working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,561 to 212,580 of 235,449 messages
25/11/2012 at 09:57

Morning all, well no sweating out last night so packing my case and heading off to Yums for some tender caring. But first going to drink all noggy's coffee

25/11/2012 at 10:00
Oh oops look at the time !
Woke when Mr Spence got up at 6 and didn't wake until 9:50!!!!

Lovely blue sky so DD Nd I are going for a trot
Will read back on my return.
25/11/2012 at 10:12

Here, Westie, have some REAL coffee. Over here they make it strong enough to stand a spoon up in. Sounds like you have manflu for real, so take it easy today and get well. xxx

XB, that's a very sensible approach IMHO. Hats off to you. Animals who had a happy life and are humanely slaughtered are really different from those pathetic battery raised creatures. So what exactly IS carbonara??

Yums, deffo the better part not to race today: a little slip of a thing like you would prolly be swept off your feet and set down again in Iceland or somewhere. What about a lazy day for a change?? (BTW, love the idea of you going ahead of the Sluggs to throw rose petals 

Nogs, this storm has obviously been sent in order to ensure you give the ribs a chance to heal  Good idea.

Amandax, sounds like things with your FIL are still pretty difficult. Hope you find him a bit more settled today. It must be very hard to know how to plan when things are like this. 

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((FarFars)))))))))))))))))))))))

xxxx

Where's FP got to? Haven't seen her for a while. And Larry is threatening to go AWOL again as well....

Mr C and I went for coffee and the paper, our Sunday morning treat. Evensong tonight so a free morning. But we've rented a carpet shampoo machine for Monday so I have to spend most of the day clearing stuff off the floor of C3's bedroom and getting stuff off tables etc in the sitting room so we can move furniture around for most of tomorrow  Supposed to be force 10 gales here later today so don't expect I'll be running either!

XB
25/11/2012 at 10:27

Here's some cut and paste for you Chuggles. I get a lot of help and inspiration from here

Ingredients Preparation method
  1. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

2. Add the chicken to the same pan and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until completely cooked through.

3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.

4. Place the beaten eggs into a large bowl.

5. Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water.

6. Add the spaghetti to the eggs and a little of the reserved cooking water and mix well.

7. Add the oil, cream, parmesan, cooked chicken and cooked pancetta cubes and stir to combine.

8. To serve, divide the pasta and sauce between two bowls. Top with extra parmesan and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

25/11/2012 at 11:57

(((((Nogs ribs))))))

Have fun Amandax, they don't give out as much chocolate as they used to !! you should have said you were coming we could have ,met for a run !!

5 miles done beautiful out there  Chinese woman flapped her hands and squealed at DD  she'd only run passed her, she wasn't remotely interested in her  she wasn't moving quick enough!!

The boy scout has cut some kindling so the fire is on the go

25/11/2012 at 11:58

yummmmmmy, XB *shakeskes head* A kind offer of recreational help in my bedroom, XB. Sadly that aspect of my life has more cobwebs that  the bedroom iteslf

Ho hum but I have been exceptionally good this year so there is still a chance that Santa will send me something nice in stockings

Coffee and papers, eh, chuggs. I have this picture in my mind that Mr C holds up the paper and buies his nose in it whilst you lean forward and angle your head so that you can read the back pages A lazy day ? Heck, a novel idea although these days I think it is only God that has a rest on Sundays

I'm warming my hands, westie

25/11/2012 at 12:01

well run, Spence. Chinese woman was prolly hoping to catch DD and have her for tea

25/11/2012 at 12:51

Afternoon,

(((FarFarFamily)))

(((Amandax and FIL)))

(((Daffy)))

(((Westie)))

(((Tubs)))

(((    Noggy    ))) (hope that was gentle enough for your poor ribs)

Crikey  there are a lot of WIN at the moment!

Yums,I am sure that the right person will come along eventually. Meanwhile, you have some loving friends and are better off without the wrong person.

Spence, silly lady, fancy getting upset by DD!

OK guys, we leave on 15th December from Southampton, stowaways are fine by me - but P+O might have different ideas! We spend the first 3 days at sea, crossing the Bay of Biscay, that has the potential to be 'interesting' at this time of year . Then 1 day each in Madeira, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lisbon before another 3 days at sea and disembarking on 27th December. I have never been sure whether the Canaries would be my cup of tea, this gives us the chance to get a taste of the islands and see if we might want to return.

Quiet day for us today, apart from some friends popping round for a cuppa after lunch. MS is painting the woodwork in the loo and I need to make a start on the Christmas letter and cards.

WAIST well xxx

25/11/2012 at 14:14

Second thoughts I'll meet you in Madeira...I actually hate boats!!

I think I might be slightly unhinged.....I've not had a good week in the head department but today, big sleep, run in the sunshine, bit of telly with my babies and now vaccing with the music up loud and I'm as happy as a sand boy !!

Strange thing your brain eh!!

Just what I was thinking Yums!!

I throughly get people being frightened of dogs, but if you are; stand still, fold your arms........ DON'T shriek like a banshee and flap your arms madly!!  

M...eldy    pirate
25/11/2012 at 15:09

Afternoon gang

I am back at w*rk

Had a great day yesterday, crap game but still managed a few pints of the black stuff, a burger grill on the way home and a bacon & egg brekkie this morning before coming home to let the pikey one have a late brekkie
I had a quick 30 min run and shower. change and back to work !!

25/11/2012 at 15:28

Afternoon All

Just packed Mr P's bag for him  he has to decide what he wants to take and get it all ready as I refuse to be responsible for his sartorial elegance - or lack thereof - but I pack it as that way it goes in half the space and arrives looking halfway decent

That sounds like a good plan Sluggie - Mother Podds went to the Canaries recently and I know she found them a mixed bag - some really beautiful bits and some thoroughly overdeveloped malaga-like anglicized bits which she was far less keen on!

I have done little today - the swim yesterday wiped me out again

This evening I have to go round to  A's place for tea - since she chucked her job in she's been getting more depressed and needy which involves me and as I am really really really not good at this whole human empathy thing I find it all tremendously stressful...........   However I'll take the hounds and we'll walk all 6 of them, have tea and then I'll try and make an excuse to get away......

And yes I know what you're thinking (and mostly too polite to say!) - I know I'm not a good friend...................

25/11/2012 at 15:50

At least you go Podds!

25/11/2012 at 16:40

XB, I might just be a bit thick but in your recipe it says to add the spag to the eggs, that's raw eggs it doesn't get cooked again?

25/11/2012 at 17:41

The heat from the spaghetti cooks the eggs.

25/11/2012 at 17:45

Oh you reckon!

I did wonder!

Edited: 25/11/2012 at 17:45
25/11/2012 at 17:52

I did wonder the first time I made it (I don't even like runny eggs!) but it's fine.

I've been out taking photos today - I had an idea and the sun was shining so off I went. The tide was about as far out as it is possible to be! I timed the walk back 15 minutes! with only a few short photo stops, including a horse and buggy being driven around!

25/11/2012 at 17:53
http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/103883/gallery/horse_&_buggy_small.jpg?width=350

Messing around trying to get a photo to show! If not,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruth_w/8217833204/

Edited: 25/11/2012 at 17:58
25/11/2012 at 18:07

Pippi is right, Spence, afterall, you don't want scrambled eggs

Oooh, sluggy, what a hoobacious holibob  Spence, I'll carry the cases and dash back to throw petals but you can  get the drinks while we're basking on deck.

Podds, surely you put Mr P in his best suit before you despatch him, so don't pack that. And when the Poliss check his wardrobe and find half his clothes missing, it will look as though he has gone away..... And as Spence says, at least you go. not everyone is good at empathy but practical stuff like dawg walking company is sometimes far better for the soul than empathy and nowt else

Oh, did Engerland lose then, M...eldy ? Still, you're a worthy supporter what with yer Guinness, burger and man size brekkie this morning (that says brekkie, not Bricky)

Sluggy, you are of course absiolutely right about having the right person in my life or better off single. Been years since my cockles have been warmed,. Still, not as unfortunate as Susan Boyle. I was listening to Radio 4 whilst painting chums ceiling and Susan was saying that her only boyfriend was when she was in her early twenties - bless her. And then there was the lady who suffers from polycystic ovaries and is growing  nice little goatee for Movember.  Radio 4  - I love it.

Now, I seem to have made ratehr lovely macaroni cheese and drunk most of the wine. The beds still need making - anyone help me please ?

25/11/2012 at 19:05
Yums, entry is open for Ashby
25/11/2012 at 19:32

I cant hear you, Spence

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.