working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,341 to 212,360 of 238,396 messages
28/11/2012 at 06:42
Spence, should have come round and we could have gone for run.
Dreadful night sleep, never really dropped off properly. Mind in total overdrive and I've had arguments in my head with the ward, drs, social services etc. And today was my one day I could lie in. Aaagh
28/11/2012 at 07:12

awww, chuggs, what a fab vidjeo

((sleepless ones)))

Ah yes, the WW outfit- superb and the best investment I ever made buying it off some tall horsey bint

Plod clubbed last night - oddly quiet - could the rain and wind have detered the lilly livered ones

DL, its payback for OH sharing her germs - see, karma

And helllo Wednesday ...

28/11/2012 at 07:32

28/11/2012 at 07:42

Yummy Mummy's 80th burfdee today

28/11/2012 at 07:48

Morning each,

a carp nights sleep here too - a heady combo of hurty ribs and the usual guilt.

M...eldy wrote (see)

Holby is like Casualty Chuggs, in fact it might even have been a spin off at some stage .. at least we know that Noggs has a guilty pleasure and we have a stick to beat him with 

I never said I enjoyed it! 

Happy birthday to YumMum.

More coffee needed.

28/11/2012 at 09:37

Morning All

Aahaa - might drop you an email re bike fitting stuff then Melds Shame about the WW outfit....... perhaps Yums would lend it back for the weekend?

Happy Yummy Mummy 80th today Is she having a wild party?

Don't know if it was the full moon or what but the bleedin' dogs had me up and down like a yoyo during the night - bed at midnight, the DG up at 0130 needing out, the NV around 0300 ditto, Sharkey ditto around 0430 and then he ate what the NV produced at 0300   it's very difficult to shout "no" quietly at 0430 but he did get a massive smack for his troubles as he knows he's not supposed to do that. He goes months not eating it then has a "phase"

Oh well c'est la vie - the sun is shining and the sky is blue so despite the night's shennigans I'm marginally cheerful today (don't want to overdo it!!!)

Laters

28/11/2012 at 10:03

morning all

happy birthday to yummy mummy

28/11/2012 at 13:58

Where is everyone?

HL's steaming her puddings

My winter wheels have arrived so I'll be fighting the painful ribs to get them fitted.  I've done one and it went ok.

I've surprised myself in that, despite my aversion to OTT C*******s related silliness, I've actually done a good chunk of present buying online.  

I've got to sort some books for the littlies in NZ and some flights to book.

28/11/2012 at 14:48

Happy Birthday Yummie mummy

Carp nights sleep, mornings work, 5 miles run, afternoon delight, I'm blinkin exhausted !!

28/11/2012 at 14:59

just for the more mature members

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

28/11/2012 at 16:10

28/11/2012 at 16:22

naughty Westie!

Anyway, you're not old til you're at least 60 I say. I flatly refuse to have an old boyfriend until I myself have at least got past 40!

My mum just rang to say she's buying me a commemorarive photo from the marathon Love mothers sometimes Have chosen this one

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/photo.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2012/Chester%20Marathon&photo=CHMH1162&bib=2342

28/11/2012 at 16:31

Speaking of over 60's.

I went to the Triage Nurse today for some advice on managing the pain from my ribs.  She wrote me a prescription which I got made up - FREE.

I'm going to hurt myself more often.

Daffs, It was never in my lifeplan to sleep with a grandmother and a pensioner, but it's happened.

I'm off to look at Daffs piccie.

28/11/2012 at 16:38

Excellent prescription-nabbing there Noggs. I'm fortunate enough to get all mine free now (something about  dying if I don't keep taking the tablets or some such nonsense).

It's still not in my lifeplan to sleep with a grandmother :P And it'll be a very unlikely long shot if there's ever a grandfather in there (or any type of father, for that matter!)

I've been making a vegan version of sherry trifle

M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 16:54
Morning all

Good sleep for me, must have needed that!
I have 1001 things to do and I promised myself I would go to the gym and I need to pack for Friday as I'm on nights until then and I'm sat here drinking coffee !!
28/11/2012 at 18:11

Great video Chuggs. I've even shared it on FB (although I'm usually a bit averse to things like that ...)

Westie that was quite an amusing joke!

What is the world coming to?

We had an open morning for Parents to see/share RE lessons. We painted a picture of our mum, helped to paint a big picture of Mary for the wall, and made collage angels. This is all good for a display when we have our RE Inspection next week! it was quite good really. 17 parents in!

(((Far fars)))

to Spence - at least you should sleep well tonight!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/11/2012 at 19:49

evening

There must have been something in the air last night, I also had a crap night's sleep. 

Lovely moon out there tonight and Jupiter is as bright and clear as the moon. (but not as bright and clear as the nearby estate is at this time of year!)

Noggs, if you live in Wales EVERYONE gets free prescriptions, what we can't get is an appointment in the first place 

for one who bans all mention of the C word or shopping for same before the 1st December, I've not only bought all the grandchildren, but wrapped them as well!!! I do have rather a lot of the little dahlings now though. Dan's partner as brought another two into the family, she's having another in February, which means me shopping for 10 grandchildren this time next year 

I've given my notice in this week [big wibble]. My last day as an employed person will be the 1st of June next year [bigger wibble]

28/11/2012 at 20:08

10 grandchildren and you've wrapped them all?

How cruel!

28/11/2012 at 20:11
Ooh Dragon big changes afoot next year!

I've just wrapped my Secret Santa present
28/11/2012 at 20:13

Where is everyone?

HL's steaming her puddings

My winter wheels have arrived so I'll be fighting the painful ribs to get them fitted.  I've done one and it went ok.

I've surprised myself in that, despite my aversion to OTT C*******s related silliness, I've actually done a good chunk of present buying online.  

I've got to sort some books for the littlies in NZ and some flights to book.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.