working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,541 to 212,560 of 232,818 messages
24/11/2012 at 09:51

Morning

I think this is the first time in ages that I have managed to post before lunchtime .

(((FarFarFamily)))

(((Tubs))), the problem with having an 'April' shaped hole in your heart is that it is a blimmin big hole to fill! Our 4 legged companions bring so much joy but they are not meant to be with us for ever so that we can give our love to, and learn from, many of them over the course of our lives. And now Im blubbing too! I swore after Chivvy that I would never have another cat because I couldn't bear going through the hurt all over again...

Meldy is watching men play with oddly shaped balls? oooh, I'm jealous.

Yumms, you have really been hitting the training with the running club! I hope that you have an enjoyable weekend as reward.

(((spence's knee)))

(((Noggy))), hurty ribs are nasty . BTW, you are a fine figure of a man, you don't want to look like a beanpole.

I am waiting for cattery lady to get back to me before I can book us a last minute hoiliday. I don't meant that MS and I will be staying at the cattery, but we can't go if there is no room  for them to have Alfie. I am getting very impatient...

((((((WIN))))))

WAIST well xxx

24/11/2012 at 09:57

Oh Podds, I would have thought the wheelie bin was unnecessary. Didn't you leave some of those paving tiles in the patio loose, for easy future lifting? Glad you're feeling a bit more like yourself, though. Sounded like one of those weeks for a while there. 

Yums, you are a model to us all---nice steady training, job and kids under control (as these things go), helping friends in need. Star!!! *** xxx

You too, Nogs. Spanish Dave sounds like he doesn't have many people he can turn to, so your just being there prolly means more to him than you realise. Hope the knee is continuing to improve? 

Sluggie, concert sounds fab: bit of music, bit of fun, good old warble. Perfect!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((FarFars))))))))))))))))))))

Thinking of you all. 

Amandax, what news on your side? Hope things are a bit less fraught.

((((((((((((((((((((((Tubs))))))))))))))))))

It's good that things went easily for her, and as you and Podds said, Guttie won't let her feel lonely for a single moment. But it still leaves a hole in your life. 

Melds, have a sooooper day! Hope it stays at least sufficiently dry for you. 

All well here. Glad I managed to get out on Thursday for 3 miles, cos yesterday it tipped and this arvo it's meant to rain again. Nothing like what the west country is having, thankfully, but still very wet. The end of the Christmas cakes is almost in sight---woohoo! Duty appearance at church Christmas fair this morning to sing carols, feels a bit weird before the end of November. 

Books: Lord of the Rings (my parents gave it to me when I was 11, and I fell in love with it, permanently). The Nine Taylors by Dorothy Sayers (love her descriptions of the church bells ringing out over snowbound East Anglia). An Introduction of English Legal History by John Baker (an unlikely choice, but had more 'aha' moments than any other book I've ever read). The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot (nothing 'happens' but the little moments she catches bring that world into view so vividly). I envy those who can read Dickens, I can't but wish I could. 

Time to go---happy days, all! 

XB
24/11/2012 at 14:25

(((Tubbs))) Never easy.

Edited: 24/11/2012 at 14:26
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/11/2012 at 18:14

evening

here for  lunch with my team . I may be a llitle bit squffy after a couple (ok 3 share bottles) of wine and a cocktail. but fab to be with some of the best people I know outside of the Waister folk 

24/11/2012 at 18:31

oooh, Sue, how lovely. I love a lunch with good friends, good food and good wine.

XB, I'm going to cook you nuts and beans tonight

I had to phone chum to ask whether she still needed my help. One ceiling and one radiator painted. Still a shedload to do so have offered to go back when needed.

((farfars))))

(((tubster)))

Right, wine, Mrs dawg, a book and a blanket - another rock n roll Saturday night. Anyone care to snuggle under my blanket?

24/11/2012 at 20:01

Evening each,

(((((((the Tubseses))))))))))

A hard day at the studios with GD.  Gosh, those girls are working hard to put their show together,  8,45 until 6pm today and more rehearsals tomorrow

HL has had SCD on for a few minutes whilst we're waiting for Merlin.

Sorry, it's still sick in a bucket stuff for me.  It makes my flesh crawl, a bit like listening to Tony Blair or Paul Burrell.

XB
24/11/2012 at 20:08

I'm basking in the glow from Sue's rosey cheeks and from the joy that was my Chicken Carbonara. I've been trying to nail that dish for years and I got within striking distance tonight.

100% empty plates.

I hope you enjoy my nuts, Yumsky.

24/11/2012 at 20:19

Blimey, that is dedication, Noggs - from GD, not you

Ooer, XB, I  for some reason I thought yo'd gone veggie. I do love a good carbonara

I am happy to report that XB's nuts are jolly tasty

fancy a nice cup of teaand a tasty Angel cake finger boys and Sue? 

24/11/2012 at 21:13
Yums wrote (see)

I am happy to report that XB's nuts are jolly tasty

and

I have swimbled - although as expected not very well tonight - and it seems the chlorine levels were higher than usual as I can't stop sneezing now!!!

Rather  to will take Chrissie to bed with me with a box of jaffas (cakes not oranges of course!!!) and a pint of milk - skimmed naturally - after all a girl has to look after her figure!

Sweet dreams all and see you tomorrow

24/11/2012 at 21:51

Well, cattery got back to me and they can take Alfie, so Christmas cruise to the Canaries booked for MS and I. Lots to do between now and then - but shopping for Christmas food is no longer on the list .

24/11/2012 at 22:06
Crikey sluggy that's exciting!

Well cooked that XB!

Cost night in here to yums. All snuffly and full of cold so Sherlock Holmes and a hot bath for me. Mind you, bit too hot - this message is brought to you flaked out on the bathroom floor with the window open trying to cool down a bit before I try standing up again, last time was very nearly a disaster...
24/11/2012 at 22:26

Be careful, Daffs---we don't want you pitching over on the floor! Hope you get to bd safely and have a good night's sleep, that should help you beat the cold. 

(((((((((((((((Daffs)))))))))))

Oh Sluggie, a Christmas cruise to the Canaries!!! That sound sooooo glamorous, like something out of an Agatha Christie book or something. Tell us more---which island are you going to? will you stay on the ship the whole time or do you have some nights on land? We want ALL the details, mind! (Not that I'm jealous at all, oh no, certainly not 

XB, you are deffo what is known in the flatlands as a kitchen god! I'm ashamed to say I don't even know exactly what carbonara is---is it with cream, or bacon, or something? Anyway, if they all ate every bit, you have total success!

Sue, that looks like a super place, and after the tough year your team has had I bet it was good to have a really good time out together. 

Well swembled, Podds. You have earned a nice self-indulgent evening in bed, just try not to drop jafffa crumbs on the pillow 

Awww,Yums, you're really good to help out your pal---and it really does help with a big project like that. Hope you are cozy and tucked up and can just relax for once. 

Blimey, Nogs, that IS a long day of dancing practice, especially for kid. Bet your GD was thankful that you were there in support. Hope you can find an SCD-free zone to chill out in as a reward 

Carols duly sung, last six cakes iced, dinner made, C2 given lift into town (not smart to cycle when storm force winds of 9 - 10 force are expected tonight), Rossie walked, now time for sleep! Sweet dreams all xxx

24/11/2012 at 22:53

oh hoorah, Sluggy although Chuggy's reference to Agatha Christie makes me think of Death on the Nile!

(((daffy)))) Sounds as though you are reet poorly - maybe feverish, perhaps? As chuggy says be careful and get up very slowly. Of course if you are nekkid on the bathroom floor I can always pop over and make sure you are ok

Awww, just the last 6 cakes done, chuggy - remind me again, how many did you make ??? C2 will be glad for the lift with wind like that. Even I left my bike at home today as it was so wet.

Well trained, Podds - chlorine makes you sneeze ? How odd. Is a chap in our office who sneezes when he eats bananas.  And don't forget to brush your teef after that midnight feast young lady.

I guess Sue is still sleeping off the lunch And M...ouldy is downing Guinness and singing sweep low, sweet chariot

Beddybyes time here too

25/11/2012 at 00:19

off to bed now but before I go love chicken carbonara home made of course with fresh pasta and a home made sauce few bits of bacon etc lovely.
anyway must get to bed had dosed up so hope to sweat this bug out tonight as have spent the last week with that horrible echo in my ears like my head had a bucket over it and am rather deaf. I want to get back to running but just can't at the moment.

night all

25/11/2012 at 01:08
Nice nuts XB

Ooh Sluggs, what date do we leave!?

I've had lovely evening at a mates girlie chat and food

Quite scary driving home the amount of water on the roads, been raining here solidly since mid day!

Keep it quiet in the morning eh!
I'll have a cup of tea whoever's first up
Ta muchly
25/11/2012 at 07:12
Morning all
Off spences way today, coach trip to Cadbury world with youngest. Should do wonders for my diet
Blowing a gale here , rained all day yesterday. Was actually pleased I can't run at the moment!
FIL still in hospital, quite muddled. Going in for ward round again tomorrow
25/11/2012 at 07:16
Teas up spence!
25/11/2012 at 07:44

Morning each,

Blowing a hooligan here too, at least the rain has stopped for a few hours.

My ribs are sore so a ride is out of the question, like you Amanda, I'm not too unhappy about it.

A day of home centred stuff, we're walking dogs for two neighbours later so that'll get me out.

Coffee?

25/11/2012 at 09:02

I'll have some of mandax's lovely tea please

(((noggs ribs))) I did that very gently

Localish 10k here with a strong club presence - am sooooh glad I didn't sucumb to their encouragement to run it as the wind is going to make it challenging for some.

Ithink you're right, spence, you can carry the sluggs suitcases and I'll go ahead to throw down rose petals in front of them

Mandax, samples dear, samples !

Awww, westie   Shall I warm my jar of Vicks and my hands ?

Planning a pottering day here. My bedroom needs remedial action - as does most of the house! Dinners on The brussels for Christmas dinner that is

XB
25/11/2012 at 09:48

I'm up for some recreational remedial action in your bed chamber, Yums.

Me and Twin1 have just gone halves on some scrambled eggs made using some of the left over cream. Scrummy.

Generally I am a vegetarian; I don't eat meat if I don't know where it came from. Well cared for animals are OK. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.