M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 21:59

I didnt think you knew any one who was actually older than you   

20/11/2012 at 22:18

It's all Westies fault.

Probably

20/11/2012 at 22:25

Evening,

Rant away as much as you like Podds. I do agree that it would be very unfair for you to sacrifice your only holiday when 'im indoors gallavants off all over the place all the time .

Aha, I knew there was a good reason for my avoirdupois - it is my intelligence showing  and nothing to do with the amount of food I consume.

(((FarFarFamily))) Wot Chuggy said.

Chuggy, you always seem to be rushing around, doing things for everyone else. Do you ever get to relax while someone else takes care of you??

(((Noggy's knee))) I do hope this is just a passing problem and not what you fear.

I am still paying for Sunday's short cycle ride. Yesterday I thought it was worth it, today I am starting to wonder! Chuggy, it will be a very long time before I get the SCS (if I an deemed suitable). currently I am still waiting to hear ifthe PCT have agreed funding.

MS and I did a sluggie today and also went to look at a retirement housing scheme. We are just doing some research with a view to thinking about where we might want to live. This is a lovely place, set around a listed building (that used to be a TB hospital, many years ago) but there are a couple ofpotential drawbacks. We intend to keep looking at places over the winter and then decide whether to put the house on the market next year.

MS has just got back from playing bowls. Having been up so early this morning, I am surprised that he has kept his eyes open this long!

Nighties.xxx

20/11/2012 at 22:43

Evening and Nitol

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/11/2012 at 05:50

morning 

21/11/2012 at 07:08

morning

*waits patiently for XB's recipe of the day*

*worries about all those carbs from beans*

(((farfars)))

(((podds))))

Hoorah, its half past week

21/11/2012 at 07:23

Morning

RAIN! Lots of it

I'm not sure I cba to train through the winter for Ashby for the first year I'm under pressure from 'My Mate J' and normally it's the other way round....Heaping the pressure on has taken the pleasure out.

BUT, that might just be my mood, I can feeling myself sinking into the Winter blues.... to which of course the remedy is to RUN!!

Sluggie, just make sure there's a spare bed for WAISTer visitors

Come on XB, what's the recipe today

((((((WIN)))))

21/11/2012 at 07:51

Good Morning

been extremely busy the last few months and neglected my favorite runners... You Guys!

how are we all?

ive been writing some more on my running blog http://www.therunningfella.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/modern-life-is-rubbish

21/11/2012 at 08:09

Morning one, morning all

(((((JFF and family))))))

((((Noggy's knee))))

(((((Podds))))) Book yourself the holiday of your dreams and leave Mr P under the patio 

Spence - come join me on the sofa - there's plenty of room

I'm a little bit tired. Returned home from the joys of Welsh Wales for a night in my own bed. The kitten was obviously pleased to see me, as was OH. Woken by OH shaking me at 1.30 (earplugs are my friends) The kitten was playing lets throw and catch the little vole around the bedroom. I chased kitten, with vole into the spare room. We then played chase the cat, get the cat to drop the vole, chase the vole, lose the vole, chase the cat who found the vole, etc. This went on for some time. Voles and cats can run faster than sleepy humans. Finally the vole jumped into a rucksack - so there I was in the street, in my pyjamas emptying out the contents of a rucksack. Finally the vole jumped and ran to freedom.

I was a little bit awake by now OH wasn't.

An hour later I was still a little bit awake but I finally got to sleep.

4.45 am - repeat the above. Not sure if it was the same very unfortunate vole or it's brother. This one lost a bit of its tail and exited the house dangling from my finges rather than ensconced in a bag.

Little soap box moment - church of England *sigh*

As you were

Happy Wednesday

21/11/2012 at 08:43

William? George? Who ARE these people??

Pippi, thank you! I never knew that about the petrol pump, I'll look next time I drive the car. (And I'm still hoping you'll hold forth about the Anglo Saxon thorn!)

Awww, Nogs, that's carp about the knee. Hope it turns out just to be a minor injury that will clear up in a day or two. Knee surgery sounds like no fun, and it would be so frustrating to be off the road for a while just when your training is going so well. Fingers crossed! BTW, I will assume that it is only your pain and anxiety that drove you to such uncharacteristic misogeny

21/11/2012 at 09:03

Morning all,
DL what an exciting night life you have

I will just agree that all things wrong are my fault I can take it and let poor Noggy off the hook.

Having another day off today but I expect the shops will come into it some time.

Coffee time

21/11/2012 at 09:06

Oops sorry, that was supposed to have posted last night. Anyone else find RW site very slow and unresponsive at the moment? 

DL, you are definitely the right person to meet first thing in the morning! Your account of the night's zoological obstacle course race cheered me up no end  Hmmm, that doesn't sound very sympathetic to a pal who lost most of a night's sleep, but it's the way you tell 'em....   Hope tonight is more restful but with a cat, who knows? Oh and as to the C of E, it's  'how to make yourself look stupid and irrelevant in one easy step' isn't it? I know some people have genuinely held objections to women clergy, but we passed that station when we got women priests. And theology aside, it's not very bright to tell one third of your employees that they have no hope of advancement/  (dusts soapbox and returns to its place)

Podds, of all our advice, DL's is the one to take!

Spence, I'm sure you too have targets, goals, objectives and do-lists running out of our ears, so I think running should be for YOU. Do it however you like it; don't let pressure kill the joy!

Oh Sluggie, how discouraging that you are STILL feeling the after-effects of that cycle  Is it because the movement sets the pain off again? Anyway, I hope it abates quickly now, and that they get a move on and get this pain control thing going for you!! Do keep us posted re a possible new house, you do realise WAISters will have to come in droves to inspect it  

Bricki, how good to see you back! And from your blog it sounds like you are one of the many of us who find running even more important for the soul than the body. Don't leave us for so long again, pop in and let us know how your 10 k preparation is going. 

(Waves to Sue and Yummy) You lasses are up and about early! 

Today is wrapping Christmas cakes and chauffeuring C2 around. And raking a zillion more leaves in the garden. House is being painted in 2 weeks (it needs it!!) so Mr C is doing a massive clear out/chop-out of the garden and we have TONS of rubbish. We've decided to leave most of it behind the confier hedge and just let it rot. Lazy swine, aren't we? 

21/11/2012 at 09:11

Morning

LOL DL - I do love the descriptions of your life even though I bet you must be tireder than a tired thing this morning

Despite spending the whole day turning out my office and shredding anything that didn't move (which at least avoided having to thump someone) I am still not at one with humanity today....luckily it's presentation day today and I'm one of the lucky few who doesn't have to drag along to the winter gardens Even luckier is that usually I keep S company on reception but now we have a new person K who works on a Wednesday which leaves me free................might just disappear somewhere and be antisocial for a while

Couldn't agree more re the C of E - already a minority in the country in terms of active members and telling 50%+ of the population that in effect they're unworthy is not going to help encourage any more through the doors in any role I wouldn't have thought................

Edited: 21/11/2012 at 09:14
21/11/2012 at 10:46

Morning each,

DL, I see you're doing sterling work for the Vole Liberation Front.

Podds, you're allowed to look after yourself too.

The C of E?  I was brought up in the C of E but chose an alternative path through life.  I still enjoy a church service or, rather, some aspects of it and class myself as spiritual rather than religious.  I think if you don't play the game you shouldn't make the rules, so my views are irrelevant in the grand scheme.

I listened to some of the debate yesterday and it did seem like a very long suicide note being read out.

Knee update.  It's quite swollen and still a little sore,  I have a big knee brace on and will be icing it and taking Iboprofen or Diclofenac.  I does feel like the knee internals have experienced a minor explosion.  I can walk almost pain free today so that's an improvement.

21/11/2012 at 11:28

Woo Hoo.  Lucky or what?

Whilst i was posting my last message HL called me -she's going to her fathers in Marlborough via her sisters.  She arrived at sisters place minus an earring - a rather nice fire opal in a white gold setting - I bought them for her when we were in Hong Kong 4 years ago.

I searched the house then went down to a petrol station where she'd stopped to fill up, luckily she remembered the pump number.

There is was, by the pump,  undamaged.

Anyone want me to buy their lotto tickets?

Edited to improve a piece of poor grammar

Edited: 21/11/2012 at 11:35
21/11/2012 at 12:22

What ho Mr Noggin a wonderous bit of splendiferous fortuity indeed.

Apologies for my earlier grammatical errors - I think the odd stray apostrophe and incorrect spelling might go unnoticed or allow the pedants amongst you a moment of smug superiroty

Chugs - if you are a lazy swine I am the ert in inert

Podds  - here's to your splendid isolation. Glad you're virtually sociable though

Does anyone have a spare ark? Of the Noah not the covenant variety?

Mt stomach reliably informs me it's lunch time - so here's your lunch time challenge. At my next book club we have been asked to talk about our 3 most important/meaningful/memorable/favourite books - out of interest - what are yours?

21/11/2012 at 12:36

Afternoon,

Noggy, with luck like that, I think you should buy lottery tickets of us all . Sorry to hear that the knee seems to be damaged I know that more surgery is not what you want, especially as you are self-employed. However, on a positive note, a plodpal of ours is back to full training following his knee replacement and my MIL (aged 87) is playing badminton again following hers - so it needn't be the end of your active life.

Oh dear, DL, your life is always 'interesting' to say the least. I do hope that you are not feeling too awful this morning.

Spence, I agree with Chuggy (of course). Running is supposed to be something that you do for you. Don't let it get to the stage where it is just one more thing that you 'must' do.

Chuggy, how lovely that C1 is able to get home for Christmas . I know that you have a girlie trip planned, I hope that you are really able to get some 'me time'.

If/when we move we will be looking for a flat, rather than a house or bunglalow. The garden is going to wrack and ruin as neither of us have any interest in it so we will be glad to get rid of it. One thing that is certain is that we will not compromise on a second bedroom, guests will always be welcome . If we can't find (and afford) what we want then we will stay where we are.

It is another grey day here and very blustery - but the sun is trying to shine through the cloud. It is certainly autumn now and we are ankle deep in leaves (when the oaks finally shed we will be knee deep). There are some lovely autumn colours still though.

'Thursday man' this arvo. This evening we are going to a 'party' at Tesco's - glass of champagne, some nibbles and a 'goody bag' (if we are there in time). Rock and roll!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

21/11/2012 at 13:20

lol that made me chuckle! and not being a pedant I didn't notice any mistakes

Nogs that is lucky!

21/11/2012 at 13:59

Can we go dibs on The Ark DL?  it's chuffing grim here too.

Books?

Catch 22, by Joseph Heller -  read when I was about 20.  The book has so many parallels to my police career.  The futility of what we do and the stupidity of how we go about it. (you can tell I'm not a book reviewer)

Another anti war tome but much lighter.  'Hitler, my part in his downfall' by Spike Milligan.  very funny.

Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth.  I read it in 1974 or 75 (I think) whilst on  a fabbo extended holiday in South West France.  A ground breaking book with it's description of how to get a dodgy passport. 

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or most anything with the character George Smiley by John Le Carre.  Wonderful character and plot development all done in an understated way.  A real spook, as far remove from James Bond as its possible to get.

One reference work makes my list.  'Gentlemen and Players, a history of the English Landscape' by Timothy Mowl.  It divides early giants of landscape development - Lancelot Brown, William Kent etc into posh folk or artisans and gives them an historical context.

I plainly have far too much time on my hands today.

21/11/2012 at 14:02

Excellent luck Noggy

DL wrote (see)

unfortunate vole or it's    brother. This one lost a bit of its tail and exited the house dangling from my finges   

*snigger* - My name's Podds and I'm a pedant

DL wrote (see)

Apologies for my earlier grammatical errors - I think the odd stray apostrophe and incorrect spelling might go unnoticed or allow the pedants amongst you a moment of smug superiroty

At my next book club we have been asked to talk about our 3 most important/meaningful/memorable/favourite books - out of interest - what are yours?

Hmm - now that's a difficult one.........

I love reading with a passion but I don't think I could name fave books as they have changed over the years.............what are you going for?

Edited: 21/11/2012 at 14:04
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.