working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,241 to 212,260 of 235,454 messages
14/11/2012 at 21:16

evening, missing jungle!!!

I love SCD, having used to dance I love watching people learn how to dance and love to watch a dance that "moves" me.  One inparticular I remember is Vincent and a girl band member (forget her name now) when they did a Tango (maybe 3yrs ago) it was an amazing dance.  Yes I'm a saddo!

(((JFF and family))) tough times for everyone involved so look after yourselves

Chuggy I love the idea of Twilight, when I win the lotto thats what I'll be doing.  The pic of one man and his four dogggies is very funny

I've had an "annoying" day, nuff said, but I had a little cry today to myself.  It was a day where i felt like saying "f it i'm off".  Needless to say i'm still here

After my long speed walk yesterday i've been in pain, huge blister on my toe and more worrying is  hamstring tension.  I noticed it last time I ran too.  its not a pain as such but its very "tight" an ideas how I flex it?  Tried with my foot up on the table to streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch it but it doest seem to be working.

14/11/2012 at 21:22

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/1img_0421.jpg?width=350

For those without FB, here was one of the North Petherton carnival floats.  i would highly recommend a trip. 

XB
14/11/2012 at 21:45

Maybe leave it to heal a bit before you stretch it, Snaily. By stretching it while it's still sore you might just keep damaging it. Maybe and possibly.

My life seems to be busy and a little bit shite at the mo. Ironically, a lot of stress has been caused by clearing the decks so I can go on a stress management course tomorrow.

Santa's using email now. Whatever next? 

14/11/2012 at 22:08

weird thing is hamstring doesnt hurt when I walk up stairs, but walking on the flat really hurts!  Stupid thing.  Went for a tiny walk tonight (mainly to give me some head space!) and to keep it moving a bit.

How is Mrs XB getting on?   Spread the usefull stress management tips XB, we'll all be needing them as xmas quickly approaches 

I think Santa is on FB too 

Right its night from me, someone decided it was a good idea to share their cold with me, so I'm going bed with a baileys hot choc to ease the symptoms*

*Not officially recognised as a cold remedy

14/11/2012 at 22:09
Evening. Had an email re win - vouchers should be here by 3 weeks. Hope they are general homebase ones so can spend on anything!

Unfortunately also had bad news today. Called in by ward and told what I had started to suspect, FIL has lung cancer. Been hard day. Hoping to speak to palliative care team tomo re plan as don't think will be long. Want OH to visit tomo as at minute he just thinks of him lying in floor waiting for paramedics.
14/11/2012 at 22:25
Ahh ((((Amandax)))))

((((XB))) hope the course helps

Thanks for the mail Santa
M...eldy    pirate
14/11/2012 at 23:34

Time for home nearly .....

Another late one tomorrow, I shall be glad when this week is over !

14/11/2012 at 23:38

Evening All

Home now after a lovely evening - glad I made the effort to go having nearly decided not to after such a long day at the coal face

15/11/2012 at 08:03

Morning

So, the bidding war has started for Amanadax sofa !!?

I'm in we're sitting on Uncle Morris'  that's H's Uncle Morris

Off to vote and then it's Child Protection training

15/11/2012 at 08:28

Morning. Except for Melds: nighty night, sweetie, sounds like this is a week you'll be glad to see the back of :-/ Hope you can get to sleep quickly at least. 

Podds, great that the evening was a success. You needed a bit of a lift after yesterday!

((((((((((((((((((Amandax, Mr A, FIL)))))))))))))))))))

So sorry about your FIL. Very hard for your OH too, I hope if his father is comfortable that he does get to see him, if only to eradicate that awful picture of him on the floor. Thinking of you all xxx And hoping that the vouchers come soon and provide a pleasant distraction ))

(((((((((((((XB)))))))))))))

Hope today is relaxing in itself and productive in stress reduction terms. Long term stress is no fun. 

((((((((((Snaily))))))))))

The new job is a lot better than the old, but I guess nothing in the NHS is easy these days. Hope today is better. And that the hamstring settles down---don't forget to work at it slowly. Still love the photos of the carnival! 

(((((((((((((((JFF. Mr FF and FIL)))))))))))))

This is a hard time, especially for Mr FF. Strong vibes for you all. xxx

Oooh, Noggy, you always enjoy that skiing so much, in prospect and in retrospect as well as at the time )) Any chance you'll be passing through the flatlands en route?????

Sluggie, how sad for MS---but sounds like he's one of those quiet unrecognised heroes that is a real support to his LOD's. So often they have little human contact, so his kindness prolly means more to them than he realises. 

And for those who looked: yes, the chap snoozing on the sofa surrounded by dogs is indeed Mike, who with his wife Leanne runs Twilight. Super people. 

Cold and damp here ('waterkou', 'water cold' the Dutch call it), just a few degrees above freezing and very misty. Treacherous underfoot with a film of wet leaves ground into the pavement. Duty day here: marzipanning cakes, ferrying C2 to Leiden (BTW, his anxiety is nearly gone---CBT plus WAIStervibes did the trick!), and several trips to the dump with the car, stuffed to the gills with garden trimmings! WAISt well, all.xxx

15/11/2012 at 09:28

((((((amanda and family)))))))))))) such a difficult time for you all Lots of love xxx

(((((((JFF and family too))))))))))

SO tired today!

15/11/2012 at 10:02

Morning each,

I think we need to dish out some (((((((()))))))) to The FF's, Amanda and one or two to the XB's.

Chuggs, sadly we'll be travelling via France,Belguim, Luxembourg etc.   Our Dutch chums will be driving down from Zevenhuizen which can't be too far from you.

I've delivered the car to the workshop for MOT and service, I'm now off to fave customers via Screwfix and a couple of other places.  I need to sort the greenhouse out and get my propogation programme sorted.

15/11/2012 at 11:50
(((((Amandax, FF family, XB, Snaily))))

Sofa Wars! Think I'm on the bench :0)

Only bit of Austria I've seen is Vienna Noggs. Mr Tubs went to a conference and I tagged along. The hosts had laid on trips etc for spouses and partners so went to rather magnificent palace I can't remember the name of and got to see the Lippizaners in training. Mr Tubs verdict was " it's a bit boring, they're just going round in circles" The stallion was performing a canter pirouette, one of the hardest movements to train for! I fell in love with Apple Strudel :0) Having managed to get Skiers Thumb without skiing I doubt I'll be going to ski but hope to go back one day and see more of this beautiful country :0)

Santa has emailed :0) These days all the elves have iPods and the reindeer satnav :0)

Removed, raised and refitted big outer doors to stables, still not fallen off :0)

Barn is being demolished soon and being replaced with a garage. Then Mr Tubs got his tax bill, plus they'd like some for next year as he's self employed. He's going to get it revised as he's now 90% retired and their bill for next year is more than he'll earn! Any room round the back of Rackhams??!!

(((( waisters ))))
Edited: 15/11/2012 at 11:52
15/11/2012 at 12:35

Afternoon,

It seems as if times are hard for many WAISTers at the moment .

(((FarFarFamily)))

(((Amandax and family)))

(((XB))) life being shitty and stressful sounds tough.

(((Snaily)))

I'm soooo glad to hear that C2 is so much better

I am also glad to hear that Podds had a fun evening. 'Fun' is something that sometimes seems to be in scarce supply.

Sue, how lovely that you interviewed someone who sounds as if they will carry on the good things that you have started.

Today is grey and dismal, albeit still quite mild. Yesterday was so much nicer - 'Thursday man'and I went to the pub by the river (which is only about 1.5 miles from home) and were lucky enough to see a kingfisher perched on a branch .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

15/11/2012 at 12:49

((((Amanda and Family)))) hard times for you all, hope FIL is comfortable.

I iz poorly ill at home, drinking orange juce and taking drugs 

15/11/2012 at 12:58
Oh hope you feel better soonSnaily
15/11/2012 at 13:16

afternoon all

((((Amandax)))

((((Snaily))))

no news here and no running - feel flabby

ooh Sluggy - I've never seen a kingfisher - how fab!

got an email from Santa today

15/11/2012 at 14:05

Morning ?!

It seems that there is a lot of bad stuff going around - so if I miss anyone - apologies

(((((((JFF, Amandax, XB, Snaily, Daffers, MS, WINs and ther families))))))))

A super dose of ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ as they seem to be needed by just about everyone

and a little wooo hoo - just in case

I have survived the If that is Card. It looks as if I'll be back there again next week.

I have had a message from someone parading as Santa - is it like one of those pyramid selling scams or linked to a Nigerian bank account?? If not, one of you should be afraid - very afraid - mwah ha ha ha ha

I should go and vote seeing as people died for the privilege. I just find this one a bit of a waste of money- if it's designed to give us more of a say I don't feel I have enough information to make my vote valid and wasn't aware anything needed fixing. However may go and vote independent as I don't think the whole thing should be linked back to party politics. Oooh - get me and my soap box.

Happy Thursday one and all

M...eldy    pirate
15/11/2012 at 16:02

Its a little late for Kingfishers is it not?   I see them regularly along the canal down here which is nice

I have swam lots and I am now Hank Marvin, sadly I am at w*rk so cant stuff my face just yet

15/11/2012 at 17:12

Afternoonington each.

I have to vote too.  Absolutely no info from the candidates.  It's all so half ar53d.  They have to pay a £5000 deposit and don't even get a mailshot for their money.  I fancied standing myself, but not at that price.  I guess I'll vote along tribal lines.

The car is having 2 new tyres and a new battery in addition to the service and MOT.

Ouch, I hear you say.  Looks like HL may get 2 new tyres and a battery for Christmas.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.