working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,101 to 212,120 of 229,917 messages
09/11/2012 at 12:43

Oh dear DL  I can't imagine how frustrating your house must be currently as you've had so much done to it.......  Did you know there would be so much work when you bought it?

Nog
09/11/2012 at 12:52
Oh crumbs DL, what a pita.
I'm getting 'fave' customers garden fettled for tomorrows bunting and frolics, she keeps adding jobs to the list. I could be home late.
09/11/2012 at 14:33

Aftrnoon,

(((Jenni and the FarFars))) (sounds like a 60s band!).

~~~Noggy~~~ sterkte. I do hope that you are soon finished, I suspect it is not much fun out thre once the light goes. Do you have any photos of these ducks?

~~~DL~~~, Nogg is correct, it does sound a PITA!

Podds, DL, I well remember the feeling of having  to get out there and run cos I knew it was good for me, rather than because I enjoyed it .

I don't currently have much in the way of Alfie photos as the ones I took were binned - they just show a black blob! Litte man has become a lot less 'mummyish' as he ha settled down. He spends far more time lying on his own than on me these days. He stillprefers to be near me than to go out for long though.

Did aquagym and hit Tesco as usual this morning. I am looking frward to a quiet evening in with MS, we haven't had a Friday evening in together for 3 weeks.

(((WIN)))

WAISt well xxxxx

09/11/2012 at 17:04
Oh DL what a pain!
I'm not running as much either

((((Far Fars))))

Body shop party for me this evening...oh how the winter nights fly by!!

The boy says he's not Parkrunning in the morning; too cold!! So that means I must long run!!
09/11/2012 at 21:39

I'm writing a hard essay in the morning ... I might be in here to while away the time if it gets a bit too hard!

Mr P came home and asked if I remembered 'hitting' him in the night. Well, I remember moving and my arm flopping over and landing on his ... he thought I'd hit him to tell him it was time to wake up, so looked at the alarm and realised it was quarter to, and got up.

He got dressed, fed the cat, had breakfast, went to work on a quiet motorway. Halfway there, he noticed that it was only 4 a.m. ! He was too embarrassed to go to work so he pulled into a layby and read his book for a while.

All my fault, apparently ... [snigger!]

09/11/2012 at 21:52

Poor Mr Pips............ *snigger*

So we have so far a draw

not running so much = bad = 2 votes

not running so much = really no issue - 2 votes

Phew - I'd hate the lounge to turn into one of those places where running ruled supreme.......

Pets and gossip are far more fun

09/11/2012 at 22:10

and cake

09/11/2012 at 22:11
A base under a tropical island - isn't that Thunderbirds Pippi? :0)

(((( Far Far family ))))

I've had enough of trees Noggs. We've still got loads left to cut up! We've put loads in the old barn, but the crack in the front of the barn is getting noticeably bigger and a few of the bricks are crumbling. Somebody tried to repair it by building a brick pillar and it's that bit that's going. Getting a quote to drop the whole thing. Ouch!

My rubber mats finally arrived today :0) Bedding removed from both stables, twelve 6 x 4 ft rubber mats heaved in and bedding replaced plus another 3 x 20 kg bags each. 6 x bags of feed collected and emptied into feed bins. I am knackered again!

Have M & S got any knickers left Chuggy? :0) I love Sloggi and Odlo ones :0)

The blephritis is driving me nuts. Hot compresses on eyes two or three times a day and massaging eyelids. Don't think the glands that are supposed to lubricate your eyelids/ cornea are working very well. Sore, tired, itchy eyes. I'm persevering but I'd hoped for more improvement after two weeks.

Thumb physioed yesterday, it still gets quite stiff so regular wiggling and bending required :0)

(((( waisters ))))
09/11/2012 at 22:45

(((((tubs)))))))

I have had the most bizarre evening (even for me). Shut in a cupboard with 35 other people watching, actually, I can't even describe what we watched it was that ridiculous. Tried very hard to keep a straight face (unfortunately there's video evidence that that I may have not managed).

Then I'm sorry to say I contributed to the pretentious ludicrousness of the whole thing, by playing a flute piece written for just the mouthpiece, that is meant to sound like a steam train, but really sounds like a child overblowing a recorder. I was embarrassed, and thought we'd be a laughing stock, but no, we were the most popular thing and have apparently inspired at least one person to take up the flute. Good god.

Still, got to pass the dark winter evenings somehow, right?

(there is video evidence, and I will be inflicting it on you as soon as I can. Sorry)

09/11/2012 at 23:22
Will be looking forward to that Daffs!!

((((Tubs))))

I've spent a fortune on Body Shop stuffs mainly presents!

Nights
10/11/2012 at 00:10
Omg! I have actually got good news! After a pretty carp week of FIL issues, still ongoing , today I went on coach trip to thursford. Christmas spectacular and a meal after. It was fun and a good break. Then got home , opened an interesting looking letter to find I have won??5000 worth of furniture from home base. I can't believe it! Want to ring my mum but its too late! So excited!
Edited: 10/11/2012 at 00:12
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/11/2012 at 05:57

woohooo Amanda!!! enjoy the spend 

morning all

10/11/2012 at 06:28

Morning all, ((((((((((tuibs)))))))))))))))))))
Nice one Amandax

Rest of family still asleep in bed so trying to be quiet  no coffee yet

10/11/2012 at 07:07

Morning

There's tea here Westie

Woo Hoo Amandax how brilliant

10/11/2012 at 07:16

See my keyboard skills are at their best this time of dat Tubbs

Nog
10/11/2012 at 08:47

Nice one Amanda.  I was chuffed with a £10 Homebase voucher, you must be delighted.

Daffs, we need to see that Vid ASAP.  

Looks like I'll be spending the day with GD at stage school.  I'm never sure these days as step-son is playing silly b*****s.

We have the duck party tonight,  I 've put in a couple of hard shifts and the gardens are looking the biz.

I have some piccies of the Ducks but RW Towers IT people don't like them - I need to reduce them.

Edited to reduce gibberish content to normal levels.

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 08:48
10/11/2012 at 10:12

Morning,

Well done Amandax, enjoy the spending spree. The WAISTerlounge is looking ready for a makeover...

Gosh Noggy, stage school and then duck party? You really do know how to live!

Daffy, that sounds surreal, even for you!

(((Tubs))), I think you work harder than anyone one I have ever known. It is such a shame that health problems seem to permanently dog your way.

(((FarFarFamily)))

Spence, it sounds as if you had a successful BodyShop evening. Our 'party' was on MS's birthday, so Ihad to miss it . Oh well, at least it saved my bank balance from further damage.

We have just booked to go and see SkyFall tomorrow. We had hoped that Sb and gf would be here this weekend but they are both playing host to the Snotmonster and have decided to stay at home. It is the right thing to do, but I am feeling a bit low at the moment and was looking forward to seeing them. Am counting on DC as 007 to brighten my day .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

10/11/2012 at 10:51

Ever thought of joining the stage yourself Noggs? You must be an expert by now!

Well done Amanda! Excellent stuff!

I've been parkrunning not sure I beat last week's PB (although it was a close call, will find out when the official results come out), but I certainly got under 34 mins again Well pleased given that til last week my pb was 36 something, and that was a year ago, and I usually run somewhere between 38 and 45!

Off to nephew's 5th birthday party in a bit - probably more exhausting than the running

10/11/2012 at 13:03

It will be Daffs, no doubt about it!!

well runned

((((((Tubbs)))))

(((((Sluggie))))))

11  miles here lovely day for it

Nog
10/11/2012 at 13:28

Morning each,

Our dinner last night was great fun.  HL excelled herself, my wines were spot on too.

I remember my education being thrashed into me,  We went from hieroglyph to Latin to English in my day.  I remember those inkwells too.

We had lots of repetition and rote.  It actually stood me in good stead when I took police and law exams as I was able to recall vast tracts of acts of parliament.  These days I can barely recall my name though.

More coffee then a shower.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.