working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,361 to 212,380 of 237,129 messages
28/11/2012 at 20:15

Why does that happen when I reload a different computer?

28/11/2012 at 20:16
Lol!
I was thinking that too!
Welsh grandmas are well mean!!
28/11/2012 at 20:18
Oh that was to Dragon not you Nogs!
M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 20:52
Blimey Sue, well done you! What are you going to do with yourself?!

I have amazed myself my going for a quick run before nights, it's dark out there ????

Is that Jupiter by the moon?? I'm hopeless with some parts of astronomy!! Can spot the usual formations but after that I'm a bit lost!

Anyroad.... Time to go back to the crime face

Toodles
28/11/2012 at 22:53

Good grief Meldy - the plan hasn't even started yet - take it easy, you know how easy it is to get bored around week 20 at the best of times let alone if you've made an easy start

Dragon lady - I am impressed with your grandchild wrapping and super excited about your upcomning change of status - a really big change that's for sure but how nice to move onto the next stage of life

Sluggie - thought of you earlier as there was a story about chronic back pain relieving surgery of a new type on BBC SE news......unfortunately I'd dozed off so I missed it but I'll have a fish around tomorrow and see if I can find it

Off to bed now - boys just been out and here's hoping that despite the full moon they have a more peaceful night tonight and we can all dream sweet dreams

sleep tight all - bar Wonderwoman, saviour of the universe.............or was that Flash?

PS - I am not entering into any form of conversation re diddling with grannies and grandads..............

M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 23:43

Nah .. wasn't getting carried away Podds never fear
I had intended trying to fill my night shifts somehow and have never really felt like it when I got up so I decided to try something just before I leave for work rather than when I just got up which seemed to work so I may just try that a few times and see how it goes

Nights tonight (obviously) and a long late tomorrrow and then off down to Brizzle on Friday lunchtime. I am really conscious of getting away early so that I dont get caught in any traffic that will give my effing car an excuse to cut out on me again!

29/11/2012 at 07:16

Morning

Boy did I have a great sleep

sleep well Meldy

29/11/2012 at 07:28

morning

It's part of my life plan to sleep with a grandmother - ackershally, anyone for that matter

LOL at Sue and her 10 wrapped grandchildren - does it eep the noise  in ?

And woo hoo, a retired woman next year - how hoobacious - just think of all that time to train - m....eldy, I believ you will have another PieRat soon

Podds, at least the boys tell you they want out....... who can blame them for wanting to howl at that bewtiful moon though

Nippy out there Full moon must mean nekkid dancing for the Buddha club - oh lookee, we're having a shindig tonight - face stuffing, meditation and tea - hoorah

29/11/2012 at 07:52

ooer, I hope its not Uranus we can see, M...eldy

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/11/2012 at 08:09

morning

Just had a lush run in the moonlight , a bit slippy in places, a couple of sneaky icepatches, but one of those runs where everything feels right. My legs were bright red with the cold when I got in, even now I've been in the shower they are still  tingly .

I knew that was Jupiter keeping the moon company all night cos the man on the radio said so . He also said some strong binoculars would let you see some of the Jupiter moons it was so clear last night.

Lol at the grandchildren quip - TBH they are all so lovely, can't be doing with them all at once but I love to see them. It's a whole different relationship than with your own kiddies, I love to spoil them and cwtch them - I suppose that'll be the most rewarding thing of retiring next year.

Better get going to work now - see ya later 

29/11/2012 at 08:19

Morning

I'd forgotten quite how cold it is living on a north facing coast with a northerly wind - but it was also glorious with the moon (and yes Jupiter too!) hanging around.

In a week or so apparently there is a night when there'll be Jupiter, Mars and Mercury and I think one other all visible together in a line..........but I can't remember exactly which planets and which day

Best get a wiggle on now for work - only problem with walking on the beach with the gang is that I'm always "late" for work as a result....

29/11/2012 at 11:55

Oooh, retiring Dragon! I'm quite jealous

Podds, I wouldn't worry, I was over an hour late for work this morning! Pesky trains.

29/11/2012 at 14:16

cold but bright day up here so managed a 6.4 mile slow plod knacked but pleased.

now where is the coffee. ??

play nice or I will post another "joke"

29/11/2012 at 14:44

Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.

Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blonde hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skilful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!

29/11/2012 at 14:45

G'day each,

A lovely crisp sunny day here.

My  Audi looks a bit sad, I've taken off its nice ally wheels and replaced them with winter tyres on steel rims, that should guarantee a mild dry winter.

Speaking of which, it's snowing in Italy (5 and a bit weeks to go) and Austria.

I've been trying to buy flights to Montenegro for next September.  There seems to be only one direct flight a week.  Thecheapest flights come up on some very dodgy agents websites, luckily I googled the agents to look at reviews before I went ahead.  I went through Opodo in the end as they have a good reputation.

There were only 5 seats left on the plane and I booked 4 of them.

My ribs  are still sore but definately improving, I'll be back on the pace next week i hope.

GD is carol singing with her school in town later - it's the light turning on milarkey, so we'll have a wander in.

29/11/2012 at 14:45

TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.

Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the Hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other sh*t too.

29/11/2012 at 14:46

THURSDA Y!
Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes.

Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny b*tch to find me

Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY :

I hate that b*tch Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anaemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damned barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.

Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

29/11/2012 at 14:47

SATURDAY :

Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY :
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little cow) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!! 

29/11/2012 at 14:55

Thank you Podds.

Quiet day?

XB
29/11/2012 at 14:57

Afternoon

LOL. Are you in cut and paste heaven, Podds?

I have gone from Grrrrr for Grumpy to Haaaa for Happy

Today was supposed to be the day of my "urgent" eye appointment at Preston. So I drive the hour, pay £3 for parking and pitch up at reception where they tell me my appointment has been cancelled by the admin peeps at my GPs. Thanks for telling me. Grrrrrrrr.

I decide to make up for it be heading for a hill I've never walked up before. What a treat. Views over Clitheroe to Pendle Hill, views North over the Yorkshire Peaks and the Bowland Fells.

I have snaps but don't know how to put em up here.

Oh and I ran this morning. Not too much but it was a run.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.