working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,461 to 212,480 of 239,483 messages
01/12/2012 at 20:38

quite jealous of Meldy's figure, but not prepared to do an ironman to get one

01/12/2012 at 20:39

It's always a shame when the kids suffer because of the parents. How lucky GD is to have such loving grandparents.

What a lovely shop Daffy and their bras are reasonable prices too. I hope that you got yourself lots of lovely things.

Yummity, I love the dog hat . Red dress already chosen - although I did come back from the hire place with another red one and a blue one, neither of which solve the problem of the black and white formal evening...

Lovely photo of Meldy and, has been said, she has a cracking figure.

Hadn't thought about my Christmas identity yet, trust the Dragon to be on the ball.

01/12/2012 at 20:39
Ahh Nogs, do they not celebrate at all!?
01/12/2012 at 22:26
Dr Daffs wrote (see)

quite jealous of Meldy's figure, but not prepared to do an ironman to get one

Trust me Daffs - you can do an ironman and not have / get a figure like that - I know!!!

01/12/2012 at 22:31
Well that's given me a nice excuse then Podds! although you are gorgeous too of course!
M...eldy    pirate
02/12/2012 at 01:02
You don't want the 'after' photo!!

I'm in my pyjamas already
02/12/2012 at 02:28
Lightweight. I'm still in fishnets and a cocktail dress
02/12/2012 at 08:39

Morning each.

Blimey, you Waister Babes know how to tease.

A beautiful morning here, not sure what I'm up t today, I think the ribs need a few more days to settle, so I may do a speed walk with HL

Spence, my stepson and his wife don't celebrate at all.  The kids get money in place of presents.  I think it;s because they're idle and too flippin' vacant most of the time.

Coffee is ready

02/12/2012 at 09:13

fishnets and a cocktail dress in bed, Daffy, cor, blimey

Awww, bless GD, Noggs - thank goodness she has you and HL to support her and show how normal people behave - well, I use the word 'normal' advisedly

Daffy, an ironman is just one small step up from a marafun - honest

ah joy, no 2 has been winding no1 up and now I'm wound up as no 2 is a rude PITA. Is very hard to be the geown up and not to say what's going through my mind.  Mum's 80th birthday do today. Just me, Pa and the boys, no sis but I never expected her to change her mind.... and yet more tongue biting from me

scuse me while I indulge myself ....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

tahnk you for listening

02/12/2012 at 09:32

(((((((yums))))))))))) you poor thing. And your poor mum So sad about your daft sister

you can have a slap for suggesting ironmans though

Yawn yawnity yawn

02/12/2012 at 09:55

Only just got up

ahh Noggs, great you and HRH are such great grand parents

Yums, when mine were toddlers I used to open a kitchen cupboard and swear violently into it, sure it works with teens too

I would slam the back door

really helped, cos it was a wooden door and the wind really got behind it

I then came off the medication and started to run

Haven't needed to do it since

02/12/2012 at 10:53

woo hoo everyone, Spence's meds are going spare - dive in Ah yes, the swearing into the cupboard thing - I often mutter sweet nothings into the cupboard.

Fret not, daffy, I am just frustrated. The wisdom of learning when to keep yer gob shut also requires the patience of Job - which I don't have. No 2 has apologised and gone off to footie. I have the joy of Lidl then a footie match to watch and then hot foot it to meet Ma n Pa

but the sun is shining

02/12/2012 at 12:46

Not much patience here either today Yums. I have been facetiously counting Mr Daffs' shirts as I've hung them back in the wardrobe for the 5706767th time. (He is yet to invent his magical system, which he insists he can, that makes shirts go back into the wardrobe without him hanging them there. Personally, I think if he invents that, we'll be millionaires. Or, perhaps he already has since I tend to give in after a fortnight and do it myself...)

Anyway, prize to the one who has closest guess on number of jackets (not including outdoor coats) and shirts (both just in the wardrobe remember, not down the back of the sofa or in the wash).

02/12/2012 at 15:55

02/12/2012 at 16:15

02/12/2012 at 16:17

23 + 58?

I have been marshalling and it's absolute brass monkeys out there albeit with lovely sun and a blue sky

Winner home in the 10 miler in a tad over 57 minutes...........

In my PJs now and trying to catch up with everything I didn't do yesterday when I was icky before having to go back to work tomorrow.....

02/12/2012 at 16:27

Okay, you can have a mince pie now - Santa Dash dashed in 32m 40s which I thought was a pretty good time considering we dashed in to the 'office' to hand in our race cards and pick up the Santa gloves, and I took several pics on the way round. I didn't join Pippette in her sprint to the finish - !!! - but she stopped and ran with me (this is my sprint finish!)

Mr P did it for the first time and loved it. He smiled all the way round. He walked and had thought he'd be at the back and the roads would be opening, not realising that the majority stroll round too!

We passed someone at about 4k that Pippette overheard asking in wonderment "Do you think anyone actually runs the whole way?"

02/12/2012 at 16:29

M...eldy    pirate
02/12/2012 at 17:36

Evening all

I am home, from Brizzle via Cheesewick and then home ...

02/12/2012 at 18:27
Well Santaed Pippi

Well partied Meldy

Well marshalled Podds

Well getting chimney breast ready for eventual log burner,me and the boy.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.