working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,801 to 212,820 of 233,839 messages
03/12/2012 at 10:31

Morning All

Back to damp grey and miserable again - and that's just me!! Oh I do so hate "grey"...............unless it has a "hound" stuck on the end 

Really bored at work - not lack of stuff to do by any means just no mojo...

What does one get the mother who has everything for her 70th?  One who is getting more obstreperous by the day too with regards to her likes and dislikes!!

03/12/2012 at 10:38

Morning all. Been lurking over the weekend but with C3 here we spent most of our time zooming around. 

Can't remember much but

((((((((((((((((((((((Amandax)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope FIL stabilises, and also that you can get some rest. You sound just dog-tired, girl. xxxx

(((((((((((((((((FarFars))))))))))))))

I think in some ways the toughest time starts now: there isn't much left to 'do' so you are just left with a world with a big hole in it. Thinking of you,.

((((((((((((((((((((Snaily)))))))))))))))))

Hope your mum gets her new place soon!!!

Blue moustache?? Might catch on, but then again....maybe not  Really hope the ribs start to feel better, tho. I was astsonished at how much they could hurt and how long it took to heal. 

Waaayhaaay, Sluggie, the glamour will be huge fun. I remember that fab purple dress you had for your last cruise (yup, THIS is the society I've been looking for---friends who say 'Oh, on my last cruise I took my purple evening dress.;!!!) We will need full photographic coverage!

Well Santa'ed, Pippi  And looking forward to more of your photos as you have time. 

Daffs, what a deliciously debauched weekend you seem to have had  As for the sartorial stakes.... I'll put in a guess at 18 jackets and 32 shirts. 

I know Podds and Meldy have been training in a way that leaves me hiding under my rock. Hope things at work for both of you are reasonably amenable. 

Oh Spence, the 2 am runs for DD??? Aaarrrrgghhhh....and of course you ignore the signs at your own peril. Hope she's better tonight. 

Awwww, DL, I love Advent calendars. We always have them. Three ducks, eh? I'll have to go see what we have today.

Tubs, that is a WHACKING lot of work!!!! But then, a barn holds an awful lot of stuff (especially when you have to take it all out). Are you going to have a new barn or have you just decided you can do without? 

Sorry, I've forgotten everything else, With C1 arriving on Friday I'm trying hard to get organised. Did manage to do a couple of miles last night. It gets dark so early now that I found myself running through the woods all alone in the dark (there were lights, but thick woods on both sides and no one about) so it was a good incentive to pick up the pace! 

And have a look at this----it makes me understand our Scott a little better!

http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_nl&utm_source=initial&utm_medium=mail&utm_content=nlnl&utm_campaign=ifly25&WT.mc_id=1928936%7C6659132%7C81780447%7C257914580%7C1023761&WT.tsrc=email#/easy/air-time/

(If that doesn't work, go to 

http://ryansandes.com/

and look at the one about Fish River.) 

Happy days all. xxxx

03/12/2012 at 10:40

Podds, sorry, can't help.  What do I know about obstreperous old people

My weights went well, so, with  some adjustments I have no excuse for not training.  I may even try a ride or turbo sesh later.

Just had SIL on the phone, she and partner want to come for Christmas.  That's us with a fairly full house now.  Best get an order in with  the Offy, as she likes to uphold the honour of the regiment when it comes to red wine and port drinking.

M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 11:55

Podds, I dont know if this helps but I brought my mother a digital photo frame for her birthday .... I haven't a clue if she likes it or uses it  

03/12/2012 at 13:53

Afternoon,

Daffy, your day sounds great fun, I hope it lives up to expectations.

Tubs, you are so active, I don't understand why you are not a size 10!

Well Santa'd Pippi.

Chuggy, when are you and C1 off for your girly weekend?

Oh dear Spence . I spose you would rather she wake you than not though.

I have the same problem when it comes to buying pressies for SM. She doesn't wear perfume or make-up, very little jewellery. However, she has asked fo a bottle of Bailey's so that is a start!

SB and gf came down for the day yesterday, which was really lovely and we will see them again after Christmas. Not sure when we will be able to get them together with SM though and I know she would be happier if we had something arranged.

Last night Alfie stood firmly in his litterbox - and sprayed up the back of the sofa . To my knowledge, it is the first time he has done that and I wonder if he was asserting his dominance over SB?

Have aquagymmed this morning and had coffee with my friend, just a quick one as she is not feeling great. It is the aquagym Christmas dinner this evening so I best have a disco nap later, before I get ready.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx 

M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 14:31

No Sluggy ... he is like most men and is directionally challenged in the wee department  

03/12/2012 at 14:52

LOL Meldy

And thanks for the idea - not something I'd thought about so it's gone on my nascent list

03/12/2012 at 14:54

Alfie reminds me of one of the "men's rules"

Learn to work the toilet seat.
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

03/12/2012 at 15:15

We've always had lady kitties, and I think we'll keep it that way!!))

Melds, great idea about the photo frame. Maybe with a good photo of you, Podds, finishing you IM or something?? (Even tho they may not tell us, parents ALWAYS like to brag on their kids!) 

Podds' quotation reminds me of something they tried in (of all places) Schiphol Airport a year or two back. They painted targets (bulls-eyes) in the urinals. Apparently the cleaners loved it, because there was MUCH less 'general cleaning' needed than before! 

Question. Since last night it feels like a spike is being driven through the bottom of my right heel every time I put weight on it. There was no problem during my run. Could it be bruised and I didn't notice? 

03/12/2012 at 16:43

I didn't make the bike ride.  I went to the garage and my winter hack had a puncture so I watched telly instead.

I'm doing  this for dinner. How grand are we?

Larks aside, i think the BBC food website is very useful for trying something different.

03/12/2012 at 17:07

mmmm what time Noggs ?

I did read back but it's gone in one ear and out the other

Sluggie, that's a strange place to have a cat litter tray!?

We have wood drying beside the log burner; DD is trying to chew a log and in doing so caused it all to fall over sending her into a right panic

M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 17:10

I have a few apps on my phone for BBC recipes, they are very nice 

FIsh cakes and salad and new pots for me ... think I need a detox before the silly season starts  !!

03/12/2012 at 18:43

We've had an RE Ofsted.

They've gone.

Christmas can re-start!

M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 18:45

Divine intervention? 

M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 18:46

I'm looking online for some christmas inspiration but I keep getting sidetracked by bling

03/12/2012 at 19:43
Hope it went well Pippi x

I love babies me, but I'm sick of hearing about the royal baby already !!
M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 19:45

Its that feckin cold in here I am debating going to bed ...

03/12/2012 at 19:45
Ooh what bling you looking at Meldy?
I'm hoping for something from www.silver.co.uk.

On my iPod can't do a link!
M...eldy    pirate
03/12/2012 at 19:47

Bike bling ... running bling ... shoesies bling .. you know the kind   

03/12/2012 at 19:48

Well, the dinner was a success.we'll do that one again.

I  need to do some online shopping too.  I've found an online book store that delivers free to NZ. hoorah.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.