working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,161 to 212,180 of 234,982 messages
11/11/2012 at 21:33

And finally, 7 back to mine for a cup of tea and the guest was so tired he decided to go upstairs and make himself at home on my bed....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8201/8176552018_fc21f3e723_m.jpg

11/11/2012 at 21:40

cheeky so-and-so Podds! No idea how you kept track of them all - are you sure you came home with the right ones??

lol at the ASBO cat though

11/11/2012 at 21:59

yes - the guest's owner was pretty embarrassed but I'm an extremely easy going hostess so it really didn't bother me.........

.....................however it did take 2 of us to get him downstairs as he got stuck at the top and had to be sort of bumped and carried down - there are some extremely unflattering photos of my back side as I was coming down backwards at the front end while his owner was at the back end

11/11/2012 at 22:07

JFF, a working Sunday makes ANYONE grumpy, and you've had a lot of extra hours lately. Hope a (slightly) lazy morning made the world a bit better. 

Westie, hope the calf behaves itself and you have a nice outing. 

Wish I were better at packing. Mr C just puts his toothbrush and clean linen in a small bag and he's done; I have lists and piles of things and it takes me  hours to pack, even for a 4 day trip to England. Most of it is for C3: pindakaas (peanut butter to you! and yes, the Dutch kind tastes different---at least he thinks so!), chocolate letters for him and favoured friends (you haven't forgotten Sinterklaas in 3 weeks, have you??), strooiegoed, marzipan figures, kruidnoten etc (all the above for SK too). And a student's cookbook And the stuff Mr C will have forgotten, like the plug converter. But I do envy people who can do the capsule dressing, multi-tasking makeup, it-all-fits-into-hand-luggage thingy, Sigh. 

But Rossie and I had 2,5 nice miles this morning. Bit short, but we got drenched once and there was more coming, so we took the short route. And (forgive me for repeating myself) NOTHING HURTS )))

Right, we're off in half an hour (friend driving us to airport) so I'll see y'all later from 'the other side' )))))))

11/11/2012 at 22:19

Someone's repeating herself!!   is that what happens to jetsetters?

11/11/2012 at 22:21

ooer, am I having a senior moment or does chuggies post seem very familiar ?

Oh Podds, how hoobacious having all those houndies together - Cush and me is well jel. Not quite 101 dalmations but getting there

Spence, why were you Grrrrrr  earlier

Right, c'mon you lot, up the wooden hill to bedfordshire

11/11/2012 at 22:29
11/11/2012 at 22:54
Yums, long boring story an overheard conversation...my school "outstanding" seems to be getting the blame for feeder junior school getting "satisfactory"
Work that one out!!

*rollseyes*

Ahh Alfie
11/11/2012 at 23:07

Look at him with all that cardboard!

* waves to Yums and spence and chuggs and podds*

I've been pilates-ing and eating trifle

12/11/2012 at 05:46
Why am I awake already??
Wasn't sure how I would feel today. Just got up to make cup of tea. Knee stiff but better than I expected. Toe bliddy sore! I've never had the traditional black toenail scenario but certainly have now.

Today I have the joy of annual statutory training. Least it means not too much walking.

Photos on fb of the half if anyone wants to see
12/11/2012 at 07:27

oh bless Alfie, the little tinker Lovely pussy, sluggsy

Rating trifle whilst doing Pilates is pretty impressive, Daffs

Glad the leg isn't too bad this morning, mandax - and your next race is ?

Nope, I don't get it, Spence. The old they're good and so it makes us look bad scenario ? Always easier to blame someone else..... who shall we blame today - it's usually the person who isn't here.......

Am trying to make the boys more independent and my life easier as from today. No idea whether my house will be secure etc when I get home but I do feel stressed and have to have my BP checked again on Fri,so I really must do something. Not helped by the fact I have to leave work early today to take no 2 to the Opticians..........aaaargh

WAIST well

12/11/2012 at 07:35

Morning

That'll be it Yums!!

You should run more; help with the stress levels

How old are your two?

Mine have been bickering this morning

((((WIN))))

12/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning all, coffee ??

12/11/2012 at 09:52

morning all

tea for me please

Monday - bleurgh!

12/11/2012 at 09:59

Double bleugh

G & T for me please

12/11/2012 at 11:20
Oh Sluggie he is gawjuss :0)

Well run Amandax and well won :0) hope the knee behaves

Rumour has it that due to an absence of Man sized Pampers Bicester M & S have run out of man size knickers :0)

Bungee jumping. Launching off a ridiculously high bridge with a bit of knicker elastic round your ankles. No chance!

Off to the tip :0)

(((( waisters))))
12/11/2012 at 11:21
Brilliant photos Podds :0)
12/11/2012 at 11:22

Bleurgh, and bleurgh again.

Tis cold and wet here.  It was dry when I started my ride this morning but the rain soon started. Luckily I'd chosen a route with several bail out options and headed for home after an hour or so.  I got in absolutley frozen and have only just thawed myself out.

12/11/2012 at 11:34

xpost Tubs.  In my defence some red wine had been consumed and much sloblock was being spoken ( not all of it by me, surprisingly)

12/11/2012 at 12:21

Morning,

(((Podds))) sterkte.

(((Yumms))) ah, the joys of parenthood. The problem is that, in order to get long-term gains, life in the short-term gets more difficult and unpleasant .

Spence, I have no idea why your school is getting blamed, it sounds as if there might be some inadequate people around...

Glad that the knee is not feeling too bad, Amandax.

Boo to miserable weather, Noggy! There is much to be said for exercising inside in warm water .

Alfie has happily accepted your admiration. He loves chewing cardboard, shredding paper and charging round the room under a sheet of paper or card. Little woozle! 

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.