working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,261 to 212,280 of 229,781 messages
15/11/2012 at 18:19

Noggs, just so you know it all kicks off at 8:30 this evening, which is earlier than normal because of last evenings football.

Happy to help, I know how you'd hate to miss it

I have had a beer  infact two  and on a school night  and I haven't run all week.....double

Only two more steels to go in !!

M...eldy    pirate
15/11/2012 at 18:42

I have had a rather large tea .. I was very hungry!

15/11/2012 at 18:47

I'm a bit cross about this election too (apart from the fact we got a child-free day at school and were able to get things sorted towards our upcoming RE inspection!), I don't want to vote for people I know nothing about and I don't really understand the issues. What next - will people who know nothing expect to have a say in running education????

oh, hang on ...

go and look for your own photo of Gove, if you haven't had your tea

Edited: 15/11/2012 at 18:48
15/11/2012 at 20:07

I agree the police election is really annoying.  I thought policing was crime fighting NOT politics, so why should it matter if the person in charge is Labour, Con or Lib - isnt the target to fight crime????

Me and Vicks are having a close relationship 

Spence...............an hour and half of Jungle tonight

Nog
15/11/2012 at 20:21
Oh dear spence, my telly seems to have spontaneously thrown itself into a skip. And I so wanted to watch it.
Never mind, I'm going to a Christmas party in a few weeks, I'm sure there'll be loads of people there who can't dance - i'll watch them instead.
Today, so far, I've earned 50 quid and spent ??744. There must be a job for me in Brussels.
M...eldy    pirate
15/11/2012 at 21:00

I spent £16 in the food store .. I may have earnt that since I sat down this afternoon

2 hrs and I can go home 

Nog
15/11/2012 at 21:28

Afternoonington each.

I have to vote too.  Absolutely no info from the candidates.  It's all so half ar53d.  They have to pay a £5000 deposit and don't even get a mailshot for their money.  I fancied standing myself, but not at that price.  I guess I'll vote along tribal lines.

The car is having 2 new tyres and a new battery in addition to the service and MOT.

Ouch, I hear you say.  Looks like HL may get 2 new tyres and a battery for Christmas.

Nog
15/11/2012 at 21:29

Now, I never did that!

16/11/2012 at 07:55

Never first in at 7:55 !?

Morning

Children In Need, that'll get Noggs started

(((((WIN))))

16/11/2012 at 08:09
Miorning. Worst nights sleep. All sorts of emotions going on. Not helped by fact eldest witnessed a RTA yesterday , his friends car hit in college car park. He was so sensible as women didn't want to give details so he called police. Them last night got text from a family member of said lady basically trying to intimidate him. He didn't reply , called his friend and at half nine took himself off to police station to report it. So proud of him

Saw FIL yesterday. Bit muddled but ok. Waitng to hear from palliative care team. OH struggling with it. He doesn't do emotion so it's hard to see him like that. Am signed off work for 2 weeks, I just couldn't go in, tears flowing too easily and would have to go on same ward as FIL at some point which would be hard.
16/11/2012 at 08:13
Youngest gone off to college. He.is going to be dressed as a Banana first thing then later a monkey apparently! Not sure much studying is going to be done today!
16/11/2012 at 08:38

Morning

((((((((((Amandax and family))))))))) You really are having a hard time of it aren't you.

((((((((WIN))))))) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indeed Spence - Children in Need - you can hear Noggy and Sluggy groaning from here! I am w*rking from home - I am not wearing pyjamas for chariy - I thought I'd wear proper clothes for a change 

Last night I went out - book club with a folk night attached - Tiddow and O'Hooley. It made me think of Daffers. I had to leave before they finished - it was a school night and they didn't even start till after 9.

Happy Friday one and all

Nog
16/11/2012 at 08:40

Morning each and well done to jnr, Amanda.

I always look forward to Children in Need.  

I like being held up in traffic whilst the local trumptons collect money at the traffic  lights.  I enjoy people sitting in baths of beans and the sight of Terry Wogan massaging his own ego really does it for me.

The thought that such frolics take over an entire, taxpayer funded TV channel is neither here nor there, I'll read a book.

A day at fave customers today, loads to do.

Later

16/11/2012 at 09:00

Morning all and loads of (((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) for those in need

Talking of in need please excuse the old cynic but I can't get my head round some of the needy overseas.

India
 India’s Defence Budget 2012-13
Byline: Laxman Kumar Behera / New Delhi
The Union Budget 2012-13, presented to the Indian Parliament in March 2012, has allocated US $40.3 billion for the Defence Services that include the three armed forces (Army, Navy and Air Force), the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Ordnance Factories. The allocation - which constitutes India’s official defence budget - is an increase of 17.6 per cent over the previous amount.

Uk aid to India  $300 million per year and just can't help thinking  why ??

Oops having a soap box morning must be time for more coffee

16/11/2012 at 10:25

May not be PC Westie but I couldn't agree more

The concept of taking with one hand whilst spending far more of your "own" money however is something that also starts at the individual level in most countries..........living in a socio-economically deprived area etc etc with a silly number of people on benefits left, right and centre it never ceases to amaze me how their kids have up to date blackberrries and other techno whizz stuff but no school trousers (less than £10!!)

Oh dear ..........rant attack snuck up on me

*carefully hands soap box back to Westie*

16/11/2012 at 11:50

India aid will be phased out by 2015 but charities say that will "hurt" the poor, Ok India don't buy a few rockets and warheads .
I must be having one of those days today, where is Noggy when you need him now will some one take this soap box off me please.

Another 5 miles done and dusted all be it very slow but none stop again and no walking.

M...eldy    pirate
16/11/2012 at 11:53
We'll be in need of a new soap box at this rate !!
16/11/2012 at 12:07

morning all

((((Amandax)))

I'll keep off the soap box I think

but ladies at work are wearing jim-jams for children in need - its a bit of fun!

fil still with us, in fact he was sitting up and drinking coffee yesterday, Mr FF is finding this really hard - talking about taking him home and nursing him himself! I hate seeing him so low. work is cheery so its a nice distraction but I'm on holiday next week so can at least be a bit more supportive

16/11/2012 at 12:09

*self indulgent post alert*

aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

W*rking from home today in order to get damp proofing finished which was delayed from last week. Have moved important work commitments around to allow this to happen whilst making my life more complicated. Phoned damp proofing company earlier in the week to ensure all was arranged. So why.....why, indeed, do they phone to say they can't make it as planned and can they come on Monday instead??????

After an interesting conversation, they promise they will be with me this afternoon.

*and breathes*

16/11/2012 at 12:22

Oh dear - trials and tribulations

(((((JFF and family))))

((((((((DL)))))))))) - it p*sses me off beyond belief when they do that to you - I've had several such conversations over the years.............

I am seriously struggling for motivation today so could someone please find the harribert

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.