working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,221 to 212,240 of 234,998 messages
M...eldy    pirate
13/11/2012 at 21:29

How luffley Noggs!   2 whole weeks ... I reckon you'll have Podds in your suitcase !!

Nearly home time, FGO tomorrow and then something resembling a swim or gym before work I think

13/11/2012 at 21:50

Sue......retiring.....NEVER! 

(((((Chuggy's friend)))))  I'll watch the doggie rescue programme, I'm really missing Paul O'Grady show

I've been for a walk tonight, 7.7k in 1hr 13min.  Really enjoyed being out and said hello to lots of doggies.  Got a bloody big blister now though

MrS is on nights, fingers crossed it goes ok he hasnt done nights for a few years, but the job he's got they do brilliant shifts days/nights if he can just get used to the nights again. 

But since he's out I've done - walk / made Leek & Pot soup / cleaned kitchen / filled in 2 holes ready for painting / now doing some process mapping.  Its good to have some time to myself at last. 

BTW....Im watching

13/11/2012 at 22:22
I know !

So that's you, me, Tubbs, Amandax...

I don't think Nogs will be
13/11/2012 at 22:27

Think it might annoy Nogs a little bit!!!

13/11/2012 at 22:50
Think we should suggest to secret Santa Nogs would love a scd DVD and I'm a Celeb book?

Bit of nightmare few days. Culminated with FIL being admitted to hospital today. V confused, falls, weight loss. Bedroom apparently in a state. OH was heaving trying to sort it so were going again tomo.

Not heard from homebase on logistics of win yet ie Is it any furniture, certain ranges etc., I do have brochures to browse though!
13/11/2012 at 23:02

oh hope you FIL is ok Mandax

Think its time for bed, the whoooooooooooooooooooooooole bed to myself, well apart from HC!

nitol

14/11/2012 at 07:19

Morning

(((((Amandax)))))

14/11/2012 at 07:25

I'd rather take a rusty nail to my eyes.........

Morning each,

Long ride day today and no rain forecast.

14/11/2012 at 08:04

Thought you'd say that Noggs

We'll keep you updated

Ride safe

14/11/2012 at 08:37

morning all,

Have a good one Noggy and I am with you on the scd and get me out ... etc think we should sponsor an outsider for next years jungle trip ....... "Spence"

Coffee time

ps did 5 miles yesterday very slow but got round and Scott came second in the Glen Clova half marathon over the weekend.

14/11/2012 at 09:18

Morning all. Is it possible to register 'don't care' in the SCD debate? Never seen it, don't hate it, don't care!

Westie, well done! Sounds like the niggles you have been worrying about have subsided---hooray! And as usual three cheers for Scott  In fact three cheers for you both!! 

((((((((((((((((((((Amandax and FIL))))))))))))))

Oh dear, that sounds tough for him. But maybe it's actually good that he's been admitted, if he isn't able to take care of himself any longer. You have been wonderful, but of course you can't be there all the time either. Hope he stabilises and they are able to find a sensible way forward. AND I hope you hear more about that fab furniture win!!!!! Don't think I ever knew anyone who won so much before! 

Sue, you is bliddy amazing. But it must be a relief that they seem to have someone who will be able to take some of the load off you but carry the programmes forward. Keep us posted, please. 

Nogs, enjoy the ride. All your fettling should have left your steed in great condition so hopefully it will be a glorious day. 

Where's XB these days? And FP? We seem to have a lot of absences at the mo!

Snaily, really hope Mr S settles to this job, for all possible reasons. (Among which: you can get so much more done without them around the house! Mr C has gone off for his regular meeting with the bank manager  so I have a long list of things to do here!) Any news on your mum's housing? And snaunty? Oh, and if you want to see more photos of the old doggies, Leanne is amazingly good at keeping the updates and photos coming: http://www.twilightchiens.com/

Podds, that situation with the young lass must be incredibly tough for all concerned. Such a young person with a short time to live is so hard. It's too bad her mother isn't coping better, but I honestly don't know how I would do if I were in that situation. It's awfully good that you and the rest of the staff are helping the lass to keep focused and keep living just as long as she can, though. A really hard one. 

The slow, slippery climb out of the slough of total unfitness has begun. (Again.) 3.5 miles yesterday, finally getting the hang of the forefoot landing. Cycle is now back in service as transport. If I can keep it up for a few weeks hopefully the attractive but now somewhat dated Miss Blobby look may start to subside....

Right, off to marzipan cakes, using the already-rolled marz on which I spent our entire luggage allowance on the way back  WAISt well, all xxxx

14/11/2012 at 09:35

Morning

M...eldy wrote (see)

How luffley Noggs!   2 whole weeks ... I reckon you'll have Podds in your suitcase !!

Yup

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Podds, that situation with the young lass must be incredibly tough for all concerned. Such a young person with a short time to live is so hard. It's too bad her mother isn't coping better, but I honestly don't know how I would do if I were in that situation. It's awfully good that you and the rest of the staff are helping the lass to keep focused and keep living just as long as she can, though. A really hard one. 

The biggest problem is that at the moment in effect mum is blocking what the daughter wants!

14/11/2012 at 12:18

morning all

Noggs - holiday sounds exciting

woohoo Sue - semi-retirement?

I don't care what anyone says SCD is fab! the jungle prog however is total carp - but is my guilty pleasure

still stressful in the FF household - FIL on minimum care plan now but managed to sit up and take a sip of drink and even nodded to Mr FF as he left yesterday, poor Mr FF is now very down and upset so any WAISter vibes going spare would be appreciated

14/11/2012 at 12:57

~~~~~~~~~~ and ((((((((((((()))))))))))) for the FF family.

SCD needs no further comment from me.

I always get excited about my trips to Austria.  As I said yesterday, driving over means I can get 10 days skiing in with 2 days easy driving each end, plus we have the car to drive to other ski resorts like Kitzbuhl.

The B and B,  and Eurotunnel are booked, I now have to source my winter wheels.

I've done 46 miles of fairly easy roads this morning at a nice pace.  I fooled myself into taking my Giant road bike instead of the winter hack.  The local road were nice and dry, but 5 miles in they were covered in mud and water.

I have a visit to the lovely Cecilly for a haircut this afternoon, always a joy.

I've looked into The Etape for next year.  It seems you can only get in if you buy a package, they cost about £400 upwards for little more than 3 nights B and B, that doesn't include travel or the event entry(that's another £50 on its own)  

I'm thinking of just going over and riding the route on my own as I struggle to justify that sort of outlay for a days riding.

14/11/2012 at 13:59

Thanks for that Westie!!

Well done to Scott

Well biked Noggs

Sking doesn't do it for me I'm afraid so I'll wait in the bar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(((((((Mr Far Far))))))~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ tough times

I feel  and I know it's cos I haven't run this week for one thing or another !

I'm reading up about this police thing tomorrow, feel I should vote but not sure for who!!

14/11/2012 at 14:27

Afternoon,

(((FarFar Familly)))

(((Amandax and FIL)))

Well done Wstie and Scott!

Spence, I also have mixed feelings about the vote. We have had no cntact from anyone, so I am not convinced that anyone is really tryng. I am not totally in favour of the whole thing but know that not voting will not change anything for the better

Podds, such a sad situation , my heart goes out to all concerned.

Lovely photos of 'Twilight' Chuggy, how lovely to see the dawgies well and happy. I particularly like the one of the man (is it Mike?) asleep among a tumble of dogs .

Glad that you got out and had a good ride Noggy. It is another lovely day here too.

MS had a sad phone call this morning to say that one of his LODs (Little Old Dears) as apssed away. It was unexpected, even though she was not in perfecrt health. She has a son with Downs Syndrome who was still living at home. Fortunately he was supposed to be moving to a 'supported living' place in the New Year and it has been possible to simply advance those plans, but I suspect it will be hard on him without his Mum to help smooth the way for him.

Another LOD stood MS up today. He was supposed to be taking hr out for lunch to celebrate her birthday but she didn't feel up to it, so we swapped things round and I went instead. Now waiting for my Thursday man to arrive, so I will be kanackered by this evening!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
14/11/2012 at 18:10

Evening all

Tad bizzy again ... typical late shift!

I have read through ((( hugs and bottom boots)) as approrpiate

* I am waiting for Amanda to order a new suite so I can have her old one  

14/11/2012 at 18:57

Why am I still at work?  Doesn't seem fair

Supposed to be going out and meeting absent minded pal at another person's house but don't know if she's going - texted her (yes really meldy) earlier to remind her and her response was "had forgotten" - hardly indicative as to whether she is going or not!!!!

Shall shoot off shortly as am going directly from work and have no petrol which is a minor technical hitch I fear 

Happy Wednesday evenings all

M...eldy    pirate
14/11/2012 at 20:46

Santa has mailed you all ....  

14/11/2012 at 20:51

ha ha ha, I love mine!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.