused and worried by all these different diagnoses. Hope you manage to get some consistent advice that makes sense.

DL, maybe this is what 'all the fun of the fair' is about???

Westie, do report back on the Bond. We are contemplating going with the 5 of us for a Christmas outing.

Bizzy times here in Exeter. Walked miles yesterday seeing the new buildings at the uni, then dumped the male Chugs and went to (yes, you guess it Melds!) M&S for the inevitable annual underwear-buying spree. We were rather tired by evening as C1 (from Oz) and C2 (from NL) both sms'ed us at 4 am to say Obama had won the election. C3 was mooting yesterday against Oxford---he and his partner both won, so very pleased. Today Mr C and I took the bus to Rosemoor, big RHS garden about an hour and a half from here. Soooo beautiful! Now catching our breath, but I'm determined to get to Evensong at 5.30 (Sluggie: it's the Byrd setting). C3 has just arrived so gotta go. xxxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.