working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,381 to 212,400 of 237,503 messages
XB
29/11/2012 at 15:00

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/20753/gallery/p1020310a.jpg?width=350

XB
29/11/2012 at 15:03

I have a new skill. Can y'all see that? Want another?

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/20753/gallery/p1020298a.jpg?width=350

XB
29/11/2012 at 15:08

Woo hoo. I didn't realise it was so easy.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/20753/gallery/p1020317.jpg?width=350

29/11/2012 at 15:45

Great photos XB - I particularly like the 2nd one of what looks like a very girl giving it her best intelligent look

Nog, The Beast. wrote (see)

Thank you Podds.

Quiet day?

XB wrote (see)

LOL. Are you in cut and paste heaven, Podds?

29/11/2012 at 17:00

well run Westie and XB

ahh lovely photos XB

DD has just been sniffing around the desk we have in the front room, well bureau actually, in fact it is the boys 18th birthday present from my dad, he made it  but I digress.....she was jumping up, sniffing madly we couldn't understand why...it was like she'd seen a ghost....I told daught to have a look....it was then we realised the boy had left his gloves on the top tucked behind a photo she'd had one of them this morning because he'd left them on the sofa- we managed to swap it for a piece of ham!!

29/11/2012 at 17:01

Grrrr indeed about the appointment XB!

29/11/2012 at 17:58

Just as well I didn't want to read it......!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8341/8229501329_4a9e9a672e_m.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8200/8230565674_84eb8d2daa_m.jpg

29/11/2012 at 19:04

LOL!

29/11/2012 at 19:05

oooh, a paper party at Podds house - Cush will be ecstatic it's her favourite thing too. Am I right in thinking that's NV ?

Well plodded, Westie - what are you aiming for these days?

Does that mean you no longer needthe appointment, XB or do you need to reschedule ? But hoorah for the trotette and the superb view

And what a sweet dawg too, XB

Oooh, Noggs, that's lucky you got the last four tickets - you, HL, me and another WAISTer

Odd how dogs like smelly things isn't it, spence

Kids have got on my nerves tonight but I can't even summon the energy to bollock them - I shall inflict pain of the removal of the  XBox variety instead

*skips away happily and cackles evily*

29/11/2012 at 19:59

Evening

Wow Sue, you'll be free just as summer sets in, perfect timing    As family members have retired and started a new phase in their lives, after a couple of months they wondered how the hec they had time to go to work!

ooooo Yums you are evil  

Great pics XB.

Podds, a canine paper shredder, i think its a new concept!  I'll put it on my xmas list

I've been lurking around, but its been a bit hectic.  Mum has found a bungalow, we're just waiting to hear if she's been allocated.   She's been in hospital now for 6 months and she cant wait to get out.  Had a battle with the council, social workers and discharge team, but fingers crossed its sorted.

I havent done any type of exercise for a month now, feeling quite down about it, but I cant get myself together to go out in the dark and weekends we're constantly decorating.    sure it'll all work out soon and I finally get my free time back.

The train line to the SW is cut off, we've had a landslide in Teignmouth thats fallen across the rail line.  A few houses have been damaged too, been quite scary.  Whats happening to the weather!

29/11/2012 at 20:14
Speedy Snaily wrote (see)
  Whats happening to the weather!

??? Winter???

We had frost today. I think we will post photos of frosty leaves to our partner school in Sicily where it's currently 15 deg ...Had a nice short cold run this evening. I must root around and get out my fleecy headband!

Hope things get sorted out soon (and right) for your mum, Snaily.

29/11/2012 at 20:29

Podds, your hound and I share the same method of dealing with our paperwork.

HL and I got nabbed by Radio Oxford in town tonight, chatting about the festivities and community spirit,  We're going on the breakfast show tomorrow to share our thoughts with the county.  HL was incredibly eloquent (she can come across a bit shy on occasions) 

GD and her school sang their hearts out, as did all the other schools.  We bumped into some old chums and shmoozed our way round.  Lovely.

A good dinner eaten and Masterchef on't telly.

M...eldy    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:33

I had to scrape the car to come in at 6pm this evening!

Was awake a bit too early but not sure why, got a few bits done in the willage except paying in a cheque that I forgot so will need to do that tomorrow
I hope to be away form here at 3am so I can get some decent sleep before heading down West

29/11/2012 at 22:17

EVening

Indeed Yums it's the NV - not quite sure why he suddenly decided to turn into a shredder - I was upstairs getting into my PJs when I heard him and he was so enjoying himself I hadn't got the heart to stop him - the paper was already terminal anyway and was only the tv guide

I'm glad to hear Noggs however that you share his methods as it must mean he's quite normal   Sounds like a lovely evening out for you but I do hope you weren't toooo bah humbug for the radio.....

Good to hear things are moving for your mum Snaily but do give yourself a break re the non exercise. I'm not doing any either and I've not got any excuses whereas you've got Snailymum, Snaunty, Mr Snail and a new house and job to contend with!

Melds, in case I miss you tomorrow please give the pie-rights I know a big hug - I think Soupy is going and Cat5?  Shame not to make it but as it turned out with the Mr in Siberia it would have been rather too hectic. 

Talking of which he has a driver between the university and the hotel who keeps on telling him how dangerous the streets are and who is trying to teach him russian - Mr P says the most dangerous thing is this chap's driving however!!!

Yums - surgical removal of an Xbox is only one step down from surgical removal of a mobile phone for a teen - sounds like a good punishment to me!

I've been watching Portillo's great continental train journeys as he's been travelling one of my fave parts of Switzerland during it - brought back a great yearning to return as it's a few years now since we were last there.....

M...eldy    pirate
29/11/2012 at 22:23

I certainly will ... there may even be a photo of Melds in a frock 

29/11/2012 at 23:01

Evening,

I seem to have missed a couple of days and am not sure that I have read all the way back as the 'go to first unread post' icon seems to have gone AWOL.

However, I did see some loveyh photo's courtesy of XB and Podds. Alfie says he is always up for a paper party - although I would prefer it if he left the stuff on the walls!

Exciting times Sue, how lovely that you will be on hand for the grandchildren full-time .

It seems that we have media stars in XB and Noggy. It is about time they were inflicted on the rest of the country..

I don't know what planet Tubs is on - but I would like a ticket there please!

I was feeling a bit panicky about getting everything done for the 'C' word by the middle of December. Now I have decided that what doesn't get done doesn't get done and I am not going to worry about it - let's see how long that lasts .

Don't like this cold weather, it certainly increases my pain levels. I suspect I am going to be grumpy at 7.00 tomorrow as I leave for aquagym,

(((WIN)))

Nighties.

29/11/2012 at 23:32

Yawn yawn yawn, what a long day!

Podds at those photos Naughty dog!

And XB, how gorgeous! (both the view and the dog). Well done for turning a grrr into a haaaa x

Noggs on the radio? Whatever next! well done to GD

I've been out since 7am and only just got back - by my reckoning that's about 16 hours (yawn). An hour late for work this morning, then it took me 3 hours to get back from office to event, then we've had the most lovely time (we were hoping for 20 people, and actually sold out (with over 60) and had a reserve list! Somehow got a nettle sting on my finger.

Can I go to bed now? Please??

M...eldy    pirate
30/11/2012 at 00:11

Of course you can Daffs .. off you trot 

30/11/2012 at 03:15
It would seem that 3am is the new 6:45
30/11/2012 at 07:12
I saw 3.45 , in fact think I saw most hours overnight.

Went looking at nursing homes for FIL yesterday, very hard as we know its going to be his last home. That was all going through my mind and then my sis in law admitted to hospital with severe back pain. She was in a and e earlier in week but scans inconclusive. Now waiting surgical team to review repeat scan. Brother is one who has had depression tho he seems to be coping well. They are not local so can't do much at mo.

Muzzy head as tired. No running due to stupid knee. I feel about a100
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.