working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,201 to 212,220 of 235,768 messages
12/11/2012 at 22:47
Hooked too

She is doing my head in and she's obviously got a phone with her because she's posting photos!! And spending ??400 a month on your hair!!? I struggle with ??35 twice a year!!!
13/11/2012 at 07:50
Morning!
13/11/2012 at 09:06

Morning! Where is everyone? I've been lurking the last couple of days since we got back so a bit dismayed to find that as soon as I walk into the lounge, everyone else leaves! 

Amadax, what a great result on your half! Great photos too. And good news that the knee seems to be, erm, taking things in its stride! (sorry)

Podds, LOL at the photos of you with the ever-expanding herd of hounds  What handsome beasts they are, aren't they? And frankly if I were visiting friends and couldn't keep my eyes open I would go find a comfy bed too, that hound was just being sensible 

Sluggie, Alfie is simply gorgeous!!! WHAT an elegant pussycat!! No wonder you were smitten from the first day. Clearly, he also has the household firmly under his paw already, as is of course entirely correct 

Nogs, that cycle sounded like one where cutting it short was the better part. Maybe if you go on being sensible like that you will reconsider the bungee-jumping???

((((((((((((Yums))))))))))))

Being a mum is NOT an easy job. But actually giving them more responsibility is a good plan. They secretly like knowing they are able to make a difference, and someday their better halves will thank you  (Mams brought Mr C up very well but I do wish she'd taught him to cook!!!)

Snaily, now listen very carefully, I shall say this only once: QUIT BEATING YOURSELF UP!!! There is only so much you can cram into one day, and with a poorly mum, an aunt in hozzie, a demanding job, a still-unsettled Mr S and all points west, something has to give or you will drop down dead with exhaustion! You can start running again in a week or two, you can't put off helping your mum. You are doing an AMAZING job keeping everything going, and I take my hat off to you, for sure. 

Tubs, I just adore that series of Oskar photos: it looks like illustrations for a story about how a good little kitty (so sweet, so innocent) in just a few short weeks was turned, step by step, into a louche layabout! WHAT a charmer 

DL, enjoy leekland. The accent may be different, but I think it's beautiful; and if you don't agree, you can always tune it out and look at the mountains, which indisputably are 

BTW, the ITV series Little England (Mon nights at 8) is about Brits who have relocated in our part of France, and last Monday's episode has lots about Twilight, the home for very old doggies that nobody else will take. It's lovely if you get a chance to see it on iPlayer. Haven't watched last night's episode yet (taped as there is an important fruitbowl programme on Monday nights that Mr C and C2 watch). 

Welll---trip to Exeter was huge fun, great times with C3, nice trip to a garden, M&S undie supply duly refilled, two delicious cathedral Evensongs soaked up. Now caught up with washing, beds, etc etc at home. Nice to be cycling again too. 

Don't want to introduce a sober note, but I had lunch with 3 very old friends yesterday, the wife of one is having her third bout of treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma, now waiting for a bone marrow transplant. Count your blessings. 

And have a lovely day, all! Will peep in later to see if anyone else is awake  xx

13/11/2012 at 10:47
Morning each.
I'm working in oxford today, just two or three hours should do it.

At least it's dry.
13/11/2012 at 11:27
Morning :0) puts fresh coffee on :0)

Someone on the interweb recommended honey for blephritis. I'm not sure whether I should rub it into eyes or eat it! Desperate enough to try both!

((((Waisters))))
13/11/2012 at 11:55

Oh Spence, I meant to say, that carnival looked just amazing, especially at night with all the lights! Why do they have it now, though? I thought carnivals were before Lent in the spring?? 

13/11/2012 at 11:58

((((((Tubs)))))))))

Surely there is something more they can do to help with the blephritis? Sounds truly foul. 

Nogs, hope you get some time away from the coal face, what with your lumberjack and duck-launching activities of late you must be ready for some normality!

13/11/2012 at 12:47

Afternoon All

Im have beent traumatised this morning by the group of students collectively known as 11z2IT - there is little good to be said...............I have had to eat a mars bar.......

To all of you  - wot Chuggie said

I know what you mean re sober notes Chuggs - we have a girl in school who will die (and sooner rather than later) if she doesn't get a transplant and we are currently trying to organise hospital school and home exams - the problem is right now mum can't cope with anything other than her daughter's condition whilst the girl herself is keen to get on with as much as she can even when bedridden including exams but the paperwork all hinges on mum - rather a delicate situation.....

13/11/2012 at 14:56

I can imagine papaerwork is the last thing on the mum's mind

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Oh Spence, I meant to say, that carnival looked just amazing, especially at night with all the lights! Why do they have it now, though? I thought carnivals were before Lent in the spring?? 

Snaily not me !

I've been cuddling a 5 weeks old baby  gawjuss

I told Mr Spence I want one*.....he told me to f*&% off !!

*It was a joke!!

13/11/2012 at 14:57

Today is better than yesterday.

Firstly, it's not raining.  I'm not cold, I've earned some money and fettled my winter training bike.  Cleaned, lubed, tweaked and reshod.

I was going to take my carbon fibre lovliness out for a spin but fettling seemed a better use of my time.  Tomorrow is long ride day, today I need to do my stretches and core/strength routine.

HL has taken her daughter to Milton Springsteen for shopping.

13/11/2012 at 16:32

Afternoon,

Great photo's Tubs, Oskar look a proper little character .

Welcome home Chuggy, I am glad that you were able to top up your Englishness .

Snaily, we have seen the carnival a couple of times (although not for about 20 years), it really is fantastic, isn't it?!

Alfie has put on a huge amount of weight since we have had him, we have just decided that we need to cut down his intake a litle - which Sir will not appreciate .he certainly is lovely and sleek + shiney.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
13/11/2012 at 17:45

Evening all

Bit bizzy but I am here ...  

I tried to buy some undies in M&S earlier but it appears they have run out  

13/11/2012 at 18:10

The carnivals in Somerset are for Bonfire Night, Chuggs.

Two parents evenings. 25% no-shows which is poor for the first one in Y1!

13/11/2012 at 18:47
Oh Pippi that's bad
13/11/2012 at 19:27

That's apalling Pipps.

Perhaps we should make taking an interest in your kids a condition of benefit payments.

M...eldy    pirate
13/11/2012 at 19:41

Perhaps knowing their names would be a start   

(sorry for the sweeping gerneralisation there )

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/11/2012 at 19:45
Nog, The Beast. wrote (see)

Perhaps we should make taking an interest in your kids a condition of benefit payments.

nice one Noggs

I think we could between us make a working contract for people to continue on benefits (chronic sick excluded)

Perhaps start with "not openly dealing illicit stuff in public" (it happens)

any more ideas?

I'm a bit frazzled today, I have spent much of the day stuck in a room interviewing - we had 8 to interview - then rushing to a meeting in between all that, called by the social services manager. She insisted on the date and the venue, then she didn't bliddy turn up . Rush back to continue with the interviews. We finished late, but I have now lost my title as a BOGOF nurse, as we have a promising person to fill my role as a CPN. I do hope she lives up to her promise . She had certainly done her homework as she was talking about wanting to do the kind of things that I have set up in the area! It means I can hand over my baton to her and she will carry it forward.

13/11/2012 at 19:49

Melds,I realised I was in the same area with my comment.  Sadly, an opinion arrived at after 62 years on the planet.  

Equally sadly, my parents showed no interest at all in my school days.  I still enjoyed school though.

13/11/2012 at 19:53

Sounds like a full on day Sue.

Does that mean you're retiring?

13/11/2012 at 20:52

Woo Hoo, just booked my trip to Austria for next February.  I've decided to drive over so I can keep the costs down and stay for a couple of weeks instead of the 6 days skiing on a package trip.

I just need to get some winter wheels and tyres now.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.