working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,521 to 212,540 of 235,342 messages
23/11/2012 at 17:21
Spence I think your knees coming out in sympathy with mine !
23/11/2012 at 17:37
Been meaning to post this for days----it's just nice!

http://www.dailydawdle.com/2012/11/heartwarming-old-lady-misa-and-her-cat.html
23/11/2012 at 17:54

Books...

Any travel book by Eric Newby

5 x autobiography of Maya Angelou

Long walk to freedom - Nelson Mandela

Biko - Donald Woods

Gone with the wind

Spike Milligan war autobiography

23/11/2012 at 20:02

Ouch, just bought winter wheels and tyres, mainly for my Austria trip but I'll use them in the UK over winter to see how they go.

My ribs are hurting now.

Just tried to have a phone conversation with Spanish Dave - he's an alcoholic and only calls when he's pi55ed (which is most of the time)  I think I'm the only semblance of a friend he has.  I really have nothing to talk about with him.  He's been married four times, has 4 children that he's never supported, he's run away from everything that has responsibility attached to it (like supporting your kids and paying your bills) and he wonders why i have nothing to say to him.

TV time.

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 21:04

You are a voice on the end of the phone for him Noggs ...that probably all he needs

Tubs, we used to nail an old duvet (folded over a few times) to the inside of the doors of our early morning chorus!

I did go to the gym and I did 90 mins so I am feeling reet virtuous

23/11/2012 at 21:26

Well done

I haven't and I don't

However today for the first day in a few I feel reasonably human so once Mr P has been dispatched  I shall try and get a bit organised..........

Bed with some mags now and BBC4   rock 'n' roll Friday nights

XB
23/11/2012 at 21:45

Well done, Meldy. You can go to the ball. The funny shaped one.

And well done for being there, Noggles.

Your knee just needs to be mobilised, Spencey.

M...eldy    pirate
23/11/2012 at 21:51

I think Tubbs is in need of a few  ((( of these ))) tonight

I am off to bed, I shall return on Sunday at some stage .....    

XB
23/11/2012 at 22:06
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

...so once Mr P has been dispatched  

I guess you're going to have an usually heavy wheelie bin this week

Edited: 23/11/2012 at 22:06
23/11/2012 at 22:23
Thanks Meldy x

My sweet April has gone over the Rainbow Bridge to play with Ozzy. Such a faithful little girl :0(

(((( waisters ))))
23/11/2012 at 22:31

Oh Tubs. I know she hadn't been well, and I hope it was peaceful and pain-free, but it leaves such a big hole. She was such a sweet girl and so devoted to you.  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Tubs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope she is playing with Ozzy, somewhere. xxxx

23/11/2012 at 22:31

Oh dear, now I'm crying. 

23/11/2012 at 22:35

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Tubs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

chuggy so am I

23/11/2012 at 23:36
Oh no! Please don't be upset :0( It was very peaceful and at home. She was almost 14 and we've had ten wonderful years with her. Midge and Guttie especially will love her xx
23/11/2012 at 23:42
(((((((Tubbs))))))
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/11/2012 at 06:36

((((Tubbs))))) and ((((Ozzie))))

24/11/2012 at 08:40

((((Tubbs))))

24/11/2012 at 08:45
Morning

And again (((((Tubbs))))

And ((((((The Far Fars))))
24/11/2012 at 08:54

(((tubbs)))  Like all the other WAISter pets, April couldn't have been more loved or had a more wonderul life

LOL at Podds unusually heavy wheelie bin

Oooh, Twickers M...eldy ? How hoobacious although the weather forecast here is so much rain that footie training has been cancelled andthe match tomorrow is in question - hope the sun shines on the righteous ...... and you

(((spence knee)) Well, if you didn't spend so much time on your hands and knees....

Sluggy, that sounds like a fabulous concert - cant beat a good singalong - the shame is I'm no good

This week I have banged on it with the plod club Tues - intervals, Thurs - 5k plodette and Fri -  hills. Today I am supposed to be helping chum paint and clean up the flat she plans to rent out but not heard from her.  This week I have been enjoying the Tits and Jays in my garden

24/11/2012 at 09:22

(((((Tubbs)))))))) - be assured Guttie will already be looking after her and he will love to have a new pal - oh dear now I'm watering - what is it with these labbies...... 

Well said Yums - re both April and my wheelie bin!!! Thanks for the suggestion XB

Hope Twickers stays dry for you Meldy - we were supposed to be under a downpour here today but so far it has failed to materialise........although it's quite grey and generally uninspiring

Meant to say nice concert Sluggie and Yums is right - a good sing along is always good for the spirits

Good plodding Yums - I am hoping to rejoin the world of training this arvo with swim training although I'll have to see if my energy levels hold out for the whole session or not - and then possibly will take my bike to run club tomorrow just for the company   Looks like my tail end charlie duties at the 10 miler next week are not going to happen though!

Laters peeps

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.