working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,501 to 212,520 of 232,957 messages
23/11/2012 at 09:22

Morning All

Ah yes Meldy - Touching the Void - that was a cracking good read

M...eldy wrote (see)

Morning all

Glad they have survived the procedures Tubbs!  At least Mr Tubbs will know now he has nothing to worry about in terms of recovery

ROFL!  I'm not sure Mr Tubs will see it quite that way Melds...

M...eldy wrote (see)

Last nights rain has brought a few more leaky holes in the ceiling and I am running out of pots to catch the drops and the constant drip drip drip kept me awake !!

OH dear - doesn't sound very positive Melds

We had an absolute downpour for a couple of hours during the night but as I was awake anyway it didn't make much difference and we've been very luck compared to the rest of you from the sounds of it as we've really had relatively little of the wet stuff over this way..

Completely knackered this week with barely enough energy to lift my head off the desk........thank dog it's Friday 

The 6th form are organising a 75th reunion this evening as the school was opened in 1938 and I am the custodian of the first offical register which has all the details of the first pupils and it's quite fascinating when you get to 1940 because of course most of them were evacuated as we are only a few miles from Hellfire Corner although the school did stay open

I also have the first ever school mag from 1948 which details school trips down into the local mines (and I do mean right down to the working coalfaces....) - really fascinating stuff which I could imagine Pippi and Chuggy might like

Right - best go do some work like stuff then - laters!

23/11/2012 at 09:24

Morning all,

More coffee please Noggy drank the last lot and Noggy hope the knee improves for you to get out on bike and the snow slopes.
I don't have much to add on the book front , I tend to be a light reader and to be honest it's been a long time since I curled up with a book.I have other things to get out and do and think I'll get back into reading when I get a bit older and less mobile

Eldest son over from Italy for a hospital appointment and his mum's gone over to meet him and they are to the shops after. I was told not to join them as I would "spoil" their shopping as they want to browse all shops which is not my thing. Will all get together later

Have a good result on weight loss earlier this year I got fed up seeing this fat face and belly looking at me in the morning mirror so used my birthday as a target to get weight off.A few months ago I was on the wrong side of 14 stone 6lb and on birthday weigh in hit 12 stone 13lb so just made it ! Hope to continue so the running is part of the process but I don't think I will be joining XB's food plan yet

Ok looks like I will have to make my own coffee.

XB
23/11/2012 at 09:57

Morning

Those are very impressive numbers, Westie. Well done.

I'm just back from the physio. I managed to get a free session because I'm helping her with some research. I've been ordered to rest for a week or so.And not to be such a daft sod in the future.

TGIF.

23/11/2012 at 10:57

That's fantastic weight loss Westie - don't go fading away on thus though...

23/11/2012 at 11:32

Ooh, well done Westie! (and happy birthday too!)

Poor XB. The cheek of calling you a daft sod though. Glad you got a free session!  

That stuff about your school sounds really interesting Podds! Are you planning to invite everyone who's been at the school in 75 years?!

*waves to snaily*

Blithering freezing here, although nice to have the sun shining. I'm in the attic with an electric heater, have got 2 cardigans and a shawl on and a patchwork quilt wrapped round my legs and middle, and I'm STILL not warm!

XB
23/11/2012 at 12:07

My boss is on You and Yours on R4 in about 5 mins.

23/11/2012 at 12:47

Oops, morning Bricki. Really good to see you around the place again!

You prolly just need a little toddle to clear your head and the tubby feeling will disappear 

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 12:50

Podds, I am surprised you can remember that far back

Silly sod indeed XB 

Happy weightloss day Westie !!

Today I have packed my kit for the gym and I have placed it in the car if I do not go to the gym on the way home then I am not allowed out to play tomorrow .....

Ask me where I am going tomorrow ..... 

XB
23/11/2012 at 12:56

Oooh, Meldy. I was going to ask you something but it's slipped my mind.

XB
23/11/2012 at 13:13

Errrm...Oh god, what was it?

23/11/2012 at 13:40

Aftenoon,

Well done on the weight loss, Westie!

XB, did the fizz think that a weeks rest is all you need, or will there be some hurty therapy after that?

Tubs, I'm sorry that you had a disturbed night and I hope that the  lads are feeling OK today. I thought that Alfie was big at 4kg, never mind 7! Yes, I do know that ragdolls are a large breed but that brought it home to me - especially as Oskar is still only a baby. Sounds as if he will be the Millie of the feline world.

We really enjoyed the concert yesterday. Some 1st class music but also a fair amount of silly fun - plus the chance to have a singalong, what could be better?!

The wind had dropped by the time we left, but it was then raining heavily and the roads were flooded in a few places. It doesn't look as if there were any real problems though, thank dog.

Aquagym and Tescos D+D. I bought Alfie a new toy that makes chirping noises when it is moved - MS will hate it .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

23/11/2012 at 14:15

Ooo norty Sluggie

G'wan Melds, I'll ask - where are you going this weekend?

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 14:40

Twickers   

23/11/2012 at 14:46

Ooh Oooh Oooh Melds, wher yer going tomorrow?

My days work is done.  I've cleaned a pump chamber, two submersible pumps, a pre filter and shifted about 3500 litres of water to no effect whatsoever.(other than getting paid for it)  I think I've also sprung a rib, I felt it go - luckily its not as hurty as a fracture.

Westie, top man on the weightloss.  Your starting weight is the stuff of dreams for me - well, the stuff of total abstinence at least.  

In my defence I've lost my belly and the jowls and my chest is 10 inches bigger than my waist, there's just way too much of me all over.

23/11/2012 at 14:48

Oh dear Melds, I think it'll be a long drive home.

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 14:53

I'm not driving back til Sunday assuming you meant Twickers?

23/11/2012 at 15:27

Yes, I rather suspect that England will come second.

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 15:32

I have only ever been to one other international and that was at Twickers and it was Eng v SA ... and we won !!

Right.  I am going to the gym on my way home.

If I appear in here before 1800 tonight then send me back out again

23/11/2012 at 15:45
Well done Westie :0)

Glad you enjoyed your concert Sluggy :0) Mr Tubs had to carry the cat box yesterday as combined with his lordship it was over 11 kilos! Dodgy thumb still has limits. Blue is much much better. Not happy in his Elizabethan collar so that's why we've been on licking alert in case he tries to pull the stitches out ( large brandies for XB, Noggs and Westie, sorry!) Mr Tubs still has a slightly anxious expression.

Busy weekend in prospect as barn may be demolished next week. Need to make space somewhere for 15 round bales of haylage, 40 bedding and a heck of a lot of wood that Mr Tubs has cut up and is currently in the barn. Our treadmill is knackered so that may end up at the tip which will give a bit of room in the garage attached to the stables. I think the rabbits may have to move into the house or share with Fling! Megs is up to mischief, she has a 2 x 4 rail that is bolted across her stable door at an angle to stop her walloping the door with her hoof at unsociable hours. Said bar is now in two pieces. Megs is limbering her foreleg up in preparation for her pre dawn percussion chorus. Unless I can find something temporary pdq!

((( waisters))))
Edited: 23/11/2012 at 15:46
23/11/2012 at 16:32

well done on the weight loss Westie

Oh dear XB

I haven't run all this week and my knee hurts, what's that all about ?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.