working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,141 to 212,160 of 233,106 messages
11/11/2012 at 15:29

Grrrrrrrr

That is all.
I'll have to google Podenco.

11/11/2012 at 16:45

I am home. I hurt but I finished.Other half drove and we took both boys and my 2 running friends.Arrived in plenty of time.Picked up numbers and chips and joined long loo queue. Blue sky and sun, and not too chilly

2 minutes silence. Red wave set off - the fast ones -  then we were ten  minutes later.One lap of park then off along towpath. Quite muddy in places but lots of ducks and barges to look at.Excellent marshalling and plenty water stops. 

Knee started niggling quite early and got quite sore but not enough to make me stop. Saw OH at 3 points enroute which was great and inbetween they sent encouraging messages via endomondo  app on  my phone.

Lost one friend at about 8 miles, shes also carrying bit of an injury, but finished ok.Other friend and I were together most of the run.I pushed ahead a bit towards finish which is a bit of an uphill.Youngest son was running in with us and her family had arrived for the finish line. 

Crossed line at around 2.32 , not quite PB but ten minutes off same course last year.Not bad with a niggly knee

Once we were all in had few pics etc, then off to nearby Harvester for dinner. 

Now home , bathed and sititng with ice on knee. Lovely well organised run, fabulous weather and scenery and good for spectators too. Just hope I can walk tomorrow.Seem to have gained a black toe and bruised top of foot so work could  prove interesting!

11/11/2012 at 17:07

Well done Amanda! That's a grand time, and sounds like you had fun too When's the next one?

11/11/2012 at 17:14

Well done Amanda, that is a tale 0f heroism beyond measure.  

My day has consisted of dog walking, cooking, eating AND arranging ski trips and Kiwi trips including mad bungee jumps.  I challenged BIL to a South Island Bungee jump. He nodded wisely and pointed out that he'd done 160 parachute jumps in his military career.

Do they do adult sized Pampas?  

Me and my gob.

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 17:24

Hello hunnies i'm home  

11/11/2012 at 17:31

Melds. welcome back,

Wassup?

11/11/2012 at 17:32

Afternoon,

LOL Noggie, it looks as if you have talked yourself into trouble!

Welcome home, your Meldyness.

Well run Amanda, I hope you are going to have a lazy evening and take care of that knee.

Well done to The Scout too. I'm afraid that 11.00 seemed to sip by un-noticed at home, I didn't realise until later .

Multiple houndie walk sounds, erm, 'interesting'. I hope that Podds survived.

Yumms, it sounds as if you had a good, convivial time, that is what matters.

It has been a glorious day here - and we spent much of it in the cinema. Far too much, in fact, as there were 30 minutes of rubbish before the 2 hour film began .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 17:39

Have managed to walk about 25 miles this weekend and my foot didnt fall off which was a bonus

GPO is pleased to see me home, so pleased in fact he has killed the stair.

Well done to those that have walked and raced and paraded and chopped and won things !!

11/11/2012 at 18:25
Well done Amandax looks a lovely race from your photos

WB Meldy

Noggs, what where you thinking!!!!?
11/11/2012 at 19:45

The Nog brain and the Nog gob have seldom been connected, especially when red wine is involved.

Speaking of which, after my comments of last weekend, I'm watching Strickly Come Mincing with  a completeley open mind,

Sadly, it's still complete rubbish.

11/11/2012 at 20:10

LOL Noggs Is the NZ holibob off now ?

Did you have an appointment with Mr Bond this arvo, Sluggy ?

Well raced, Mandax. Sounds as though your ITB could do with a holibob too - hope it doesn't complain too much. Still, you could rest in on the stufff you get from B&Q

Well paraded Spenceboy and spence.

Hello M........eldykins. I think the GPO has been training Alfie in Ninja techniques while you've been away

Podds hasn't been in then. Do you think she has been dragged off into the sunset by the 8 houndies ?

Had lovely walk with chum and her pooch. Cush almost had a good time  but is completely zonked on the sofa right now - bless   Also managed a plodette - went rather well really Anyway, some norty person has drunk all the wine. I best head off to Nogg Towers to speak wit hthe Sommelier

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 20:26

At least you tried Noggs eh ?   

Yums I am glad to see he has been gainfully employed over the weekend and not slumped on the couch watching X Factor as I suspect he might have been .. !!

11/11/2012 at 20:52
Noggs I bet you're getting yourself comfy for 'I'm a celeb get me out of here'
Aren't you!?
M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 20:54

Good grief Noggs ..... dont even *try* that one !!!

I dont think I could stand the 'review'  

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:25

FGO in the morning  

Nighties all

11/11/2012 at 21:29

Evening all

*pictures Noggs in his lumberjack jacket swinging from a NZ bridge.........*

Good to see you Melds - was reading in the paper about an ASBO cat at the weekend and thought of the GPO   He want AWOL for 3 weeks and when he was found and his owner collected him she was the only one pleased to see him - even the 2 other cats in his house weren't impressed with his return. As well as terrorising other cats and dogs he put a retired Lt Col in hospital...........

I am here Yums and Sluggie and the proof of my survival and day will appear shortly

11/11/2012 at 21:30

"I really need a larger house when guests come round"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8064/8176510889_21948d38c7_m.jpg

11/11/2012 at 21:31

Rather than "5 have a big adventure" we had "7 go to the pub"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8348/8176543136_e757f2fa5c_m.jpg

11/11/2012 at 21:32

And then there were 8 - picked up another one in the pub.........

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/8176542474_955d8551c3_m.jpg

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:33

I couldnt see number 7 but I think I spotted him !!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.