working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,321 to 212,340 of 239,098 messages
27/11/2012 at 12:58

Podds, what I want to know is, how did he get there? Did he manage to lift the tiles in the patio, or did he just tunnel through? (And I'm with JFF-- that's WAY TO COLD for anyone!!) BTW, I'm not sure even smelling salts would do the trick this time---think I need something for a queasy stomach 

Nogs, given that 4 of the next 6 weeks involve holiday time, you'd better whack that passport application in pronto, I'd say! Sorry to hear about the ribs, tho. I did something like that when I was working in the garden in France and it took about 6 weeks to heal.  Hope yours gets better much more quickly!

XB: yaaaaayyyy! Hope this means that whatever the niggle was, it's on its way out now. And your day sounds delightful---a lucky couple of ladies there, too!

(((((((((((((((((Amandax))))))))))))))

Tough times for sure. It is very upsetting to see the olds not doing well, and it doesn't help that you are in pain yourself and can't even get out for a run. Hope the return to work goes all right and you don't need to deal with your FIL. I would have thought they would try to avoid professional staff having to deal with family members?

(((((((((((((((FarFars)))))))))))))

It does help to get back to work and some routine; a bit like being on a treadmill, where something else keeps you moving on a moment-to-moment basis. A big bereavement requires you to literally restructure your mental world, which is hard and tiring, and something that just keeps the hours and days going by while you get used to the new situation can be steadying. Thinking of you all, especially Mr FarFar. 

Rossie and I did a gentle 4.5 k. Very slow, with plenty of walk breaks, but the barefoot approach does work for me so I'm a happy bunny. About to go to the shops with C2---rock and roll, eh?!?

27/11/2012 at 14:07

Yeee hhaaaahhhh - I have finally got my work email inbox down to

27/11/2012 at 16:27
Double XB and the Rise of the Vowels

Trouble was brewing in the hedgerows. Militant Voles were preparing for revolution. All warning signs were ignored as the media was focussing on the sudden disappearance of Daniel Craig, dressed only in blue speedos and last seen being forced head first into a bus by a group of people dressed in Lycra. There was much head scratching as to how a bus with two canoes, a coffee machine and several bikes strapped to it had managed to disappear into thin air.

Thank dog for Dubble XB. Armed only with his trusty spatula he took up 007s mantle with aplomb.

Deep in the bowels of Asda mischief was afoot. Imelda, recently escaped from the cop shop and accompanied by her feisty side kick Pikey, was raiding the Alphabetti Spaghetti. Back at Vole Verges the letters were rapidly discarded with the exception of the W's which the Voles devoured with relish. Pikey had to be actively restrained to prevent him from devouring the Voles. That would come later. (Evil laughter)

"At last! " Imelda cried, " an army of Vowels, destined to create mayhem"

"O" cried a vole, "A?" Asked another. "U?"

"With the vowels in control of the consonants, English is finished! Best avoid Welsh though." Shouted Imelda, " Now, for the Cabonara!"

Leaping into a chariot drawn by two bronze ducks and a furiously pedalling Beast, the arch villain and her Vowels hit the M 6.

Meanwhile, unaware of any impending danger, Dubble XB continued to peel and chop, bow tie safely cling filmed, cuff links and sleeves protected by elbow length marigolds. Little did he know that he would soon be wielding his spatula to defend the honour of Cabonara as never before.

To be continued .....
27/11/2012 at 16:52

Tubs, have you been sniffing household cleaning products?  

HL has been making Christmas Puds, I've got my cards off to NZ, HL's passport application is in the post, I've taxed the car and done some some other stuff.

I'm dosed up on anti inflammatory's and co codamol as my ribs are quite hurty.

27/11/2012 at 17:11

Tubs? .......... what happens next?

27/11/2012 at 17:26

*settles down for part 2 with great anticipation*

Just one question though Tubs......is double XB wearing only his bow tie and elbow length marigolds.......? It might influence the quantity of alcofrol required for part 2

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 17:53

Gosh ... I have totally forgotten what I was going to say now  

27/11/2012 at 18:02

Has Tubs been drinking!!?

((((Mr Far Far)))) tough times

27/11/2012 at 18:34

*pulls up a chair and squidges up with Mrs dawg*

*waits patiently*

Hurry up Tubbsy, I have to go to plod club soon  - don't keep me in suspenders. Dunno if Tubs has been drinking but whatever it is, I want some

((farfars)))

(((mandax)))

(((nog ribs))) Perhaps HL has been poking you in the ribs at night ? Ok, I'll take the risk of eating and drinking and having fun - dangerous though it may be.

You must get cold tootsies when you run barefoot this time of year, chuggs I did smile at the idea of you hoping the case isn't settled.

Its not nice out there. Local traffic chaos here due to main roads flooding - think 2 hrs to travel 5 miles - oh I love my bike

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 18:41

Looks like 'our' part of the M25 is closed ... Lorry v Bridge, I think I can guess who won

Anyroad, 1hr in the pool and a 2 in the gym for me, a few hours of down time and then off to work for the night
Need to decide what I am going to wear for the Pirate do this weekend, almost more importantly I am getting a proper bike fit done whilst I am down there and so I need to remember to take the bike as well !!

XB
27/11/2012 at 19:56

Crikey. What an exciting day and that's without any bowels, vowels or voles.

(What has Tubs found in the drinks cabinet?)

Nearly a disaster when we turned up at BBC HQ for the recording. Apparently they send out more tickets than there are seats and we were too late - the allocated number had already been registered. However we were numbers 1 to 4 on the reserve list and there's usually not a problem. So we had a very nervous wait for 30 minutes but we were eventually let in. The only seats left were right behind the slebs.

It was right inneresting and a good laugh - the celebs were not a-list but there were a couple of gold medals, a soap star and a comedian. Thank god the girls are trustworthy; we didn't get home until 7pm.

27/11/2012 at 20:29

Sleb spotting alert.

I'm watching Holby (ok, ok I deserve evrything coming my way) BUT I had a coffee with the actress playing the new CEO, last year.

I thought she looked familiar  We struck up a conversation in my SIL's coffee shop.

Not quite James Bond but as good as gets in NogWorld.

27/11/2012 at 20:50

Evening

(((((((Far Far family))))))

((((((Amandax)))))))

??????Tubbs???????

sleb city in here tonight

and Mr P has been sent to Siberia?! Is that better than the patio scenario?

I appear to be in Norwich for an overnighter with the full set of germs. I have however had my own revenge. Had a phonecall from OH to discover she has done her own bushtucker trial. She got to play chase the cat/vole combo - although in her version she described the vole as a rat - it wasn't she's just a wuss

27/11/2012 at 21:52
Nogs!!!!?

Watching Holby!!!!!??
*shocked face*

When will it be on the telly XB !?
27/11/2012 at 22:39
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

*settles down for part 2 with great anticipation*

Just one question though Tubs......is double XB wearing only his bow tie and elbow length marigolds.......? It might influence the quantity of alcofrol required for part 2

Clearly this one is going to have a X certificate! 

Glad they let you in for the recording, though, XB; I imagine the ladies would not have been best pleased to have been turned away. But sounds like the day turned out just as special as it was planned to be. 

Yums, one of the greatest joys of commuting by bike is zooming past the long queue of frustrated motorists  Enjoy!

Nogs, I KNOW I'm going to regret this, but what's Holby? Is it one of those East Ender clones? 

DL, poor OH, being left to cope with the cat-and-vole duo! I expect your welcome home will be exceptionally fervent, even if you are all lurgified 

Tubs, we need the next chapter. NOW!

C2 is one of those people who always makes everyone feel happy. He just showed me this----it's worth watching. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 23:21

Holby is like Casualty Chuggs, in fact it might even have been a spin off at some stage .. at least we know that Noggs has a guilty pleasure and we have a stick to beat him with 

I (did) have a nice lemon duvet cover on my bed, that was until the GPO landed on it during the day seemingly to dry his feet and his undercarriage and deposit all the rubbish and detritus that he brought in with him ...

I was talking to a colleague at work only yesterday singing the praises of my ancient washing machine that is about 20 years old.   I spoke too soon.

I now have a puddle in the kitchen courtesy of the aforementioned machine, a pot in the 'dining room' catching a drip from the roof, a well placed sink in the bathroom catching a drip from the roof, two pots in the attic room (my bedroom) catching drips from the roof
I would quite like it if my landlady answered her phone once in a while  Gggrrrrr  

In better news ....

I may need a moment to think on that one

27/11/2012 at 23:54
M...eldy wrote (see)

Need to decide what I am going to wear for the Pirate do this weekend,

How about that wonderwoman outfit that had the boys' tongues hanging out a few years ago

M...eldy wrote (see)

almost more importantly I am getting a proper bike fit done whilst I am down there and so I need to remember to take the bike as well !!

I would love to have this done but
- I gather it's expensive
- I'd prolly have to have it done on the 3 main bikes to make it worthwhile
- I believe the nearest place is central london and that would mean somehow a day trip with 3 bikes into the middle of the big smoke...... *shudders*

Do tell how it goes - I've heard nothing but good from people who've had it done

Anyway bed for me now, sweet dreams all

*passes Meldy another bucket* - if it makes it any better the rain here has now stopped and it was moving south to north this time I believe so hopefully it's stopped up your way too

27/11/2012 at 23:57

And just opened my bedroom window to see a big fox trotting along cool as anything along the path   And quite a big healthy one too as opposed to some of the ones we see floating around here.......

the DG will not be impressed tomorrow morning when he smells its trail outside his front door........

Nitol (again)

28/11/2012 at 04:28
Wide awake since 3am ain't no fun.
No fun at all.

Blimey Melds that's a lot of drips!!
M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 05:18

Podds .. you only need the fit done on one bike, you get a computer print out to apply to all the others
There is a place in Londinium and there could be a Pirate discount

Goodness yes the WW outfit, I think I sold that on for more than I paid for it!

Spence you should have said!  I have struggled to stay awake tonight, we could have swapped!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.