working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,601 to 212,620 of 232,962 messages
M...eldy    pirate
26/11/2012 at 18:47

Chuggs, I use the BBC food apps on my phone, there are 3 or 4 of them, nice and easy to use as well!

Bit bizzy here again today, me and the GPO had a bit of a lie in this morning and I shoehorned a swim in before work.  More of the same tomorrow except I am on a night for the next 3 and then down to Bristol for a Pirate Christmas party  .... I have no idea what to wear   

26/11/2012 at 19:01

Dress like an actual pirate Meldy!

I dread to think what would happen if I actually cleaned our carpets Chuggs...

Good job I went straight to the station! Got there at 3.10, 2.5 hours earlier than usual. EVERYTHING either cancelled or delayed, place entirely heaving with people. Line entirely flooded up near newcastle, so no direct trains home at all. Fortunately managed to hop straight onto a train to Doncaster (which had itself been delayed for over THREE HOURS), then directly on another one, so wasn't too bad in the end! Glad I didn't leave it til 5.30 though, and very glad I don't have to go again tomorrow!

26/11/2012 at 19:24

I've been for a run!

After putting it off for weeks as I had something that 'I'd better get on with ...' I've come home to cold, dark, wind and rain and decided that 'no, I'm actually going out in it' - I ran a bit too fast to get it over and done with and found that neither my jacket or mascara is quite as waterproof as I'd want them ... but yay!

And you get to have a hot shower when you get back!

Thanks for saying nice things about the photos, Chuggs. I haven't been taking odd ones recently and I do rather miss it. It's a bit like running. Unless I make myself, I don't bother, despite saying that I'll just keep things ticking over. It's all or nothing with me!

26/11/2012 at 19:55
Woo hoo well done Pippi

We don't have any carpet downstairs !
Dog/cats/children = wooden floors every time!!
26/11/2012 at 20:16

Evening,

(((FarFars))), it is tough when you hve both lots of parents to worry about .

(((Daffy))), I'm glad that you got home without too much trouble. As you say, it was defo the right decision to go straight home.

DL, I do hope that OH hasn't donated her germblies to you.

I know what you mean about wooden floors Spence, but they are far too noisy for me. We used to hear Chivvy on the laminate downstairs - clip clip...clip: clip clip...clip. Alfie charges around the house now and skids along the hard floors .

Chuggy, I hope that C3 hasn't been affected by the flooding.

Noggy, how frustrating than the weather has made more work for you, rather than give you the excuse for a rest! I do hope that your fave customer doesn't actually get flooded.

(((Tubs and Blue))) I hate heights too and will be keeping well away from the levadas. hank dog that I have a good excuse for avoiding the toboggans!

I love the thought of Meldy being a Bond archvillain .

Podds - some people do sympathy but that doesn't get the dogs walked or food in the fridge etc. Both approaches are equally valuable.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xx

26/11/2012 at 20:31

Woo Hoo,

Just got the heads up on Montenegro.  I need to book the flights now and HL has just informed me her passport expires in 6 weeks - the day we go to Italy.

Did I mention the tale of 10 years ago?  I'd booked a ski holiday starting on a Saturday.  On the day before she told me her passport has expired.  Thepassport office were superb, after a day of high stress she had her new passport.

This time we have 6 weeks to get it sorted.

I have a carrot cake int th'oven, it smells fabbo.

26/11/2012 at 21:45

Good heavens, Your Nogginess, a baker too? Flippin' amazing you are! And you even found out about the passport in advance  

Awww, Sluggie, I'm trying to imagine what a skidding Alfie sounds like  And thanks for asking, C3 is fine. His place is in the middle of town, so not right by the river. Saw some BBC news film, though, of the Exe over it's banks, and realised we were right there 2 weeks ago. Poor people, everything wet and dirty and for some of them big questions about insurance. Not good. 

Waaayhaaay, Pipps, well done on that run, especially in seriously adverse conditions! Isn't it funny how we put off things that we really like to do, and know we'll feel better for doing? Now maybe you'll take some more photos for us 

Golly, Daffs, I hadn't thought about the weather disruptions up your way, but well done on managing to get home, by one means and another! Sounds like with those conditions they will be telling people not to travel unless it's essential, so you can stay put tomorrow with a clear conscience. 

Take it easy, Melds, sounds like a busy week but the party will be superb. 

Rather disappointed. My former pupil master (from when I was in training at the Bar) was going to be here this weekend for an arbitration and we were going to have lunch; but he's just sent an email to say the hearing has been postponed. Haven't seen him for yonks and was really looking forward to it  Oh well, they might be back in the spring. 

27/11/2012 at 07:15

morning

(((family farfar))) that's a lot of worry, stress and being everything to everyone

Hope fave customer isn't in her wellies yet, Noggs. Montenegro sounds fab - make sure it doesn't clash with the sluggsies holibob as I cant be in two places at once

;-)

Snigger - M..eldy would be a fabn Bond villain - aided and abetted by GPO

Oooh, I say, Mr 00XB is that a spatula in your pocket...... ?

(((daffy))) I would have gone straight home anyway - so glad you put yourself first and avoided some of the travel trouble.

(((DL))) Ah... love is...... sharing everything.... snigger

(((chuggy))) That's a real shame your mentor wont be coming but being  postponed I assume that he will turn up eventually ?

Well pootled, Pippi - I love a quirky photo me

Nuffin doing here apart from busy - chum asked for painting help last night. Its getting there but.... and Podds, like you, I can't solve some of my chums problems - job, money etc but I can wield apaint roller and at least show she isn't entirely on her own and overwhelmed. Plod club tonight - well, that's the plan anyway.......

(((tubbsy)))

27/11/2012 at 08:04

Morning. 

Well done, Yummsy. Lots of people will be giving your pal advice on how to live her life: your lending a hand with the things that actually help, like making her home feel nicer, will prolly help her a lot more! And yeah, I hope my old teacher shows up eventually; but with litigation you never know, just have to hope the case isn't settled! 

They are coming to wash the outside walls in preparation for painting them. Should be an interesting process! But inspired by Pippi's great performance yesterday, Rossie and I are going out for a small stagger round the block. Back later. 

WAISt well, all xxxx

27/11/2012 at 08:08
Morning. My knee / ITB is not going and now the stretches seem to have pulled something ? Hamstring in other leg so feel fed up and not done anything since the half.

Visited FIL yesterday, still confused intermittently but had urine infection which may not be helping. Find it hard seeing him like that.

Should be back to work next Monday as sick note runs out thursday. Feel ok to go back now but not sure will want to go on ward FIL in.

Going to have potter round local market town later assuming its not raining.. Need to attempt some Xmas shopping
27/11/2012 at 08:09

Morning

tis raining...again!

(((((Far Fars))))

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
27/11/2012 at 08:11

morning all 

27/11/2012 at 08:11

Morning each,

There are a couple of places still available Yums. The trip will involve eating and drinking so be warned.

Chuggs, shame about pupil master meeting. You mention lunch and the bar.  I could flit over!

I have to make sure HL gets her passport application moving today.  According to the Passport Office website there shouldn't be a problem getting a renewal within 6 weeks.  We still have a one week and a one day option as a fallback.

My ribs are hurtier now than when i did the deed.

Regarding Melds as a Bond villain.  I think we all know where it's going don't we?  Melds, stroking her pussy, saying  'We were expecting you Mr Bond'

Coffee?

XB
27/11/2012 at 08:19

Morning.

Nice bit of brush work, Yums.

I've been for a walk with a bit of running - no more than 30 metres at a time - and it was pain/discomfort free The trick now is to stay sensible and build up very gradually.

Mrs XB has taken the day off and we are going to waft around some shops then meet mother; I have tickets for a recording of Celeb Mastermind. 

27/11/2012 at 08:55

morning all

Amandax - urine infections seem to be an issue with oldies and certainly can cause confusion from my experience

I'm glad to be back at work this week, Mr FF looks really miserable and I'm sure he'll be much better once he's back into the work routine - just need to get through this week.

sounds fun XB! have a lovely day

27/11/2012 at 09:07
Nog, The Beast. wrote (see)

Regarding Melds as a Bond villain.  I think we all know where it's going don't we?  Melds, stroking her pussy, saying  'We were expecting you Mr Bond'

Coffee?

Coffee? I need smelling salts Noggy! 

(((    Noggy ribs   )))

It would appear Mr P has arrived in Siberia - day time high of minus 13 

27/11/2012 at 11:30

ooh Podds - I can't think of anything worse, I'm freezing here! what on earth is he doing in Siberia?

27/11/2012 at 12:07

Working at Tyumen University for a couple of weeks........... teacher training of Russian teachers whose Russian students are in the oil and gas industry and who need English for their jobs

27/11/2012 at 12:58

Podds, what I want to know is, how did he get there? Did he manage to lift the tiles in the patio, or did he just tunnel through? (And I'm with JFF-- that's WAY TO COLD for anyone!!) BTW, I'm not sure even smelling salts would do the trick this time---think I need something for a queasy stomach 

Nogs, given that 4 of the next 6 weeks involve holiday time, you'd better whack that passport application in pronto, I'd say! Sorry to hear about the ribs, tho. I did something like that when I was working in the garden in France and it took about 6 weeks to heal.  Hope yours gets better much more quickly!

XB: yaaaaayyyy! Hope this means that whatever the niggle was, it's on its way out now. And your day sounds delightful---a lucky couple of ladies there, too!

(((((((((((((((((Amandax))))))))))))))

Tough times for sure. It is very upsetting to see the olds not doing well, and it doesn't help that you are in pain yourself and can't even get out for a run. Hope the return to work goes all right and you don't need to deal with your FIL. I would have thought they would try to avoid professional staff having to deal with family members?

(((((((((((((((FarFars)))))))))))))

It does help to get back to work and some routine; a bit like being on a treadmill, where something else keeps you moving on a moment-to-moment basis. A big bereavement requires you to literally restructure your mental world, which is hard and tiring, and something that just keeps the hours and days going by while you get used to the new situation can be steadying. Thinking of you all, especially Mr FarFar. 

Rossie and I did a gentle 4.5 k. Very slow, with plenty of walk breaks, but the barefoot approach does work for me so I'm a happy bunny. About to go to the shops with C2---rock and roll, eh?!?

27/11/2012 at 14:07

Yeee hhaaaahhhh - I have finally got my work email inbox down to

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.