working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,321 to 212,340 of 235,779 messages
17/11/2012 at 22:46
Nice one Nogs!

Cracking telly, I've laughed me head off! And chatted with Snaily !
17/11/2012 at 23:36
Happy running anniversary XB

And happy anniversary to the Daffies

That's an impressive collection of waister bicycles :0)

Bit of schooling with Megs this morning, first time I've ridden for about 6 weeks. Started from scratch getting her fit 3 weeks ago. Now I need to start my own fattening programme.

Mini tubs is staying the night. Lovely to see him after his holidays :0)

Blue and Oskar are both booked in for ops on Thursday. Mr Tubs is worrying that I may go for the hat trick :0)

(((( waisters))))
17/11/2012 at 23:38
Ha! Just re read that! The fattening programme is going great guns, it's the fittening programme that I need to address! Ruddy iPad! Who invented auto correct?!
18/11/2012 at 07:56

Morning each,

Come on you lazy bunch.  The coffee is on.

Has anyone seen my new winter cycling gloves?

18/11/2012 at 08:26
Morning

Tea please Nogs

Tubbs, seeing that newspaper cutting on your cover photo really brings home the reality of your start on life, glad all turned out well hurrah for Mr Tubbs!

We're off to Shrewsbury
Once I've had me cuppa in bed, where is Nogs!!?
18/11/2012 at 09:32

Lazy indeed! this is the first time I've been in bed past 6.30am all bloody week!

XB
18/11/2012 at 09:49

9 bikes for 2 people? 6 bikes for 1 person? Crazy. 5 bikes for 4 of us here.

You enjoy your lie in, Dafty. Especially on your anniversary weekend.

18/11/2012 at 10:23

We probably have a fair number of bikes, once you add up the old ones that have been kept for 'spares' ...two usable bikes for three of us. Goodness knows how many others.

And computers?!?! upgrade one but you keep it to transfer files to the new one, and then it's too good to throw away, then it's too old to give away ...We used to have a huge collection of TVs that didn't work as people would give them to Mr P as he 'might be able to do something with them' ... he did eventually throw them away!

Pippette came home from a week working in Manchester with a food parcel for the elderly parents Manchester Christmas fair/fayre (don't get me started on ye and Anglo-Saxon thorn!) is on and she has got us Dutch almond cake thingies (Chuggy?) and lots of German sausages, smoked mackerel in all sorts of flavours and fudge! Tubs, you can start your fattening program over here!

18/11/2012 at 10:35
Morning. I am at my Marshall point. Marathoners all just gone through forfirst time. Twice more yet! It's a gorgeous day and I have food and a chair so well sorted!
Also have jelly babies and flapjacks for runners
Off to visit FIL later
M...eldy    pirate
18/11/2012 at 10:55
I'm off out on the bike in a bit ... Will keep an eye out for Noggs on the cols!!
18/11/2012 at 11:29
I'm in a coffee shop in winslow melds. I'll shout you a coffee and bacon roll.
18/11/2012 at 11:37

(((((((((((()))))))))))))) to all WAISters with problems at the moment.

Congrats to Daffs and XB on their respective anniversaries. I'm an ex smoker, I gave up on no smoking day in 1985, I hate smoking with a passion

One bike between four in our house, and that's a BMX bike belonging to my youngest son who is now too big for it! Mrs GFB has asked for a bike for christmas so we'll go and see what she likes in the next few days. 

Did anybody fancy a fry up? Too late, it's been eaten by my hungry horde.

12 miles for me this morning, it was cold and crisp but lovely when the sun came up. Part of my run was through out local country park which wasn't open but I was able to get in through one of the many kissing gates. I had the entire park to myself! 

Have a good day one and all.

18/11/2012 at 11:46
Bacon and cheese toasted butty in bed :0) Almost as decadent as Spence's fried egg :0) I love Mr Tubs :0)
18/11/2012 at 11:50
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/tubsterr62/6d55cd9ec0bf53a02fe1896f01a6e457_zpsbd5739ab.jpg

The pic Spence was referring to. The only photo I have of me as a baby.
18/11/2012 at 13:26

Crumbs Tubs, now there's a story.

I don't think I have a photo of me before my mid 40's.  I'll need to root through my stuff.

Just done 52 miles.  It felt quite hard work but the tale on the computer was ok.  I was on the fully winterised hack bike which is pretty low rent so I shouldn't worry too mnuch.

Shower and a visit to The Lion I think.

XB
18/11/2012 at 13:45

Crikey, Tubbs. What a story. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you not having a back story.

Well ridden, Noggles.

Sweetcorn pancakes gobbled by 75% of the family. That's the pass mark and usual success rate so I'm happy with that.

18/11/2012 at 14:59

Lots of bikes---feels like home )) We have only six for a family of 5, but that gives us one each (which are used daily when we are all in residence) and a spare

Happy anniversary Daffies! And many more happy years to you both ))

Podds: 

Nog, The Beast. wrote (see)

I think you'll find you can live a full life without swimming butterfly.  

Having devoted many teenage hours to mastering this horrible movement, I can second what Nogs says. Forget it. 

XB, 75% pass rate with family food is truly excellent ) And congrats on your anniversary: that's nine years of inspiring and motivating the rest of us, too, you know. xxx

Gee, Tubs, must be great to be getting going with Meg again, and to have mini Tubs about (he is SO BIG now in his pictures!!). But as XB put it so well, it must be very wistful not to know your own story. I join Spence in cheering for Mr Tubs. 

Oh Pippi, go on! A full blast of Anglo-Saxon thorn would be great, so don't be shy! As for the 'Dutch almond cake thingies'...hmmm. Lots of almondy things about just now. What shape are they? And where is the almondy bit? If they are round and flattish with almond paste in the middle (between top and bottom crust) then I think they're gevullde koek. But if you have something long and thin (possibly shaped into an initial, like an S), with almond paste wrapped inside flaky pastry, then you might have amandelstaf. Further info is required!

GFB, sounds like all is well in the FB household and your day got off to a perfect start )) 

Amandax, hope the marshalling has gone well. A day away from the workface sounds good. Still thinking very much of your FIL.

Also of course

(((((((((((((((((((((((((JFF and FIL)))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((Snaily, mum, snaunty))))))))))))

Nice day here. At coffee on the way home from church at the table next to us was  Mark Rutte, the Prime Minister. He was having coffee and reading the morning papers just like the other half dozen people. No security or anything. Nice that he can do it! 

And in case you have been worrying, I am please to say that Sinterklaas has arrived in Nederland again )) By steamboat, from Spain, of course. Look here:

http://nos.nl/video/441622-sinterklaas-komt-aan-in-roermond.html

His arrival was naturally a top item on the national news, as it is every year.

Starting to get dark and cold so need to pop out with Rossie and attempt 3 slow miles. xxxx

18/11/2012 at 15:18

Afternoon Al

Now I remember why:
-  I don't do XC very often
- I should do it more often

Tubsterr wrote (see)

Blue and Oskar are both booked in for ops on Thursday. Mr Tubs is worrying that I may go for the hat trick :0) 

LOL Tubs - are you going to find all 3 of them hiding in a corner come Thursday I wonder?  I remember your cutting from some years ago.........

Today I came with inches of making a massive blooper - was really suffering on the run and as you do as one of the marshals cheered me on (it was run by my tri club but I had to run for my running club as they are my 1st claim club) I nearly said "I think I'm going to die...." or words to that effect...........which would be fine if said marshal wasn't actually long term ill with cancer and is only being kept alive by experimental meds currently

18/11/2012 at 16:36

Afternoon,

It sounds as if people have been able to get out and enjoy this beautiful day. I ventured on my bike for the first time since easter . Just a gentle spin along the prom in the sunshine, it was blissful.

Still thinking of those who are going through difficult times ((((( )))))

Mmmm, anything with almonds/almond paste gets my vote!

XB, is it always the same 25% that doesn't enjoy their food?

Chuggy, I am glad that Sinterklaas arrived safely. I hope that you have had an enjoyable time.

(((WIN)))

WAIST wellxxx  

18/11/2012 at 17:07

Tubs, HL was most moved by your piccie and the tiny bit of the story she saw.

We've just been over The Lion and , as we're halfway through Movember, there were lots of men with dodgy taches,  I said to the barman ' It's like a gay bar'  He said ' What do you mean LIKE a gay bar?'  

Looks like The Lion is embracing the Pink Pound.

With a mighty Woo Hoo for Slugs and her 'Old Ordinary'

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.